• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

:lol I kind of wanted to see him choose Viper for old times.

Justin makes Rufus look like the best character in the game. (He's close)

Justin lols at bad matchups

It's 5-5 for Akuma, he's no Ryu. Ex SS showed you why.

hitsugi

dragonballjoseph said:
I'm pretty sure Mago would mop the floor with Justin.

he already has.. but the point is that it would be nice to see more japanese players at EVO or wherever.. there used to be quite a few that came before budget cuts.

also, no idea of why peter picked akuma in the last game.. has he played akuma much?

Aedile

Spiderjericho said:
Sigh, next time...just take up paypal donations to have a few Japanese players come...because no one can beat Justin Wong in America.

I like to imagine Sanford Kelly watching that stream, then clutching his fist and saying, "Soon, Justin. Soon."

And he might be right.

Taisen, MDR, Eita, Tokido, Momochi, Mago, Nemo, Iyo, etc. (No Daigo please)

No Taisen! Taison! :D (I never miss an opportunity to pimp that great manga.)

Overall, WCW2 was great.

The SFIV finals were terrible, as they were anticlimatic. The gulf between Wong and everyone is just ridiculous. Sanford wouldn't really be any better. We've seen Wong body Flash Metroid, Valle, Combofiend, Ricky Ortiz, etc.

Unfortunately, the only chance at someone winning Devastation is Wong's unfamiliarity with matchups in Super.

At least with the Japanese, getting four players like Kindevu, Mago, Iyo and one of the Akuma's Eita/Tokido/Momochi to shake up the earlier brackets and alleviate some of the staleness of the finals.

Or maybe get Ryan Hart and Alioune from Europe.

Evo should be a good show with Super/Japanese presence.

_dementia said:
he fucked shit up last time he was in europe too, right?
Yup. Everywhere but Japan.

If one of the Japanese elite players came here to live and play competitively, they would be swimming in scrilla (money). I could just see Mago/Taison/Eita/Daigo/etc just laughing on their way to the bank.

FightTest

Spiderjericho said:
Unfortunately, the only chance at someone winning Devastation is Wong's unfamiliarity with matchups in Super.

Seeing as how I keep seeing SSFIV videos with Justin voiceover and him pimping it on show floors on top of having played a ton of 3rd Strike I really don't see anyone finding unfamiliarity to take advantage of. He's getting as much hands on time as anybody out there outside of Capcom.

I don't think so. They have the benefit of the competitive scene there...but once they come here, the level of play would eventually cause a lil deterioration.

Too bad J.Wong can't be a professional player in Japan. Wong is definitely one in a million. It'll be interesting to see the next great player who will command the scene for years and years (Obviously, Wong usurped Valle/Choi's place...who took over for Tomo/Watson/etc).

And Fighttest, you're right. I forgot about the gametrailers, fight nights, etc. Well, there's always battle field arcadia and Norcal tournaments.

Please, lord all mighty, don't let Wong attend Norcal Regionals.

So I'm interested in replacing the buttons on the TE arcade stick. Problem is I'm not exactly sure which particular model is used for the buttons. Anyone care to share?

Jeff Stephen said:
So I'm interested in replacing the buttons on the TE arcade stick. Problem is I'm not exactly sure which particular model is used for the buttons. Anyone care to share?
The TE uses Sanwa OBSF-30

Any other 30mm button with .110 contacts will work as well (Sanwa OBSN-30, Seimitsu PS14, etc.)

KuroNeeko

I'm throwing some hot pink buttons in my Mushihimesame Futari stick for Super but am curious if any of you know if there is a huge difference in longevity and / or response between the OBSF-30 and the OBSF-RG-30.

The RGs are about triple the cost. :p

Ledsen

I think the RG30 are mainly for actual arcade machines, you'll need to use your stick A LOT to justify purchasing those over the OBSF-30s. At least that's what I think I read somewhere :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dragonballjoseph said:
I'm pretty sure Mago would mop the floor with Justin.
LAWLZ.

I would say its a 6-4 for Wong.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
_dementia said:
The stream is handled by level|up

this is nothing like WCW1.

Good call. In that case I'm happy I went to sleep :lol

Level|up is taking forever to upload the 5v5 matches so unless they really start cranking these out, I wouldn't expect their WCW2 footage to be up until 2-3 weeks from now.

Fersis said:
LAWLZ.

I would say its a 6-4 for Wong.
I've seen Wong do some mean shit to American Sagats, but Mago is on another level.
At GAMME in June we'll see team Empire (Justin, Sanford, Flash, etc.) face a 5-man team composed on Mago, Daigo, Momochi, Nuki, and Issei.

Looking forward to that. Might even travel.

_dementia said:
I've seen Wong do some mean shit to American Sagats, but Mago is on another level.
At GAMME in June we'll see team Empire (Justin, Sanford, Flash, etc.) face a 5-man team composed on Mago, Daigo, Momochi, Nuki, and Issei.

Looking forward to that. Might even travel.

Missed the 13-year-old's stream. I like Desora, so it would've been a nice show.

Please, no Daigo or Issei. Iyo, Nuki, Mago, Momochi and Shiro/Maeda/greatblankaguy.

It doesn't really matter, as the Americans will get wrecked if it's the original SFIV. But Super will be out by that time, so it could be a different story.

GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Exposition - GXP for short, is a Massive Gaming undertaking. Our focus is the gaming community at large. With massive amounts of console, PC, TCG and Arcade gaming - GXP hopes to host the most amount of Major Tournaments under one roof. 16 Fighter Community Tournaments, 2 Rhythm Gaming Tournaments, 3 FPS Community Tournaments and many more being announced for PC and TCG - GXP aims to maintain a focus on Major tournaments in the South East - all with over $1000 in Bonus Pots, $10,000 split for a 5v5 Japan vs. America Match and $5000 for a singles Street Fighter IV tournament.

Attracting some of the Best players from all over the World GXP has a huge community following in the Street Fighter IV Community - with 6 of the best from Japan, Mago, Daigo, Nuki, Momochi, Gosho and Issei competing for glory and major prize pots, GXP is looking to become the premiere location to compete in this region of the country. GPX Gaming has been working with some of the best and most well known tournament organizers in the US to work with our Tournament Operations to run the smoothest and most well streamed tournaments the East Coast has ever experienced. Some of the Best commentators are being brought into play as we organize each of our tournament Arenas.

BotoxAgent said:
If it's vanilla SFIV, just round up all the top Japanese Akuma players and it wouldn't even be a contest
In the five-on-five there can't be duplicate characters on a team.
For example, that's why Mago AND Ojisanboy aren't on the team.

And Spiderjericho, I think it's Vanilla.

_dementia said:
In the five-on-five there can't be duplicate characters on a team.
For example, that's why Mago AND Ojisanboy aren't on the team.

And Spiderjericho, I think it's Vanilla.

oh ok.

well, anyway, I'll be pulling for Justin's team...believe :)

Grifter

_dementia said:
The TE uses Sanwa OBSF-30

Any other 30mm button with .110 contacts will work as well (Sanwa OBSN-30, Seimitsu PS14, etc.)

Do I specifically look for .110 contact snap buttons when replacing them on my non-TE Fightstick?

Grifter said:
Do I specifically look for .110 contact snap buttons when replacing them on my non-TE Fightstick?
you could look for other buttons, but I'm not sure they'll fit in the assembly correctly (i think Korean crown buttons are 28mm and Happ/iL ones are 1-1/8" in diameter) and I'm not sure you can use the stock quick disconnects. I've only used Seimitsu or Sanwa 30mm buttons.

$5,000!!! Holy crap. Someone is trying to usurp the crown for biggest tourney cash crown. Evo can't compete with that. AND they're flying Japanese players over. Gah.

I hope they change it to Super, so we can have interesting matchups.

Oh yeah, Uryo/greatblankaguy/Maeda/Mago/Tokido would be a boss team.

I haven't switched out the artwork on my main TE. Guess I should take a look at the template thread on SRK. I just need to get plexi and lamilabel or whatever, right?

Spiderjericho said:
$5,000!!! Holy crap. Someone is trying to usurp the crown for biggest tourney cash crown. Evo can't compete with that. AND they're flying Japanese players over. Gah.

I hope they change it to Super, so we can have interesting matchups.

Oh yeah, Uryo/greatblankaguy/Maeda/Mago/Tokido would be a boss team.

I haven't switched out the artwork on my main TE. Guess I should take a look at the template thread on SRK. I just need to get plexi and lamilabel or whatever, right?
I thought the prize at evo was like 7K last year...
then again this 5K @ GAMME is a bonus on top of the actual tournament pot...

They're really serious, too. 3K for T6, 2K for Brawl, 1K for 3S...
Crazy!

Yeah, if they switch to Super it would be far more interesting. Team Empire, as talented as they are with the best in the US, would still get sweeped for free in Vanilla.

Top Bottom