• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Solune

Spiderjericho said:
Now if she was cool, she'd make me an AV with, "This one's for JJ."

And I don't see anything wrong with her gifs. You guys have a cute girl in the freakin' SF thread and all you do is chastize her and try to scare her away.

And Finds...I haven't played him in awhile. Sounds like he's a beast with Cammy and Rufus.

So anyone have any tips for using Sagat? He sucks at moving across the screen, but all I do is just FA, rely on my high HP and damage, kara tiger, block strings and go for Hail Mary FADC ULLLLLLLTTTRAAA.

Do you think this is good enough for the Find and AZ Greg matchup?

Kara Tiger Knee?

gutabo

Aedile said:
Is SF4 hosting dead for anyone else on GFWL? Logged in about half an hour ago and it's been nothing but "session creation failed."
It was like that for me too, I turned off the console, went away, and now it's working again.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
Hey yall are the lounge setup with TV's, not cabs right? Same venue where Adeel won? Anyways good shit, it'll be nice to have an alternative to P-zero's shadiness.

AAAAAADDDDDEEEEEEEEELLLLL

Adam Prime said:
... My parents live in Houston. You have an internet link or something for the arcade?

I'm a work, can't watch YouTube.

Leunam said:
Oh shit, new Houston arcade! You guys are a good 50% closer to me than Planet Zero. Do you guys have a website?

EDIT: Ah, it's in the youtube links.

Yea guys we are called Monsters arcade. We didn't really feel it was appropriate to try to advertise the business on GAF but i thought you guys would dig the videos.

Webpage should be up today or tomorrow (sorry we've only been open a few weeks), www.monstersarcade.net has a link to our registration and whatnot for future tourneys. And we have all our info up on the Facebook page too.

Yall should definitely come out.

okay look what i stumbled upon
battlefield xiii stream this upcoming saturday

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=104811302890427

confirmed: CHRIS HU BACK ON THE MIC

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nothing special but I just recorded this with Gouken (I'm learning him) and I love doing this shit against my opponents. Yeah, I had no clue you could reset opponents from that. So when I haven't got Ultra bar, I'm gonna do shit like that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5qW_DtkUvo

BitchTits

Is there any solution to the problem of getting the same results come up when searching for matches? It happens from time to time that it kinda gets "stuck" on the same results (sometimes with the same gamertag appearing twice or even three times in the results). It's happenng in Ranked, Player and Championship modes (360). :-?

BitchTits

RoboJ said:
You can go to Custom and search Stability, but that sometimes takes so long to return results (that are then more likely to be already taken due to the wait) that you're better off just refreshing for a little while.
I was just getting the same results on custom search too, I think there are gremlins in the machine tonight!

Remember that Hori fight pad that some of us were kind of excited about a month ago? Back then it looked like this
10editeurs20100215_140738_0_big.jpg

Well now it looks like this.
pa.173598.2.jpg

The design looks very similar to the Mad Catz SF4 pad now. The buttons also look exactly the same as the Mad Catz. Not a bad design choice IMO. I own a couple of Mad Catz pads and I like them. This has a different D pad though and that is probably the biggest selling point as not everybody is a fan of the floating D-pad.

I already put down over $130 on a SSF4 TE stick but I think I will still get one of these just for the hell of it :D . The date has changed a few times but it has stayed put at April 1st. So if you're interested, you may be able to order it on Thursday, heres the link if you're interested

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3py6.html

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Those controllers look pretty awesome... but I think I'm too much in love with my TE stick to try going back to a pad.

... anyways I just watched this Gen (Yeb) vs Sagat video from West Coast Warzone. Probably one of my most favorite SFIV videos I've seen. Commentary is just excellent! :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKbHHs319U

TomServo

Woohoo, won my first G2 Championship... I know, I'm a scrub.

RoboJ said:
Actually, I've been trying to play Championship for the past hour and the same three retards keep loading up with no connection again and again. Turned the machine off and on and everything.

Same here. One of them shows up hosting two lobbies on the same screen.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
black_vegeta said:
Trying to find a match tonight and it's sucking balls. It keeps showing the same people with no damn connection. I give up.
Yeah, I was having that same problem too. I got kicked out out of Live a few times as well, but that may have been my router.

There was something defintely janky about tonight regarding the match up lobbies. There were at 8 players that stayed in the lobby all fucking night with no connection. Sometimes I saw a couple players listed twice. It was a bitch trying to find a game in any mode.

FUCK U CAPCOM/MICROSOFT!!!!!!

Wiseblade said:
Why don't you guys just use requests in arcade mode? I haven't looked back since.
Fuck dat, if it's a function in the game, it should work! So once again, FUCK U CAPCOM/MICROSOFT!

Also, I would be mad salty if I were Magus. Getting perfected twice in a row is pretty damn shameful. He must have been dranking right before that match.

Big ups to Yeb for repping that SD!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wiseblade said:
Why don't you guys just use requests in arcade mode? I haven't looked back since.
That wasn't working properly, either. I would barely get challenged, and if I searched for others, I'd always see people just waiting with Fight req.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh shit, I think I might've just fucked up on a huge purchase...

Does the PS3 TE-stick (Mad Catz) work on Windows? (PC version of SF4) Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Yoshichan said:

Does the PS3 TE-stick (Mad Catz) work on Windows? (PC version of SF4) Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes...

Yes.

My custom PS3 backup stick doe snot, but the TE does.

Yoshichan

arstal said:
Yes.

My custom PS3 backup stick doe snot, but the TE does.
Praise the lord... I just hit the order button so PHEW. Thank you!

Yoshichan

And what about the OS? I have Windows 7, it should work right? (TE-stick)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Why is randomness considered bad by some people? It's like they expect you to follow a set of guidelines every fight. I prefer to switch up mid-game and catch the opponent off-guard.

yes, this was a random rant =p

Yoshichan

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Also,
CzAAEEqzq.gif
is the best avatar gif

I've been playing this recently.
:lol Thanks mate~

Aedile

Yoshichan said:

Yes, but from what I remember from various annoyed threads on SRK last year, it only works when connected to a USB port that supports the UHCI standard. That means either (a) your normal USB ports if you have a motherboard made by Intel or VIA, or (b) a PCI USB card with either the Intel or VIA chipsets (like this).

Leunam

Relix said:
Why is randomness considered bad by some people? It's like they expect you to follow a set of guidelines every fight. I prefer to switch up mid-game and catch the opponent off-guard.

They don't like it when someones randomness pays off.

Rice-Eater said:
Remember that Hori fight pad that some of us were kind of excited about a month ago? Back then it looked like this
10editeurs20100215_140738_0_big.jpg

Well now it looks like this.
pa.173598.2.jpg

The design looks very similar to the Mad Catz SF4 pad now. The buttons also look exactly the same as the Mad Catz. Not a bad design choice IMO. I own a couple of Mad Catz pads and I like them. This has a different D pad though and that is probably the biggest selling point as not everybody is a fan of the floating D-pad.

I already put down over $130 on a SSF4 TE stick but I think I will still get one of these just for the hell of it :D . The date has changed a few times but it has stayed put at April 1st. So if you're interested, you may be able to order it on Thursday, heres the link if you're interested

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3py6.html

that's one hell of a downgrade :/

the render screamed class and the final screams toy.

Even though I don't play fightans with pads, I might pick one up just for collector's purposes. And even then I doubt this will top Saturn USB, except for actually having select and PS buttons, but we'll see.

Recently have been trying to pick up Gouken and I'm digging his playstyle. Who needs links? :D

Anyway, any solid Gouken players out there with any tips? For example, what's the best way to deal with crossups? Jump back HK? Is his hurricane kick useful at all outside of combos? His best AA outside of fireballs is cHP or cMK I'm assuming? Much appreciated, thanks.

Leunam

RoboJ said:
Or they just realize that making wild guesses with tons of risk isn't the most effective strategy.

That's fine and all, but why get upset when other people do it? If anything, it just gives you way more chances to capitalize on their mistakes.

vocab

Yoshichan said:
Praise the lord... I just hit the order button so PHEW. Thank you!

My PS3 TE does not work on my two PC's. Good luck. My old PC was an AMD/Nvdia chipset, and I knew it wasn't gonna work based on that SRK thread, but when I got my new Intel chipset based comp, and the shit still didn't work. I was pissed. Madcatz PC support is horrible. Luckily I got my HRAP3.

Relix said:

haha, last night I played a few sets with some guy and he was random as hell. Especially when he picked Rufus. I would be in full rush down mode, then he would just whip out some random ass ultra.

After our sets, I messaged him "random ass mofo."

Aedile

Relix said:
Why is randomness considered bad by some people?

Do you mean moves that look random but that you make due to an estimate as to their effectiveness*, or truly random moves? The former frustrates people, especially when they think it's the latter. Pretty sure that Sirlin dedicates a few paragraphs in Playing to Win to illegitimate wtf-that-was-random complaints as part of the scrub mindset. But if "real" randomness is consistently beating out a calculated strategy, it's a flaw in the game, since it suggests a minimal or nonexistent skill element.

*I'm sure there's many examples of this, but one that comes to mind in SF4 is the "random" wakeup ultra. For some reason, a lot of people seem to think they're "cheap" no matter the situation. But (at least at the online level of skill) when playing against an extremely aggressive opponent, especially when low on health, it just makes sense to throw it out there.

EDIT: Seriously, Black Vegeta, I didn't read your reply before I wrote that. :D

My problem is that I need to be a bit more random. My playing is so god damn predictable most of the time...that randomness in my gameplan would be good!! lol :)

Aedile said:
Do you mean moves that look random but that you make due to an estimate as to their effectiveness*, or truly random moves? The former frustrates people, especially when they think it's the latter. Pretty sure that Sirlin dedicates a few paragraphs in Playing to Win to illegitimate wtf-that-was-random complaints as part of the scrub mindset. But if "real" randomness is consistently beating out a calculated strategy, it's a flaw in the game, since it suggests a minimal or nonexistent skill element.

*I'm sure there's many examples of this, but one that comes to mind in SF4 is the "random" wakeup ultra. For some reason, a lot of people seem to think they're "cheap" no matter the situation. But (at least at the online level of skill) when playing against an extremely aggressive opponent, especially when low on health, it just makes sense to throw it out there.

EDIT: Seriously, Black Vegeta, I didn't read your reply before I wrote that. :D

It's all good.

My opponent last night, wouldn't be seriously low on health when he did an ultra. When I whiffed a link, an Ultra would immediately come out...meaning that my oppenent was mashing dat ultra to seismic portions praying to God it would hit.

He even knew he ass was being random because he replied to my message with "lololololol" along with a ":)"

Edit: I agree Botox, same with my play. I do need to mix it up every now and then, especially when I'm doing long sets against somebody. Although, there is a respectability factor when it comes to da randomness.

Top Bottom