• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Alright since people have already got copies of the game we decided instead of posting all the character guides at once we will release them a bit at a time until launch come Tuesday. Combo videos will be added over the next week or so..

Hope you guys like it so far, it's been a ton of work!

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Akim

Banned
haunts said:
Alright since people have already got copies of the game we decided instead of posting all the character guides at once we will release them a bit at a time until launch come Tuesday. Combo videos will be added over the next week or so..

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Ahhhhhh, too sick haunts.

haunts said:

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Nice. Pretty much what I expected, but nice. I don't think I'll be using it much since figuring it out for myself is part of what I love about SF.

I am really excited about the challenge system, i am not all that good at fighting games, the last one i got really good at was Soul Caliber for the Dreamcast. So if this can teach me the basics and some of the more advanced moves, while giving me some practice with my hori sitck.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Retards donating for a mod spot in the chat? What hahaha

EDIT: Haunts can you help me with my previous post about Vega?
It probably depends on distance from the wall and the strength of kick button used
In other words, experiment. You have the game at home.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TurtleSnatcher said:
Retards donating for a mod spot in the chat? What hahaha

EDIT: Haunts can you help me with my previous post about Vega?

I think you are doing it right.. thats how I was doing it all day.. Try downforward + hk, hold down forward and go to up forward and do ex wall dive...

whalenapp81 said:
I am really excited about the challenge system, i am not all that good at fighting games, the last one i got really good at was Soul Caliber for the Dreamcast. So if this can teach me the basics and some of the more advanced moves, while giving me some practice with my hori sitck.

It'll definitely help with execution and learning a character's moves. But it won't really teach you how to play, unfortunately. You can always just learn what works as you play or check out sites like SRK to help you out.

keanerie

haunts said:

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Yeah, walmart doesn't have them.

I'm not sure if 7'11's in Vegas sell video games. Mybe they do, since there are about 12,000 in the city.

But I swear either it's been ages since I've walked into a 7-11 (who notices anyway, corner store is a corner store) but I don't ever remembering seeing a video game rack...chips and magazines sure...but video games....really?

PS: As for those wondering about the SE Fightstick, I've been abusing the hell out of it yesterday and today and it's great. I have heard that there are black sheeps out of the factory line regarding the washer causing the stick to get in some directions...but mine doesn't do that. If you get one just keep your reciept, fuck around with it before the 30 day return dead line and you should be fine.

Caj814

haunts said:

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Great write ups so far.I'm definitely looking forward to the rest and using them accordingly :D

execution is what i need help with, if it can help me get the moves down with relative accuracy and help with basic combos, then for me its worth it.:D

Need some help here. I've been playing SF II HD remix on the PS3 for the last few days. MP online is pretty fun, but in SP on normal I can't get past the second fight.

Should I buy SF IV?

Akim

Banned
lol blue blur paid to be a mod in that guys stream...

I can't watch it anymore, 2 horrible people playing each other over and over. Still hyped though..

Solideliquid said:
Need some help here. I've been playing SF II HD remix on the PS3 for the last few days. MP online is pretty fun, but in SP on normal I can't get past the second fight.

Should I buy SF IV?

Of course. Who the fuck plays Street Fighter single player anyway when you have online connection with a game with great network code?

Xevren

Akim said:

I can't watch it anymore, 2 horrible people playing each other over and over. Still hyped though..

Yea I was in there for a little bit, they were pretty bad and the chat was really awful too. Was neat to get a look at the game at least.

Blueblur1

Akim said:

I got some friends that play Gears 2 professionally and these guys are hosting a decent stream so I respect that. Besides, 5 bucks is nothing. :D

Plus, I'm banning kids left and right. ;)

Xabora

Blueblur1 said:
I got some friends that play Gears 2 professionally and these guys are hosting a decent stream so I respect that. Besides, 5 bucks is nothing. :D

Heh,

I normally give them a 10min time out on first offense.
However one dude popped a torrent in there and I banned in half a second later. Asshole.

Blueblur1

Xabora said:
Heh,

I normally give them a 10min time out on first offense.
However one dude popped a torrent in there and I banned in half a second later. Asshole.
Well, that's what I meant. They're all quiet when they come back. :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Blueblur1 said:

Hey, can you send me 5 bucks? Thanks

Xabora

Blueblur1 said:
Well, that's what I meant. They're all quiet when they come back. :D
Lucky, one dude kept coming back and spamming everyone.
I just outright banned him on the 3rd offense.

Teknoman

New comment on my SE unboxing:

"No we havent but Im a tournament champ and uh.. I KNOW you cant beat me. ok"

From the guy who posted the first comment on the video about me needing more practice and being a loser. Asked em if we faught before. Wtf is this stuff?

Haunts you're a beast! I know you've answered this already, but what system you getting it for? If its 360 I can't wait to play the guy who puts his heart and soul into SF4 :D

Volcynika

Teknoman said:
New comment on my SE unboxing:

"No we havent but Im a tournament champ and uh.. I KNOW you cant beat me. ok"

From the guy who posted the first comment on the video about me needing more practice and being a loser. Asked em if we faught before. Wtf is this stuff?

Youtube users lol.

I have people asking me how I did tons of things in VP DS even though the game isn't even out here...

Guled

haunts said:

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY
nice job, thanks specially for the Cammy tips it will really help me out :D Too bad I can't get it in book format

Teknoman

Volcynika said:
Youtube users lol.

I have people asking me how I did tons of things in VP DS even though the game isn't even out here...

Yeah im just glad most fighters...even if they are "tourny champs" arent that snobbish.

Usually dont accept youtube grudge challenges, but this is one I wouldnt turn down.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This stream is cool and all, but I don't think I've seen either the guys hosting or their opponents use or attempt to play with the FA. Interesting.

Snapshot King said:
Haunts you're a beast! I know you've answered this already, but what system you getting it for? If its 360 I can't wait to play the guy who puts his heart and soul into SF4 :D

He's going to play on 360 (unless he's serious about Evo)...but the problem or boon for Haunts is that he plays in an area where there is SFIV competition, so you'll probably hardly see him online...except posting in here or iplaywinner.com.

Teknoman

I think I need to put my SE stick through a little more use. Havent noticed any problems, but I just used the stick for about an hour on its release day.

I just played a rank game against him again with my Vega.. Beat him in 2 rounds again. (I was MINI Pez)

Ryu's that set ultra fireballs from far away are easy to dodge with vega backflip :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just spent probably an hour in the training mode after hours of Arcade Mode, getting Balrog's combos and combos into super/Ultra down pact - when I press my thumbnail it hurts so bad - I haven't had my thumb hurt me so much since back in the day with 3rd Strike on Dreamcast - that good old feeling of playing for hours is back again...

Pachinko said:
So ... uh should I buy the hori real arcade pro EX then ? I'm assuming that's what a HRAP EX meant. That's... actually exactly what I was asking about.

but then I see someone else says the stick is no good for SF4.... ?

Idono, on the regular xbox I had some random 3rd party arcade stick with changable oval or ball tops that worked good but not fantastic. It was super cheap though, seems there does not exist a super cheap arcade stick these days.

Oooooh - yes there is a big difference - the HRAP EX (what you really meant) is much better than the Hori EX2 (which I figured you meant) - that's a good buy...

vertopci said:
Umm...are you sure that you just don't suck with it since you aren't used to it? You mentioned not being a stick player, maybe you just aren't used to it yet

I'm sure it's the stick as it doesn't come out consistently, even though sticks aren't my thiing yet...

I will know for sure once the TE stick comes - oh and if you think I was talking about the HRAP EX, he gave me the impression that he was talking about the Hori EX2...

haunts said:

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY

Great job, Haunts!

Top Bottom