• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
BotoxAgent said:
Nice work Kadey!!! \m/

Sabin beat me last weekend with Seth. I try my best not to have a hero worship mentality going in ....my mindset gets the best of me.

Thanks.

See, if it were Daigo. I'd faint. But then I''d get up and beat his ass too. :D

LowParry

If anyone wants to play, I'll be on for a little over an hour on 360 (XBL: Low Parry). Mainly play Vega and switch to Bison every now and then. Blah. :D

GG's TaKeRx, your Rog is beastly. I really need to stop lariating up close when you have ultra; stupid muscle memory :lol . Also, @CcrooK, if you're still on and aren't doing rounds yet, I can play against you for a bit.

fresquito

I just had a game where I realised how much I've grown up since I started playing this game (and I mean skill/experience grown here). I was playing Championship Mode, semi-finals G3-B, it is me. I'm Ken and I'm battling this Vega who is quite good to my standards. I lose the first round but I clear my mind and go all tactic. The second round is very close too, with a great start from me and a good recovery from him, but in the end he gets nervous and dies. Third round is equal. He scores some easy points on me because I'm not totally focused. Then I regain some ground little by little. In the end the guy goes nervous again and I win because he begins to do things he shouldn't do. I set a small trick, throwing a hadoken and FADCing to get to his back when he leaps my fireball thinking I'm easy meat :D

So long story short, I adjusted to the situation and set a mind game that I used to lose. Some months back I would have rushed brainlessly and died easily on the second round. Today I won. I've improved a bit and I'm proud of it :D

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Kadey said:
Thanks.

See, if it were Daigo. I'd faint. But then I''d get up and beat his ass too. :D

hi kadey! This is Sabin. I'm actually posting, cause well...niggas blew up my facebook account and put me on blast about that loss. Kadey > Sabin > Daigo :lol

would you like to get a runback sometime? i sent you a message on xbl under the same tag if you want to get some games in.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
nycfurby said:
hi kadey! This is Sabin. I'm actually posting, cause well...niggas blew up my facebook account and put me on blast about that loss. Kadey > Sabin > Daigo :lol

would you like to get a runback sometime? i sent you a message on xbl under the same tag if you want to get some games in.
O shiiiiiiiii...let this be real.
Please record matches and put on youtube so the rest of us can see as well.

nycfurby said:

Oh damn. If this goes down, somebody record this shit.

nycfurby said:

Welcome to GAF son!

Also, you may want to watch the "N" around hurr.

Also, play some fucking 3 bar matches. Stop ducking!!!!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
nycfurby said:

Oh shit! Welcome to GAF, watch the language, though. It's strict around here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:

What's up?
Was one of those people giving you a hard time Haunts? :lol He seems to be the instigator for all my matches lately.

I'll play a match with you again but some time during the weekend. Let it be Seth and Gief again. I know you'll take it a whole lot more serious this time and destroy me but I'm happy enough to get one win against someone of your calibur. :D

Oh and welcome to GAF. Since you're here, enter the SSFIV tourney.

nycfurby

Kadey said:
What's up?
Was one of those people giving you a hard time Haunts? :lol He seems to be the instigator for all my matches lately.

I'll play a match with you again but some time during the weekend. Let it be Seth and Gief again. I know you'll take it a whole lot more serious this time and destroy me but I'm happy enough to get one win against someone of your calibur. :D

Oh and welcome to GAF. Since you're here, enter the SSFIV tourney.

Haha, Reno from versuscity.net actually blew my spot up about it. :lol :lol

But yeah, I'm down to play whenever. Weekends might be bad though because weekends = tourney time, or sf4 (crack) session time. I hate playing online, lol. But anyway, let me know!

I asked a few ppl about you and apparently, you are that girl gief player that goes to kattermari's tourneys in philly (tea boss weekly?) good stuff.

black_vegeta: lol, i can barely do anything on 5 bars, let alone 3 bars for netplay.

nycfurby said:
Haha, Reno from versuscity.net actually blew my spot up about it. :lol :lol

But yeah, I'm down to play whenever. Weekends might be bad though because weekends = tourney time, or sf4 (crack) session time. I hate playing online, lol. But anyway, let me know!

I asked a few ppl about you and apparently, you are that girl gief player that goes to kattermari's tourneys in philly (tea boss weekly?) good stuff.

black_vegeta: lol, i can barely do anything on 5 bars, let alone 3 bars for netplay.

:lol It's all good mang. Totally understandable.

LowParry

Axelhortsemchi said:
GG's TaKeRx, your Rog is beastly. I really need to stop lariating up close when you have ultra; stupid muscle memory :lol . Also, @CcrooK, if you're still on and aren't doing rounds yet, I can play against you for a bit.

I hate that lariat with a passion. Make for Izuna drops a pain to pull. I did manage to score a few. I had a lot of fun with that match up. Even if I just won one match. Just need more experience against characters. Couple things I need to do though is do a bit more mix ups after a knockdown with my Vega. Hrm. Idea's. GG though!

CcrooK said:
I hate that lariat with a passion. Make for Izuna drops a pain to pull. I did manage to score a few. I had a lot of fun with that match up. Even if I just won one match. Just need more experience against characters. Couple things I need to do though is do a bit more mix ups after a knockdown with my Vega. Hrm. Idea's. GG though!

GG's Ccrook, and yeah, I know what you mean. Going to the sky as Vega is risky against Gief, as a good crouching lariat beats or at least trades with the claw or Izuna drop attempt. You had a good work around with the combo into EX walldive though. Definately an interesting matchup, and since you were saying that Gief's throwbox was confusing you, I'll try and help with that.

A light SPD has about twice the range of a normal throw, heavy is just barely larger than a normal throw, and medium's between the two. EX has about the same range as medium, but is invincible during startup. A lot of those times where you just got grabbed out of nowhere were me going for a reverse kara grab. Also, tick throw suplex shenanigans ;)

LowParry

Axelhortsemchi said:
GG's Ccrook, and yeah, I know what you mean. Going to the sky as Vega is risky against Gief, as a good crouching lariat beats or at least trades with the claw or Izuna drop attempt. You had a good work around with the combo into EX walldive though. Definately an interesting matchup, and since you were saying that Gief's throwbox was confusing you, I'll try and help with that.

A light SPD has about twice the range of a normal throw, heavy is just barely larger than a normal throw, and medium's between the two. EX has about the same range as medium, but is invincible during startup. A lot of those times where you just got grabbed out of nowhere were me going for a reverse kara grab. Also, tick throw suplex shenanigans ;)

I'll keep these things in mind next time. I don't think I could play any other character against a Gief cause of Vega's PPP/KKK escape (as you witnessed with a Bison and Ken play :lol ). I'll have to play a bit more range against Gief and switch every now and then to being more aggressive. Super's going to help out a lot with my Vega play. Will be interesting to see how things switch up with that kind of match up. Pulling my Ultra's on instinct though. I've been improving in that department. I was able to catch just the slightest movement of Gief and react on instant to get the hit on. The other times that I missed were just guesses on my part if you were going to move in or not. Damn I need Super bad now. Vega has all these weaknesses now that are changing in Super.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive been meaning to get some practice, anybody down to play on PSN later today? Im aight

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
nycfurby said:
omg youre coming to ECT too?? what major dont you travel to? lol. anyway holla at your boy when you get here <3

yea, meet up with me there aight Kadey? <3

i'll hit you up art for sure... I'm hyped for reppin' out there.

Nose Master

24922_415980711367_509441367_5696458_716681_n.jpg

So many people are going to think I'm gay, but it's worth it :lol

Here's hopin fb direct links don't go bad after a while :'(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I can tell nycfurby is a real account because of the incessant "put on blast"

FindMyFarms said:
It was probably an American.

The Japanese are more stoic and composed, they don't talk trash or make inappropriate sounds in tournaments.

Seriously. Damn gaijin.

nycfurby

SnowWolf said:
I can tell nycfurby is a real account because of the incessant "put on blast"

Seriously. Damn gaijin.

ON BLAST ON BLAST

and yeah that was kokujin screaming. cause she helped train choco along with momochi
protip: japanese talk trash too. they might not always get loud, but people will be thirsty to talk shit behind anon names on 2ch

props to 2dgod mago for at least manning up and talking shit about people under his own name on his blog

h3ro

nycfurby said:
ON BLAST ON BLAST

and yeah that was kokujin screaming. cause she helped train choco along with momochi
protip: japanese talk trash too. they might not always get loud, but people will be thirsty to talk shit behind anon names on 2ch

props to 2dgod mago for at least manning up and talking shit about people under his own name on his blog

What ended up happening to the dude who threw a cigg butt in your face after you beat down on him in Japan?

Imagine something like that going down here in NY! :lol

nycfurby said:
ON BLAST ON BLAST

Yeah, personally I've only heard Mago put someone on blast publicly.

One time he said, "I'm not Daigo's bitch" or "what am I Daigo's bitch?". I wish I could find a link for when he said that verbally.

Top Bottom