• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kadey said:
Oh, he would see more of you whether he wants to or not. -=coughs=-

Oichi is owning people in the memorization thread. Wada ya know? COOLIO is one of them. :lol

when i figure out geif it's over

Imm0rt4l

-COOLIO- said:
this is sf4, i'll wear her down with chip
c. mk xx mp tk is only going to work so long for you though, that's cute and all but I got them viper combos. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might be out of your league. sorry.

I on the other hand think I'd stand a fighting chance, she's going to see my Goukens Phat combos when I put hoes in the corner with the pimp hand, and she's going to feint at my awesomness and the rest will be history.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-COOLIO- said:
when i figure out geif it's over

I could say a lot of things between our matches but I'll keep it very simple and nice. I wasn't trying too hard.

Also, somebody has to change their avatar.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kadey said:
I could say a lot of things between our matches but I'll keep it very simple and nice. I wasn't trying too hard.

Also, somebody has to change their avatar.
i was playing with my feet

Imm0rt4l said:
c. mk xx mp tk is only going to work so long for you though, that's cute and all but I got them viper combos. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might be out of your league. sorry.

I on the other hand think I'd stand a fighting chance, she's going to see my Goukens Phat combos when I put hoes in the corner with the pimp hand, and she's going to feint at my awesomness and the rest will be history.

damn

ill have to go with my rugged good looks then.

JJD_BR

Banned
Guys any tips on fighting a big runaway Akuma with Blanka?

I just fought this troll today, and all he did was spam fireball, air fireball and teleport all day...his game was solid, but it was mostly that...sometimes he would do an air fireball trap but it wasn't often...

I couldn't get around it with Honda, but I managed to do well with Blanka...the score was 9x8 to him and I just couldn't play anymore...each round was taking 70 to 90 seconds...

As soon as I left the guy started spamming insults my way for like, 30 minutes, and I didn't say nothing to him, I just had left...it was hilarious he just wouldn't stop...

I'm dead set on learning how to fight a runaway Akuma...any tips?

Thanks!

Imm0rt4l

JJD_BR said:

I just fought this troll today, and all he did was spam fireball, air fireball and teleport all day...his game was solid, but it was mostly that...sometimes he would do an air fireball trap but it wasn't often...

I couldn't get around it with Honda, but I managed to do well with Blanka...the score was 9x8 to him and I just couldn't play anymore...each round was taking 70 to 90 seconds...

As soon as I left the guy started spamming insults my way for like, 30 minutes, and I didn't say nothing to him, I just had left...it was hilarious he just wouldn't stop...

Thanks!

stopped reading at Blanka....fuck that guy

jk. can't you slide as akuma is coming down? or ex ball? if there isn't really an answer(I don't play blanka) then I guess you'll have to play safe, turtle and get in when you can fit in. maybe some of the match videos at sf dojo address this?

http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/matchups/blanka_vs_akuma.html

JJD_BR

Banned
Blanka's slide isn't safe on block, and as I said this guy's game is solid. I managed to land the slide a couple times when the teleport finished...

Jesus I just want to punch that troll on the face...I can't believe there's guys like that around...

Which fighter has an edge on Akuma?

But anyway, thanks for the help!

JJD_BR said:

Thanks!
I believe that you can punish Akumas with EX horizontal balls since it takes him a little while to recover when he hits the ground. I think an EX vertical ball should work two. And if you're close, just do the slide. But I wouldn't really recommend it too much (unless you are sure you can get him), because of the possible ultra punish.
This is what I do with Bison anyways.

GG's Hito, like i said in gafchat that jump kick thing was confusing the crap out of me, but the lag killed a lot of the action........ sorry about those taunts man, was just having some fun and stuff.....ya know....it's all in fun : )

don't ban me bro

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EraldoCoil said:
GG's Hito, like i said in gafchat that jump kick thing was confusing the crap out of me, but the lag killed a lot of the action........ sorry about those taunts man, was just having some fun and stuff.....ya know....it's all in fun : )

don't ban me bro
Oh, don't worry, dude. I'd have taunted the moment I saw the opportunity to do so.

Chun's PA4 is top tier.

I would consider myself only an intermediate-level Blanka, but I have some advice for you against a runaway Akuma.

Actually, thanks to Blanka's forward and backward hop, he has a ton of mobility if used correctly. What I do against an Akuma that likes to play air-fireball games is forward-hop into up-ball. You can charge down as you are hopping forward so that the moment your feet hit the ground from the hop you can up-ball.

It's a great way to chase down people who like to jump a lot. If need be you can hop as much as you like, holding down-forward to keep the charge, and then up-ball the moment you can safely hit him.

That's what I do. I chase him down using hop into up-ball, or hop and then slide (if he's already coming down and I know he'll land on top of my slide (guaranteed hit).

Usually Akumas who play that kind of keepaway game have only a few tricks they use over and over, so just finding the timing and anticipating him is also good.

Hope that helps some.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
markman, oichi, haunts. thats a real ass team right there.

SnowWolf said:
DemonHyo gets Haunts'ed by Mike Ross! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQLRbmPJeI

alright, looks like we got our next grudge match

SNOWWOLF vs HAUNTS

PSN? or XBL? let me know. i did a search and i didnt see any video of you, so i would be glad to put you up on youtube, baby. LETS GO!

-COOLIO- said:
she's the perfect woman

im only getting good at sf4 to meet her at evo

better learn how to PLINK DAT if you know what i mean.

Just picked up one of the new fightpads off amazon, too good to pass up.

My current one has recently started having problems hitting diagonal down left consistently. I've had it for a year so I def. got my money's worth, but is there a quick and easy way to repair it? Tried google search but no luck. Thanks.

lol, at the last local tourney i saw this dude with a beat up blank fightpad with velcro glued to the cross and the directions kept sticking (probably a result of the aforementioned glue melting)

he plays a pretty good honda but i got the feeling he'd be better if he replaced the controller

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
haunts said:

better learn how to PLINK DAT if you know what i mean.

Best team for sure.

I don't even play this game seriously but I'll woop up on 90% of GAF. Maybe 91%!

PLINK or double tappp!

I just recently started to listen to my IPod music while playing SF4. It seems to help me out alot. It helps out in the aspect of button presses and sound. I found myself in the past relying on button press sound patterns to nail bnb combo's.

Yesterday, I was nailing everythang. I had my Rawg being aggressive as fuck! The music seems to put me in a more relaxed state...I don't know how that could be when I'm listening to some of dat Dre, Lil' Jon, Snoop, etc. :lol

Anyone else listen to their own music while playing?

MIMIC

Banned
black_vegeta said:

When in training mode, I just listen to the TV (with the video on component and the audio on the HDMI audio or whatever it is). That training music drives me insane sometimes >_<

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
black_vegeta said:
I just recently started to listen to my IPod music while playing SF4. It seems to help me out alot. It helps out in the aspect of button presses and sound. I found myself in the past relying on button press sound patterns to nail bnb combo's.

Yesterday, I was nailing everythang. I had my Rawg being aggressive as fuck! The music seems to put me in a more relaxed state...I don't know how that could be when I'm listening to some of dat Dre, Lil' Jon, Snoop, etc. :lol

I use custom soundtrack when in training mode offline, obviously you can't online. Maybe I should try. Usually I jam to some OCRemix!

MIMIC said:
When in training mode, I just listen to the TV (with the video on component and the audio on the HDMI audio or whatever it is). That training music drives me insane sometimes >_<
praise Xenu for custom soundtracks
training mode BGM makes me want to end myself

JJD_BR

Banned
I would consider myself only an intermediate-level Blanka, but I have some advice for you against a runaway Akuma.

Actually, thanks to Blanka's forward and backward hop, he has a ton of mobility if used correctly. What I do against an Akuma that likes to play air-fireball games is forward-hop into up-ball. You can charge down as you are hopping forward so that the moment your feet hit the ground from the hop you can up-ball.

It's a great way to chase down people who like to jump a lot. If need be you can hop as much as you like, holding down-forward to keep the charge, and then up-ball the moment you can safely hit him.

That's what I do. I chase him down using hop into up-ball, or hop and then slide (if he's already coming down and I know he'll land on top of my slide (guaranteed hit).

Usually Akumas who play that kind of keepaway game have only a few tricks they use over and over, so just finding the timing and anticipating him is also good.

Hope that helps some.

I tried that, but only ex vertical ball would work since the normal one gets punished by the air fireball...

Needless to say my ex bar was almost always low due to ex balls punishing hadokens...and when the bar was empty he had the advantage...

But thanks to the help my friend!

I HATE RUNAWAY AKUMAS!

Well at least the troll ones... :-(

Imm0rt4l

haunts said:

alright, looks like we got our next grudge match

SNOWWOLF vs HAUNTS

PSN? or XBL? let me know. i did a search and i didnt see any video of you, so i would be glad to put you up on youtube, baby. LETS GO!

I got moneys on Haunts

JJD_BR said:
I tried that, but only ex vertical ball would work since the normal one gets punished by the air fireball...

Who cares? air fireball does crappy damage while upball hurts him way more. Any time you're in a situation to trade with akuma, take it immediately since he gets hurt like a mofo. If akuma does neutral jump fireball, i'll eat it every time to sweep him when he lands.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i should see if my cameras working, havent recorded anything for awhile. be nice to get an opinion on my sak from gaf.

Rentahamster said:
Heh, that Sherry girl who plays Viper is pretty cute.

Anyway, yeah I made my previous statement having seen Kara's photos too. Bryan's are a little better mostly because he has a superior camera and lens than Kara has. He also didn't have to work as hard to get good quality pics as Kara did.

Arguably, though, one could say that Kara is more skilled since she got really really good pics that rival's Bryan's with her "inferior" equipment by compensating with really solid technique.

I just have a common factor to compare since if your guys' D&B is anything like the one in Hawaii (and I assume they all look exactly the same all over the country), then it's got crappy lighting. Bryan got his pics to come out nice (well lit people, bright and vibrant background) even in this situation.

But anyway, I've been following Kara's photos ever since the SBO qualifiers at Denjin when everyone on the stream was commenting about the "cute glove girl photographer" :lol She's very talented.

I'm glad to see the SF scene getting some high quality representation in media. Now if only we could stream in SD and at 60fps...

Word. I'm wanting to hype up the scene as well, combining my love for photgraphy with the Fighting Game scene. It's not the camera that takes the shots, it's the person behind 'em ;)

sometimes i have to laugh at how much feinting sanford does

there is a similar match on frameadvantagedotcom's youtube of his viper vs andre's bison

LakeEarth said:
Seriously good Abel though, successfully blocking a lot of those cross-up setups.
I don't think his Abel is all that (he misses a bunch of stepkick -> cl.Fierce and cl.Fierce xx CoD), but as a player he has great defense.

Top Bottom