• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

After a failed attempt to find the game early, I went to the arcade yesterday with some friends.

For some strange reason, I absolutely CANNOT use Abel at all anymore, its like I just forgot how to use him. Strangely enough, I was able to use Viper pretty well (but not well enough to get some wins). I love her "fake" thunder knuckle and ground pound.

I also tried out Boxer for the first time, and I like him in this game. I got the c.lpx2 to headbutt to ultra on my 2nd try.
edit: forgot to say, if there was any doubt before, you can charge after a focus attack hits, because I did a lvl 3 focus, dashed and then charged after and was able to connect a dash punch.

My boy also got an 8 win streak using Claw; he even beat some Sagats. Tires don exits kids. :lol

Guled

about unlocking Gouken
Gouken: After finishing the game with Gouki, defeat Gouken
[For one-round matches: at least one perfect, no continues, at least a certain number of Ultra finishes]

So if I do 3 round matches, I unlock him by just beating arcade with Akuma?

Wow, playing this with a DS3 is just... disgusting. :lol

Fireballs are 100% impossible for me, yet I can pull of charge moves, dragon punches and spinning pile drivers without a single hitch.

As I'm useless with an arcade stick and MadCatz haven't brought their pads to Japan, I guess I'll have to import from the USA :(

TurtleSnatcher said:
Anyone know of a good way to input the flying barcelona attack but to go off the wall behind your opponent?

Whenever I do the EX version I know it can hit the guy once possibly.. but the issue I'm having is that I always seem to pull off the Stupid EX Flip move instead of jumping off the wall.. Then when I think I have it.. I end up going behind me :(

Any tips?

I'm dowing Down Back while holding and taking it to Top Forward position but I think its too close to the flip position since that seems to always go off.

Flip is down back and then forward.
Re asking.. Really need help.. I failsauce.

viewtiful_dru said:
My boy also got an 8 win streak using Claw; he even beat some Sagats. Tires don exits kids. :lol
I believe tiers only count in high-level competitive play. Hence why I can beat some of my friends with Ganondorf :lol .

Snaku

Banned
marvelharvey said:
As I'm useless with an arcade stick and MadCatz haven't brought their pads to Japan, I guess I'll have to import from the USA :(

Just get a Sega Saturn USB pad off ebay. The d-pad is much better than the one of the FightPad.

-PXG-

SapientWolf said:
I think Nintendo is carefully limiting the supply of those titles. CoD4 outsold Mario Kart but I've never seen it completely sell out. In fact, it was marked down to $40 a few times and there were still copies left.

Nintendo claims they can't meet demand and that the packaging is too hard to make....pffft....my ass it is. Either they're purposefully making a limited amount, or GameStop (and other retailers) intentionally buys a limited supply, in order to avoid the risk of over stocking and buying items that won't sell. Both are fucked up and crooked in some fashion.
Regardless of how or why supply is limited, people SHOULD pre-order their shit if they plan on getting it day one.

Anyway, I'm gonna hit up BB soon. Here are the SKUs if you want 'em:

360 (regular edition):

PS3 (regular edition):

ElyrionX

Uhhh, I've always been shitty at fighters but this game is ridiculously hard. I was trying to take Abel through Arcade Mode on Easy (one less than Medium) and encountered Zangief and got raped repeatedly. That guy is just cheap. His priority is insane and his moves does a shit-ton of damage. Anyway, I got lucky and managed to get past him. So I met Guile and beat him after a few tries and then I met Seth. WTF is this shit. I can get past his first form quite easily but his second form is insane. His shoryuken takes like 20% of my life away and I can barely bring his life down beyond 50%.

Is there something wrong I'm doing?

ElyrionX said:
Uhhh, I've always been shitty at fighters but this game is ridiculously hard. I was trying to take Abel through Arcade Mode on Easy (one less than Medium) and encountered Zangief and got raped repeatedly. That guy is just cheap. His priority is insane and his moves does a shit-ton of damage. Anyway, I got lucky and managed to get past him. So I met Guile and beat him after a few tries and then I met Seth. WTF is this shit. I can get past his first form quite easily but his second form is insane. His shoryuken takes like 20% of my life away and I can barely bring his life down beyond 50%.

Is there something wrong I'm doing?
At first I had a huge problem with Seth. But now I can beat him easily with my mains, and in about 10-15 mins with a different character. I'm not sure on tactics, I just play instinctevely. The best way is probably to practice.

-PXG- said:
Nintendo claims they can't meet demand and that the packaging is too hard to make....pffft....my ass it is. Either they're purposefully making a limited amount, or GameStop (and other retailers) intentionally buys a limited supply, in order to avoid the risk of over stocking and buying items that won't sell. Both are fucked up and crooked in some fashion.
Regardless of how or why supply is limited, people SHOULD pre-order their shit if they plan on getting it day one.

Anyway, I'm gonna hit up BB soon. Here are the SKUs if you want 'em:

360 (regular edition):

PS3 (regular edition):

Yo, tell me if they have any comrade

Alivor

I am going to BB soon as well. They said if it said available online, that means they have it in the store. You never know though...

dexterslu

Alivor said:
I am going to BB soon as well. They said if it said available online, that means they have it in the store. You never know though...

Whaaat? I thought their site is just listing it as preorder availability

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
forgeforsaken said:
Does anyone know if there are three button moves? Thinking mostly in relation to the fightpad and how it would play.
Ultras require all three punches or kicks to be hit. Mapping PPP or KKK to the shoulder buttons of the fightpad might be a workable solution, though.

winnarps

Yeah, guys, all the BBs in northern VA do not have them in stock. I called around earlier today just to make sure.

They'll most likely get the shipment in on Monday, then put them on the floor this week (according to a few sales reps).

I can only assume this would be the same for all BBs.

Alivor

dexterslu said:
Whaaat? I thought their site is just listing it as preorder availability
It probably is. I'm guessing I just talked to someone that didn't feel like getting a real answer...ah well. Also, the local Gamestop said "we're only selling pre-orders on Tuesday". It's stuff like that that makes me hate them even more.

Xabora

CheapyD said:
Major retailers in Tokyo have the game in-stock, not just little mom and pop stores in the sticks. In fact, I've yet to see a store that didn't have the game in stock!

From the Capcom blog:

Hell, the title of their post is "Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan"

I can't presume what Capcom meant to write, I only know what they wrote, which is "Every single copy in the stores has been sold". That is just not true.
HOLY SHITICLES!
CheapyD Posts here.

11lu2rp.jpg

akachan ningen said:
I think a drop counts as a loss for the dropper, but the other person doesn't get a win.

does this affect win streaks for those going for trophies like, if I was going for a 10 in a row win ranked trophy and some dude drops on me, do I have to start over?

FYI for those in Family Day provinces in Canada. Shipping companies are not operating on that day. I really don't know how this affects delivery dates in Canada but I thought I would pass that along.

Akim

Banned
Bestbuy online says all of my stores are stocked with sf4, but I'm not even gonna try. It will just be disappointment.

andymcc

Banned
best buy definitely has it in stock, it's street dated for the 17th in their systems and they can't sell it. I called when they opened, asked if they had it in stock, told me yes, girl said she had a copy in hand and held it back under my name. got there to pick it up and she said they can't sell it till the 17th. goddamn long drive for nothing. :lol

Going to best buy to get my free live card with the preorder of Halo wars. Going to see if they got anything in besides the 360 fight pad I already saw a couple days ago ;o

CAVE343

Holy crap! Been away for a week and the thread is so much pages longer :lol
I've got my 360 copy, going to try it tonight (early PAL release yay!)

Got the game no stick = :-(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Darkman M said:
That's a beastly winning percentage...........

There were a LOT of awful players online launch day. :lol Most of those matches were against Ryu and Ken players who didn't seem to know what the focus system was.

Grifter

Lyte Edge said:
There were a LOT of awful players online launch day. :lol Most of those matches were against Ryu and Ken players who didn't seem to know what the focus system was.

Teach me to plaaaayyyyyy

Lyte Edge said:

That's where my 10 games in a row achievement came from. :lol

Hope I can put SFIV down when Dodonpachi Daioujou drops next week...

Snaku

Banned
Wrath2X said:
Im not buying an arcade stick or any mad catz pad,so all I want to know:

Dual Shock 3 or XBox 360 controller?

Dual Shock 3, but I'd go with a Saturn USB pad if you're playing on PS3.

Raging Spaniard said:
DS3 times 10000000

I know people say this but I hate my DS3 D-Pad. I have most of my 2d Fighters on my PS3 and I constantly struggle with the controls. Then again, I have trouble controlling columns on my Genesis collection for 360.

I guess it is lose-lose.

TimeKillr

DoctorWho said:
FYI for those in Family Day provinces in Canada. Shipping companies are not operating on that day. I really don't know how this affects delivery dates in Canada but I thought I would pass that along.

I pre-ordered from VG+. I seriously hope they ship it on the 16th or 17th at worst so that it gets to Quebec on the 18th! :)

The only time in my life where I'll prefer not having that Family Day crap. :)

Top Bottom