• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

God all Akuma players just take beatings early on to get the ultra how stupid.

Anyways.. Claw is so weak.. I can just feel it :( It makes me sad :(

Oh well.. My win percentage is like 40% right now.. I'm getting smacked around by a lot of these players... all they do is freaking dragon punches its annoying :(

Forgot who was asking about the strategy guide but it is $22.99 at Game Centre here in Toronto. Looked like they only had one left today.

Other than that, I checked out a lot of stores in T.O. today and while I didn't really expect to find the game I was hoping someone would have managed to snag a few FightPads or something.

Nothing... :( Oh well, not too long now.

Xabora

Kintaro said:
:lol Rick rolled and Shamwow'd in text.

Edit: Not a fan of Gouken's English VA.
4:51 clydefrog: kintaro : Rick rolled and Shamwow'd in text. lol

I swear the chatbox there is like a mirror.

Mileena

Banned
So I'm pretty sure I just ordered the wrong buttons for my HRAP3. 24mm will fit fine in a HRAP? I should have gotten the 30.

Chamber said:
Is mic use common in online fighters? Just wondering if I should spend the money.

I'm not a huge fan of it in matches with random people. I tend to search out matches of people playing with out it.

CPS2

corkscrewblow said:
So I'm pretty sure I just ordered the wrong buttons for my HRAP3. 24mm will fit fine in a HRAP? I should have gotten the 30.

24 is for start and select, the main buttons should be 30.

btw the stream isn't boring cos they're all shotos, it's boring because they suck :lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
copybeaver said:
Of the little I've played sf2 hd on the ps3, I don't think anyone has used a mic.

That's probably because a lot of people on PSN don't have mics. When I played Resistance 2 online I'd say maybe only like 25% had mics in co-op MP.

On HD Remix I always turn off mics in ranked matches because people tend to get upset if you beat them or if you play a certain way. I'm not really a fan of trash talk with random people who I'm not friends with. Hearing people whine about your play style (regardless of whether they win or lose) gets old. People who still complain about throws should be banned from playing online haha

In player lobbies its a little more casually and people joke around. Its also fun to make comments when you're spectating.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i played for like 8 hours last night, i now feel kind of sick, and i'm nonetheless itching to get back on :lol

i've been splitting my time pretty evenly between ryu and guile, and doing about equally well with both -- at least for my current level of play, guile doesn't actually seem that bad, though he's certainly not hd remix guile. wish his ultra did more damage -- it's so rare that you get a good opportunity to use it, and then it's obviously weaker than ryu's or ken's :/

TODAY I SHALL START HITTING RYU'S SRK -> FADC -> ULTRA IN REAL FIGHTS

weird glitch perhaps: it seems like i have the smoothest online matches with people whose network icon is flashing with no bars? i would think that's supposed to mean that the connection is awful? i should probably clear the cache

i don't know what i've reduced myself to, seriously this is the longest wait i've ever had to endure (well not since snes days). I'm streaming video from some SF newbie, and i don't mean that in a derogatory way obviously he probably played street fighter at some point in time but probably too long ago and casually at that. I could be playing remix but instead i'm watching some guy play sf4... :/

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
haunts said:
hey drhone, what part of the srk into fadc into ultra are you fucking up in the real matches?

the ultra -- i usually just get an ex srk (or nothing!) instead. i think part of it was just that i was getting tired and missing inputs i'd normally hit, but yeah, if you've got any tips i'd love to hear them

Darkman M

drohne said:
i played for like 8 hours last night, i now feel kind of sick, and i'm nonetheless itching to get back on :lol

i've been splitting my time pretty evenly between ryu and guile, and doing about equally well with both -- at least for my current level of play, guile doesn't actually seem that bad, though he's certainly not hd remix guile. wish his ultra did more damage -- it's so rare that you get a good opportunity to use it, and then it's obviously weaker than ryu's or ken's :/

TODAY I SHALL START HITTING RYU'S SRK -> FADC -> ULTRA IN REAL FIGHTS

weird glitch perhaps: it seems like i have the smoothest online matches with people whose network icon is flashing with no bars? i would think that's supposed to mean that the connection is awful? i should probably clear the cache

Liar your were on atleast 12 :lol

dfyb

Banned
wtf why is this guy playing against CPU?
drohne said:
the ultra -- i usually just get an ex srk (or nothing!) instead. i think part of it was just that i was getting tired and missing inputs i'd normally hit, but yeah, if you've got any tips i'd love to hear them
last night someone was saying you should do your dash input while holding FA so you don't negative edge and pull an ex move, for example.

Top Bottom