• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Leunam said:
The strength of the CoD shouldn't matter too much, I can pull it off using any strength. However, what does matter is if you are comboing into CoD. cr.MP > MP CoD is a little weird since it's possible that the MP CoD will not combo at all. It was discussed on SRK but everyone has had moments where MP CoD won't combo after cr.MP. I tend to use LP CoD if it's after cr.MP or HP CoD if it's after cl.HP.
people rarely block the MP CoD after crMP, so it seems like it combo, but yea its not. You'll eat lariets and SRKs

GuardianE said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what's an SNK style dpad?
PAD.jpg

I believe it's mircoswitched like a stick, too
they made a version for PS2 as well

Leunam

~Devil Trigger~ said:
people rarely block the MP CoD after crMP, so it seems like it combo, but yea its not. You'll eat lariets and SRKs

It actually is a combo, but like I said, there is always the off chance that it simply will not depending on how late the cancel is.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/neogeoCDworld/fiche/PAD.jpg

I believe it's mircoswitched like a stick, too
they made a version for PS2 as well

Thanks! That's interesting. I can't imagine SNK style pads are very popular in the states, though I'd be curious to try one out. Maybe Madcatz can have a partnership with SNK for the KOFXIII release.

BotoxAgent said:
GGs last night AZ. Sorry I had to cut it short, my g/f was whining (she bettah learn to STFU once SSFIV comes out, like seriously)

I wanna have more gaffers on my friend's list, add me if you haven't yet (Jenova777 both 360 and PSN). The last 2 weeks I was in a total slump, thanks to FF13, that game made me retarded. But I think this week I am starting to get back to the groove of things again.

I'll add you to my friends list (XBawks)

Edit: I'll also add you TakeRx

Grifter

Gonna get abusive on Sagat before SSF. Is there a "best" way to do kara tiger shot? His low jab doesn't link into DP, right?

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Holy crap, that should actually be really good, as his cr. mk is 4 frame startup and would probably knock out dive kicks, making it really hard for rufus/cammy to dive kick pressure.

Godhand - Cammy's options

After she gets a knockdown -

Throw - beats out cr. jab (cr. jab beats out a 2nd dive kick)
St. strong - beats out neutral jumps (gouken's LOVE to neutral jump on wake up in hopes of landing a phat combo) as it keeps the jumper grounded, and let's cammy hit confirm into cr. short, then cancel into spiral arrow for knockdown and continued pressure.
Wait - If expecting a reversal, do this
Dive kick - Maintains offensive momentum, beats out lp + lk crouch tech and throws, can be done meaty to set advantage.

Pretty much my goal when doing divekicks is to get a read on if you're trying to jump out, crouch tech, or jab me out of my next dive kick then punish accordingly. After the first dive kick, cammy's anti-jump out tool is cr. short. Usually I'll do divekick, cr. short, cr. jab, as it lets me hit confirm into a 2nd cr. jab cancelled into spiral arrow. On block I can either go into another divekick, or st. mk if I think the other player is mashing buttons.

If I do a dive kick and think my opponent is trying to jab me out, then I'll just go straight to a throw after the first one. A lot of times I'll do multiple instant dive kicks in the beginning of the match to get a feel of how my opponent likes to reacts, and what their tendencies are.

For the most part that's all I really do with her, if there's anything else you wanna know just fire away.
props on this, I'll have to look at this and see if I have some answers and maybe I won't get beasted on as much by the next good cammy I fight.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Alright, so I'm at the home stretch on the Hard Trials. Thanks to everyone who's provided input to me so far.

I've got these left:

Gen Trial 5
Fuerte Trial 5
C. Viper Trial 5

And I'll be finished. Any advice for me? I've been trying each of these on and off while doing the easier trials (except C. Viper's which I just unlocked). Gen's doesn't seem TOO too bad. I need to get that Gekiro down, and the link from c.lp to s.mp isn't consistent for me.

Fuerte's is just retarded. I always end up doing the Tortilla after the second HP or doing a far HP. It's pretty frustrating. After a while, the controls get muddled up in my head for it and I feel so clumsy.

Viper's looks like a combination of Trial 2 and Trial 4. It looks very very tricky. Lightning Knuckle cancel, the jump cancel Burning Kick, and timing the Ultra at the end... yeesh.

I'm still optimistic. I think I've been through a lot of the terrible ones (Ken's 4&5, Abel's 5, Viper's 3, etc).

GuardianE said:
Alright, so I'm at the home stretch on the Hard Trials. Thanks to everyone who's provided input to me so far.

I've got these left:

Gen Trial 5
Fuerte Trial 5
C. Viper Trial 5

And I'll be finished. Any advice for me? I've been trying each of these on and off while doing the easier trials (except C. Viper's which I just unlocked). Gen's doesn't seem TOO too bad. I need to get that Gekiro down, and the link from c.lp to s.mp isn't consistent for me.

Fuerte's is just retarded. I always end up doing the Tortilla after the second HP or doing a far HP. It's pretty frustrating. After a while, the controls get muddled up in my head for it and I feel so clumsy.

Viper's looks like a combination of Trial 2 and Trial 4. It looks very very tricky. Lightning Knuckle cancel, the jump cancel Burning Kick, and timing the Ultra at the end... yeesh.

I'm still optimistic. I think I've been through a lot of the terrible ones (Ken's 4&5, Abel's 5, Viper's 3, etc).

Viper's 5th trial is not that bad. Although those burning knuckle cancels are ball crushing. The burning kick is simply this...QCB+fk. It makes it seem like it wants a jump cancel BK, but it doesn't. Viper will do a burning kick that is low to the ground and that's what the challenge is looking for.

Fuerte's, I remember I switched the button layout on my stick as far as moving fp to the mp spot...so I could be quicker at the RSF. You just had to get in a rythm with that one.

Gen's is probably the easiest out of the 3.

Good luck yo!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
black_vegeta said:
Viper's 5th trial is not that bad. Although those burning knuckle cancels are ball crushing. The burning kick is simply this...QCB+fk. It makes it seem like it wants a jump cancel BK, but it doesn't. Viper will do a burning kick that is low to the ground and that's what the challenge is looking for.

Fuerte's, I remember I switched the button layout on my stick as far as moving fp to the mp spot...so I could be quicker at the RSF. You just had to get in a rythm with that one.

Gen's is probably the easiest out of the 3.

Good luck yo!

Thanks for the help!

For Viper's trial 4, I hadn't realized what they wanted with the Burning Kick after High Jump Cancel. It was comboing just fine while doing an air Burning Kick after High Jump cancel, but it didn't count towards the trial. I hadn't realized they wanted a GROUND Burning Kick after a High Jump Cancel... which is stupid since the air Burning Kick combos just fine. I tried to figure out why for 15 minutes before I looked it up. :lol

Once I found out the Burning Kick shortcut (I was actually doing d, db, uf+k), I understood. They really should've explained it better, though I can say that for a lot of the Hard Trials (like Fuerte 5).

Grifter said:
Gonna get abusive on Sagat before SSF. Is there a "best" way to do kara tiger shot? His low jab doesn't link into DP, right?
i'm no expert, but i commonly see low short, low jab, tiger uppercut from sagats so i think that works

GuardianE said:
Thanks for the help!

For Viper's trial 4, I hadn't realized what they wanted with the Burning Kick after High Jump Cancel. It was comboing just fine while doing an air Burning Kick after High Jump cancel, but it didn't count towards the trial. I hadn't realized they wanted a GROUND Burning Kick after a High Jump Cancel... which is stupid since the air Burning Kick combos just fine. I tried to figure out why for 15 minutes before I looked it up. :lol

Once I found out the Burning Kick shortcut (I was actually doing d, db, uf+k), I understood. They really should've explained it better, though I can say that for a lot of the Hard Trials (like Fuerte 5).

I forgot add, with Viper's 5th trial, do it in the corner of the stage.

Yeah, doesn't Fuerte 5th trial state, "RSF" or Run Stop Fierce?" :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
black_vegeta said:
I forgot add, with Viper's 5th trial, do it in the corner of the stage.

Yeah, doesn't Fuerte 5th trial state, "RSF" or Run Stop Fierce?" :lol

Fuerte's fifth trial reads:

Heavy Punch
Heavy Punch
Heavy Punch

The most unhelpful description ever. :lol

I just had to cheat for Fuerte's. I had the first two down, and the third one would always be his hard punch from a distance as my reaction to the run slowed down. After an hour, I said screw it and just paused after the second heavy punch, a benefit to using the 360 controller.
After I finished all the hard trials, I was able to do it the non-cheating way though. So no regrets.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dragonballjoseph said:
I just had to cheat for Fuerte's. I had the first two down, and the third one would always be his hard punch from a distance as my reaction to the run slowed down. After an hour, I said screw it and just paused after the second heavy punch, a benefit to using the 360 controller.
After I finished all the hard trials, I was able to do it the non-cheating way though. So no regrets.

Frankly, I just want to get these over with before Super comes out. If I become desperate, I might do the same, though I figure that pausing mid combo would just screw up your timing. You pretty much have to perfectly time your pause so you can still cancel that Heavy Punch.

Not really. The game has a weird button delay that I took advantage of. After the fierce, I would do a QCF fierce to start the run before the fierce actually came out then pause. So all I had to do after the pause was to mash jab then fierce.

yeb

GuardianE said:

I've got these left:

Gen Trial 5
Fuerte Trial 5
C. Viper Trial 5

There are some tricks to Gen's trial #5. Thanks to the rebuilding meter, you can actually do something like:
c.LP, c.LP xx hands FADC, MP, MK xx HP hands, MK xx super (or MK xx hands xx super)
It sounds harder than it actually is, at least there's no 1-frame links in there or anything.

There's another, non-cheater way to do it too. I think that's:
c.LP, s.MP, s.MK xx HP Hands, s.MK xx (hands xx) super
s.MP xx HP hands at the start might work too, I can't remember.

btw, I once tried doing Gen's hard trial #5 on a keyboard.
It took me 3 minutes. Seriously.

MIMIC

Banned
GuardianE said:

I've got these left:

Gen Trial 5
Fuerte Trial 5
C. Viper Trial 5

If you can do a far HP--after successfully doing 2 HPs with Fuerte--then you just need to slow down the timing with the 2nd HP. The key do doing Fuerte's RSF successfully hinges in the timing of the 2nd HP. Too fast and you won't get more than 2.

You use a controller of a stick? If a controller, there's a video I made that explains how to do the RSF.

I typed out a long explanation but I figured that unless you're already familar with Fuerte, it wouldn't make much sense :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
GuardianE said:
Fuerte's fifth trial reads:

Heavy Punch
Heavy Punch
Heavy Punch

The most unhelpful description ever. :lol
i challenge with guiles flash cancel:
it reads:

what you actually do:

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dragonballjoseph said:
Not really. The game has a weird button delay that I took advantage of. After the fierce, I would do a QCF fierce to start the run before the fierce actually came out then pause. So all I had to do after the pause was to mash jab then fierce.

Hmm, maybe I should try using Fierce to start off the run. I've been using LP strictly for the run stop. Maybe it'll help my timing somehow.

yeb said:
There are some tricks to Gen's trial #5. Thanks to the rebuilding meter, you can actually do something like:
c.LP, c.LP xx hands FADC, MP, MK xx HP hands, MK xx super (or MK xx hands xx super)
It sounds harder than it actually is, at least there's no 1-frame links in there or anything.

There's another, non-cheater way to do it too. I think that's:
c.LP, s.MP, s.MK xx HP Hands, s.MK xx (hands xx) super
s.MP xx HP hands at the start might work too, I can't remember.

btw, I once tried doing Gen's hard trial #5 on a keyboard.
It took me 3 minutes. Seriously.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to try these out. I ended up adding a Hadoken FADC in one of Ken's trials because I couldn't get the timing right... so I just threw it in there. It worked for me, so I'll take it. Not picky here. :D

MIMIC said:
If you can do a far HP--after successfully doing 2 HPs with Fuerte--then you just need to slow down the timing with the 2nd HP. The key do doing Fuerte's RSF successfully hinges in the timing of the 2nd HP. Too fast and you won't get more than 2.

You use a controller of a stick? If a controller, there's a video I made that explains how to do the RSF.

I typed out a long explanation but I figured that unless you're already familar with Fuerte, it wouldn't make much sense :lol

Thank you. I definitely just kept trying to do the third HP faster and faster, but if it's the second one that needs to be delayed that could definitely be the problem. I'm using a fightpad right now (used it for all the trials so far). I tried going back to the controller for some of the trials, but it just wasn't working for me.

I'm going to have a TE some point soon, but I figured I'll have an even harder time with the trials until I adjust my playstyle to the stick in general.

GuardianE said:
Hmm, maybe I should try using Fierce to start off the run. I've been using LP strictly for the run stop. Maybe it'll help my timing somehow.
I just did it for the sake of the trial. I'm not Fuerte player by any means, but I wouldn't really suggest using fierce for the RSF. But whatever helps you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dragonballjoseph said:
I just did it for the sake of the trial. I'm not Fuerte player by any means, but I wouldn't really suggest using fierce for the RSF. But whatever helps you.

Re-reading it, I misunderstood you. You were using the HP input and buffered in the QCF motion, only pressing HP once. I gotcha. That'll take a little getting used to, but it sounds like it could a much easier method. Thank you.

EraldoCoil said:
Day 5 without computer, iPod allows me to post.....

Anyways, were we still gonna have that last hoorah tournament before super?

From what I know, the last one we did was the "last hoorah" unless something changed.

Solune

Ledsen said:
What are these strange numbers I see
I dare say
they mean nothing to me

It was training mode put through Google translate.

I think I can translate it though I believe its:

One of Guile's challenges that includes Flash Cancel
It is performed by the following:
Down, Up + K
DB, DF, UB + K

In reality it is done by inputting:
DB, UB + K
DB, UF + K

Few things make me rage like execution problems that just pop up once in a while. It's just one of those days, but damn if this game doesn't make me more frustrated than Mario Kart :lol

Hell, even when I was winning matches tonight it was on shit I didn't mean to do. I should probably go back to TvC for the next few days.

Lyte Edge said:
Somebody needs to do another one. For all three platforms. I'd be up for starting it but I'm off to Japan in two weeks.
Make sure you go level up at Big Box or some place where all the elite play at...I know I would if I had the opportunity.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fuerte trial DOWN!

Woooot!

I tried to slow down the run canceling for the second HP, but other than that it felt like complete luck. :lol I didn't really do anything differently and I was having a conversation online with someone while I succeeded. I was sort of just repeating it mindlessly, and 1 out of the 50 times I did it connected. Regardless, I'll take it!

I'm working on Viper next. Now that I've got some of the timing down, it doesn't look like it'll be so bad. I have the first half down pretty well and the second half down pretty well. I fall apart when putting them together, though, heh. Like I can't link that second c.HP into EX Seismic because I get all flustered. I'll knock that one out sometime tonight, I'm sure.

YakiSOBA

How do you beat pesky vega players online who always do that "fly across the screen and hit you overhead" move?

I focus absorb it, but then he just like jabs me and i take even more damage ... wtf!

Should I be letting go of focus as soon as it absorbs the impact?

CPS2

YakiSOBA said:
How do you beat pesky vega players online who always do that "fly across the screen and hit you overhead" move?

I focus absorb it, but then he just like jabs me and i take even more damage ... wtf!

Don't focus attack, he can cross you up. If you have an air-throw use that, otherwise I think air to air is best? They can throw you out of some anti-airs, and throw if you block.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
YakiSOBA said:

-Focus Attack dash back or forward. Dont count of the Focus attack itself to hit em, dash away or towards him as he recovers from landing and punish.

-If you have an air throw, time him and catch em in mid air. Dont get predictable cuz he can slash you and mid air or grab you too.

-well timed Shoryuken(or that kinda move) if you have it.

-block than punish

ArjanN

YakiSOBA said:

Dash out of the focus when they hit you.

Top Bottom