• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

dankir

Let this be a lesson learned..... If you ever see this on SFIV

IMG_5456.jpg

Then time to call for a coffin :(

FUCKING RED RINGS OF PIECE OF SHIT.

I'm going to buy an Elite right now.

Rocwell

RIP

The challenge modes are funny. I randomly decided to finish off the hard time/survival trials and thought my stick was broken because I couldn't jump. I had this horrible feeling in my guts thinking about what I'd have to go through to fix/replace it while fiddling around trying to figure out what the problem was. Then I beat the stage and saw that the ability to jump was disabled during the trial. :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Watching that final round feed... somehow I lost all interest once tekken started! Matches end too fast and are not that interesting strat wise...

edit : wow way too much juggle in that game!

2709593396_1b92f5235c.jpg

Rocwell

DarkoMaledictus said:
Watching that final round feed... somehow I lost all interest once tekken started! Matches end too fast and are not that interesting strat wise...
I think the meter management and super combos of 2d fighters adds a lot to the games, it's something I'm kind of surprised 3d fighters have never tried to implement. (As far as I know anyway...)

Disclaimer: I'm no expert in tekken so what I'm about to say will probably seem pretty ignorant, but to me it seems like you can basically get combo'd for 80% pretty easily at any time with all the air and ground juggles that are possible. A little bit of momentum goes a long long way in the Tekken series.

Some other details make me appreciate 2d fighters as well, like when Lars has his back to the camera you can't see what the hell he's doing because his big ol' cape is obscuring his body almost entirely.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
dankir said:
Let this be a lesson learned..... If you ever see this on SFIV

IMG_5456.jpg

Then time to call for a coffin :(

FUCKING RED RINGS OF PIECE OF SHIT.

I'm going to buy an Elite right now.

oh Snap, cross-over
bayonetta_early.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
Lyte Edge, just take your time. One step at a time.

1) Buy the SE stick preferably the 360.

2) When you have a little bit of money buy the sanwa or seimitsu buttons to replace the stock.

3) Buy a JLF or LS stick to replace the stock.

4) If and only if you're going to local meetings or tourneys, either dual-mod it yourself (there are instructions on SRK) or have someone do it for you (if you provide the parts, in this case a Chimp), you just have to pay for the services. Again, only if you have to.

Like Bistro, I went to Akuma001 on these boards to mod my TE. Great job and support/communication.

And yeah, I'm a little disappointed LI Joe, Sanford, Andre didn't show up nor did the West Coast deem Final Round as a preview for Evo. But then again, we're using a new SF title for Evo, so it doesn't even matter. We're basically in the last hurrah of SFIV.

All right, thanks. Definitely something to think about. I may just wait until Super comes out and see what is released with it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Ugh, this Tekken tournament is taking forever. Now I know what it feels like to be a girl waiting for her boyfriend to finish up at the arcades :lol

Top 8 sfiv is:

Winners - Justin vs Flash, Marn vs PR Balrog

Losers - Vegita-X vs Damdai, Rico Suave vs Jan Del Rio.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
SnowWolf said:
Ugh, this Tekken tournament is taking forever. Now I know what it feels like to be a girl waiting for her boyfriend to finish up at the arcades :lol

Top 8 sfiv is:

:eek: im late, is this the impact clash stream?

SnowWolf said:

Top 8 sfiv is:

Veg - X and Jan are both from the south, my boys are reppin hard!

I play with Jan a lot, expect big things from him, no way he loses to rico.

DarkoMaledictus said:

ugh, stop talking

Saying matches don't look appealing to you is one thing, saying they're not interesting strat wise when you don't know what you're talking about is just ignorant.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
FindMyFarms said:
ugh, stop talking

Saying matches don't look appealing to you is one thing, saying they're not interesting strat wise when you don't know what you're talking about is just ignorant.

Chill guy, its an opinion and last time I checked the SS are out of style. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, take or leave but dont talk shit!

Btw I did play my share of Tekken, including the last itteration... just stating my opinion thats all!

DarkoMaledictus said:
Chill guy, its an opinion and last time I checked the SS are out of style. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, take or leave but dont talk shit!

Btw I did play my share of Tekken, including the last itteration... just stating my opinion thats all!

That's not an opinion, you're just straight up sayin something wrong like you know what you're talkin about.

Also, say what you want, but you sound like someone that saw tekken for the first time *OMG JUGGLES WHAT* My opinion is you're clueless about tekken. And btw Playing "your fair share of tekken" =/= being anywhere near knowledgeable.

If you gonna post dumb pics and call out tekken, then don't be surprised when you get put on blast!

OH yeah, I want a good laugh, please explain what's so "uninteresting" about tekken strategy.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
FindMyFarms said:
That's not an opinion, you're just straight up sayin something wrong like you know what you're talkin about.

Also, say what you want, but you sound like someone that saw tekken for the first time *OMG JUGGLES WHAT* My opinion is you're clueless about tekken. And btw Playing "your fair share of tekken" =/= being anywhere near knowledgeable.

If you gonna post dumb pics and call out tekken, then don't be surprised when you get put on blast!

Lol ok so the pic did throw you overboard...my bad ;)! Anyway lets stop waving our e-dicks around and continu on with the plaisantries ;)!

DarkoMaledictus said:
Lol ok so the pic did throw you overboard...my bad ;)! Anyway lets stop waving our e-dicks around and continu on with the plaisantries ;)!

Uh, I'm pretty sure it was your ignorance that prompted the response. Anyways, agree to disagree.

CO_Andy

Lyte Edge said:
All right, thanks. Definitely something to think about. I may just wait until Super comes out and see what is released with it.
I don't agree with Spidey; there are plenty of TE stick deals throughout the year and oftentimes end up below the price of the SE (as was the case last year).

If you can hold off a bit then you shouldn't have any trouble finding such.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
CO_Andy said:
I don't agree with Spidey; there are plenty of TE stick deals throughout the year and oftentimes end up below the price of the SE (as was the case last year).

If you can hold off a bit then you shouldn't have any trouble finding such.

Agreed, I doubt we will see the shortage we had when sf4 was first released... price were crazy then, but i'm sure they learned their lessons and know by now these sticks sell!

CO Andy,

I agree with the recent Amazon and Gamestop sales, it would be foolish to purchase to buy the SE.

However, Lyte said money was an issue. So, I gave him an alternative.

I'm looking at Amazon right now (now I'm not sure where Lyte Edge is) but here in the U.S., I can purchase the SE for $45:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M22VCU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just sayin'. Out of the box, the SE is decent and gives him a taste of Sanwa like controls. If he's serious about using it, he can purchase the buttons ($2 - $3 X 8 buttons) and a Sanwa JLF ($25). This brings the SE to the same price as a discounted TE (not regular price). The TE prices on Big River are $120 and up.

It;s all about options.

And the Tekken 6BR finals were great. I found them entertaining. I also liked the KOF 2002UM finals.

Final Round definitely showed a variety of games.

YES! Jan doin it big for TX! He beat flash metroid in guilty gear grand finals too.

Gief vs. abel isn't exactly something to be proud of tho :lol :lol

AADDDEEEELLLLLL

BTW playing against Jan's gief fuckin SUCKS

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
CO Andy,

I agree with the recent Amazon and Gamestop sales, it would be foolish to purchase to buy the SE.

However, Lyte said money was an issue. So, I gave him an alternative.

I'm looking at Amazon right now (now I'm not sure where Lyte Edge is) but here in the U.S., I can purchase the SE for $45:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M22VCU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just sayin'. Out of the box, the SE is decent and gives him a taste of Sanwa like controls. If he's serious about using it, he can purchase the buttons ($2 - $3 X 8 buttons) and a Sanwa JLF ($25). This brings the SE to the same price as a discounted TE (not regular price). The TE prices on Big River are $120 and up.

It;s all about options.

And the Tekken 6BR finals were great. I found them entertaining. I also liked the KOF 2002UM finals.

Final Round definitely showed a variety of games.

Yes, I'm back in the States. The Amazon SE price is why I have finally decided to get myself a stick. That's just $5 more than the fightpads, which have worked well for me, but I feel like I have finally hit that wall and if I want to get better, I need to start using sticks again. There are matches I have where I will fuck up and a move won't come out like I want it to, costing me the match in some cases. Had enough of that!

Can you easily mod the Nyko SF 15th anniversary stick the same way as the SE? I've still got one of those in perfect shape packed up in the attic.

HOLY SHIT! Clutch fuckin play from flash metroid!

I think wong plays Jan next... Jan knocked out Wong in SBO qualifiers, let's see if he can do it again.

Wong reminiscing about the beat down from earlier, if this doesn't work out jan has a really good Abel as well.

edit - dammmnnnn. No shame losing to wong tho

Lyte Edge said:
Yes, I'm back in the States. The Amazon SE price is why I have finally decided to get myself a stick. That's just $5 more than the fightpads, which have worked well for me, but I feel like I have finally hit that wall and if I want to get better, I need to start using sticks again. There are matches I have where I will fuck up and a move won't come out like I want it to, costing me the match in some cases. Had enough of that!

Can you easily mod the Nyko SF 15th anniversary stick the same way as the SE? I've still got one of those in perfect shape packed up in the attic.

Yeah, that's a good price for the SE.

Let me just say, the TE>SE. The cable compartment, weight, 24mm start and select buttons, etc.

But for the $45 price, it's a good deal. And some people don't like to use sticks, so this'll give you exposure to the stick insanity. It takes a little while to get used to them. If you discover you like the control it gives, upgrade to the buttons and stick.

There's a thread on modding the 15th. If you're good with electronics/circuit boards, it shouldn't be too hard.

Sagat. :(

What a safe counterpick. That sucks. The standing roundhouse is ridiculous (almost as bad as Seth's jumping fierce).

Jan should've counterpicked the counter. Poor Jan. B.S.

Spiderjericho said:
Sagat. :(

What a safe counterpick. That sucks. The standing roundhouse is ridiculous (almost as bad as Seth's jumping fierce).

Jan should've counterpicked the counter. Poor Jan. B.S.

In Tx tourneys, jan usually counterpicks sagat w/ abel, but the thing is even if he beats sagat, then wong picks rufus and rapes abel. That matchup is just as bad as gief/sagat.

Wong's just too good.

FindMyFarms said:
Wong reminiscing about the beat down from earlier, if this doesn't work out jan has a really good Abel as well.

Too bad he didn't counter pick in return. Does Jan has too much pride or belief in his main or is it just ethics? It's just too bad that even the best player in our country will resort to tactics like this.

Top Bottom