• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage said:
I know how much it pains you to even type his name these days, so here's a reference so you can copy/paste it instead of using the next person that comes to mind:

Relix

Directions for Windows: Move mouse cursor in to the left of the "R", push click and hold down while moving cursor to the right of the "x", release click then press Ctrl and C at the same time. Then, when making disparaging remarks in the future, you can press Ctrl and V at the same time to have his name appear with minimal pain or effort.

Directions for Mac: Perform the above using Command instead of Control.

Directions for Linux: RTFM
:lol :lol :lol

<3 you hito :)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Haha yea I use to play Panda Express. He tore me up when I first started SF4.. but I'm sure I could win a majority if not all sets now.

After our sets, I sent him a message, "you used to beat me consistently a couple months ago..."

He just replied with, "gg's."

Beezy

Threi said:
Personally I use a mix of:

c.lp x2 (or 3) > c.lk xx lk scissors: because c.lk x2 (or 3) isn't a blockstring.

c.lk x2 (or 3) xx lk scissors: despite the above you need to know this because c.lk is bison's quickest move, if you can get the timing down you can get free knockdowns off pokes.

c.lp > st.lp > c.mk xx mk scissors: because c.mk links easier to st.lp than cr.lp

st. hp > cr. lk xx mk scissors: my main combo off a focus/punish if I remember to do it. DA DMG
Thanks, I'll try to get these down later today. What exactly does xx mean though?

Threi said:
more often than not though c.mk xx lk scissors into mixup situations is usually all thats needed to mount a good offense. Combos don't really fit Bisons (or just my) playstyle much. EX bar I usually save for defense/countering or stock up for super.
Yeah I know, that's why I like using him. I didn't know what else to call them though.

Characters with crazy ass combos are too complicated for me to use. I can't remember and input all that shit so quick. That's why I wanna try out Makoto more than anyone else in SSF4, but people are already making it sound like she's bad. I'm still gonna try her though. Doesn't look like anyone else will really fit my play style.

Threi

notag
Beezy said:
Thanks, I'll try to get these down later today. What exactly does xx mean though?
cancel.

try to get the last one down, it gets into their head as it's not very common. Looks slick as hell too, despite only being 3 hits.

short short short scissors? yawn.

Beezy said:
Lol lyte edge destroyed me with his Chun before. I think that was the first time I played a good Chun player, so I didn't know wtf was going on.
I met lyte randomly in CP mode once.
Chun mirror. First round was close, but he won. Second round I won. Then he must have been mad because he perfected me the final round, lol

Beezy

Threi said:
cancel.

try to get the last one down, it gets into their head as it's not very common. Looks slick as hell too, despite only being 3 hits.

short short short scissors? yawn.
Ah, okay. Btw, is his teleport ever useful?

Some bad habits I have to get out of with Bison:

-jumping in (suicide)
-that fucking slide kick (leaves you wide open if blocked or if you miss)
-accidentally doing the head stomp instead of scissor kicks (just an issue of me getting use to my arcade stick)

_dementia said:
I met lyte randomly in CP mode once.
Chun mirror. First round was close, but he won. Second round I won. Then he must have been mad because he perfected me the final round, lol
Yeah, I didn't know she was capable of some of the shit that he was doing. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher is still butthurt =P.

If anyone is up for some SF4 matches hit me with an invite, Lord Relix. I will be trying to get off Chapter 7 in FF13 so if you invite me give me a min or two to switch games =P

EDIT: Oh shit there's an XBL Update. Guess that should let you know when was the last time I touched my Xbox =P

Threi

notag
Beezy said:
Ah, okay. Btw, is his teleport ever useful?
Outside of gimmicks, not really. If you are getting pressured a lot and aren't in the corner it help, get you out of holes in blockstrings, or piss off scrubs by baiting srks by dashing up close then teleporting away. Doesn't really work outside of that because most chars have a move that can catch him in it's bad recovery.

*edit*

One of my main gimmicks with Bison includes teleport, in which I tele, but I use the command down, downback, down (or down, downforward, down) so that I still am able to hold a down/up charge. I usually offensive teleport after a throw, and because people think the telport has shitty recovery I immediately go into EX Headstomp and it catches their reversal/throw tech attempt. It's only a gimmick though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi you still have your Xbox? Wanna pair up your pansy looking-purple-dressing-wanna-be-commander against my hottie?

Relix said:
TurtleSnatcher is still butthurt =P.

If anyone is up for some SF4 matches hit me with an invite, Lord Relix. I will be trying to get off Chapter 7 in FF13 so if you invite me give me a min or two to switch games =P

EDIT: Oh shit there's an XBL Update. Guess that should let you know when was the last time I touched my Xbox =P

Yo, I added you to my buddy list...I'm awaiting your approval.

Threi

notag
Relix said:
Threi you still have your Xbox? Wanna pair up your pansy looking-purple-dressing-wanna-be-commander against my hottie?
You will probably get this response an hour from now due to lag but no I have work today.

Threi said:
Don't be overaggressive, most people playing against Bison expect it.

Throw as much as your opponent will let you.
BULLOCKS! Rush that sh!t down
when they have no DP (excluding Viper) or EX >_>;
Throwing is also very good with Bison. The dictator loves it when people are knocked down.

Another useful combo for that damage (best used when the opponent is dizzy) is:
j.fierce > st. fierce xx heavy scissors.
As far as I know, supercanceling the scissors in this combo is Bison's strongest combo.

And to add on to the gimmicks threi mentioned, sliding (from a safe distance) or empty devil's reverse opens up the opportunity of an EX something, super, or Ultra. Use is sparingly though.
And blocked lk scissors into super, EX, or ultra also has its many uses.

Another useful thing to do is a tricky follow-up after the headstomp. If you go a bit behind your opponent and they do some special, it'll auto-correct for that direction. This gives you a chance to move back to where your opponent was originally facing for a free hit with the follow up into one of the combos threi mentioned.

And something very useful to learn is the st.lk > roundhouse. Very useful, especially when you don't think you have your charge. And if you're 1337, link that cr.mp > cr.mk.
Can't do it myself that well yet, but it's good for damage is you learn it.

And although jumping is generally a bad idea with Bison, I do it a lot. But my playstyle with Bison is different than most.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I feel so sorry for Chris.

I need to contact him somehow. Kensk or Art, can you guys find out something for me? Like, where he is staying currently or some kind of address I can send him money to?

I'd like to give him a good amount. He's one of the people whom made me even care about listening to commentating and I can relate to his situation, I've been there.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:

I need to contact him somehow. Kensk or Art, can you guys find out something for me? Like, where he is staying currently or some kind of address I can send him money to?

I'd like to give him a good amount. He's one of the people whom made me even care about listening to commentating and I can relate to his situation, I've been there.
This is the 21st Century. We have means of transferring funds using computers and electronic data!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hitokage said:
This is the 21st Century. We have means of transferring funds using computers and electronic data!

Yeah. To Rome and Nigeria.

I don't use Paypal or any other similar site.

If I want something done right, I do it myself. It's gotten me this far. Just like I don't do direct deposit. Nobody messes around with my money but me.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
GG to Sollune, we played 48 freaking matches(26 him, 22 me) :lol . That's the longest set I've ever played against any individual person. But man, I'm salty about this wireless Mad Catz pad, input lag made me want to hurt babies. Markman, why did Mad Catz make the PS3 pad wireless when the 360 one wasn't? WHHHHYYYYYYY?

Oh well I have a Hori Fighting Commander 3 on the way that might solve that problem. So that's what I plan on using until I get the hang of this stick.

EDIT: Crap I just read the story about Chris Hu and his family. That's really horrible, my condolences to the family and mad props to any and all who have donated.

GGs Rice-Eater, some good matches. I think it was just our connection and not the fightpad actually.
But that said you have a pretty solid air game with Ryu.
Kept guessing wrong and getting hit with those air tatsu, and when i think its a cross up i eat a j.FP.
And I think you are one of the few people who guessed right on all those Cammy FADCs haha.
But for someone who plays rushdown you sure were patient, fucking c.FP anti air.

Also wish Chris Hu and his family the best of luck, will donate what I can. No one should go through something tragic like that, I know what it's like.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The article made kotaku

there are some dumb fuckin pricks that post in the comments...

pissed me off verily this morning ;)

Beezy

dragonballjoseph said:
BULLOCKS! Rush that sh!t down
when they have no DP (excluding Viper) or EX >_>;
Throwing is also very good with Bison. The dictator loves it when people are knocked down.

Another useful combo for that damage (best used when the opponent is dizzy) is:
j.fierce > st. fierce xx heavy scissors.
As far as I know, supercanceling the scissors in this combo is Bison's strongest combo.

And to add on to the gimmicks threi mentioned, sliding (from a safe distance) or empty devil's reverse opens up the opportunity of an EX something, super, or Ultra. Use is sparingly though.
And blocked lk scissors into super, EX, or ultra also has its many uses.

Another useful thing to do is a tricky follow-up after the headstomp. If you go a bit behind your opponent and they do some special, it'll auto-correct for that direction. This gives you a chance to move back to where your opponent was originally facing for a free hit with the follow up into one of the combos threi mentioned.

And something very useful to learn is the st.lk > roundhouse. Very useful, especially when you don't think you have your charge. And if you're 1337, link that cr.mp > cr.mk.
Can't do it myself that well yet, but it's good for damage is you learn it.

And although jumping is generally a bad idea with Bison, I do it a lot. But my playstyle with Bison is different than most.
Some of that will be confusing for me to pull off right now, but thanks.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
You will probably get this response an hour from now due to lag but no I have work today.

:lol :lol Is that the only excuse after two years of getting beat in Brawl and SF4? =P!

Yeah, sad my connection lags to most of USA. At least I can play but oooh how I wish it was better.

EDIT: ANyone up for a few matches?

gutabo

black_vegeta said:
Thanks Find for the vid, I will study and learn...then play Gutabo sometime in the near future.
Looking forward to play you again! :D

Relix said:
:lol :lol Is that the only excuse after two years of getting beat in Brawl and SF4? =P!

Yeah, sad my connection lags to most of USA. At least I can play but oooh how I wish it was better.

EDIT: ANyone up for a few matches?
Add me! Gutabo2. Team lag FTW! (yeah I beat threi too and lag was his excuse too)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
black_vegeta said:
I saw their dumbass comments along with yours...idiots!

That (reading all those ignorant comments about immigrants) and having a crappy rainy work day just made my head hurt. I think I need a nap. Lock myself up in my office and tell everybody to go away.

XenoRaven

MarkMan said:
The article made kotaku

there are some dumb fuckin pricks that post in the comments...

pissed me off verily this morning ;)
I broke my "Don't go to Kotaku anymore" rule to see some of the comments. Man I wish I hadn't. I can't believe people are actually a) claiming that you just want to bring attention to MadCatz products, b) you're somehow a bad person for "only" donating one stick, or c) my personal favorite, that you're donating a stick to Chris Hu's family. I mean, we're talking about some epic stupidity here. For one, I'd certainly like to see how much each of those assholes donated. For two, people need to put their glasses on read all the words in a sentence in the correct fucking order before they formulate their stupid ass opinions.

Don't let em bug you MarkMan. Those people are fucking retarded, and you shouldn't let them ruin your day.

Sorry for the language. But these idiots deserve it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
That (reading all those ignorant comments about immigrants) and having a crappy rainy work day just made my head hurt. I think I need a nap. Lock myself up in my office and tell everybody to go away.

Sorry to hear about your day so far. If it helps any, I think you're awesome. Real talk. ;)

G1 Championship is weird now. I actually fought a Fei Long in the finals. I figure that he got their because nobody knows how to fight Fei Long. I know I didn't. :lol
Then all of a sudden, I fought two of them in a row. I beat those two though... >_>

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Kadey said:

I'll find out this week and get back to you. Chris will probably be at our local arcade on Friday seeing as there is a local fundraiser tournament for him.

_dementia said:
Sabin posts on gaf? That is godlike.

No use entering the tourney folks. Unless you're on his team or can abuse lag tactics.

Yeah, you can thank Kadey for using her win over him as an example of not psyching yourself out before a match. Some of his homeys put him on blast for the post, and bam, now he's postin' on GAF

well, I won't be able to enter regardless, as my XBL Gold sub is expiring on the 19th of this month and I'm getting Super on dat Triple so I can play with my IRL friends.

Ledsen

the_log_ride said:
Yeah, you can thank Kadey for using her win over him as an example of not psyching yourself out before a match. Some of his homeys put him on blast for the post, and bam, now he's postin' on GAF

wtf does this "on blast" crap mean and where did it come from :(

Ledsen said:

On Blast = Called out, put on the spot, your business being told to everyone, etc.

"On Blast" is an old ass saying, but Art is making it known at least in the GAF community.

Imm0rt4l

Ledsen said:
you've seriously never heard the term before? It trips me out when people ask stuff like what's this "salty" slang in fighting games, it's not from fighting games. This is like decade old slang.

putting someone on blast means to embarrass them in front of a lot of people.

_dementia said:
well, I won't be able to enter regardless, as my XBL Gold sub is expiring on the 19th of this month and I'm getting Super on dat Triple so I can play with my IRL friends.
You can play locally with your mom.

Ohhhh snap!

<3 dementia.

Beezy

Pandaman said:
I had never heard of it prior to last week when i watch some triforce video about the american gaming community.
Oh, you're not from the US. Makes sense that you don't know it.

Ledsen said:

Here, let me rephrase that for you:

Ledsen said:
Yes, you can thank her Magesty, Kadey. She recalled an encounter she once had with a skillful opponent. This opponent, Sabin, holds a strong reputation among the Street Fighter community, and would surely would be able to affect lesser opponents on the psychological level to the point where he could win a match even before it started. Kadey states that to throw away a match even before it is played is idiotic, and instead urges people to go into a match with an almost foolhardy gameplan of abusing their opponents' posteriors with the cruelest of intentions.

Needless to say, this course of action proved successful, and Kadey went on to win her match against Sabin, even with all the odds stacked against her. As a result, Sabin's close companions caught wind of the match and proceeded to poke fun and mock him for said loss. It was all in good fun, however, and now they are expected to have a go at some more matches. Furthermore, Sabin is now seen here, on the NeoGAF website, posting from time to time for our reading pleasure.

Top Bottom