• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Guled

FourSerioux said:
Man, that god awful pop song from the intro is playing almost every time he's searching, that's going to get really annoying really quick.
INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! anyway there is always custom soundtracks and the mute button on your remote. BTW the song really grew on me, I like it now

TreIII

MoxManiac said:
The thing is, i think they'd have to pretty much overhaul EVERYTHING. It's not really the kind of game that you can just tweak and it's better - the game's problems go really deep. I'll wait and see what they do though - maybe they'll suprise us.

Well, I'd like to think that Hakase (the overseer of the UM "series") would acknowledge that much.

I mean, ideally, the game could stand to be re-worked in such a way, that they could add some of the NGBC charas to the cast, and possibly even make for some more Capcom characters, as well. Re-tool everything, and we would effectively have a brand new game on our hands; again, not unlike what's been going with the UM updates of 98 and 02.

So, if you've been paying attention to those games, you'd have a good idea of the kinds of things we may be treated to, as far as re-balancing and production values that go in. That alone is enough to entice me for whatever possibilities SvC UM may present.

vertopci

Pachinko said:
So ... uh should I buy the hori real arcade pro EX then ? I'm assuming that's what a HRAP EX meant. That's... actually exactly what I was asking about.

but then I see someone else says the stick is no good for SF4.... ?

HRAP EX has a far better stick than the SF4 stick. But the SF4 fightstick is easier to mod. If you don't play on modding it EVER, the HRAP EX should be fine

DihcarEM

Do we have any idea on how the PC version of SF4 will be? I mean you can do a lot in 4 months.
PC DMC4 had a simlear delay from the consoles releases and it ended up being a much superior version.
How much better,superior would they be able to make SF4 for the PC compared to the Arcade and homeversions?

Phthisis

Captain N said:
I suck

Can't beat Seth on very easy. 1 round.

It's pretty easy to exploit his AI and beat him easily. As long as you are at mid-range, you can crouch and block while waiting for him to use his charging kick, then sweep him. As long as you're at that distance, he won't do anything other than that move (far range, he'll throw endless sonic booms, up close he'll grab). Sometimes he might suck you close to him, but if you keep blocking, you can sweep him right after he does it.

EDIT- If you're Abel, you can also jump kick him then immediately roll; he'll try and uppercut you and miss. Then rinse/repeat.

mujun

just needed to say how much this game rocks!

playing other people in japan has been 99% lag free, mega tight.

i played against bdizzle yesterday for about 5 minutes and even considering the distance between us it was very smooth.

so happy that the netcode on this holds up.

if kof 98 um and kof 12 allow me to play with my mate in australia lag free(ish) it'll be awesome.

Teknoman

sonicspear64 said:
Yes. Both on PS2 and XBLA. Some SRKers went on Ignition's forums and asked if they could do their best to make the netcode good. Someone from Ignition replied, but they said the release date for XBLA was in 2010! :(

2010? Jeez.

Also now im paranoid about my fight stick. Hopefully it was just a minor allotment of sticks that had that hitching problem.

I will only be able to play this on Monday if stupid DHL shows up at the same they claim they did last Friday.

for Seth's AI, can you turtle him out like most final bosses? that's pretty much the way to beat Gill in SF3, Turtle the son-of-bitch out

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
DihcarEM said:
Do we have any idea on how the PC version of SF4 will be? I mean you can do a lot in 4 months.
PC DMC4 had a simlear delay from the consoles releases and it ended up being a much superior version.
How much better,superior would they be able to make SF4 for the PC compared to the Arcade and homeversions?

Well, who knows. All the DLC could be in, more online options, better resolutions, better netcode.... <shrugs>

rager

Banned
Chamber said:
Definitely not regretting canceling my SE fightstick order in favor of a HRAP3.

Yep. I bought the HRAP3 instead of all that TE, SE crap. I love this stick. Waiting for SFIV, but while playing HDR I was rocking with Guile online 11 victories in a row with the HRAP3.

Best damn gaming investment in a long while.

Ploid 3.0

Dang Sakura kicking the crap out of this guy. Then his friend asks "How did she do that?" Also was pissed at balrog blocking. Charged characters have to press back sometimes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chamber said:
I gotta say, Sakura's english vo is adorable.

You think so? I found it so incredibly horrible I had to change back to the Japanese. I kept all the english speakers on English, though, since they all seem to have better VA in their native language.

DONTO STOPU MEEE! :(

vertopci

DihcarEM said:

Probably superior in every way except maybe the number of players. I imagine the PC community won't be very active. I could be wrong though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
gutter_trash said:
I will only be able to play this on Monday if stupid DHL shows up at the same they claim they did last Friday.

for Seth's AI, can you turtle him out like most final bosses? that's pretty much the way to beat Gill in SF3, Turtle the son-of-bitch out

No, you really can't. He's got a horrible teleport throw that he overuses. It discourages turtling to a large degree.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
It is, alongside the Retail PS2 game.

It's coming out in March

Oh well then, thats better.

EDIT: Markman to the rescue -

"Also, this joystick issue was brought up last week with the factories and I hope to have an answer. Fear not, if you DID open it up, we will still take care of you. Just call our tech support line, check first page of sticky in this forum".

from SRK forums about the Standard Stick.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
So I unlocked everyone but Seth and played online a bit.
My thoughts, awesome game of course lives up to the hype. Feel bad for those watching crappy players playing on that stream, but to each there own.

Again, I really think Gouken will be banned, a 75% combo that's ridiculously easy to pull off is not gonna fly. Even though his normals are pretty lame, once a good play learns him it will be fucking scary, I see him being banned before Seth since Seth has been toned down.

Online play is cool, and like me and Hunats have talked about, its gonna be pretty rare I play online too much as it'll mess up your timing for in person play. For the pro players this won't matter, but if you plan to attend tournys I'd suggest you do the same and find local comp (although local comp runs good online). But that's just me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
thetrin said:
You think so? I found it so incredibly horrible I had to change back to the Japanese. I kept all the english speakers on English, though, since they all seem to have better VA in their native language.

DONTO STOPU MEEE! :(
Yeah, I think most of the English VO's are terrible. Sakura's just seems right to me.

Syckx

Ended up getting a TE fight stick and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. Granted I have only been using it for about a day. In training, I can pull off any move with it 99% of time, compared to maybe 60%-70% on a D-Pad. During matches, my success rate on special moves is around 50%. I'm sticking with it in the hopes that I'll get used to it. I was just a lot more comfortable with the fightpad in actual matches.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Syckx said:
Ended up getting a TE fight stick and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. Granted I have only been using it for about a day. In training, I can pull off any move with it 99% of time, compared to maybe 60%-70% on a D-Pad. During matches, my success rate on special moves is around 50%. I'm sticking with it in the hopes that I'll get used to it. I was just a lot more comfortable with the fightpad in actual matches.

Some people are just better on pad.

I'll gladly take the TE stick off your hands ;)

ElyrionX

I'm getting really confused with all the EX2, TE, SE and HRAP being thrown around. And it seems like some are exclusive to certain consoles (eg. HRAP EX2 only on the 360?) Can someone break it down with links and details about the different sticks available and which one I should go for?

DiddyBop

Syckx said:

trsut me,you'll get used to the stick. its my first time also but im getting alot better as i play matches in hd remix in preperation for tues.

akachan ningen said:
Davedog really sucks at this game.

Heh, I watched a Sagat vs. Sagat match in his live stream. :'( A sad sight to see. I also noticed that neither of the players I was watching would throw when they had the opportunity to do so. They also threw out random ultras expecting them to connect. I don't see how this guy has so many people watching his stream right now.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
RavenFox said:
My opinion is just what it is. You have a problem with that or are you the body guard in the bag?

Was wondering your thoughts on Rose or why you disagree with what he wrote :lol

GalacticAE said:
Heh, I watched a Sagat vs. Sagat match in his live stream. :'( A sad sight to see. I also noticed that neither of the players I was watching would throw when they had the opportunity to do so. They also threw out random ultras expecting them to connect. I don't see how this guy has so many people watching his stream right now.

He has the game.

They don't.

Hell, they praise NeoGAF like some sort of deity.

Akim

Banned
GalacticAE said:

because no one good is streaming and people are in hype mode (including me)

Top Bottom