• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
DoctorWho said:
I know people say this but I hate my DS3 D-Pad. I have most of my 2d Fighters on my PS3 and I constantly struggle with the controls. Then again, I have trouble controlling columns on my Genesis collection for 360.

I guess it is lose-lose.

Must be me then, I can pull off any move with that dpad, double fireballs, yoga flames, 360's, double 360's, charge moves, no prob.

Captain N

DMPrince said:
give her money and tell her go with her friends.

I am starting to feel a little sick...maybe I should send her off or tell her I should stay home and rest up. I'm sending her off tomorrow...sooooo maybe I'll take one for the team and go out today and invite some buddies over tonight..anyone in Pa feel free to swing by.

Also..are the trophies in English for the Asian version of the game?

I'm going to Best Buy to pick up a pad or two and Sonic Genesis collection. I'll inquire about if they have the game...but I know not to get my hopes up.

And definitely buy a Madcatz or USB Saturn pad if you're not going to buy a stick. Both controllers stink for fighters.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
sonicspear64 said:
For those of you who have gone to tournaments, what was your first experience? I know what mine was, but I really don't wanna share it. :lol

In general or with with SFIV?

bumpkin

Man, I was just looking at Ebay for a few minutes and my disgust with people never fails to reach new bounds... A bunch of us who genuinely want TE Sticks can't get them or were screwed by GameStop on our preorders, meanwhile assholes get them and are scalping them for 200-300% of their retail price. I know, I know! "It's capitalism" and it's "not against any rules," but it's still fucking low. *sigh*

Here's hoping the order I placed on MadCatz last night for a regular fight stick comes through for me and I have it by Wednesday (I got overnight shipping on that sumbitch). No way I'm even trying to play SFIV with the 360 controller's d-pad.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
sonicspear64 said:
In general.

My first real tournament was Final Round 7 or something in Atlanta GA. This was like 6-7 years ago I guess. I had been playing Makoto in 3s with a bunch of friends and we were all pretty good amongst ourselves. It wasnt that I was bad or anything but I showed up to the tournament and playing against ppl with completely different styles than my friends is what really threw me off. I went two and out and got last place.

After I lost during that I year it made me want to get good. I won some out of state tournaments in the south and consistently placed top 5 after that all over the south east.

A year later or so I came back and got second out of like a 90+ man tournament. Could have taken the whole thing but choked. lol.

Last Final Round I went two I went two and out, same thing. LOL. different circumstances this time tho.

Lyte Edge said:
I am an ADDICT! :lol

3278527708_f267b9fd04.jpg

It's gonna be scary when KOF XII is out alongside this.

Are this combined stats of online/offline mode? If yes, can you see online/offline stats separately?

Capcom should create detailed web based stat tracking system like other games. Is something like this planned for future?

Barso

Banned
Which is better, PS3 or 360 version?
Sorry but had to ask.
How is the PS3 version online?
Is the 360 and PS3 arcade sticks wireless?
Sorry but I have been waiting for this game since SF2 on the snes and I just want to buy the definitive version.
I apologise if anyone thinks I have trolling or trying to start a system war.

Alright -- first time stick user. As I mentioned in an earlier post -- I'm better with a controller than with a stick. But I feel myself getting better (and it's only been about 3 hours of play)...

Should I keep at it? Or realize that it's just better to play with what I'm better at?

Some people say it's the manual vs. automatic stick scenario. Manual is more of a bitch at the get-go, but it's awesome when it becomes 2nd nature (saves gas, or gives you more pop per gear if need be etc. etc).

Teknoman

Wrath2X said:
Well I see a lot of people prefer DS3.

Ive never had any problems with my dual shock playing HD Remix,does that help?

Dual Shocks are great for fighting games (or 2-d games in general) if the d-pad has seen lots of use.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
C- Warrior said:
Alright -- first time stick user. As I mentioned in an earlier post -- I'm better with a controller than with a stick. But I feel myself getting better (and it's only been about 3 hours of play)...

Should I keep at it? Or realize that it's just better to play with what I'm better at?

Some people say it's the manual vs. automatic stick scenario. Manual is more of a bitch at the get-go, but it's awesome when it becomes 2nd nature (saves gas, or gives you more pop per gear if need be etc. etc).

You're unlearning 15+ years of muscle memory, give it more then 3 hours. :lol

Teknoman

Barso said:
Sorry but had to ask.
Sorry but I have been waiting for this game since SF2 on the snes and I just want to buy the definitive version.

Not much difference between 360 and PS3 versions once both are installed from what i've read. Both sticks are wired, and the PS3 seems to work fine online so far.

Sinatar said:
You're unlearning 15+ years of muscle memory, give it more then 3 hours. :lol

LOL.

It was just so embarrassing getting my ass handed to me online yesterday by scrubs (SF2HD).

I was so tempted to just plug the controller and go tear those little assholes up.

One thing I can say for sure is that my game with hold characters (specifically Bison) has improved drastically even within the first few minutes of first-time-in-life arcade stick play.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
C- Warrior said:

It took me two weeks of playing everyday on a stick to get proficient with it. I was beat down and humiliated by my friends until I got the hang of it.

Captain N

I got the Asian version and everything is in English! Its insane! I am loving the game so far! One thing is that I set it up so people can randomly jump in and play against me while I am fighting in Arcade mode. I can't seem to find a way to turn it off though. Anyone know how to do that? Also when I go to training mode how to I bring up the mode in there that has me go through and complete the challenges?

Xabora

Teknoman said:
Not much difference between 360 and PS3 versions once both are installed from what i've read. Both sticks are wired, and the PS3 seems to work fine online so far.
I read that the only major difference between the 360 & PS3 versions is that the PS3 version will Dynamically lower its resolution during Closeups of Ultra Combos.

SoulFist

Stick with the stick. As you play more, you'll get used to it, and you'll be able to pull off moves that are challenging on a pad. When I first started using a stick, I could only do shoryukens and hadokens, when my character was on the 2p side. :D. Just takes a little bit of time to make the transition from pad to stick is all.

Aeris130

wtf, play-asia is listing the TE stick as March 2009. Has it always been like that, or did they just accept too many preorders???

Captain N

I got the PS3 version and when playing in arcade mode I couldn't tell the difference in fighting against the computer and a real person in terms of lag. this game is amazing!

I used to be decent with a stick. I was never the best at my local arcade I won my fair share of fights. Then I got a Dreamcast with Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2. Years of using a pad has erased what skills I had with a stick.

This is going to change damn it. I just got my bonus so I'm going to blow it on SFIV, a HRAP EX and a SFIV FightStick

Raging Spaniard said:
Must be me then, I can pull off any move with that dpad, double fireballs, yoga flames, 360's, double 360's, charge moves, no prob.

I love the DS3 D-pad too. Can do everything in SF, plus EWGF and wavedash in tekken, and do crouch dashing in VF. I love it.

I personally think the PS2 dualshock2 is the best fighting pad, better than the saturn pad. IMO of course.

Teknoman

Xabora said:
I read that the only major difference between the 360 & PS3 versions is that the PS3 version will Dynamically lower its resolution during Closeups of Ultra Combos.

Why would it lower the resolution when doing so?

keanerie

_dementia said:
while drinking santana champ' and eating fucking chex mix

Went to BB to check for the game today, walked by the stereo section and they were blasting some shit on one of their huge systems. Everyone was going nuts - I swore I saw a Spanish guy doing the Bartman...

Ridli

Barso said:
Sorry but had to ask.

1. 360 has a pretty slight technical advantage, nothing major.
2. You'll need someone else to give you impressions
3. None of the Madcatz Sticks are wireless, but the 360 fightpad is wired while the PS3 fightpad is wireless

SoulFist said:
Stick with the stick. As you play more, you'll get used to it, and you'll be able to pull off moves that are challenging on a pad. When I first started using a stick, I could only do shoryukens and hadokens, when my character was on the 2p side. :D. Just takes a little bit of time to make the transition from pad to stick is all.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is a lot more fun playing with a stick to boot, it just feels more kinetic, more involved sort of -- I don't know if anyone understands what I'm saying, but thats just how it feels. Pulling off a dragon punch on a stick feels one way, and it feels another way on the d-pad...I unno, hard to explain

Aeris130 said:
Well fuck me sideways. Guess I'll settle for the SE then.

*Mars as well. Sry play-asia.

I've been using the SE's and it's good. But there are reports that there are some black sheep out of the factory line. So make sure you save your receipt etc.,

haunts said:
Yeah my first tourney was pretty much the same. I talked my friend into coming to Season's Beatings 2 since we were pretty into Guilty Gear at the time. We drove about 2 hrs to Momo's (aka the best damn cafe in Columbus) for the tourney. When we got there, I was kinda overwhelmed with all the TV's and consoles set up and all the people there.

When I got to the Guilty Gear area, I pretty much sat back and watched the casuals. I thought I wasn't good enough to play casual matches with people at the time. I talked to some people here and there and waited till I had to fight in the tourney. Me and my friend went two and out, which I expected since I saw Marn and other well known players playing casuals. My friend got lucky and played some people I've never heard of. I, on the other hand, had to face Steve Harrison in losers. So after giving it my all and getting him down half a life bar for all matches, I still lost. I was disappointed a bit, but I was more relieved cause I still had a lot of room for improvement.

Random moment #1: During the GG tourney, I saw Justin Wong behind me. I was like "ok, it was nice to see him in person". I told my friend he was behind us and he looked at me funny and turned around quick with a surprised look on his face! :lol

Random moment #2: Hearing Yipes do Mahvel Baybee commentary in the Marvel area! :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
sonicspear64 said:
Yeah my first tourney was pretty much the same. I talked my friend into coming to Season's Beatings 2 since we were pretty into Guilty Gear at the time. We drove about 2 hrs to Momo's (aka the best damn cafe in Columbus) for the tourney. When we got there, I was kinda overwhelmed with all the TV's and consoles set up and all the people there.

When I got to the Guilty Gear area, I pretty much sat back and watched the casuals. I thought I wasn't good enough to play casual matches with people at the time. I talked to some people here and there and waited till I had to fight in the tourney. Me and my friend went two and out, which I expected since I saw Marn and other well known players playing casuals. My friend got lucky and played some people I've never heard of. I, on the other hand, had to face Steve Harrison in losers. So after giving it my all and getting him down half a life bar for all matches, I still lost. I was disappointed a bit, but I was more relieved cause I still had a lot of room for improvement.

Random moment #1: During the GG tourney, I saw Justin Wong behind me. I was like "ok, it was nice to see him in person". I told my friend he was behind us and he looked at me funny and turned around quick with a surprised look on his face! :lol

Random moment #2: Hearing Yipes do Mahvel Baybee commentary in the Marvel area! :lol

When was seasons beatings 2?

Random moment for me, in one of my tournaments I was in I played Justin Wong.. He tried to kill me with Remy but I killed him first match, then he switched to Ken and destroyed me. :lol

Top Bottom