• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I'm surprised these cats ain't trying to go to sleep.

And Devastation sounds like it might be hype, Finds, AZ Greg (hopefully), Spidersaikyo, Markman (probably), Galactic and Jam.

I'm going to get one of dem new Type S sticks and have Akuma mod id. Less weight, chimp and hopefully better OG PCB.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ew sherry no!

also, hi, I'm at the airport en route to hotlanta!

kadey is bullying the scrubs!

kadey ill be in ur neck of the woods Monday morning, we should grab brunch :)

Lyte Edge said:
Thinking about (finally) getting a stick soon. Are the Mad Catz SF4 arcade sticks (the regular ones, not the TEs) good enough now? No more problems with them?

What about the Tekken 6 LE bundle wireless arcade stick?

just get the TE stick, u wont regret it

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
ew sherry no!

also, hi, I'm at the airport en route to hotlanta!

kadey is bullying the scrubs!

kadey ill be in ur neck of the woods Monday morning, we should grab brunch :)

Three weeks of snow days off means I won't have time for anything, strictly limited. I have to work seven days for like 2 straight months just to make up for it. :lol This is my sleeping time right now.

Kadey said:
Three weeks of snow days off means I won't have time for anything, strictly limited. I have to work seven days for like 2 straight months just to make up for it. :lol This is my sleeping time right now.

Excellent, time to go charlie bravo on Neogaf and get a philly from Philly.

Yo, anyone want to play? I had my last wisdom tooth removed, so I want to finally get out of bed. I god dat PStriple and 360.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
99fltk.jpg
=(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
Excellent, time to go charlie bravo on Neogaf and get a philly from Philly.

Yo, anyone want to play? I had my last wisdom tooth removed, so I want to finally get out of bed. I god dat PStriple and 360.

I literally gotten like 6 hours of sleep in the last three days. Sometimes I do work at home too.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
boo...

I'm gonna look like a bum on the stream tomorrow. bum with a stack of te cardboard boxes lol

and yeaaaaa imma be at devastation in june... I'm gonna be tired as I'm going straight there from E3!

Kadey said:
I literally gotten like 6 hours of sleep in the last three days. Sometimes I do work at home too.

I respect that. I hate being wired from not getting sleep, so get your rest (activating charlie bravo mode). I wish I was there, I'd run that hot bath water fa ya.

Cool, I'll definitely holler at you at Devastation, Markman. Maybe we can get a SF Neogaf photo. BTW, I just copped the White 360 TE type S. I would've gotten the others but I've kind of slowed down on buying sticks, especially when the chasis/design hasn't changed. But it looks awesome. Maybe when the prices come down.

And I had the same expression on my face as Chunners when I saw Hakan for the first time. But it's all good. Not any worse than Twelve, a few EX characters, etc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
boo...

I'm gonna look like a bum on the stream tomorrow. bum with a stack of te cardboard boxes lol

and yeaaaaa imma be at devastation in june... I'm gonna be tired as I'm going straight there from E3!

You'll be surrounded by some cute guys though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
I respect that. I hate being wired from not getting sleep, so get your rest (activating charlie bravo mode). I wish I was there, I'd run that hot bath water fa ya.

Thanks. I'm use to not getting a lot of sleep from my school days. :lol

Kadey said:
Thanks. I'm use to not getting a lot of sleep from my school days. :lol

Personally, I love and need my sleep (8 hours of sleep <3). Probably why I don't play this game much anymore as my teaching/Marine gig eats up a lot of time.

And I can't believe they're going onto 1 a.m. on the East Coast and have this team tournament going. Sorry Hauntsy, cool thing about your ustream is you archive vids.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
1 a.m? It's over 2. East Coasters know how to stay up. :D

Prior to the COOLIO match, I haven't touched the game in over a month. I've been working on my backlog of rpgs among other games and spending time doing other hobbies. It's sort of a transition period anyway. SSFIV is around the corner and from the looks of it, things will be changed dramatically. Vanilla is on life support.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BotoxAgent said:
just get the TE stick, u wont regret it

It's expensive! :lol But maybe I can get it for a birthday present or something. I'm a sucker for that Femme Fatale stick they have on the Mad Catz store.

Lyte Edge said:
It's expensive! :lol But maybe I can get it for a birthday present or something. I'm a sucker for that Femme Fatale stick they have on he Mad Catz store.

Get the SE. And upgrade as you go. You can replace the buttons first. Then replace the stick. And if you want mod it for dual-console.

The TE is the better option but Markman making the SE mod friendly was a stroke of genius.

Finally, the Team Final. Mirror Rufus match. Marn is on a tear right now, beating his Rufus mentor.

Aedile

Lyte Edge said:
It's expensive! :lol But maybe I can get it for a birthday present or something. I'm a sucker for that Femme Fatale stick they have on the Mad Catz store.

I actually prefer the form factor of the SE to the TE. Depends on how you'll be using it, of course, but if you're primarily looking for a lap stick rather than one for a desk or table, the SE (appropriately modded) is the way to go.

Exceptional stream tonight out of FRXIII. If Sanford Kelly plus a few of the WC heavyweights had been there, it would've been like a miniature EVO. Even without them, it was still great--and that was just the team tournament. Looking forward to even more SF4 goodness in the singles tournament tomorrow.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
Get the SE. And upgrade as you go. You can replace the buttons first. Then replace the stick. And if you want mod it for dual-console.

The TE is the better option but Markman making the SE mod friendly was a stroke of genius.

Finally, the Team Final. Mirror Rufus match. Marn is on a tear right now, beating his Rufus mentor.

:O

How can I do this, and are there any places selling sticks pre-modded?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Lyte Edge said:
:O

How can I do this, and are there any places selling sticks pre-modded?
after messing up on one of my TE's (i was able to repair it by mashing some solder on there and using a whole tube of epoxy), i sent the parts and my second TE to akuma001 on these boards. I don't play teh ps3 version too much, but it's great when i go to a meetup or tournament

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kadey said:
1 a.m? It's over 2. East Coasters know how to stay up. :D

Prior to the COOLIO match, I haven't touched the game in over a month. I've been working on my backlog of rpgs among other games and spending time doing other hobbies. It's sort of a transition period anyway. SSFIV is around the corner and from the looks of it, things will be changed dramatically. Vanilla is on life support.

Heh, 5am here and still going (though only cause I'm at work, working mid makes me go to sleep at 10-11pm on days I'm off)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Posting from the air, never had wifi on my flight before.

10,000 feet in the air son!

This is crazy. Just posting because I can.

I miss you all.

<3

Tune in tomorrow.

bistromathics said:
after messing up on one of my TE's (i was able to repair it by mashing some solder on there and using a whole tube of epoxy), i sent the parts and my second TE to akuma001 on these boards. I don't play teh ps3 version too much, but it's great when i go to a meetup or tournament

Lyte Edge, just take your time. One step at a time.

1) Buy the SE stick preferably the 360.

2) When you have a little bit of money buy the sanwa or seimitsu buttons to replace the stock.

3) Buy a JLF or LS stick to replace the stock.

4) If and only if you're going to local meetings or tourneys, either dual-mod it yourself (there are instructions on SRK) or have someone do it for you (if you provide the parts, in this case a Chimp), you just have to pay for the services. Again, only if you have to.

Like Bistro, I went to Akuma001 on these boards to mod my TE. Great job and support/communication.

And yeah, I'm a little disappointed LI Joe, Sanford, Andre didn't show up nor did the West Coast deem Final Round as a preview for Evo. But then again, we're using a new SF title for Evo, so it doesn't even matter. We're basically in the last hurrah of SFIV.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MarkMan said:

I miss you all.

<3

Tune in tomorrow.

What airline is that? The only time I had free wi-fi on a flight was during a test program Southwest was launching.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Spiderjericho said:
Lyte Edge, just take your time. One step at a time.
yeah this is the best advice...it took a year of upgrades and breaking deals on supply constrained sticks to get from my 1 EX2 to 2 TE's (one dual modded) and a custom SE (and a fight pad >_<...dpad sucks, i was tricked!)

MarkMan said:

I miss you all.

<3

Tune in tomorrow.

I wasn't posting in the air a couple of days ago but I did play Street Fighter IV on my flight to Montreal. That was an awesome experience!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SnowWolf said:
I think I saw a bear fighting a kangaroo in Tekken 6 :lol

I've finally accomplished two combos that I've always wanted to do in a real match with Ken. Yesterday I hit confirmed into Super against a Ryu in the corner and then timed my Ultra right to juggle him on the way down. It didn't kill him but I won with the next combo.

And today I was playing a Guile, after a knockdown I decided to do a safe DP on wake up because I had meter to burn. He didn't block it and I quickly did a jumping EX tatsu and then Ultra to finish him. It was a counter hit though so the guy stayed in the air much longer. But still, I managed to land that combo.

Those were the two Ken combos I've always wanted to land in a real match. Now there are only 2 Ryu combos that I'm still looking to do

j. HP/HK, cr. MP, cr. MP, cr. HP, HK Tatsu(this is specific to only Sagat)
cr. MK, EX Hado, FADC, Ultra

The 2nd one is the one I have the most trouble with out of the 4 that I've mentioned. So I imagine I'll be able to do the Sagat combo first between the two.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rice-Eater said:
And today I was playing a Guile, after a knockdown I decided to do a safe DP on wake up because I had meter to burn. He didn't block it and I quickly did a jumping EX tatsu and then Ultra to finish him. It was a counter hit though so the guy stayed in the air much longer. But still, I managed to land that combo.
This is awesome. I can't ever get it right in battle, only practice...

Markman shoutout. Sigh, I want to see some SFIV action.

And good job on landing those combos Rice. I can't do the ex tatsu with a stick then ultra (pad different story).

Rice-Eater said:
cr. MK, EX Hado, FADC, Ultra
A few weeks back, I was fighting a Ryu player who I believed was fairly new to the game, but he knew his stuff, but not enough to beat me. So for fun, I mirrored him (I wasn't really good with Ryu at the time) and it came down to the last round. I remember Daigo doing that combo and said what the heck. I was expecting an EX DP but the ultra actually came out. I was quite stupified at the moment. Great day it was. ^_^

FindMyFarms said:
Who is perfect sin? Is that guy good?
wasnt he the sim that got rocked in Cali when he teamed with Flash and Marn.. he was most def the worst on their team and usually worst in the matches they played (opponents were better)

TurtleSnatcher said:
wasnt he the sim that got rocked in Cali when he teamed with Flash and Marn.. he was most def the worst on their team and usually worst in the matches they played (opponents were better)

OH ok, well Andrew P just 4-0'd him in his opening match of final round :lol :lol

They were makin a fuss like perfect sin got scrubbed out or something

FindMyFarms said:
OH ok, well Andrew P just 4-0'd him in his opening match of final round :lol :lol

They were makin a fuss like perfect sin got scrubbed out or something
nice. Andrew is boss yo

wtf at the stream not working on my end though =[

Top Bottom