• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CPS2

Spiderjericho said:
And seriously, hit confirm super... I mean...yeah, FADC, ultra...but it's not as easy as low forward or short, short super...

FADC ultra is way easier and way less punishable imo. You don't need to hit confirm anything in SF4 to combo an ultra, or at least, you have waaaaaaay more time to do it.

F'ing KAI!!

He's on fiyyyyah!! First, PR Rog now E. Choi. The hypeness...

I want to see upsets.

CPS2, I'd agree there is b.s. in both games. A2, CC combos. A3, VISMs and guard break.

I just can't watch Chun, low forward, super. Or the ridiculous Yun custom or short, short or low forward Ken super.

CPS2

Spiderjericho said:
CPS2, I'd agree there is b.s. in both games. A2, CC combos. A3, VISMs and guard break.

I just can't watch Chun, low forward, super. Or the ridiculous Yun custom or short, short or low forward Ken super.

Yeah there's definitely a degree of bullshit in any fighting game. In 3S I just think Chun and Ken are really boring characters for tournament play. I don't mind playing against those characters too much, but I wouldn't want to practice something like cr.MK xx super and doing it as the main way of causing damage. They gotta be able to do other stuff (back+fierce doesn't count =P).

Dark Horse Kai is in loser's.

I have a bad feeling Online Tony is going to get raped by the Rufus damage and HP+ultra setups.

Probably Combo vs. Wong in a decent throwdown.

Arde5643

Spiderjericho said:
Dark Horse Kai is in loser's.

I have a bad feeling Online Tony is going to get raped by the Rufus damage and HP+ultra setups.

Probably Combo vs. Wong in a decent throwdown.
Prediction turned out true.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I have to say, I don't get their logic with Seth. They say its fair that he has so little life and takes a ton of damage, but it's okay for Rufus to have plenty of life AND be almost top tier in the game? I...don't get it. I know Seth has tricks and tools, but Rufus has the same and a piss easy Ultra set up.

Am I missing something?

Kintaro said:
I have to say, I don't get their logic with Seth. They say its fair that he has so little life and takes a ton of damage, but it's okay for Rufus to have plenty of life AND be almost top tier in the game? I...don't get it. I know Seth has tricks and tools, but Rufus has the same and a piss easy Ultra set up.

Am I missing something?

Gootecks, John and Justin had a discussion about it last night. I guess the big DEAL is the SPD, SRK, sonic boom, Lightning legs, head stump, little vortex move, down forward roundhouse, teleport, dhalsim low fierce and jumping fierce, anti air ultra. He has WAY too many tools. The only handicap is the low damage and HP. If they changed him to have the low health, damage output as Akuma/Go, it wouldn't be cool.

The Gouken argument never panned out.

It's kind of why Gouki is alright because of the health and low stun meter. In Turbo and Alpha, he was retarded.

Kintaro said:

Am I missing something?
rufus has high health but comparatively low stun

and Seth is kind of an all-or-nothing character

it might shock you but fighting games aren't super balanced

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Spiderjericho said:
Gootecks, John and Justin had a discussion about it last night. I guess the big DEAL is the SPD, SRK, sonic boom, Lightning legs, head stump, little vortex move, down forward roundhouse, teleport, dhalsim low fierce and jumping fierce, anti air ultra. He has WAY too many tools. The only handicap is the low damage and HP. If they changed him to have the low health, damage output as Akuma/Go, it wouldn't be cool.

The Gouken argument never panned out.

It's kind of why Gouki is alright because of the health and low stun meter. In Turbo and Alpha, he was retarded.

I understand all that, but despite that, they still call him broken. So... <shrugs>

Of course. At least, not until a company makes it a priority to run their fighters much more pro-actively.

Kintaro said:
I understand all that, but despite that, they still call him broken. So... <shrugs>

You can't win them all. They don't respect the "balance" measures they've put in place. Honestly, it's a retarded argument. But thankfully, they've done some good and weird balance tweaks in SSFIV.

Not sure...how all of the damage reductions and other character nerfs will affect Seth's standing in the tiers.

Sigh...Rufus...

You can't count Cammy out. Ugh, Jesus Kick says otherwise. On this Easter Sunday, thou knowest the lord said on the Sabbath, mash messiah...

I want to see Valle win. I haven't seen Valle vs. Wong recently. I've seen Combo vs. Wong twice already.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok what the heck just happened?

Me and my buddy were playing Abel (me) vs Ryu and what happened was this:

Friend threw a fireball on me, I focused it and went STRAIGHT TO THE ULTRA. How the heck is this possible? I thought you needed to dash out of an absorbed focus at all times?

I've seen it happen ONE time with that pro boxer player but that's about it. What's the timing?

Yoshichan said:
Ok what the heck just happened?

Me and my buddy were playing Abel (me) vs Ryu and what happened was this:

Friend threw a fireball on me, I focused it and went STRAIGHT TO THE ULTRA. How the heck is this possible? I thought you needed to dash out of an absorbed focus at all times?

I've seen it happen ONE time with that pro boxer player but that's about it. What's the timing?
EX Kara Cancel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmx4RqruYcA

it wasn't a focus, it was armor from an EX CoD immediately cancelled into ultra

fresquito

_dementia said:
Not super balanced, but they should be somewhat balanced. As a Ken player, it's really infuriating seeing so many Ryus, just because he's so much overpowered.

Damn it, at this point I think Ken's Ultra is the worst in the game. It's quite hard to combo and you can't actually use it as an anti air weapon either (it will lose to so many actions it's not even funny). Besides, if you don't hit with the first punch, it gives less damage than a regular SRK.

The funny thing of this is that Ryu's been known for being God at fireballs and Ken at SRKs, but Ryu's SRK is better than Ken's in this game :lol

Now, if we're talking about other characters such as Dan, even Ken's overpowered :lol

Sigh, next time...just take up paypal donations to have a few Japanese players come...because no one can beat Justin Wong in America.

Taisen, MDR, Eita, Tokido, Momochi, Mago, Nemo, Iyo, etc. (No Daigo please)

Spiderjericho said:
Sigh, next time...just take up paypal donations to have a few Japanese players come...because no one can beat Justin Wong in America.

Taisen, MDR, Eita, Tokido, Momochi, Mago, Nemo, Iyo, etc. (No Daigo please)
my mind read this in Chris Hu's voice :lol

Top Bottom