• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

C Jones

There may be a problem with the SE sticks. A lot of people are experiencing problems with the stick "sticking" to a position on occasion (mine got stuck a few times in the left, down, and up-left positions causing my character to continuously move backwards, duck, or jump backwards when my hand wasn't on the stick). Someone on Shoryuken opened the stick and discovered a loose washer that seems to not only cause this problem but it can also damage the stick over time. Here's the thread (his post is #9)

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176026

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it in this thread.

Xabora

5:21 dr_strangelove1964: I have no idea what this GAF everyone is talking about is all about. All I know for certain is that I want to be on it.

:lol

h3ro

Live Stream said:
5:20dr_strangelove1964:I have no idea what this GAF everyone is talking about is all about. All I know for certain is that I want to be on it.

:lol This is awsome...

CPS2

lawblob said:
Can't stop watching the stream. This game's music is hawt!

Also, noob question, but whats the difference between Ryu and Ken?

Tonnes of stuff... off the top of my head:

-Ken's HP dragon punch is 3 hits, ryu's is one
-Ken's HK tatsu connects on every hit, Ryu's knocks down
-Different arc on the air tatsus
-Different arc on the DPs
-Different overheads, Ryu's is f+MP, Ken's is (I think) b+MK
-Different EX moves, Ryu's tatsu is stationary, Ken's moves forward
-Different supers, Ryu's is a fireball, Ken's is a shoryureppa
-Different ultras, Ryu's is shinku hadouken, Ken's is shippu+shinryuken

Barrett2

UC1 said:
Tonnes of stuff... off the top of my head:

-Ken's HP dragon punch is 3 hits, ryu's is one
-Ken's HK tatsu connects on every hit, Ryu's knocks down
-Different arc on the air tatsus
-Different arc on the DPs
-Different overheads, Ryu's is f+MP, Ken's is (I think) b+MK
-Different EX moves, Ryu's tatsu is stationary, Ken's moves forward
-Different supers, Ryu's is a fireball, Ken's is a shoryureppa
-Different ultras, Ryu's is shinku hadouken, Ken's is shippu+shinryuken

cool, thanks.

charsace

C Jones said:
There may be a problem with the SE sticks. A lot of people are experiencing problems with the stick "sticking" to a position on occasion (mine got stuck a few times in the left, down, and up-left positions causing my character to continuously move backwards, duck, or jump backwards when my hand wasn't on the stick). Someone on Shoryuken opened the stick and discovered a loose washer that seems to not only cause this problem but it can also damage the stick over time. Here's the thread (his post is #9)

I saw this and was thinking of sending the extra money to get the hrap ex instead.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dhrone, sounds like you are just doing it too fast.. If you are getting SRK into FADC, just be sure to fully input the Ultra motion. You have plenty of time to do it. Be sure to go back to neutral on the joystick after the FADC

panda21

apparently PS3 has lag because everyone uses wireless whereas on the 360 a lot of people use ethernet. the proof - lbp lags.

dumb asses

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Quick question, if I were to change the artwork on the SE stick would I place it over the SFIV art or take that off somehow? Also what would be the best type of paper to print it on.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Wow, the SE stick problem thread really freaked me out. I hope my stick will be fine.

Anyone here have a 100% working out of the box SE FightStick? :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
haunts said:
Dhrone, sounds like you are just doing it too fast.. If you are getting SRK into FADC, just be sure to fully input the Ultra motion. You have plenty of time to do it. Be sure to go back to neutral on the joystick after the FADC

huh, i was under the impression that i had to get it in really quick, and i didn't know i had to return to neutral. thanks

haunts

Bacon of Hope
drohne said:
huh, i was under the impression that i had to get it in really quick, and i didn't know i had to return to neutral. thanks

yeah what most likely what is happening is you are holding fwd from the dash and trying to do the ulta too fast so the game is registering it as a dragon punch. Kind of like when you try to do a walk forward fireball you will get a DP.

C Jones

NameGenerated said:
Quick question, if I were to change the artwork on the SE stick would I place it over the SFIV art or take that off somehow? Also what would be the best type of paper to print it on.
Guess you place it over the top. These threads might help you:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175882
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175293

Osaka said:
Wow, the SE stick problem thread really freaked me out. I hope my stick will be fine.

Anyone here have a 100% working out of the box SE FightStick? :lol
Sucks because I'm scared to use it now haha. I was only using it on the HD Remix demo for now until I get SFIV. MarkMan said in the thread that I previously linked that the warranty would be ok even if you open your stick to fix this issue, so I may have to get some glue and fix the washer myself before I use it again.

DihcarEM

Kintaro said:
Seeing Sakura in some matches, she's too cute not to use every once in awhile. :D

She really is, i was suprised how much i liked playing with her. Does anyone know what she say after completing a succesfull ultra? It sound like she says either "Sakura." or "Ultra" in this really cute voice.

Chamber said:
Is mic use common in online fighters? Just wondering if I should spend the money.

I think it could be fun if you use a mic when playing with a friend. You can communicate and practice together, that's atleast what i'm planning to do.

Chamber said:
Well that was a terrible C. Viper. :/

From what little i've played of Viper, she seems like a really solid character. I sucked with her, but you can just feel that this character has some great potential if you try and master her.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
^^^ Heh, those are the two exact threads I had open :p

After seeing all the defects, I'll probably mod my stick, I have the buttons I want but I can't find the JLF-TP-8YT or JLF-TP-8Y sticks on Lizardlick, just the JLF-TP-8T, are they not up there?

Edit: Well they are on the Akihabara shop.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
C Jones said:
Sucks because I'm scared to use it now haha. I was only using it on the HD Remix demo for now until I get SFIV. MarkMan said in the thread that I previously linked that the warranty would be ok even if you open your stick to fix this issue, so I may have to get some glue and fix the washer myself before I use it again.

I'm in Europe though so warranty doesn't help much, I guess I'll just make a backup plan of modding the stick once the stock parts fail. I read that great guide on SRK how to do it step-by-step.

Xabora

2cqedxl.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
drohne said:
i played for like 8 hours last night, i now feel kind of sick, and i'm nonetheless itching to get back on :lol

i've been splitting my time pretty evenly between ryu and guile, and doing about equally well with both -- at least for my current level of play, guile doesn't actually seem that bad, though he's certainly not hd remix guile. wish his ultra did more damage -- it's so rare that you get a good opportunity to use it, and then it's obviously weaker than ryu's or ken's :/

TODAY I SHALL START HITTING RYU'S SRK -> FADC -> ULTRA IN REAL FIGHTS

weird glitch perhaps: it seems like i have the smoothest online matches with people whose network icon is flashing with no bars? i would think that's supposed to mean that the connection is awful? i should probably clear the cache
That means you have an ultra connection.

Ridli

DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!

I can't believe I'm still watching this feed, it's so mediocre but my hype is so high I can't look away.

traveler

Not Wario
Aargh! Still haven't decided what controller to use. I typically have an easier time with the D-pad on the PS3 controller (though it's a bit small for me personally) than I do with a ball-type stick, but I like the buttons on sticks better. Also, while the 360 controller would obviously make the Fightpad a worthy upgrade, I can't tell if it's really better for PS3 users. So, given my preferences and situation, which of these would you guys recommend?

The SE Fightstick
HRAP3
Fightpad

Money isn't too much of an object, but I'd like to only have to buy 1.

mYm|17|

i hate all of you that have the game........................j/k

can't wait for the game next week and my stick the following week

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmm, I figured the anime endings would be more substantial. They really could have done all of that in the game engine.

charsace

traveler said:
Aargh! Still haven't decided what controller to use. I typically have an easier time with the D-pad on the PS3 controller (though it's a bit small for me personally) than I do with a ball-type stick, but I like the buttons on sticks better. Also, while the 360 controller would obviously make the Fightpad a worthy upgrade, I can't tell if it's really better for PS3 users. So, given my preferences and situation, which of these would you guys recommend?

The SE Fightstick
HRAP3
Fightpad

hrap3 since the se has problems.

is the game really not street dated? GS insist on selling it to me wednesday as if the 17th is a real date just because it's on their site.

Teknoman

C Jones said:

Oh crap. Hope mine doesnt suffer from this. I did notice a little hitch in it now and then, but thought it was just me. Nothing that ever made my character keep moving in the same direction though.

DMPrince said:
is the game really not street dated? GS insist on selling it to me wednesday as if the 17th is a real date just because it's on their site.

Its not street dated.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DMPrince said:
My GS says they're selling it on the 18th.

traveler said:

The SE Fightstick
HRAP3
Fightpad

USB Saturn, best D-Pad in the universe

I'm loving my HRAP3 for this so far. It was neat to use on VF5, of course, but it feels like I never would get anywhere in SF4 with all the double and triple buttons you need to use, which can never be configured properly on only 8 buttons.

Ridli

traveler said:

The SE Fightstick
HRAP3
Fightpad

I'm not certain if you mean that you prefer D-Pads to Sticks - but for what it's worth, if I was going to play a six button fighter on the PS3 for any length of time I would much rather use the fightpad than the DS3. The DS3 isn't a bad controller by any means, but getting six face buttons is a great benefit.

Ronabo

So I asked the Gamestop manager that's a rock's throw away from me if they are gonna be getting in the game early and selling it. He said no, I was like, you mean they haven't asked you to drive down to the distro center and pick up your shipment. He said yeah, but they won't reimburse him for gas, so he won't be going.

WTF?!

Jeo said:
So does anybody know how many tracks are on the Collectors Edition OST?
the OST CD that comes with the CE is one disk,
the complete import OST comes with 2 CDs

chance's are it may be a lesser OST in the CE just like GTA4's sorry OST in its CE and MGS4 LE's OST disk that was really bare

starskyj

C Jones said:

I got my SE stick yesterday from Gamestop and it had the sticking problem. I returned it this morning and bought another one from Fry's (Gamestop didn't have any more in stock). Luckily, the new stick I got doesn't have the sticking problem and all is well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TurtleSnatcher said:
So I just played that guy running the Justin.tv stream for two matches.

Vega vs Ryu (Me Vega)
Bison vs Gouken (Me Bison)

Beat him on both matches. :D

Nice. :D

TaKeRx

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I just played that guy running the Justin.tv stream for two matches.

Vega vs Ryu (Me Vega)
Bison vs Gouken (Me Bison)

Beat him on both matches. :D

aww, I was looking for him too, but no avail.

Top Bottom