• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

n3ss

aka acr0nym
PhatSaqs said:
Im not so sure. He's pretty slow and has no reliable AA. His FA is pretty good tho and he can combo pretty well. Havent run into anyone decent with him yet.

Is A Rival on your friend list? Ask him to show you some of his stuff. He was telling me he showed Alex Valle (Calipower) at the launch party and he was laughing his ass off.

But, besides A Rival and S-kill I haven't played anyone that can use him effectively either. But when someone does...

Accronym changed his name...to his live and PSN tag...

And isn't it a little early to talk about who's going to get banned or not?

What is this game going to do to the arcade community? You can't pick Cammy, Rose, Fei Long, Dan or Sakura in the arcade (and I'm not sure about Seth or Gouken...though I'm sure that is probably an easier fix).

Arde5643

Spiderjericho said:

What is this game going to do to the arcade community? You can't pick Cammy, Rose, Fei Long, Dan or Sakura in the arcade (and I'm not sure about Seth or Gouken...though I'm sure that is probably an easier fix).
So the final word on the arcade version is that they'll never receive the console characters?

That sucks since it will most likely kill the awesome SF4 arcade community built so far.

PhatSaqs

Banned
n3ss said:
Is A Rival on your friend list? Ask him to show you some of his stuff. He was telling me he showed Alex Valle (Calipower) at the launch party and he was laughing his ass off.

But, besides A Rival and S-kill I haven't played anyone that can use him effectively either. But when someone does...
Yeah i'll have to get some games with him. Played Alex a ton the other night. Already a beast with Fei. Nice connection too considering the distance.

Teknoman

Stabby McSter said:
gouken and gen?

maybe i don't even know what i'm talking about :lol

Well about Gen:

A former assassin using a Chinese ansatsuken art, Gen learned that he had a fatal disease. He decided to find a opponent strong enough to give him a death match. He found Akuma, but when Akuma realized that Gen was ill, he left. Gen found Akuma again, but didn't kill him. Gen is probably dead now. He's not the grandfather of Yun and Yang, but a friend of their father Lee. He's also a friend of Chun-Li's father and taught her some moves. - Fighters Generation website

So he didnt really die I guess. Gouken on the other hand I dunno.

Souther said:
Akuma let gen live because he is really sick.....What an as*****!! Atleast put the guy out of his misery...

Seems to me he wants gen to suffer.

Its more of an honor thing or...sympathy? Probably kind of like how you might not do your absolute best against a person with a terminal illness.

bobbyflay

Neo Member
zodiak said:
lol, what's your problem :lol

I'm just tired of all this CANT WAIT TILL HE'S BANNED talk before people really play the game enough

..not trying to start any shit here

I think my point is valid, but go ahead and dock me messageboard nerd points if that's what needs to be done

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Spiderjericho said:

Had it changed since I use n3ss on shoryuken and enter tournies as n3ss.

I'm, not sure if it is too early since people will be watching it very closely since evo is right around the corner. But Gouken could be easily fixed, just tone down the crazy damage he does.

As for arcade updates...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I really wouldn't consider to qualify Gouken as broken at all - I've played quite a bit with him, and there's not really much that puts him in at that level - there are other characters that are way better than him...

I think the same about Seth also - dude has a ton - and I mean - TON of versatility and options, but he just doesn't do that much damage, and boy does he take it hard - I'd even say that he takes too much damage...

I don't think either character should be banned at all...

Caj814

Question for someone that has the game.

Is it true that there are no character themes for Gen,Dhalsim,Blanka and the others?From the vids I saw it seems like character themes not only play during arcade rival battles but survival mode too,where you fight every character in small groups at a time(Fight the new SF4 characters,Original World Warriors,4 Bosses,Console Exclusives etc)

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Skilotonn said:
I really wouldn't consider to qualify Gouken as broken at all - I've played quite a bit with him, and there's not really much that puts him in at that level - there are other characters that are way better than him...

I think the same about Seth also - dude has a ton - and I mean - TON of versatility and options, but he just doesn't do that much damage, and boy does he take it hard - I'd even say that he takes too much damage...

I don't think either character should be banned at all...

If there is any type of ban Gouken will be the first. Seth was toned down.
I know many of you don't feel like he's that good, but seriously, the guy has a easy 75% damage combo. I've talked to a couple top players and they agree that there might be a chance that he'll get the ban.. But of course its not set in stone and theres a good chance it might not happen. I'm just stating from what I saw its very possible.

Arde5643 said:
So the final word on the arcade version is that they'll never receive the console characters?

That sucks since it will most likely kill the awesome SF4 arcade community built so far.
I don't think Spiderjericho said anything about a final word. And what arcade community are you talking about exactly? I don't exactly see players migrating over to the console versions exclusively any time soon.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
bobbyflay said:
I'm just tired of all this CANT WAIT TILL HE'S BANNED talk before people really play the game enough

..not trying to start any shit here

I think my point is valid, but go ahead and dock me messageboard nerd points if that's what needs to be done

Umm, I've played the game for a bit (ie: Months). Not seriously of course, cause at first I didn't care for the game.

Your point is valid, but so is mine and the top players that I've talked to about this.
And yes, I do enter tournys.. Do you?

Keystone II son!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
sonicspear64 said:
I don't think Spiderjericho said anything about a final word. And what arcade community are you talking about exactly? I don't exactly see players migrating over to the console versions exclusively any time soon.

Yup there has been no final verdict on this yet... Hope we see a upgrade as well, but wonder whats gonna happen to the US arcades since its bootlegged version.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Caj814 said:
Question for someone that has the game.

Is it true that there are no character themes for Gen,Dhalsim,Blanka and the others?From the vids I saw it seems like character themes not only play during arcade rival battles but survival mode too,where you fight every character in small groups at a time(Fight the new SF4 characters,Original World Warriors,4 Bosses,Console Exclusives etc)

I've beaten the game with everyone twice already, but I honestly can't remember hearing those specific themes you mentioned - I'll reach a rival with one of those characters real quick to check it out...

n3ss said:
If there is any type of ban Gouken will be the first. Seth was toned down.
I know many of you don't feel like he's that good, but seriously, the guy has a easy 75% damage combo. I've talked to a couple top players and they agree that there might be a chance that he'll get the ban.. But of course its not set in stone and theres a good chance it might not happen. I'm just stating from what I saw its very possible.

Oh no doubt he's got a couple serious-damage combos, but there are other characters that have more opportunities to do big damage, with more set-ups to do so...

I will agree though that his grab into Shin Shoryuken is way too easy though...

bobbyflay

Neo Member
n3ss said:
Umm, I've played the game for a bit (ie: Months). Not seriously of course, cause at first I didn't care for the game.

Your point is valid, but so is mine and the top players that I've talked to about this.
And yes, I do enter tournys.. Do you?

Keystone II son!

my apologies, lets all be friends here

Caj814

sonicspear64 said:

I actually think the arcades shouldn't worry about an update.SFIV runs off PC hardware and I don't think Capcom would miss an opportunity to keep those players at the arcade for some real 1 on 1 play(online will never replace that).I honestly think there will be an update before or a little after the PC version is available at stores.

Arde5643

sonicspear64 said:
Mostly Arcade Infinity's - I think there are a lot of good players there. :D

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Caj814 said:
I actually think the arcades shouldn't worry about an update.SFIV runs off PC hardware and I don't think Capcom would miss an opportunity to keep those players at the arcade for some real 1 on 1 play(online will never replace that).I honestly think there will be an update before or a little after the PC version is available at stores.

We all hope

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just remembered as I got to Blanka's rival fight - the theme that plays is always the theme of your rival, not your own...

And I don't know which character to choose to have any of those characters mentioned to appear as a rival - sorry man...

I guess my only issue or "view" would really be the Japanese players. Daigo has invested some serious Yen into the title...as well as countless other players.

And despite what Capcom tells us about Japanese retail (OMG...SF Whores buy out SFIVs)...SFIV will probably have the greatest popularity in the Japanese arcade (just like Tekken 6 and VF5).

So my point was how would they create a happy middle for the U.S. where most will play via console...and Japan where a minority will play console...and the elite will play arcade? It doesn't seem to create a unified community.

Like Evo is playing host to HD Remix...but SBO...no...

They've cut the audience in half (in Japan). Having said that...Capcom did rerelease SFA3 in the arcades with the console characters...

And man...I hope the PC version is like DMC4 and Lost Planet...

Akim

Banned
n3ss said:

Wait...Alex Valle = Calipower

mind blown

I don't feel so bad getting absolutely smashed now.

BiggNife

Guled said:
story doesn't really matter in SF
Oh I know. I was just curious how on earth they would be able to explain that.

But apparently Capcom also used the
"new body"
excuse to explain why SFA3 Bison looks different from SF2 Bison, so it makes sense that they would do that again. Thanks for clearing that up sonicspear.

Caj814

Skilotonn said:
I just remembered as I got to Blanka's rival fight - the theme that plays is always the theme of your rival, not your own...

And I don't know which character to choose to have any of those characters mentioned to appear as a rival - sorry man...

I think you have to go through Survival(er Challenge Mode) mode and face Blanka there.For every other character their own theme should play instead of the original backgrounds music.

EDIT:It's demonstrated here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwYnkywhMwU&fmt=18

It'll be fine. People make jokes about Capcom re-releasing every Street Fighter game with minor updates a billion times. I don't see why SFIV can't be the same way.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Caj814 said:
I think you have to go through Survival mode and face Blanka there.For every other character their own theme should play instead of the original backgrounds music.

Ah okay then - I haven't tried any of the challenge modes yet, but I'll keep a lookout (or ear) for those themes whenever I start with those...

Teknoman

gutter_trash said:
I don't think Balrog(US), Vega(US), Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen have their themes remixed in the game

which is discrimination IMO

Looks that way. Would've really wanted to hear Dhalsim, Vega, and Balrog remixed.

n3ss said:

Please elaborate on some of his broken stuff. All of his moves that knockdown seem to send his opponent flying across the screen, so when exactly does he get to apply pressure and have a chance to land his big damage?

Shoryuken is probably better than his combination of rising hurricane kick and counter moves. 2 hit EX fireball is probably better than his 2 way EX fireball.

What is everyone so worried about this guy for?

Throw into ultra is the only thing obviously really good about him.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
gutter_trash said:
I don't think Balrog(US), Vega(US), Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen have their themes remixed in the game

Im listening to the Brazil stage theme right now, if thats not for Blanka then I have no clue who its for :p

Xabora

Conspiracy Start!
24zxkao.jpg

Conspiracy is a lie!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
None of them look alike, Capcom characters were designed by Daigo who works for Capcom.

You theory fails hard, sorry.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
yeb said:
Hey n3ss, since you seem to be following this topic, get on XBL. >_>

Oh, get my message?

I'd love to but not at home, won't be till 8ish Cali time. :(

I hear you got a good T. Hawk :D

yeb

n3ss said:
Oh, get my message?

I'd love to but not at home, won't be till 8ish Cali time. :(

I hear you got a good T. Hawk :D
Ah, ok, that's fine.

My avatar on SRK is a crying T.Hawk over a SF4 logo. Haters be damned.

gutter_trash said:

I can tell you that Boxer has his theme in the game because I've heard it. I don't know about the others you listed though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Raging Spaniard said:
None of them look alike, Capcom characters were designed by Daigo who works for Capcom.

You theory fails hard, sorry.
After looking at Beatrice in action I can see some of the similarities. It doesn't prove anything but I think it's too early to completely dismiss any possible links out of hand.

Beatrice

Crimson Viper

Top Bottom