• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

fresquito

I'm such a scrub. Today I used FADC correctly for the first time in an online match :lol

Everything is meant to have a beginning, after all >_<

MIMIC

Banned
AZ Greg said:
GGs earlier MIMIC!

Sorry about the "ragequit" in the middle of a match. I had just remembered it was my day to go pick up my little brother from school. I was already late so I had to bail right then.

GGs. I forgot that you played Vega. You really put him to work! There were a few things that I didn't know he could do (like hit an FAing opponent and then flip out of the way before the hit).

I'm continuing my practice on stick, would anybody like to play a long session(at least 10 matches, but preferably more) against me on either PC or PS3? Just let me know and I'll set it up.

Bah I'm such a loser, I just played Jenga in two separate first to 10's. He annihilated me 10-1 when I played on a stick. I got all pissy and ran back to my pad and managed to take the 2nd set 10-7. It was a good series though, mainly my Ryu vs his Abel. It was basically Guessing Game Fighter 4.

After I score a knockdown I basically had to guess right for more damage, if I guess wrong I get a tornado throw. When he starts the jabs/shorts, step kick, repeat jabs/shorts or tornado throw rush down I had to guess to SRK or not. But just doing it was necessary to force him to back off the rush down which gave me chances to regain the momentum.

GG Jenga sorry I bitched out and went back to the pad. I'll try to be more patient next time. I need these beat downs to get better so that I can play better under pressure and work on execution as well.

the_log_ride said:
Funny how several people are posting about gettin' smacked down by Seth. Oddly enough, I have the worst win rate against him, according to my play stats :lol Something between 35 and 40% -_-

Yeah me too. 40% vs. Seth. 55% versus Sagat. Everyone else is 70% and above.

What scares me is that with Ultra damage reduced across the board, the top tier coming down, Seth is going to be even scarier in Super. Possibly S-Tier by himself.

Arpharmd B said:
Yeah me too. 40% vs. Seth. 55% versus Sagat. Everyone else is 70% and above.

What scares me is that with Ultra damage reduced across the board, the top tier coming down, Seth is going to be even scarier in Super. Possibly S-Tier by himself.

His health will still be 750 and if they nerfed Ryu's ability to cancel into Super with a fireball still on screen I see no reason why the same wouldn't happen with Seth's Super and Ultra. If that's the case then I'd say he got worse in SSF4. But nothing is confirmed yet, I really hope that's the case though. If they get rid of Ryu's BS super trap, then do the same with Seth's BS Super and Ultra trap.

Timedog said:
I WANT TO PLAY YOU RICE EATER. I need to play someone hard to pull my head out of my ass.

Sure that's fine, but I'm also on stick so I'll probably be free'er then you were to me during our matches last year :(

Rice-Eater said:
His health will still be 750 and if they nerfed Ryu's ability to cancel into Super with a fireball still on screen I see no reason why the same wouldn't happen with Seth's Super and Ultra. If that's the case then I'd say he got worse in SSF4. But nothing is confirmed yet, I really hope that's the case though. If they get rid of Ryu's BS super trap, then do the same with Seth's BS Super and Ultra trap.

Nerfing Ultras doesn't effect Seth very much, yeah his Ultra was free damage but it was like a DP's worth of damage or something it was really low. Whereas now other characters ultras will hurt him less, Sagat/Ryu will hurt him less, that means by default he is going to be better already versus the top 2 of last game. This places him higher on the tiers.

That said I heard stuff was nerfed like his s.HP has less reach and stuff like that.

KAL2006

Banned
MarkMan said:
I've slept with every gaf member I've met. We're still going strong.

Whatever helps you 'sleep' at night ^.^ !

---

Yo real talk. I'm going to be at GAMME. I'm actually going to MLG Orlando too.

My work schedule is nutzo. That's why I brought my lil' girl to West Coast Warzone (did anyone see her on the stream?!)

She's the best.

Oh yea, for those who wondered about the Hori FC3. Here's a pic of it...

4494405645_90e1187639.jpg

IMO, not as comfortable as the Mad Catz fightpad. But I do PREFER SNES/cross style dpads. I've tested it with Super SF4 and TEKKEN 6 and it works very well. It should be noted that thumbs style is easy as the buttons are bigger (a lot bigger than the X360 EX2 pad).. the buttons are actually the same size as the Mad Catz fightpads lol.

This is officially licensed by Sony but I have not checked if it works with PS2 games in BC mode yet. I will check tonight.

I was able to do 360s, srk fadc ultra with Ryu, Vipes sjc shit np on this thing. Charge motions weren't too bad and I could consistently jump in combo into buffalo xx ultra with Rog...

That's my mini review so far. Good job Hori.

---

maj, I met with magnetro at WCWZ and we had a good chat about some upcoming product. So I may be chattin with you more soon. <3

How is the controller in comparison to MadCatz FightPad. Would you say it is better. Also I see that the R1 and R2 buttons are the 2 extra face buttons. But what about shoulder buttons, how are they set up.

Just finished our big tournament here in Dallas.

Dallas Bar Fights.

It was a 2v2 tournament and I finished better than I thought I would. I'm happy :)

I OCV'd the first two teams then we got knocked to losers.. Then I won our next match in losers but we lost in top 16.

Good shit.

GG Timedog, I got my ass kicked like I thought I would 10-5. I'm going to keep up the stick practice, hopefully I can put up a better fight next time.

For a little while now, my RB button had been on the fritz. So I opened up my stick and saw that the wires for the button was sloppily placed. I was a bit upset. Then I get the sudden idea to switch it with one of my black buttons. Turns out, the button was bad. :lol

So I'll just replace all of them since my a button is a bit weird too. So where's a good place to order Sanwa parts?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice-Eater said:
How long have you been at it? Did it take a while just to be comfortable doing simple things like moving around and pressing the right buttons?

Like two weeks. Yeah it did but I will never be as good as I am with a pad. The ONLY reason why I'm using a stick because my hands never hurt as I do with brief sessions using charge characters on a pad or doing very complex stuff with QCF characters.

Threi

notag
sry about the ragequit mimic, my net got disconnected :lol

ggs though, it was a bit laggy but I had fun.

My fuerte is a bit more random than yours lol, you obviously know the character better.

XenoRaven

Sorry Greg, was playing with my other friend who is coincidentally also named Greg. Hopefully I can play you soon. Just when I decided I was going to practice every day, I got a new job that does not allow me to do that. =\

Anyway, I've probably said this before in here, but I need to make better use of Chun's situational anti-airs. I know she has them. I'm just still struggling to apply them. You could blame it on online play I guess, I'm not really satisfied with that. Lag or not, I have to stop letting my friend's Balrog jump in on me for free all day. Also, fuck his jumping fierce.

I also need to relax more when I play. It's a bit of a catch 22 because if I relax I don't pay attention and just fall into dumb habits. If I get into it, I get very easily frustrated and I'm not sure why. I know I'm not good, but I still go in wanting really bad to win, and get annoyed when all someone has to do is spend one EX bar to do a crazy rush punch through one of my pokes, or just headbutt when I try to apply pressure and then all of a sudden I get Ultra'd. I know it's not just that simple, and I know there's ways around that, and one day that won't be an issue for me. But I will bitch every step of the way there. >_>

Actually I probably bitch too much on here, but this has become my haven for venting after I play like shit. Sorry about that.

Ledsen

XenoRaven said:
Sorry Greg, was playing with my other friend who is coincidentally also named Greg. Hopefully I can play you soon. Just when I decided I was going to practice every day, I got a new job that does not allow me to do that. =\

Anyway, I've probably said this before in here, but I need to make better use of Chun's situational anti-airs. I know she has them. I'm just still struggling to apply them. You could blame it on online play I guess, I'm not really satisfied with that. Lag or not, I have to stop letting my friend's Balrog jump in on me for free all day. Also, fuck his jumping fierce.

I also need to relax more when I play. It's a bit of a catch 22 because if I relax I don't pay attention and just fall into dumb habits. If I get into it, I get very easily frustrated and I'm not sure why. I know I'm not good, but I still go in wanting really bad to win, and get annoyed when all someone has to do is spend one EX bar to do a crazy rush punch through one of my pokes, or just headbutt when I try to apply pressure and then all of a sudden I get Ultra'd. I know it's not just that simple, and I know there's ways around that, and one day that won't be an issue for me. But I will bitch every step of the way there. >_>

Actually I probably bitch too much on here, but this has become my haven for venting after I play like shit. Sorry about that.

Using Chuns normal anti-airs (mk against shotos etc) isn't really feasible online, except spamming hp against Balrog since it's not just an anti-air but an... anti-Balrog in general :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Also, in honor of my new computer, I guess I'll join the Kadey GIF Makin' Club®*

vipoer.gif

*this is the first time I've ever made a gif, so I could probably do a lot better.

Man, it's great to have a computer that can actually do shit.

MIMIC

Banned
Threi said:
sry about the ragequit mimic, my net got disconnected :lol

ggs though, it was a bit laggy but I had fun.

My fuerte is a bit more random than yours lol, you obviously know the character better.

GGs.

That Fei Long was my brother. He wanted to play and was totally mashing. Blocking is for sissies, according to him. :)

And GGs to you too, Greg.

And I think I'm going to take a little break from video games. I went out of town for half of my Spring Break and then spent the rest of it playing Halo and Street Fighter. Sucks that it's right on the heels of SSIV but I totally need to focus on other stuff (like finishing studying for my LSAT after my indefinite break :D)

KuroNeeko

Got my first ragequit today as Claw.

It was close but he tried to jump in during my backflip and ate a Bloody High Claw.

I think ragequits are really rare in Japan, so I took a picture to commemorate the event.

Never thought I'd see the day... *sniff*

20100411175011.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
KuroNeeko said:
Got my first ragequit today as Claw.

It was close but he tried to jump in during my backflip and ate a Bloody High Claw.

I think ragequits are really rare in Japan, so I took a picture to commemorate the event.

Never thought I'd see the day... *sniff*

20100411175011.jpg
congrats man! i still remember my first rage quit.
http://i40.tinypic.com/4rtd9e.jpg

its a sign that you've made it, its great after so many losses as you learn, to finally get in someones head and make them good and salty.

did you get any hatemail too?

Jenga

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Also, in honor of my new computer, I guess I'll join the Kadey GIF Makin' Club®*

vipoer.gif

*this is the first time I've ever made a gif, so I could probably do a lot better.

Man, it's great to have a computer that can actually do shit.
Well, despite the rape you gave me I had a lot of fun. We should play again sometime, I have next to no experience playing against characters that can actually mixup, I'm too used to trying to mixup people myself as Abel then actually trying to defend against one.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There's no sound test in SF4, right? I felt compelled to put on some of Gief's Guiles' and Sakura's themes as background music for a while, but was disappointed to not find any BGM test option. :(

(I was creating and recreating online matches for a while to see if I could luck out but that turned stupid real quick)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
XenoRaven said:
When I go in with this attitude it just makes me mad when I lose. >_>

See. If I were like that, when I run into this guy,

34epxld.jpg

Id be like, "Oh shit, I am soooooooo going to get my ass kicked so bad, -=cries=- suicide is the only option."

But I'm more like "I don't give a shit if this guy is the argubly top 2-5 best U.S player and the matchup is highly in his favor with Seth being Zangief's absolute worst matchup, I'm going to beat his ass. "

And I make it happen.

v7fxc8.jpg

ih0bpl.jpg

LOOKA AET DAH DAMAGE, LOOKA AET DAH DAMAGE!!!

sb1new.gif

And for the win.

sb2new.gif

Don't lose the match before it actually happens.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Ysiadmihi said:
Anyone for some GFW matches tonight? GFW: KakThInfected

Yeah man i'm up for it later once I get home...prob late. Sorry I couldn't yesterday night. I'll try to stump your cammy... but damm those dive kicks give me problems ;).

qcf x2

I'm back on after an extended absence. Getting ready for SSF4. Rusty as hell when it comes to matchup strategy.

Anyone wanna play against
/lose to :D
Rose/Cammy/Viper, hit me up!
XBL - USVI STAR

Nice work Kadey!!! \m/

Sabin beat me last weekend with Seth. I try my best not to have a hero worship mentality going in ....my mindset gets the best of me.

Top Bottom