• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
For those curious, I got the SFIV Theme 4 and took some pics:
sf4t4-b.jpg

More here!

I just installed my PS3 version after playing it since early Friday without the install. The load time before each fight starts is now significantly shorter...

Souther

Banned
This is kinda offtopic....maybe...(found @mmcafe.com)

But..

its not 100% yet i believe but for those of you that like the KOF series as well and are thinking about picking up KOF 2K2 UM.....there is a hidden character in the game that is a pretty popular SF character.(present in SFiV as well)

There is supposed to be an announcement at a later time so it probably ties in with this and thats the reason why..

GUILE..........

TP

Souther said:

But..

its not 100% yet i believe but for those of you that like the KOF series as well and are thinking about picking up KOF 2K2 UM.....there is a hidden character in the game that is a pretty popular SF character.(present in SFiV as well)

There is supposed to be an announcement at a later time so it probably ties in with this and thats the reason why..

GUILE..........
Cool if true, Dan please

spermatic cord said:
What does it mean by "charge" in the command lists?

You have to hold a certain direction for a certain amount of frames (I think it's a little under 2 seconds) to do a move.

I'm having SF4 withdrawals already. I keep playing the game in my mind. I'm using Bison and Rufus in my head against all the characters.

vertopci

Souther said:

But..

GUILE..........

Speaking of which, whats the release date for that or do we have to wait for the announcement to find out?

vertopci said:
Speaking of which, whats the release date for that or do we have to wait for the announcement to find out?

It's out in 2 weeks in Japan. I don't know if they'll bring it to the US. It would make a good downloadable game.

They already have SNK style sprites of most of the SF cast so it's not impossible, if the business relations are healthy.

If true, please let us see a new set of Vs games, in the KoF12 and SF4 engines :D

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Oh man, I really hope there's some SE sticks that DON'T have problems. :(

Would suck to get the stick and then realize that I'll have to go back to a pad until I get replacement parts.

TreIII

GalacticAE said:
It's out in 2 weeks in Japan. I don't know if they'll bring it to the US. It would make a good downloadable game.

If you want 02UM over here, buy up 98UM, and give Ignition and SNK the "mandate" they desire. That's all to be said about that...

Souther said:

GUILE..........

You forgot even more "poignant" thing worth mentioning...

Guile from SvC, is doing more to promote the in-the-works "SNK vs. Capcom Chaos UM"

Couldn't have happened to a better game. It REALLY needed a "UM-style" update in the worst way.

MoxManiac

TreIII said:
If you want 02UM over here, buy up 98UM, and give Ignition and SNK the "mandate" they desire. That's all to be said about that...

You forgot even more "poignant" thing worth mentioning...

Guile from SvC, is doing more to promote the in-the-works "SNK vs. Capcom Chaos UM"

Couldn't have happened to a better game. It REALLY needed a "UM-style" update in the worst way.

Dunno, I don't think there's anything anyone could do to fix that steaming pile of shit. But i'll probably check out the new release out of curiosity anyways.

How do I get Vega to jump on the wall opposite of him?

I keep doing

Down-Back (Charge) then Up-Forward and he either does his Flip kick or he still goes to the wall behind him....

I just don't get it.. I never had this issue with Street Fighter HD Turbo Remix

C Jones

Osaka said:
Oh man, I really hope there's some SE sticks that DON'T have problems. :(

Would suck to get the stick and then realize that I'll have to go back to a pad until I get replacement parts.
It sucks because they are probably going to be rare in my area (the store I got them from only got 2 in), so the chances of me finding a Gamestop that has them in-stock for an exchange is pretty slim.

It shouldn't take you long to figure out something is wrong if your stick is defected. Seems like most people recognize it within minutes of playing (myself included). I've seen a few people say it took longer, but I think it's something most people pick up on within the first hour of play.

MarkMan also said on Shoryuken that MadCatz doesn't think that every stick is defective.

TreIII said:

I have it on pre-order for ps2. And I'll get it on Live Arcade if I get a 360. I supported SNK Playmore by buying every North American release when they came out. Even SvC.. :'(

Unfortunately, I don't get much practice where I live right now because the fighting game community here is Capcom-centric. But I do play on 2k2 GGPO or when I'm in Juarez. Also, I hope to see everyone who wants to see KoF or the SNK scene thrive in the US try to make it out to Raging Storm or Devastation this summer. Here's the thread on SRK for more info:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=173031

Sorry for going a little off-topic there. Just wanted to get that out. :D

Wait a second, I don't get BP if the other player yanks the cord from the wall after I punch him in the mouth? Is this for real?

Clarification: this was after 1 round.

TreIII

MoxManiac said:
Dunno, I don't think there's anything anyone could do to fix that steaming pile of shit. But i'll probably check out the new release out of curiosity anyways.

To be fair, SNK vs. Capcom Chaos was crafted during a really "iffy" time in SNK's life. They wanted a game to capitalize on that contract that they had with Capcom, but clearly didn't have the time or resources all in place to make a truly decent product out of it.

So, like with KOF02's "UM revision", this could be the opportunity SNK gets, to be able to deliver on the title that they REALLY should have given us in the first place. :lol We'll see, but with 98UM doing more to please, and 02UM looking nice as well...here's hoping!

Pachinko

Guys, I know this is a little late in the game with street fighter out this week, but are the HORI EX arcade sticks any good ? I'm talking the plain ones that are just white or black, they cost less then the game themed ones and seem cheaper then the sf4 stick also.

I've thought about grabbing one but it seems I'd need to mail order the damn thing so I'd like to know if it's any good.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I unlocked Seth a while ago, and man, he really takes damage like a bitch - I know that was already known, but damn, not even Akuma took that much in the other Street Fighters...

Teknoman said:
Wasnt 98UM supposed to be an XBLA title?
Yes. Both on PS2 and XBLA. Some SRKers went on Ignition's forums and asked if they could do their best to make the netcode good. Someone from Ignition replied, but they said the release date for XBLA was in 2010! :(

MoxManiac

TreIII said:
To be fair, SNK vs. Capcom Chaos was crafted during a really "iffy" time in SNK's life. They wanted a game to capitalize on that contract that they had with Capcom, but clearly didn't have the time or resources all in place to make a truly decent product out of it.

So, like with KOF02's "UM revision", this could be the opportunity SNK gets, to be able to deliver on the title that they REALLY should have given us in the first place. :lol We'll see, but with 98UM doing more to please, and 02UM looking nice as well...here's hoping!

The thing is, i think they'd have to pretty much overhaul EVERYTHING. It's not really the kind of game that you can just tweak and it's better - the game's problems go really deep. I'll wait and see what they do though - maybe they'll suprise us.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Pachinko said:
Guys, I know this is a little late in the game with street fighter out this week, but are the HORI EX arcade sticks any good ? I'm talking the plain ones that are just white or black, they cost less then the game themed ones and seem cheaper then the sf4 stick also.

I've thought about grabbing one but it seems I'd need to mail order the damn thing so I'd like to know if it's any good.

I'd strong advise against that, because I own one, and although I'm not a stick player and I haven't had that much time playing with it, when I went into the training mode with SFIV to try it out, some moves, like even Ultras wouldn't come out properly...

I'm just counting down the days till my TE comes in, and will only use the Hori for XBLA arcade games or something...

DihcarEM

Skilotonn said:
I unlocked Seth a while ago, and man, he really takes damage like a bitch - I know that was already known, but damn, not even Akuma took that much in the other Street Fighters...

Serves him right, cheapest boss ever when fighting against the CPU.

keanerie

corkscrewblow said:
I'm so tempted to go check Walmart/7-11 again but I can't bare another disappointment.

I went to two today while I was out and about and no nice, though I wasn't surprised there.

And I went to GameStop and pre-o'd the game after canceling my Amazon pre-order (just because it wasn't coming until the 20th - I can't believe you guys managed to get me stupidly hyped enough to not be able to wait a couple days).

I also signed up for the tournament, just for the hell of it. Anybody else around here going to be competing at the GameStop on Powell in San Francisco?

TaKeRx

FourSerioux said:
Man, that god awful pop song from the intro is playing almost every time he's searching, that's going to get really annoying really quick.
that sucks for you. I actually like it. its kinda catchy :p

Pachinko

So ... uh should I buy the hori real arcade pro EX then ? I'm assuming that's what a HRAP EX meant. That's... actually exactly what I was asking about.

but then I see someone else says the stick is no good for SF4.... ?

Idono, on the regular xbox I had some random 3rd party arcade stick with changable oval or ball tops that worked good but not fantastic. It was super cheap though, seems there does not exist a super cheap arcade stick these days.

Syckx

Ronabo said:
So I asked the Gamestop manager that's a rock's throw away from me if they are gonna be getting in the game early and selling it. He said no, I was like, you mean they haven't asked you to drive down to the distro center and pick up your shipment. He said yeah, but they won't reimburse him for gas, so he won't be going.

WTF?!

That's pretty reasonable of the manager, in my opinion. If the company isn't going to reimburse him for driving out of the way, he shouldn't go. GameStop would be the only one to financially benefit from it.

vertopci

Skilotonn said:
I'd strong advise against that, because I own one, and although I'm not a stick player and I haven't had that much time playing with it, when I went into the training mode with SFIV to try it out, some moves, like even Ultras wouldn't come out properly...

I'm just counting down the days till my TE comes in, and will only use the Hori for XBLA arcade games or something...

Umm...are you sure that you just don't suck with it since you aren't used to it? You mentioned not being a stick player, maybe you just aren't used to it yet

Top Bottom