• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
haunts said:
C. Viper track is \m/ \m/ :lol

sucks balls this game is available wednesday and not tuesday. X(

I just called Gameslop, and they said they'll definitely have it Tuesday morning.

Take that as you will.

Pachinko

You guys should know by now how release dates seem to work in north america. The west coast will have the game a day or 2 ahead of schedule, then the east coast gets it day off or day before with any american straglers having the shipment show up before a store closes the day of release followed by the canadians getting it only in cities with US to CAN shipping hubs day off and the rest of canada getting it within 2 days of release.

I fully expect to not be able to buy the game until as late as thursday myself. Shit , some games have been as much as a week late here.

Skilletor

Pachinko said:
You guys should know by now how release dates seem to work in north america. The west coast will have the game a day or 2 ahead of schedule, then the east coast gets it day off or day before with any american straglers having the shipment show up before a store closes the day of release followed by the canadians getting it only in cities with US to CAN shipping hubs day off and the rest of canada getting it within 2 days of release.

I fully expect to not be able to buy the game until as late as thursday myself. Shit , some games have been as much as a week late here.

That certainly isn't accurate.

GrayFoxPL

No_Style said:
I hope there will be a DLC stage of the classic grassy field from SFA2.

Then you go online and read: "The challenger doesn't have the required dlc stage. Please choose another stage."

I'm more bummed that there are no bonus stages in console versions. Ono said it couldn't be in the arcades as it was not bussines fasible for owners of the arcades, but why not on consoles? Ono didn't say yes or no, but gave me impression that he would like to do it.

DLC beating up a car please!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
haunts said:
good to know!

Hopefully they ain't lying. I'm thinking it's going to be Tues afternoon honestly- Monday is a holiday for the postal service.

I want to wake up Tue afternoon (get off work at 8am), get something nice, get some SFIV, and just bunker down to grind unlock stuff.

Teknoman said:
So jp language options for specific characters arent there from the start?
Technically, no. You can't decide who speaks which language right off the bat, but the option to give everyone (rather than individually) either English or Japanese voice-overs is available as soon as you boot the game.

Arde5643 said:
HOLY cow is Fuerte's English voice bad (and not the good kind of bad)! :lol :lol
A large majority of the English voices are awful. Seth's is basically the only one I'm remotely okay with, and that's only because he's the Crackdown narrator.

EDIT: for the sake of clarification, a lot of the Japanese voices annoy me as well.

_dementia said:
edit: probably against TOS
Saw your post pre-edit. Nope, we did not.

Arde5643

MicVlaD said:
A large majority of the English voices are awful. Seth's is basically the only one I'm remotely okay with, and that's only because he's the Crackdown narrator.
I actually prefer Rufus' English voice as I think it fits his character better. :lol

Teknoman

MicVlaD said:
Technically, no. You can't decide who speaks which language right off the bat, but the option to give everyone (rather than individually) either English or Japanese voice-overs is available as soon as you boot the game.

Saw your post pre-edit. Nope, we did not.

Oh, well that works then. Guess i'll set everyone to JP first, then after beating it, set some to English.

careksims

MicVlaD said:

That's awesome. Can't wait for Tuesday. GS Manager is gonna' pick it up the box from LAX.

Teknoman

Stabby McSter said:
so do we know why people are coming back from the dead, storywise?
they are dead, right? :<

Who?

careksims said:
That's awesome. Can't wait for Tuesday. GS Manager is gonna' pick it up the box from LAX.

My manager is really hyped about SFIV as well, hoping he goes to pick up the shipment instead of waiting for UPS.

No_Style

GrayFoxPL said:
Then you go online and read: "The challenger doesn't have the required dlc stage. Please choose another stage."

Are all stage dimensions the same? If so, it shouldn't matter what stage you've selected.

I agree with the automobile destruction!

arstal said:
I just called Gameslop, and they said they'll definitely have it Tuesday morning.

Take that as you will.

I talked to a guy at EB in Toronto and he says he thinks they will actually get their shipment on Tuesday.

the lack of Gen footage from streams and etc is increasingly boosting his prospects in my team,
Honda, Bison and Balrog are cement solid in my team no doubt with a dash of Blanka to break the habbits... Gen is going to be my Wild Card, my out-of-the-deck wtf is this Wild-Card

Chorazin

GrayFoxPL said:

I'm more bummed that there are no bonus stages in console versions. Ono said it couldn't be in the arcades as it was not bussines fasible for owners of the arcades, but why not on consoles? Ono didn't say yes or no, but gave me impression that he would like to do it.

I would assume that it would check the Number of stages each person has and limit selection/random pick to only those in common.

Stabby McSter said:
gouken and gen?

maybe i don't even know what i'm talking about :lol
Gouken is anyone's guess, but Gen isn't dead. Akuma defeated Gen, but let him live because he was really sick. That explains Gen looking like a zombie right there.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
SHIIIII HYPPPPE LEVELS OVERLOADED AFTER HEARING THE MUSIC TRACKS

DAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNN

BWHAAAHAHAHA

HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BiggNife

sonicspear64 said:
Gouken is anyone's guess, but Gen isn't dead. Akuma defeated Gen, but let him live because he was really sick. That explains Gen looking like a zombie right there.
What about Bison? Isn't Akuma's appearance in Super SF2 Turbo (where he kills Bison before you get to fight him) canon?

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Darkman M said:
Funny thing is i can't win shit with him, won 20 straight with sagat yesterday online.:lol

I'm not good with him either, but saw my friend using him... Wow, I can only imagine when someone puts in the time to get to know him, he'll be scary good.

PhatSaqs

Banned
n3ss said:
Gouken is broken. Can't wait till he's banned :D
Im not so sure. He's pretty slow and has no reliable AA. His FA is pretty good tho and he can combo pretty well. Havent run into anyone decent with him yet. Sagat on the other hand.....

BiggNife said:
What about Bison? Isn't Akuma's appearance in Super SF2 Turbo (where he kills Bison before you get to fight him) canon?
It says in the manual that
Shadoloo scientists created a new body for him.
Guled said:
story doesn't really matter in SF
Shut your damned mouth! :lol

Souther

Banned
sonicspear64 said:

Akuma let gen live because he is really sick.....What an as*****!! Atleast put the guy out of his misery...

Seems to me he wants gen to suffer.

Ecto311

I missed the reservation cutoff for the limited edition. On walmart.com it shows it but not available in store. Would hitting walmart at midnight be a good idea for the LE or are they not getting it at all?

GrayFoxPL

No_Style said:
Are all stage dimensions the same? If so, it shouldn't matter what stage you've selected.

I agree with the automobile destruction!

Wat? You think it should be like I'm fighting on guile's stage and the opponent has ryu's in our match? Insanity. Anyway, don't think capcom would let anyone fight on a stage they didn't bought :\.

Btw. Dividing online matchups to those who have such and such dlc content and those who don't never did any good for a game. I remember map packs for resistance, soon it became a wasteland.

DihcarEM

Played the 360 online for 3,5hours. Faced off against 4 Sagats, 2Balrog's,1 Chun-Li,1El F, 2 Akuma's,2 Zangief's,2Fei Longs, all the rest were Ken and Ryu.

I didn't notice any lag until i also started up my computer and was downloading some stuff.
And i never challanged anyone, i simply fought in Arcade, never got past the second match, constantly being challenged.

BiggNife said:

Yeah, i was also thinking Bison.

n3ss said:
I'm not good with him either, but saw my friend using him... Wow, I can only imagine when someone puts in the time to get to know him, he'll be scary good.

I think he's an awesome character but he can only be a beast if you master him. He definitely does not play like Ryu or Ken which is a good thing imo.

Top Bottom