• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

who wants to spare with me tonight on my stick transition practice phase?

yup, I am trying to go from Saturn Pad to MC TE Sticks and want to hit up some fights tonight with a GAFFER for practice (PSN)

LowParry

Rice-Eater said:
GG Kak(how the hell do you pronounce your GAF name? :lol ), and I noticed that to. You were raping me with Cammy BnB combos just a few months ago. You only played her twice against me I think but I still immediately noticed that difference. Oh well, I'm sure you'll get it back.

As for me I need to seriously work on Ryu's BnB, especially the jab, jab, SRK which I use to do so often. Even after 2 weeks of practice, arcade stick still feels awkward to me, like trying to throw with my left hand. Right now when I land a jump in I'm just mashing instead of timing the button presses. I think I need to do what you said and stop using pad because I've been going back and forth between the two.

Oh my. You really need to stay with the stick if yer going to learn how to properly use it. You're only hurting yourself switching.

ACE 1991

so I understand that to execute Ryu's ultra I need to do 2 QCF's then press all three punch buttons? I think I may be doing it wrong, I can't seem to get the two QCF's right, I've been practicing in training mode for a good 30 mins and all I can seem to do is Hakoden.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ACE 1991 said:
so I understand that to execute Ryu's ultra I need to do 2 QCF's then press all three punch buttons? I think I may be doing it wrong, I can't seem to get the two QCF's right, I've been practicing in training mode for a good 30 mins and all I can seem to do is Hakoden.
First, make sure when you do "down, down-forward, forward, down, down-forward, forward", you make it "down, down-forward, forward, neutral, down, down-forward, forward".

Second, do it quickly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ACE 1991 said:

Is it a EX hadoken? Make sure you are actually hitting all the buttons at the same time and yeah do it quickly like both fireball motions in a bit under a second.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
I'll find out this week and get back to you. Chris will probably be at our local arcade on Friday seeing as there is a local fundraiser tournament for him.

Thank you so much.

Solune

ACE 1991 said:

Also make sure you have Ultra Bar set to Refill or Infinite.
Sometimes you don't realize you don't actually have Ultra to do it.

FindMyFarms said:
@Rice-eater do cr. short -> cr. jab -> srk for ryu's bnb. cr. jab x 2 won't catch people jumping back or only blocking high.

I know and I often use that combo. It's just that double jabs are a little easier to execute but I'm practicing both a lot. I just need to work on doing SRK motions on a stick and the timing.

Ccrook, Hitokage:

Yeah I know, I've been whipping out the pad to play people on my friends list. But I'm going to try and go cold turkey on the pads and work on sitck exclusively. I'm planning to attend that Lucky's tourney in the beginning of May and I hope to be more confident playing on a stick then pad by then. Not likely but maybe I can make good progress in the next 3 weeks.

Rice, could you send me a friend request? I'm not sure we're buds. This also goes out to anyone else.

My gamer-PSN-Live tag is krp1976

I suck and am also using a stick. So free wins

Spiderjericho said:
Rice, could you send me a friend request? I'm not sure we're buds. This also goes out to anyone else.

My gamer-PSN-Live tag is krp1976

I suck and am also using a stick. So free wins

Yeah sure, no problem. BTW do own the PC version. Your name sounds familiar to me but I don't know if we've crossed paths before on the PC version or I've seen videos of you on youtube. I"m guessing your main is Abel?

ACE 1991

Man, I'm getting my ass whooped on even the easiest CPU difficulty setting... I must be doing something terribly, terribly wrong. Training mode hasn't helped a whole lot either. Would anyone be willing to play any teaching games with me at some point this week? That would be rad. my gamertag is: I ACE 1991 I

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Grifter: I'm on PC right now, if you'd like to play. GFWL tag is ExMachina13.

I am super rusty though - this is my first time playing SF4 in a while. ^^;

GGs Kakinfected,

I pretty much sucked. But it was nice of you to help knock the cob webs off. And Cammy, Kak will make you despise her. Our connection was pretty crappy. Do you also play on Live? And the router issue was weird.

And Rice, I have all three versions. The username - krp1976 is the same on all three.

I main Ryu, but I mainly mess with random or Dan or whoever. That's probably my first problem right now. I like ALL of the characters. But I need to focus on one.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
And Cammy, Kak will make you despise her. Our connection was pretty crappy. Do you also play on Live? And the router issue was weird.

Well, you were playing Dan when you fought my Cammy :p

Nah I don't play on Live but I'll be getting Super for 360.

The router problem is really confusing. I have all of the ports forwarded and I've checked to be absolutely sure of it, yet if I bypass my router, I can connect to people I couldn't before.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Grifter said:
No worries, I haven't played since my 360 died. We can warm up together. BRT.
Damn, sorry about the terrible lag. Apparently I can connect to every single Gouken on GFWL just fine (seriously, I just fought 5 in a row in Player Matches) but we can't complete a slowdown-free match. ^^;

Grifter

ExMachina said:
Damn, sorry about the terrible lag. Apparently I can connect to every single Gouken on GFWL just fine (seriously, I just fought 5 in a row in Player Matches) but we can't complete a slowdown-free match. ^^;

Too bad it was jumpy. I tested 4 straight players matches afterwards (the first 3 went 1 game before the host booted me, WTF) and it was about as good as online gets.

Just pulled together my stats.. Oddly not as bad as I thought it would be..

XB360
Playtime: 500 hours and 29 minutes
7292 Total Fights
5050 Wins
69.25% Win Rate
Longest Win Streak: 45

Chars Most Used
El Fuerte - 3028 Fights - 39.13%
Gen - 1521 Fights - 19.65%
Vega - 986 Fights - 12.74%
Ryu - 224 Fights - 2.89%
E. Honda - 208 Fights - 2.68%

Char Win Rates
Sakura - 83.50%
Dan - 83.44%
C. Viper - 82.97%
El Fuerte - 77.17%
Gen - 76.80%

Char Win Rate (Bottom)
Seth - 47.39%
E. Honda - 52.81%
Vega - 61.00% (Thanks AZ Greg)
Blanka - 62.21%
Balrog - 63.51%

PC
Playtime: 223 hours and 45 minutes
4239 Total Fights
3547 Wins
83.67% Win Rate
Longest Win Streak: 59

Char Most Used
El Fuerte - 1698 - 39.36%
Gen - 950 - 22.02%
Sakura - 422 - 22.02%
Ryu - 148 - 3.43%
Abel - 145 - 3.36%

Character Win Rates
Sakura - 96.22% (102 wins out of 106 fights)
El Fuerte - 95.55%
Vega - 92.30%
Dan - 90.81%
Chun-Li - 89.07%

Character Win Rates (Bottom)
Gen - 71.62% (This is due to playing a good Gen while learning Ryu haha)
Seth - 72.72%
M. Bison - 76.60%
Rufus - 76.62%
Balrog - 78.53%

Total Fights Both 360/PC - 11,531 total fights
Total Playtime 360/PC - 724 hrs and 14 minutes

Honestly my playtime seems lower then I thought but of course it doesnt include my local play at other peoples houses etc.

Imm0rt4l said:
GGs Galactic, killer set. Though I'm sure you would have beasted on me had you selected Rog earlier on. Good fights.

GGs. Gouken can be tricky if you give him enough space. I had to pressure a lot and ended up making a lot of mistakes. And you punished hard. :'(

LowParry

gutter_trash said:
GGs Galactic, and thanks for your patience with my TE Stick practice
even on stick, I flub Bison's Ultra for a teleport, lol

I do that all the time now for some damn reason. I think I have Vega's Ultra to blame. I can get that on the fly any time but Bison? Helllll no.

eva01

Meh, don't feel like typing out the stats.

IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

gutter_trash said:
GGs Galactic, and thanks for your patience with my TE Stick practice
even on stick, I flub Bison's Ultra for a teleport, lol

GGs. I mess that ultra up every once in a while and I've been playing on sticks since the 90's. Although I just started playing on Japanese parts when HDR came out. I was always a HAPP guy.

My stats last time I checked. 150 hrs played. 64% winning record. Character Record:

Ryu 50%
Sagat 20%
Gouken 10%
Rose 10%

IIRC characters most often faced were Ryu and Ken, followed by Akuma, Sagat, Rog and Chun. Winning record against all characters except for Bison and Rog.

Threi

notag
Long-ass post ahead:

Here is my primary and oldest one (XBOX, gamertag = threi)

Don't play championship mode at all anymore, I stopped at G2-B:
wb28uh.jpg

29ql7yh.jpg

Purple representin'
1z1qx4z.jpg

Sak and Viper why you so free (matchups at work here)
23qx8pt.jpg

I had a LOT of trouble vs turtle Rogs in the beginning
15q7lmt.jpg

Next up is (PC, gamertag = threi)

Again, barely ever play championship mode
b5iivt.jpg

This winstreak was much later on, when it hit me that I should play footsies with bison instead of blind aggression:
2afimfk.jpg

Much more accurate on my character usage than the XBOX version
mt1led.jpg

Most Akuma players on GFW are scrubs.
bg8avc.jpg

Yeah, I'm free for Seth players.
jfdn5y.jpg

And finally my latest one (PC, Gamertag = jeonjo)

Don't even bother with championship mode or ranked.
5ldniv.jpg

A bit misleading, people usually kick me when I'm winning, and if I'm losing I rematch until they get bored kicking my ass.
2zfs5l4.jpg

My main Trio again, a.k.a. Shadowloo n' Spice
f4ia7c.jpg

Not enough info here, but one thing to note is I did improve on the Bison/Balrog matchup :D
wrj9yr.jpg

Those 16 Honda losses were from one player. Amazing keep out/lameness game.
10r34sl.jpg

I don't have my PS1 saves to confirm anymore but I'm pretty sure SFIV is my most played game of all time (followed by Smash Bros. Brawl which is at ~270 hours IIRC)

Practice makes perfect! Consistent 6-7 hit RSF for Fuerte using Sakura or Fei Long as the dummy.

Though there's still more to work on. Damn you shotos and your hitbox moving backward.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GG's Greg =P. Man our connection is a mess lately... that really annoyed more than usual haha. Oh well, I was repeating the same pattern over and over and didn't change it. I'll get ya next time =P

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
np np, I should have something friday.

Chris Hu fundraiser SF4 video (f. me, NerdJosh, Min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tL30sc1vAM

This was actually the last video that Chris recorded before his house burned down. :/
We'll probably be doing more videos/live streams like this since Super is on the horizon so donate/subscribe to the channel.

Yah. Keep me informed. Time isn't on my side. I hope the amount is good enough to help him and his family get back on their feet. So what's the difference between Teamspooky and FADC stuff now?

Hey, all... Could I please get some recommendations on a monitor setup to play on? I've been playing on a Sony HDTV, and the lag isn't bad, but it's there of course. I'm staying with family so I can be closer to work for a couple of days, and after playing on a CRT, I just have to have 0 lag setup now.

I'm practicing Jab into Fierce HHHS on stick

I tried both Mr.SNK's Piano method and his friend's slide method

the slide method seems to work better for me since my ring finger is too lazy to get a full piano method going

but I found a hybrid way of doing it that works best for me

I piano LP (index), MP (middle) then with index I tap LP and slide through MP to HP and there is goes

Jab into Fierce HHS

I'm gonna continue practicing my hybrid method since my ring

see you guys

gutabo

gutter_trash said:
I'm practicing Jab into Fierce HHHS on stick

I tried both Mr.SNK's Piano method and his friend's slide method

the slide method seems to work better for me since my ring finger is too lazy to get a full piano method going

but I found a hybrid way of doing it that works best for me

I piano LP (index), MP (middle) then with index I tap LP and slide through MP to HP and there is goes

Jab into Fierce HHS

I'm gonna continue practicing my hybrid method since my ring

see you guys
I used to use the same hybrid method for LP into hands, and a variation of it for c.MK into hands(LP+MK, MP, slide LP-MP-HP) until I got better with the piano method.

Have you tried the LP-MP-LP-MP-HP slide method? That was the first method I learned, but liked the others more.

I find pressing c.MK with the thumb and doing with the ring finger's nail the HP-MP-LP-MP-HP slide much easier BTW. My "nail plate" slides better, I guess...

for cr.MK.. I find that a different slide method works best for that one

I do cr.MK with Thumb then with the Index I slide from HP, MP, LP then back to MP, HP

and it comes out LOL

this HHS on stick practice is getting fun.. I should have started doing this earlier

Top Bottom