• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Imm0rt4l

ArjanN said:
I think it's because his crouching short is slow, so it's doesn't work very well as an option select.

From shoryuken:
"One other thing: You can change your crouch tech normal from cr. LK to another normal by adding a 3rd button to the LP+LK. For example, Dhalsim players can use LP+LK+MP to get cr. strong from their crouch techs to fight against Rufus dive kicks. Gouken players should probably use cr. LP+LK+MK because Gouken's cr. LK is really slow."

I have to try this out myself.
i figured it to be useless, since cr short is so slow. Props on that piece of info, its the first i've ever heard to include cr. mp, makes sense.

Yea, I get eaten alive by Gief when using Gouken. His cHP can poke lariat clean from the right distance, so I spam that a ton plus a million fireballs, but if / when they get in its lights out.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, has anyone ever got through a serious shit slump of shittiness? I hop online and I can't do anything. Its like I'm half a second too late every single time. I can't punish, I can't combo, blockstring, anything. I've taken to hopping back in training mode and practicing blocksand punishes but its like I'm always too late with anything. I think today was my lowest point getting beat by some fucking flowcharts. I'm about to throw my TE stick through my TV. >=(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
_dementia said:
probably because you're playing online
latency is a bitch

or maybe you should take a nap

Seriously. Even with a good connection I still struggle with doing stuff online that I have no problems with the offline. Online is more for messing around..you shouldn't take it too seriously.. but I've definitely raged when I've missed my Gouken throw into ultra due to latency.

gutabo

Kintaro said:
Okay, has anyone ever got through a serious shit slump of shittiness? I hop online and I can't do anything. Its like I'm half a second too late every single time. I can't punish, I can't combo, blockstring, anything. I've taken to hopping back in training mode and practicing blocksand punishes but its like I'm always too late with anything. I think today was my lowest point getting beat by some fucking flowcharts. I'm about to throw my TE stick through my TV. >=(
Wait till you get beaten by stuff you could block/jump/counter properly offline! :(
Just get used to the lag if you wanna play online. It's almost like going to a friend's house and playing in his old LCD with no "game mode" option and lots of input lag. Also if all else fails try using a CRT TV too.

Hey Protocol Snow, if you see this then I'd just like to say GG. You probably don't know, but I was playing as Oldboy828 on a alternate PC account that I created. I was using it to play online on stick so I don't ruin my good name :lol , but after a hour and a half of frustration, I gave up and ran back to the pad to deal some revenge against certain people I couldn't beat with the stick.

But hey I'd love some rematches on my stick. You're probably going to whoop me, but that's what I need to improve.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
black_vegeta said:
Markman, just FADC Kadey's hitbox and make her ragequit.

I gotta admit, I love her smile.

I would never focus attack cancel. LVL 3 focus please.

What the hell happened to this thread.

I'm going to New Jersey for East Coast Throwdown then the following week is Fanime and NorCal Regionals in the Bay Area.

Let's go May! Super SFIV thread will be our meeting place by then </3

I'll miss this thread.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I can't believe there's a huge SSF4 tourney going on in my home state of NJ, and just a few mins from my house in Morristown! Unfortunately I won't be home until next year. =( Enjoy the Garden State, Mark.

Lucentto

Banned
So i'm trying to play this game in preperation for Super, and I still can't quite understand this game. I'm honestly a Guilty Gear player by heart and I guess this game is a bit defensive for my taste. But i'm trying very hard to like this game and its damned fustrating. But i'm going to keep trying, I would love to fight some here to help me with this game. Send me an invite, my GT is lucenttto.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
probably because you're playing online
latency is a bitch

or maybe you should take a nap
The more I play the more I notice this. At first I think its me doing stuff wrong but the difference between a 3 and 4 bar connection is HUGE in terms of performance. I pretty much try to avoid anything under 4 bars at all costs nowadays.

I have been playing local dudes more at casuals and tourneys and now i really hate online in comparison. It's really eye-opening when you compare local play vs online.

Zapages

worldrevolution said:
I can't believe there's a huge SSF4 tourney going on in my home state of NJ, and just a few mins from my house in Morristown! Unfortunately I won't be home until next year. =( Enjoy the Garden State, Mark.

where dude??? I am in Rockaway? I could go!

PS: How much does it cost to play at the event?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
black_vegeta said:
Markman, just FADC Kadey's hitbox and make her ragequit.

Rage eh? Only Tekken 6 players raaaaaaaaaageeeee!

May is going to be fun for me but all of my events aren't gaming related.

Oh, I guess it's because he's one of my mains but doing Ryu stuff with a stick is coming along easier than the others.

I call this the get cho ass out of the corner combo! and the other one is something I'd like to do in an actual match some time. SRK, FADC, run under your opponent to the other side, SRK, FADC, Ultra.

comboo.gif

fadc.gif

:D I'm on 1up's front page repping SFIV.

I'm an expert

Sir Garbageman said:
I live like 10 minutes away from Morristown, sadly I'm scrub tier and would get laughed out of the place.

Go anyway man. Rep NJ and Gouken to the fullest. If anything play some casuals and up your experience.

Jenga

Banned
Lucentto said:
So i'm trying to play this game in preperation for Super, and I still can't quite understand this game. I'm honestly a Guilty Gear player by heart and I guess this game is a bit defensive for my taste. But i'm trying very hard to like this game and its damned fustrating. But i'm going to keep trying, I would love to fight some here to help me with this game. Send me an invite, my GT is lucenttto.
I feel for you, my first fighting game was GGR# and then I moved on to SF4. The speed difference is amazing, SF4 feels like moving around in pudding compared to GG.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
worldrevolution said:
Seriously. Even with a good connection I still struggle with doing stuff online that I have no problems with the offline. Online is more for messing around..you shouldn't take it too seriously.. but I've definitely raged when I've missed my Gouken throw into ultra due to latency.

Problem is, online is all I've got. :lol There's no scene where I live and traveling to Arizona or wherever is out of the question when I'll get crushed so hard my car will be used as bonus stage fodder. Not until I get a solid base built.

Sadly, the only people showing up on PSN tonight were 3 bars and under. Saw one four bar. And no, buying a 360 and buying Xbox live is out of the question.

Zapages

Sir Garbageman said:
I live like 10 minutes away from Morristown, sadly I'm scrub tier and would get laughed out of the place.

Ditto on the distance as well and same here about being in Scrub tier... But when I am having a good day, its a sight to behold lol...

So its like 25 dollars to enter the venue... Can you play casuals there? Also its 10 dollars to play each game? I could try for SF III TS and SSF2THDR, a bit rusty on both. If I try SSF4 it'll be because its fun and wasting 10 dollars. Will they show the rounds as well... Will it have loser's bracket in the rounds or its simple elimination? Just wondering?

Can we register on site or we have to pre-register?

I'm an expert

Kintaro said:
Problem is, online is all I've got. :lol There's no scene where I live and traveling to Arizona or wherever is out of the question when I'll get crushed so hard my car will be used as bonus stage fodder. Not until I get a solid base built.

Sadly, the only people showing up on PSN tonight were 3 bars and under. Saw one four bar. And no, buying a 360 and buying Xbox live is out of the question.

The problem really wouldn't go away with the 360 version either. Hopefully SSF4's netcode is a bit better, but trust me, I feel your pain. I live in Japan so I get great connections to amazing players here, but if I want to play with ANYONE outside of Japan it's instant one red bar. And while I love the great competition here, these players are..really..effing good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Even if you face someone you know is good, always go in thinking you can beat them. Don't lose the match before it actually happens.

XenoRaven

Kadey said:
Even if you face someone you know is good, always go in thinking you can beat them. Don't lose the match before it actually happens.
When I go in with this attitude it just makes me mad when I lose. >_>

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been testing the Hori FC3 a lot on vanilla SF4.

Pad players (lol)... what do you prefer floaty/cross/snk style dpads?

Have we established teams yet for Super SFIV?

Team We're Going To Sleep Together... Naked.
1) haunts
2) Oichi
3) MarkMan
4) ?????

Kadey? You want in?

lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:

Have we established teams yet for Super SFIV?

Team We're Going To Sleep Together... Naked.
1) haunts
2) Oichi
3) MarkMan
4) ?????

Kadey? You want in?

lol

Poor Haunts, having to carry the team and he's the lightest one of all. Ooooooooooooooooo.

I have to do research on who I want on my team.

chrisdat

anyone down for some matches on XBL? my gamertag is Chrisdat

imma just be chillin with the game on til someone shoots on over an invite LOL

edit: oh AZ Greg let's play?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Poor Haunts, having to carry the team and he's the lightest one of all. Ooooooooooooooooo.

I have to do research on who I want on my team.

God damn. I think she just insulted all of us guys.

I already told haunts my plan. I'm just gonna team with strong players and talk shit in the background, hoping to never have to play. :3

ArjanN said:
I think it's because his crouching short is slow, so it's doesn't work very well as an option select.

From shoryuken:
"One other thing: You can change your crouch tech normal from cr. LK to another normal by adding a 3rd button to the LP+LK. For example, Dhalsim players can use LP+LK+MP to get cr. strong from their crouch techs to fight against Rufus dive kicks. Gouken players should probably use cr. LP+LK+MK because Gouken's cr. LK is really slow."

I have to try this out myself.

Holy crap, that should actually be really good, as his cr. mk is 4 frame startup and would probably knock out dive kicks, making it really hard for rufus/cammy to dive kick pressure.

Godhand - Cammy's options

After she gets a knockdown -

Throw - beats out cr. jab (cr. jab beats out a 2nd dive kick)
St. strong - beats out neutral jumps (gouken's LOVE to neutral jump on wake up in hopes of landing a phat combo) as it keeps the jumper grounded, and let's cammy hit confirm into cr. short, then cancel into spiral arrow for knockdown and continued pressure.
Wait - If expecting a reversal, do this
Dive kick - Maintains offensive momentum, beats out lp + lk crouch tech and throws, can be done meaty to set advantage.

Pretty much my goal when doing divekicks is to get a read on if you're trying to jump out, crouch tech, or jab me out of my next dive kick then punish accordingly. After the first dive kick, cammy's anti-jump out tool is cr. short. Usually I'll do divekick, cr. short, cr. jab, as it lets me hit confirm into a 2nd cr. jab cancelled into spiral arrow. On block I can either go into another divekick, or st. mk if I think the other player is mashing buttons.

If I do a dive kick and think my opponent is trying to jab me out, then I'll just go straight to a throw after the first one. A lot of times I'll do multiple instant dive kicks in the beginning of the match to get a feel of how my opponent likes to reacts, and what their tendencies are.

For the most part that's all I really do with her, if there's anything else you wanna know just fire away.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
It's okay. I'll have to carry haunts out of the club after we get kicked out. Again.

chrisdat

gg's AZ Greg! how do you fight against Vega? lol. your dhalsim was pretty nasty too.

findmyfarms: yes sir that would be me =) you play sf4 in Dallas right? anyone up there still play 3s? yuuki or brian? i dont really go out to tournaments anymore so i dont play much 3s/sf4 these days. BUT im trying to get back into sf4 in preparation for ssf4. im pretty mega hyped about that game!

chrisdat said:
gg's AZ Greg! how do you fight against Vega? lol. your dhalsim was pretty nasty too.

findmyfarms: yes sir that would be me =) you play sf4 in Dallas right? anyone up there still play 3s? yuuki or brian? i dont really go out to tournaments anymore so i dont play much 3s/sf4 these days. BUT im trying to get back into sf4 in preparation for ssf4. im pretty mega hyped about that game!

Yes sir. Actually, 3s kinda got a resurgence in Dallas. Yuuki is really into it, and started holding a weekly "Danisen." I participate in it, but I'm garbage at the game haha.

You gonna game w/ the houston crew when super drops?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Question for the Abel players: is it easier to do CoD>fadc>cHP if I use LP CoD over the others? I seem to land it more when I try that but it could just be that my timing still sucks for the cHP...

Leunam

The strength of the CoD shouldn't matter too much, I can pull it off using any strength. However, what does matter is if you are comboing into CoD. cr.MP > MP CoD is a little weird since it's possible that the MP CoD will not combo at all. It was discussed on SRK but everyone has had moments where MP CoD won't combo after cr.MP. I tend to use LP CoD if it's after cr.MP or HP CoD if it's after cl.HP.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Leunam said:
The strength of the CoD shouldn't matter too much, I can pull it off using any strength. However, what does matter is if you are comboing into CoD. cr.MP > MP CoD is a little weird since it's possible that the MP CoD will not combo at all. It was discussed on SRK but everyone has had moments where MP CoD won't combo after cr.MP. I tend to use LP CoD if it's after cr.MP or HP CoD if it's after cl.HP.

Ah ok, thanks. I have noticed that MP CoD does sometimes seem to magically not combo :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MarkMan said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's an SNK style dpad?

GGs last night AZ. Sorry I had to cut it short, my g/f was whining (she bettah learn to STFU once SSFIV comes out, like seriously)

I wanna have more gaffers on my friend's list, add me if you haven't yet (Jenova777 both 360 and PSN). The last 2 weeks I was in a total slump, thanks to FF13, that game made me retarded. But I think this week I am starting to get back to the groove of things again.

Top Bottom