• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

rocK`

Banned
Ronabo said:
I really wanna learn to play as Rufus. He looks fun to play. Plus he's the one character I most resemble :lol :D
hmm, I've been playing him for about 6 months now

ask away?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I'd love to have a Boxer wallpaper :D

I've always been a Ken/Ryu player but I've really liked what I've seen of Boxer in videos of this game, so I'm going to start out with him as my main :)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Geezer said:
I'd love to have a Boxer wallpaper :D

I've always been a Ken/Ryu player but I've really liked what I've seen of Boxer in videos of this game, so I'm going to start out with him as my main :)

Sorry, I'd totally do one but I dont have his concept art pic anywhere. :(

I'm trying to fill the time between now and February 17th with some good street fighter content. I of course have Alpha Anthology and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for my PS2, along with CvsSNK 2.

As for SF anime, I only have the movie that comes on the Anniversary Collection disc. Is there anything else you can recommend? I don't have much time to spare so a whole anime series might be a bit much. Are there any other animated movies that are a must watch?

Snaku

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I'm trying to fill the time between now and February 17th with some good street fighter content. I of course have Alpha Anthology and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for my PS2, along with CvsSNK 2.

As for SF anime, I only have the movie that comes on the Anniversary Collection disc. Is there anything else you can recommend? I don't have much time to spare so a whole anime series might be a bit much. Are there any other animated movies that are a must watch?

Street Fighter II The Animated Movie is the only good one. Though I'd recommend getting the uncut DVD. The version on Anniversary Collection is heavily edited, including Chun-Li's full frontal. :D

ashism

DoctorWho said:

I am a bigger fan of the comics myself. For a comic the story is a little lackluster but the cast of characters and fan delivery more than makes up for it. Loving the Super Turbo artstyle.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I updated the first post with more wallpapers, ignore it if you see really really bright colors, Firefox does it for some reason at least for me. When you save the pic, it should have its usual colors.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hey, why the non-sticky? Too soon?

Dropped some cash down and placed a PS3 CE preorder at my local GS. Not sure what, if anything, this means, but I was told that they'd stop accepting PS3 CE preorders sometime this week.

No_Style

Mejilan said:
Hey, why the non-sticky? Too soon?

Dropped some cash down and placed a PS3 CE preorder at my local GS. Not sure what, if anything, this means, but I was told that they'd stop accepting PS3 CE preorders sometime this week.

It must dwindling in supply because Amazon.ca stopped taking pre-orders of the CE versions as well. It was only up for 4 days.

Takuan

jett said:
Guile's alt costume is pretty much Charlie. You'll have to pretend he's wearing glasses. :p
Guile's such a square, though! :( He's got nothing on CHAHLY.
No_Style said:
I don't think you should be passing this off as fact until those pixel counters get their hands on the real game. I'm not saying it's false info, it's just a pre-caution.
Better than telling people it's the same game, when for some the difference might matter.

Guled

Takuan said:
Better than telling people it's the same game, when for some the difference might matter.
I don't think it will matter for anyone. To even notice the difference you need to have the 2 side by side and count the pixels, its not noticeable at all. The version you should get it the version for the console you have. If you have both then just get the version you have the most friends getting. Lets not bring some console wars into this thread

bumpkin

Osaka said:
I've made some SF4 wallpapers before the official thread came out. These are from the official press art, made into 1920x1200 resolution. Really simple, but that's at least the way I like them!
Simply beautiful, man. Nicely done and thanks a bunch! The first Ryu one -- where he's punching -- is now my background. :D

God, the wait for this game is AGONIZING!

Blueblur1

Snaku said:
Street Fighter II The Animated Movie is the only good one. Though I'd recommend getting the uncut DVD. The version on Anniversary Collection is heavily edited, including Chun-Li's full frontal. :D
I watched it the other day via Netflix and my 360. The movie is still pretty awesome.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
bumpkin said:
Simply beautiful, man. Nicely done and thanks a bunch! The first Ryu one -- where he's punching -- is now my background. :D

God, the wait for this game is AGONIZING!

The pleasure is all mine.
emot-patriot.gif

Takuan

Guled said:
I don't think it will matter for anyone. To even notice the difference you need to have the 2 side by side and count the pixels, its not noticeable at all. The version you should get it the version for the console you have. If you have both then just get the version you have the most friends getting. Lets not bring some console wars into this thread
Thing is we've already had a couple of posters who have expressed their dismay at the info in the B3D post. Maybe these guys will be playing on 50+" screens where the downscaling will be more obvious? Who knows? Also, if they're only getting one console version and need to know which is "better", even if it's not immediately obvious, because they want the best value for their money. If it doesn't matter to you, that's fine, but don't pretend the differences aren't there when early indications tell us they are - however minute/insignificant they might be.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
panda21 said:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...7511/SFIV_MEDIA_THREAD__No_CommentsDiscussion

not very big though.. assuming your originals were a bit bigger unless you did a really good job of zooming them?!

if you can do viper, chun and the others would be awesome!

just found some official ones by accident too:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/download.html

Yeah, the ones I'm using are _HUGE_, I just make a selection area the size of 1920x1200, and these guys' upper torsos can barely fit in that area :lol

I'll see to making more wallpapers later on!

Guled

I know that the 17th is the ship date for the game, but what about the sticks and pads? In other words will GS get the fightpad/stick before the 18th?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Guled said:
I know that the 17th is the ship date for the game, but what about the sticks and pads? In other words will GS get the fightpad/stick before the 18th?

My Barnes & Noble (GameStop handles that) order says feb 9th for my FightStick :D Dunno if I should believe that though.

mintylurb

Takuan said:
Thing is we've already had a couple of posters who have expressed their dismay at the info in the B3D post. Maybe these guys will be playing on 50+" screens where the downscaling will be more obvious? Who knows? Also, if they're only getting one console version and need to know which is "better", even if it's not immediately obvious, because they want the best value for their money. If it doesn't matter to you, that's fine, but don't pretend the differences aren't there when early indications tell us they are - however minute/insignificant they might be.
Not long ago people were jumpling to conclusion about the ps3 version's load time based on some youtube video. Spreading speculation as fact isn't what this thread needs. It's just going to turn this offical thread into another console war thread. I think it's best to wait until quaz or other well known pixel counters can verify if any version downscales.

If you're that concerned for others, just make a new thread about sf4 ps3/360 gfx to warn people about the ps3 version's downscaling issue and lack of aa.

Guled said:

I remember seeing the 10th somewhere online but I just can't remember where. Hopefully stores like EB just sell them and don't decide to hold them for the game.

Takuan

mintylurb said:
Not long ago people were jumpling to conclusion about the ps3 version's load time based on some youtube video. Spreading speculation as fact isn't what this thread needs. It's just going to turn this offical thread into another console war thread. I think it's best to wait until quaz or other well known pixel counters can verify if any version downscales.

If you're that concerned for others, just make a new thread about sf4 ps3/360 gfx to warn people about the ps3 version's downscaling issue and lack of aa.
We've got people asking in here already. Why would I make another thread? Why are people even this sensitive to a supposed non-issue? :lol

GAF I NEED A RYU HEADBAND FOR MY AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takuan said:

I'm going to be playing on a 120" screen and I'm getting the PS3 version over the 360 one initially. I think the people upset about it are concerned over nothing. If the b3d link never came out, would anyone have known? Would anyone have cared? Would the game play or even look any different? Please don't turn this into the DMC4 thread where ppl combed over 100x zoomed in images for months trying to prove one version was clearly superior when during gameplay you really couldn't fucking tell the difference while playing. MGS4 and Halo 3 didn't output at 1280x720 and both games were fucking incredible despite being "inferior" by the pixel counter's standards.

Now if the netcode on SF4 sucks as bad as HD remix does, then you could raise holy hell.

Rorschach

Damn. I hadn't been paying attention. The PC release isn't until later? :( Guess I'll have to get one of the console versions.

Akim

Banned
My gamestop says they don't get in the SF4 accessories like faceplates until the release date. Anyone else had luck?

Takuan

bdizzle said:
GAF I NEED A RYU HEADBAND FOR MY AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be playing on a 120" screen and I'm getting the PS3 version over the 360 one initially. I think the people upset about it are concerned over nothing. If the b3d link never came out, would anyone have known? Would anyone have cared? Would the game play or even look any different? Please don't turn this into the DMC4 thread where ppl combed over 100x zoomed in images for months trying to prove one version was clearly superior when during gameplay you really couldn't fucking tell the difference while playing. MGS4 and Halo 3 didn't output at 1280x720 and both games were fucking incredible despite being "inferior" by the pixel counter's standards.

Now if the netcode on SF4 sucks as bad as HD remix does, then you could raise holy hell.
You're 100% right, the differences likely won't be noticeable to anyone playing the game, but the fact remains that people are curious anyway; no one would ask if they didn't care. I have no urge to turn this into a console war (the B3D post and the few others that followed were meant in good fun); I just don't see why people are so quick to defend something that they claim doesn't matter.

About the netcode... I'm keeping expectations LOW. That way, I'll be impressed if it's even remotely playable. :lol

mintylurb

Takuan said:
We've got people asking in here already. Why would I make another thread? Why are people even this sensitive to a supposed non-issue? :lol
I'm not sure when I even suggested this supposed downscaling problem is a non-issue. I just didn't think it was appropriate to pass off some speculation as fact considering not long ago people were speculating that the ps3 ver had awful load times based on some youtube video which turned out to be incorrect.

I suggested you to make a new thread about it because that'll definitely get more attention than just posting such speculation here. And maybe it'll attract all the usual console warriors to that thread and leave this thread to those of us who are geninuely interested in sf4.

bdizzle said:
I'm pretty sure the 360 ver will have better netcode hence why I'm getting that version. Now, I just need to get hold of those elusive TE sticks.

I'm trying to decide if I wanna piss off my wife a little bit and get the fight pad with the game, or piss her off alot and get the fight stick with it...

Edit-Getting the stick. She's already pissed at me anyway! :D

ashism

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
I'm trying to decide if I wanna piss off my wife a little bit and get the fight pad with the game, or piss her off alot and get the fight stick with it...
I was in a similar situation. I decided to push full on silence mode by preordering a TE stick. :D

I do not regret anything.

I know this has been asked to death but I wouldn't even know what page to begin to search for.

But I plan on getting a Fightstick and passing out on the TE. I don't plan on going face to face with Daigo at tournament or anything, but I want a competent stick.

Word from the guys at shoryuken.com and iplaywinner.com say that both sticks are great, with the TE only pulling ahead primarily because of it's weight. (it's about 12 lbs.)

Granted, the TE is using Swanja parts or some shit, but the feel and play of the fightstick is great for the price tag.

Correct assumptions?

C- Warrior said:
I know this has been asked to death but I wouldn't even know what page to begin to search for.

But I plan on getting a Fightstick and passing out on the TE. I don't plan on going face to face with Daigo at tournament or anything, but I want a competent stick.

Word from the guys at shoryuken.com and iplaywinner.com say that both sticks are great, with the TE only pulling ahead primarily because of it's weight. (it's about 12 lbs.)

Granted, the TE is using Swanja parts or some shit, but the feel and play of the fightstick is great for the price tag.

Correct assumptions?

No, the TE is 6.5 lbs

Guled

C- Warrior said:

Correct assumptions?
yup, plus you could always upgrade the parts of the fightstick latter on if you want

outsidah

LOL... in on page 12!

Its going to be so difficult to wait till the 17th... cant wait.. TE.. CE... and fightpad... all X360 :)

Another question:

I didn't grow up on the arcades -- (born in 85') don't know if that puts me in the arcade era or what.

I'm accustomed to a controller for fighting games, and in some instances when I do go to an arcade to play some Tekken; I actually say to myself "man I wish I had a controller."

However, I can't deny the ease sticks give you when pulling combos and two and ones.

Should I learn with a stick (in the rationale that it's truly superior to a controller) or is it one of those things where "you're better with what you're more comfortable with."

Top Bottom