• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oh yeah, believe it or not, I'll pick Dan a lot. Mainly because I actually like Art of Fighting. :lol I h onesyl don't like his inclusion over so many others, but as long as he's there, I may as well try to piss off a bunch of folk trying to beat them with him.

SnowWolf said:
http://www.true-gaming.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16909

This is one of the best OPs I've ever seen. Too bad I can't understand anything here

My Arabic is a little rusty, but that is honestly one of the best written OPs I have read on a gaming forum. Very informative and really well put together and organized.

Not to take anything away from our threads OP (don't get me wrong it's awesome), I am just surprised to see the same enthusiasm and excitement from other gaming communities, in Arabic no less!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I will be playing Honda, and Blanka.

BTW, I think using the "current tier list" in the OP is a bad idea, simply because it's not something put together by respected players in the Japanese community. It's got the extremes right (Sagat, Boxer at top, Vega at the bottom) but it was put together by 2chers, and not anyone known to the community...

It's kinda like GAF putting together a tier list, only 2chers actually know how to play Street Fighter.:lol

CAVE343

Linkhero1 said:
soul fuck :D

I got everything ready. 1 TE Stick, 1 SE Stick and 2 Pads. Can't wait.

Wow that's lots of cash on 1 game :)
and I thought that I was doing great with a CE game, TE Stick and a pad :lol

edit: And I got the day off from work :)

Linkhero1

bad-joey said:
Wow that's lots of cash on 1 game :)
and I thought that I was doing great with a a CE game, TE Stick and a pad :lol
I have 2 brothers :p

I got the SE stick for one and the other got a pad. Extra pad is for guests that prefer pad. :p

Yeah I don't think I'll be buying anything for a while.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i might pick up a pad due to the impossibleness of playing this with a 360 controller.

I am in for 1 TE stick, 360 CE, ps3 CE(maybe).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sorry if the size of the wallpaper thumbnails are too big, I tried making them smaller so that they don't take too much space and Photobucket is being a bitch. Haunts will fix it up later though :) The Sakura one makes for a nice psn theme :D

Well have more stuff soon as well, not quite like the one from the Arabic folks, but at least our asses are uncensored :D

Ill probably main a shoto like usual, but Im pretty proficient with Chunners in most SF's and All the new guys look really interesting and fun to play as, so Ill give them some serious time. I was never good with charge characters except with Guile in marvel vs Capcom 2 since his charges were like .2 seconds for each move, haha

Jeez...Im droppin too much on this game. I got a 230 dollar custom stick with an octagon gate, Im getting the TE which is 230 cuz Im canadian, Im buying the CE(and the regular edition), I took the week off of work (I got vacation, sue me) and I'll buy every piece of DLC or whatnot there is.

Oh well :lol

Edit: Oh! And the Guide.

CAVE343

Snapshot King said:
Jeez...Im droppin too much on this game. I got a 230 dollar custom stick with an octagon gate, Im getting the TE which is 230 cuz Im canadian, Im buying the CE(and the regular edition), I took the week off of work (I got vacation, sue me) and I'll buy every piece of DLC or whatnot there is.

Oh well :lol

I can understand the sticks, but why would you buy the game twice (CE and reg.)?
And a week vacation sounds good haha

So that the next time I speak to a friend of mine and they mention being somewhat iffy about whether or not they want SF I can just throw the game at them and get them into it.

Guled

keanerie said:
The wallpapers are too fukken good...Raging Spaniard you are in a class of your own.
I agree, nice work to both Haunts and Raging Spaniard for such an awesome OP

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Guled said:
I agree, nice work to both Haunts and Raging Spaniard for such an awesome OP

I'm a scrub.. I have a lot of work to do to come even close to how much work Raging Spaniard has put into this.. you guys have no idea how sick the main thread will be by the time the game comes out. Im just fortunate enough to have the inside knowledge. :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No one else maining Dan? No one wants to explore the fun of faking people out with his super taunt cancel? :lol

Behold the power of Saikyo!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
omgimaninja said:
Which artwork of Raging_Spaniard is being used in the instruction manual?

Actually all I did was participate in a contest for the inside cover of the case, the image is this one and who knows if Ill win or not (hopefully they tell me soon, cause I havent preordered the CE yet :D )

Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully once the thread is all done itll look even better :) Haunts pours so much time into the scene its unbelievable, and his hard work shows.

MThanded said:
For those who dont have it already and want a street fighter fix pickup alpha anthologies and anniversary edition for the ps2. Anthologies is a great compilation and it has some hidden games. One of them is alpha 3 upper which has some sf2 characters added in. Im having a lot of fun with this game. Anniversary edition has 3s, enough said. I have a launch edition ps3 with BC so I can play with my vshg.

img1233535792472.jpg

Oh yeah the anniversary edition comes with the 3s soundtrack.

Wait, I don't remember getting that with my Anniversary Edition and I bought that brand new.

Kintaro said:
No one else maining Dan? No one wants to explore the fun of faking people out with his super taunt cancel? :lol

Behold the power of Saikyo!
I'm maining Dan. The Greatest Karate needs more exposure.

Takuan

MutFox said:
What's the difference between the PS3 and 360 versions?
360 version has AA and is true 720p.

PS3 version lacks AA (as does the arcade) and downscales to 630p during close-up supers for some reason. Does not affect gameplay.

There's a real answer for you.

Edit: That Charlie art is awesome. I would pay for Charlie if he was released as DLC, because I love the Capcock.

djkimothy

GAHAHHHHHH!

My Hori arcade stick is in the city but I can't pick it up until tomorrow! The wait is almost over.

Add me if you want to kick my ass and teach my how to properly play SF4.

PSN: djkimothy

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I've made some SF4 wallpapers before the official thread came out. These are from the official press art, made into 1920x1200 resolution. Really simple, but that's at least the way I like them!

If you want, you can put these into the OP!

No_Style

Osaka said:
I've made some SF4 wallpapers before the official thread came out. These are from the official press art, made into 1920x1200 resolution. Really simple, but that's at least the way I like them!

Awesome!

Takuan said:

PS3 version lacks AA (as does the arcade) and downscales to 630p during close-up supers for some reason. Does not affect gameplay.

I don't think you should be passing this off as fact until those pixel counters get their hands on the real game. I'm not saying it's false info, it's just a pre-caution.

jett

D-Member
Takuan said:

Edit: That Charlie art is awesome. I would pay for Charlie if he was released as DLC, because I love the Capcock.

Guile's alt costume is pretty much Charlie. You'll have to pretend he's wearing glasses. :p

bathala

Banned
Osaka said:
sagat one looks awesome

Raging Spaniard

Osaka said:

Theyre awesome, thanks! If you could make the thumbnails the same size as the ones in the OP, that would be even better :) (450x246)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I really dig your El Fuerte art, Spaniard... He looks much better a little wiry like you drew him than he does all in the game, all squat and bulky.

Clipper

G0DLIKE said:
We get both figures in the Collectors Edition, don't we? What's this PS3 gets Ryu, 360 gets Viper shit?
PAL gets both figures. US gets only one. I think the PAL version is missing the soundtrack, though.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Raging Spaniard said:
Theyre awesome, thanks! If you could make the thumbnails the same size as the ones in the OP, that would be even better :) (450x246)

I guess I can crop them out a bit, I just resized them to 450xsomething for my convenience :lol

Say, would you guys like the wallpapers as the zoomed versions, or the ones with the whole pic?

Here's an example of Honda and Blanka:

EDIT: meh, I like them way more as zoomed, I'll make new versions out of them. The originals are still found in the folder, would like if you used the zoomed ones, though.

Top Bottom