• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

black_vegeta said:
Yeah, personally I've only heard Mago put someone on blast publicly.

One time he said, "I'm not Daigo's bitch" or "what am I Daigo's bitch?". I wish I could find a link for when he said that verbally.

Yeah, Daigo is more public here, but Mago is pretty much the best player in Japan.

Correction: Since we putting people on blast, SJ was the best at SFIV until he left Japan in 2007 :)lol )

We had an N bomb in the thread. All of a sudden it got hyped. I'm so hyped I'ma jump on PSN or Live and let one of you pound on me like the keys on Tiger's phone...

Ninja edit: PSN is dead. I went on and only Sollune was on there. GFW and Live are definitely more popping.

Spiderjericho said:
Correction: Since we putting people on blast, SJ was the best at SFIV until he left Japan in 2007 :)lol )

We had an N bomb in the thread. All of a sudden it got hyped. I'm so hyped I'ma jump on PSN or Live and let one of you pound on me like the keys on Tiger's phone...
:lol

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Does FADC still sell Chris Hu shirts? They should put them up and give the proceeds to Chris. I'd buy a few.

TheFatOne

Can someone help me out with the second Ryu trial on hard. The move is
Focus Attack -> Solar Plexus Strike -> Crouching Heavy Punch -> Shoryuken -> Shinku Hadoken I can do the focustattack to solar plexus strike, but I can't figure out how to time the crouching heavy + shoryuken. Does anyone have any tips on nailing this combo down.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Focus Attack -> Solar Plexus Strike -> Crouching Heavy Punch -> Shoryuken -> Shinku Hadoken I can do the focustattack to solar plexus strike, but I can't figure out how to time the crouching heavy + shoryuken. Does anyone have any tips on nailing this combo down.

Are you using the DP shortcut? Hold df when doing the cr.HP then just go down, df + p.

Just logged off. No one on Live either (though I'll admit I don't have everyone as a friend :(

Sorry to hear about Chris Hu's situation. I hope they have a place to stay and can get back on their feet.

TheFatOne

Ysiadmihi said:
Are you using the DP shortcut? Hold df when doing the cr.HP then just go down, df + p.

Yea I am using the DP shortcut. My problem is that I can do the DP right after the solar plexus strike, but I can't time the cr.HP for some reason. I can't get the timing on the cr. HP. I will try again tomorrow.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
h3ro said:
What ended up happening to the dude who threw a cigg butt in your face after you beat down on him in Japan?

Imagine something like that going down here in NY! :lol

i saw him the next day. guy pretended like nothing happened. what a ass. I put him on blast on 2ch. I was the only guy there posting under a non-anonymous name. heh.

Guys, also, if you can help out, plz donate to Chris Hu. I was just playing this guy on the teamspooky stream the other day and now..he lost everything. Seriously, this is some sad stuff. :(

Aedile

nycfurby said:
Guys, also, if you can help out, plz donate to Chris Hu. I was just playing this guy on the teamspooky stream the other day and now..he lost everything. Seriously, this is some sad stuff. :(

Link if people weren't aware of what happened.

XenoRaven

black_vegeta said:
I don't have much to give but I'm sure It will help out.
Yep. A lot of us may not have a lot, but I'm sure we all have a place to live and our savings intact. Every little bit helps! Go go go!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That's messed up news. :(
I wish Chris Hu and the rest of the families the best of luck. I donated what I could as well.

eissan

TheFatOne said:
Yea I am using the DP shortcut. My problem is that I can do the DP right after the solar plexus strike, but I can't time the cr.HP for some reason. I can't get the timing on the cr. HP. I will try again tomorrow.

I had the same issue what I did was I practice just doing the cr.HP to SRK to Super until I had that down then I practiced the solar plexius to cr.HP to SRK until I got that down.

that was the hardest Ryu challenge for me (took me like 3-4 hours and hundreds of tries) every other hard challenge for Ryu I was able to finish in about 3-4 tries.

gutabo

TheFatOne said:
Plinking helps a lot.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Regarding Chris Hu and his family, victims of a tragic fire at his home in Chinatown area of NY.

http://shoryuken.com

Update: Thanks to MarkMan from MadCatz we will be raffling off the #1 Super Street Fighter IV stick off of their production line. Donors will get one entry into the raffle for every $10 donated (donations of less than $10 still get an entry. Every dollar counts!). Thanks MarkMan and MadCatz!

4516680431_5a2d2854a8_o.jpg

GG to Sollune, we played 48 freaking matches(26 him, 22 me) :lol . That's the longest set I've ever played against any individual person. But man, I'm salty about this wireless Mad Catz pad, input lag made me want to hurt babies. Markman, why did Mad Catz make the PS3 pad wireless when the 360 one wasn't? WHHHHYYYYYYY?

Oh well I have a Hori Fighting Commander 3 on the way that might solve that problem. So that's what I plan on using until I get the hang of this stick.

EDIT: Crap I just read the story about Chris Hu and his family. That's really horrible, my condolences to the family and mad props to any and all who have donated.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rice-Eater said:
GG to Sollune, we played 48 freaking matches(26 him, 22 me) :lol . That's the longest set I've ever played against any individual person. But man, I'm salty about this wireless Mad Catz pad, input lag made me want to hurt babies. Markman, why did Mad Catz make the PS3 pad wireless when the 360 one wasn't? WHHHHYYYYYYY?

There is no input lag on the Mad Catz fightpad for PS3. (Yes it has been tested/documented).

Batteries might have been dying? Make sure the switch was set to dpad?

Any other RF signals in the room that were active that could be interfering?

MarkMan said:
There is no input lag on the Mad Catz fightpad for PS3. (Yes it has been tested/documented).

Batteries might have been dying? Make sure the switch was set to dpad?

Any other RF signals in the room that were active that could be interfering?

Well I've never really considered all that stuff but man I can feel some input lag sometimes absolutely no response even as I'm mashing like crazy. My room does have quite a bit of stuff in it but I've used it in multiple locations like my living room where it's almost empty and honestly I could feel a difference between it and the saturn pad and the 360 pad I use on my PC.

But I'll check out all those things you mentioned. Thanks for the response.

protomanSTi

Neo Member
Might also be input delay on your tv if its a LCD.
No one ever wants to admit their own tv has lag, but most consumer grade models, esp TN panel ones will have 2-3 frames easily.

V_Arnold

Rocky, thanks for the games last night. You are still exceptionally good (except with Abel).

I am going mentally crazy about my arcade stick, because I swear that every round, 2-3 times I accidentally touch(!) one of the kicks when I reach for the punches, and suddenly I am doing a focus attack or a taunt when I wanted an ultra or simply a combo. It kills me...

Rose is my new main btw, alongside to Viper :D

gutabo said:
Wat? Care to explain plox?
His damage output needs to be nerfed. My Rawg just takes a licking from a decent Honda.

100 hand slaps and his headbutts are godlike. Also the speed of his fp and ex headbutts need to be slowed down! :lol

fresquito

black_vegeta said:
His damage output needs to be nerfed. My Rawg just takes a licking from a decent Honda.

100 hand slaps and his headbutts are godlike. Also the speed of his fp and ex headbutts need to be slowed down! :lol
As a Rog player you shouldn't be allowed to talk about nerfing :lol

black_vegeta said:

My friend has a top honda in Tx, we played in the grand finals of a tourney a bit back. I play t
he match alot, hopefully our vid helps you out a bit. I feel rog has the advantage in this matchup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fz2ZOUIA_M

Ignore my garbage akuma in the beginning :lol :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
Lol arthurs Honda.

Good stuff.

A bit back? Lol this was from the Arkansas tourney right? That was only 2 weekends ago. :p

Yeah.. we don't really have the best Hondas here in Tx, but he's up there (in our state) I guess? :lol :lol

Also I'm pullin an all nighter for a stat test, I'm juiced on caffeine and my memory is being used for other things *_*

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Majestros said:
Man, this latest challenge has been getting some really cool responses: http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=uogQOPBGxqA

Too many good ones too name, but there's an Abel one that's badass and a Ken one where he's doing kara-DP's dressed like Dante and even some Guile ones ...

This might be the last SF4 challenge but i'm really glad i decided to do it.

bad ass bro..the sakura one was sweet as hell

I don't got much but I donated what I could to the Chris Hu fund...

yesterday I went back online after being gone from vacation and not having a TV...

felt weird. I faced a weirdo who jumps all the time, I didn't know why he did that all the time... it left him open to punishment so I tried to educate him that jumping is bad.. but he did not learn.

later I faced a good boring Ryu, got my clock cleaned... I got bored because it's Ryu so I stopped for the night

Thanks Find for the vid, I will study and learn...then play Gutabo sometime in the near future.

Late last night I played LA PandaExpress a number of sets. He has a decent Ryu that in the past beat my ass on a consistent basis. I went into the match saying, "I got your ass this time." He didn't win one set and I brought the Rawg pain in Ricky Ortiz stylist fashion...pretty combos. :lol

Keep in mind, the last time I played him was a few months ago, but I did remember his gamertag because he made me hellah salty back then. It just felt good knowing that I'm learning and I am leveling up with my Rawg.

Beezy

I haven't seriously played in SF4 since last year and I'm trying to get decent again before Super drops. Any Bison (Dictator) out there that would help me with combos and what I should or shouldn't be doing? I feel like I'm making a lot of noob mistakes.

Some Chun-Li training vids would be cool too.

Beezy said:
I haven't seriously played in SF4 since last year and I'm trying to get decent again before Super drops. Any Bison (Dictator) out there that would help me with combos and what I should or shouldn't be doing? I feel like I'm making a lot of noob mistakes.

Ask Threi about Bison. He has a pretty solid Bison.

Chun is trash.. Only trash like Hitokage plays Chun!!

Beezy

TurtleSnatcher said:

Lol lyte edge destroyed me with his Chun before. I think that was the first time I played a good Chun player, so I didn't know wtf was going on.

Threi

notag
Beezy said:

Personally I use a mix of:

c.lp x2 (or 3) > c.lk xx lk scissors: because c.lk x2 (or 3) isn't a blockstring.

c.lk x2 (or 3) xx lk scissors: despite the above you need to know this because c.lk is bison's quickest move, if you can get the timing down you can get free knockdowns off pokes.

c.lp > st.lp > c.mk xx mk scissors: because c.mk links easier to st.lp than cr.lp

st. hp > cr. lk xx mk scissors: my main combo off a focus/punish if I remember to do it. DA DMG

more often than not though c.mk xx lk scissors into mixup situations is usually all thats needed to mount a good offense. Combos don't really fit Bisons (or just my) playstyle much. EX bar I usually save for defense/countering or stock up for super.

*edit*

Don't jump in on anyone in this game, ever. Bison's jump is so slow and high and his air normals suck so much it is almost always death. Really bad non-ex fireballs and back throw > crossup or j.hp (which will make non-autocorrect DP's whiff) aside.

Don't be overaggressive, most people playing against Bison expect it.

Throw as much as your opponent will let you.

Remember that for some weird reason Bison is at frame disadvantage after a lvl 1 focus > dash forward.

Take not of when your opponent tends to jump in from the beginning of the match, it may come in handy if you want to j.mp x2 > ultra. Emphasis on "may"

Empty Devils Reverse recovers surprisingly fast. After an untechable knockdown you can empty DR towards your enemy and it will be safe. A lot of people have caught on to the empty DR > throw gimmick though.

At the start of a match throw out some whiffed dr's, creeping closer but never into unsafe territory to see what the opponent does right off the bat. They will either jumping normal (bad for you, stick to the ground), focus (good for you, you can use hp DR to control yourself in the air and land behind them), or grab (don't quote me on this but i think a c.lk string will catch them). It's just to help you read your opponent, so you don't get caught with stuff later on.

Offensive teleport will bring you next to the point where the person jumped. So if they jump in or are trying to cross you up offensive teleport and you should be safe.

Use st.mk as your primary poke, and cr. mp to catch them off guard. cr. hp can be used for frame traps.

Slide, offensive teleport, and DR are all safe after either backthrow or forward throw, forget which one.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TurtleSnatcher said:

I know how much it pains you to even type his name these days, so here's a reference so you can copy/paste it instead of using the next person that comes to mind:

Relix

Directions for Windows: Move mouse cursor in to the left of the "R", push click and hold down while moving cursor to the right of the "x", release click then press Ctrl and C at the same time. Then, when making disparaging remarks in the future, you can press Ctrl and V at the same time to have his name appear with minimal pain or effort.

Directions for Mac: Perform the above using Command instead of Control.

Directions for Linux: RTFM

Top Bottom