• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'll be at Final Round XIII tomorrow!

Special promo deal on all fighting game products on the Mad Catz web store!

Also, special promo deal/discount on the SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV FightPads and new Tournament Edition "S" FightStick!

Stay tuned for more info! <3

Masamuna

I've been hyping myself for FR for the past year. It's just my luck to finally to snag a job way too close to the tournament resulting in me not going QQ

But on the brightside my boys won their first match in teams. IV was technically their first fighting game for two of them and they have progressed really well.

Markman, when you have the time head up the road from the hotel and indulge in some Cafe 101. Some of the best chinese food i've had around there XD

SnowWolf said:
Are they going to show SF4 anytime soon? It's Tekken 6 ;__;

You just missed matches from the SF4 team tournament, which is where all the hilarity came from. Dude was pounding his chest shouting out to everybody else in the venue that he was just getting started after getting a OCV with his Sagat. I'm not sure when they'll return to SF4. It'll be teams though as singles don't start till tomorrow.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
gg's immort4l.

wow, that must have been 30-40 games.

highlights:
first two matches recorded.
8 main character fights. [5sak-3gouken]
about 30 random character matchups involving the whole roster. [dunno, but immort4l won most of them]
disconnect, imm0rt4ls vega is scared of gen.
random matches with sakura taking it back.

FINAL FIRST TO THREE FOR ALL THE MARBLES.
went imm0rt4al, pandaman, pandaman, imm0rt4l, imm0rt4l.

Imm0rt4l wins!

Crazy matches and mixups coming from everywhere, really great games. I look forward to playing you again sometime. ^^

Imm0rt4l

Pandaman said:
i should see if my cameras working, havent recorded anything for awhile. be nice to get an opinion on my sak from gaf.
damn good games man I got dc'd at the end, sick sak(n/h). a shame the batteries died though. Makes me want to learn more resets off of back throw, I'm so free on resets.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Imm0rt4l said:
damn good games man I got dc'd at the end, sick sak(n/h). a shame the batteries died though. Makes me want to learn more resets off of back throw, I'm so free on resets.
i knew they would, i've been using it on and off for a few weeks. should be able to get a few games out of them on a full charge.

a special note should be made that the person playing cammy always lost. because cammy sucks

Masamuna

XenoRaven said:
It's not Street Fighter, but this Nina player that just lost is SO MAD.

The guy going apeshit in front of the camera was BigBoi, the julia player. He's a hype man, so while he was salty that was all just for shits and giggles. The Nina player (wingzero) is actually pretty reserved and takes a hell of a lot to get a rise out of him.

Imm0rt4l

BotoxAgent said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiwgBcfCk1M

yo Sanford playin Viper like she on crack
I love sanfords viper, shits flashy as shit. it's a mind fuck that he isn't getting hit more often. in this video sanford goes berserk against andres dictator, don't know why sanford counterpicked himself, bet andre was salty after this. I like how he gets out of bison headstomps followup with ex feint. If he used viper more, he'd be like the American Dashio, or Kyabetsu.

dragonballjoseph said:
And speaking of FADC matches, Shine vs Mikeinfinite is great. You can just hear Triforce yelling at Mike throughout the vid.:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4Jfss_M5s

I was of the opinion that shine wasn't as good a player as some thought, but after seeing more play from him the last week, I gotta say the kid is solid. Even beating Raunwynn one of the better Gouken players on SRK(granted it was a mirror match). Shine is officially nice.

LakeEarth

Imm0rt4l said:
I was of the opinion that shine wasn't as good a player as some thought, but after seeing more play from him the last week, I gotta say the kid is solid. Even beating Raunwynn one of the better Gouken players on SRK(granted it was a mirror match). Shine is officially nice.
He looks like a sub-par player in match vids, but the dude keeps winning. So he's doing something right.

Imm0rt4l

LakeEarth said:
He looks like a sub-par player in match vids, but the dude keeps winning. So he's doing something right.
a lot of his player match videos have me scratching my head, he played like shit in a lot of em', but ones I've seen lately against Raunwynn(a great gouken player). I think theres a disparity in skill thats tangible in his game since battle arcadia 9. It's too bad there aren't good gouken players to actually use as a measuring stick as to how legit he is. Seems he just knows some matchups much better then others, he's really good at keeping people out of, abusing the hell out of jump back RH and he still does other weird stuff, but a wins a win I guess.

Pandaman said:
a special note should be made that the person playing cammy always lost. because cammy sucks

Uh oh! When you post match vids between you and immortal, I wanna count and see the number of total neutral jumps per round :lol

Imm0rt4l said:

He didn't place as high, but he definitely played better this time around.

dragonballjoseph said:
I'm like, 20 minutes from Final Round, but don't no if I should go yet. Street Fighter 4 list is long and I don't like waiting.
(Could do some TvC though).

If you like fighting games, you should go. If not, then don't. That shit gets hhypppee.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FindMyFarms said:
Uh oh! When you post match vids between you and immortal, I wanna count and see the number of total neutral jumps per round :lol
game 1:
round 1: 0.
round 2: 3.
round 3: 1.
round 4: 0.
round 5: 3.
lookin kinda salty there, mr. cammy.

Threi

notag
ggs Rokicodone...i got rocked :lol

guessed wrong continually for 11 matches straight. Pretty much every pixel of damage i got was a trade, and if i was in the air trade > ultra

messed up on my wakeup game, but i doubt it would have mattered considering you have option select tatsu down pat :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SnowWolf? More like SnowDUCK. YEAH.

lol... okay guess I need to find another rival..

TURTLE SNATCHER. Last time was a 2 bar fluke and you know it. LETS RUN IT BACK!

Pandaman said:
game 1:
round 1: 0.
round 2: 3.
round 3: 1.
round 4: 0.
round 5: 3.
lookin kinda salty there, mr. cammy.

What would I be salty over? :lol :lol

And is that total neutral jump count for both players per round? I don't believe any second of it!!!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FindMyFarms said:
What would I be salty over? :lol :lol
your salty that you cant counterpick in youtube street fighter.:lol
And is that total neutral jump count for both players per round? I don't believe any second of it!!!
well thats the truth. now ill delete it and we'll never speak of it again.

thats the count for me only

Pandaman said:
your salty that you cant counterpick in youtube street fighter.:lol

well thats the truth. now ill delete it and we'll never speak of it again.

thats the count for me only

Did you post the Youtube link already?

Meh, I may go next year. Really depends on when I wake up tomorrow and if my one of my parents will take me.

Spiderjericho said:
Man, a lot of talking but not enough action.

Yawn, this stream is pretty boring. I wonder who the big players are for SFIV (besides Wong)?
Marn and FADC regulars damdai, Evil Rhasaan, Gran_Calc, and TheGame are there.

The TS Grand Finals were pretty meh (even though it was Makoto vs. Chun).

Depending on the circumstances, I might go to Devastation or Evo (but only if we can get meetups).

Spiderjericho said:
The TS Grand Finals were pretty meh (even though it was Makoto vs. Chun).

Depending on the circumstances, I might go to Devastation or Evo (but only if we can get meetups).

I'm goin to Devastation! Kick it w/ me and the tx boys.

Yeah, Phoenix isn't TOO far from where I'm at. Phoenix is chill. The dates look pretty good too. I can take off like the Friday.

I'll probably rotten up SSFIV tournament but I look forward to casuals.

Dynamic3

Hakan looks really cool, but his moves just seem way too over the top (as with most of the truly new SFIV characters [ie. Fuerte]).

That replay room looks very cool though, just pre-ordered on Amazon.

---

So has it been revealed what the bonus will be for those who keep their OG SFIV discs?

No reveal but we have like 40+ days until the game is released, so all in due time. I don't plan on trading in my SFIV discs.

Puerto Rican Balrog. Cool.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thinking about (finally) getting a stick soon. Are the Mad Catz SF4 arcade sticks (the regular ones, not the TEs) good enough now? No more problems with them?

What about the Tekken 6 LE bundle wireless arcade stick?

FindMyFarms said:
I'm goin to Devastation! Kick it w/ me and the tx boys.

I'll see you there, because I happen to live in that state :p. Shits gonna be real hype, we got a boot camp thing going on hopefully AZ will step up to the plate, can't just rely on good ol' juice

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
S tier: viper. ill make it so

edit: wrong thread but while im here

Kadey said:
COOLIO is a chump. He refuses to use the avatar I told him to. :lol

i agreed to nothing, on the next one we can make bets, which might give me incentive to play with my hands

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-COOLIO- said:
S tier: viper. ill make it so

edit: wrong thread but while im here

i agreed to nothing, on the next one we can make bets, which might give me incentive to play with my hands

Yeah. Whatever scrub.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Thinking about (finally) getting a stick soon. Are the Mad Catz SF4 arcade sticks (the regular ones, not the TEs) good enough now? No more problems with them?

What about the Tekken 6 LE bundle wireless arcade stick?

They're what you pay for. For $40 more you can get a TE stick when they're on sale.

The Wireless stick is banned at tournies because it's a wireless stick. Might be good enough for online play though.

Top Bottom