• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looking at all of the advertisements around my area, these stores really think the 18th is the hard and fast street date. Oh well, I took that day off anyway.

Cheech

smik said:
going for the Ps3 version for this one, Ps3's pad & better online competition ='s sold

Well, if by implication the 360 has worse online competition, it might be the version for me. :lol

P.S. Your avatar is broken.

akachan ningen said:
they're not pure charge characters. they can both punish with moves that require no charge.
LOL so basically the only PURE charge characters are Dictator and Guile?

Since Blanka has electricity, Chun has Lightning Legs, Honda has Hundred Hands, and Boxer has TAP (doesn't require a held direction, so I don't know if he fits into your definition of a PURE charge character or not).

In any case, even when you don't have charge, you punish with normals. For example Boxer/Guile c.HP for anti air. It's not a big deal.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
donkey show said:
Fuck yes. Another convert.

Remember, you're IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!!!

That main theme better be on the CE soundtrack disc. We're having an office-wide Street Fighter 4 tournament at work next week and I want to intro folks using that glorious piece of aural bliss.

Blutonium

Any Dutchies here that got the game already? Bol.com already has it so I'm gonna order it right now. Order before 21:00 and it's in the mail tomorrow.

Kintaro said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjhu8k9MPc&feature=related

Gouken's trail mode. Dude is boss. He looks like another character where you need precision to really play to his strengths. Especially after watching that stream yesterday. Looks like a shoto, but plays like a different beast altogether.
While I was watching that video, I was just waiting for back throw into ultra combo to be shown so I could complain about how much bullshit that is! :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blutonium said:
Any Dutchies here that got the game already? Bol.com already has it so I'm gonna order it right now. Order before 21:00 and it's in the mail tomorrow.

Me and all of my other friends got ours on Friday!

Just turned the 360 on, it's go time again!

I received a 25 dollar gift card for Kmart in the mail. I got it by redeeming my Sony card rewards points. 5 minutes ago, I found a 5 dollar off coupon online from Kmart. Apparently you get a 5 dollar coupon for instore use (and another one for online use) for signing up for their ad.

Basically, I will end up getting SF4 for 30 bucks plus tax.lol

En-ou said:
anyone know how i can unlock alternate costumes? are there even alternate costumes at all? or just color changes?

You need to buy them off of PSN/Xbox Live. They aren't available yet though. First set goes up the 17th.

Barrett2

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I received a 25 dollar gift card for Kmart in the mail. I got it by redeeming my Sony card rewards points. 5 minutes ago, I found a 5 dollar off coupon online from Kmart. Apparently you get a 5 dollar coupon for instore use (and another one for online use) for signing up for their ad.

Basically, I will end up getting SF4 for 30 bucks plus tax.lol

Nice. I have a $10 Best Buy coupon I will be putting towards SF4. Always feels good to get a deal.

Tr4nce

Blutonium said:

For what price? I ordered at CD-wow.nl for 39,99 Euro's. But it's not gonna be in the mail tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Choices, choices!

Captain N

No one answered me before so here goes. What are some easy ways to unlock icons?

I'm probably the worst player here. 92 matches online last night. Not a single win.

Captain N said:
No one answered me before so here goes. What are some easy ways to unlock icons?

I'm probably the worst player here. 92 matches online last night. Not a single win.

I'll probably find a way to be worse than that.

Barrett2

Captain N said:
92 matches online last night. Not a single win.

I would like to make fun of you right now, but I doubt I will do much better.

Makes me think of my younger days playing the first SF2. I was destroying all of my friends at school, and thought I was pretty good at the game. One night at Fuddruckers with my family I challenged an older kid to play, and his Chun Li destroyed my Ryu over and over and over... It was like the scene in Platoon, gunned down in slow motion.

Kintaro said:
Looking at all of the advertisements around my area, these stores really think the 18th is the hard and fast street date. Oh well, I took that day off anyway.

that's why I said earlier vast majority of people will get it Wed

lawblob said:
Nice. I have a $10 Best Buy coupon I will be putting towards SF4. Always feels good to get a deal.

A FELLOW CHEAPIE IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guled

Captain N said:

try the different challenge modes (time trial and survivor)

Captain N said:

You want wins? Don't jump unless you really, REALLY have to, and don't worry about pulling off complicated moves; just stick with what you know.
I assume you don't know how to properly rush someone down, so just be patient and wait for your opponent to do a move that leaves him wide open and hit him.

Then once you get tired of playing online, go into training mode and practice combos that you can use to punish your opponent when he's open. Remember that training mode and trial can show you how to do combos, but not how to play against a living, breathing person.

But seriously, if you don't feel comfortable pulling off moves, don't do them until you are.
As my friend always says, "Don't do moves."

Kintaro said:
No.. its because Capcom is shipping to many of their warehouses on the 17th..

If it isn't street dated that doesnt mean its just goign to magically show up days in advance before release date unlike every other game that comes out this year.

Most crap is shipped to warehouses on the the ship date.

ashism

2 pages of main theme discussion and we don't have full lyrics yet? I must know every word exactly to sing this to my lady. She hates this song with a passion after 2 days, and I told her she needs to get used to it from now on.

Singing it in the car seems like a viable option too.

Captain N, let's go suckfest together. Add me, gtag: smashism

LowParry

ashism said:
2 pages of main theme discussion and we don't have full lyrics yet? I must know every word exactly to sing this to my lady. She hates this song with a passion after 2 days, and I told her she needs to get used to it from now on.

I believe this is something a little more epic to learn :D Maybe.

http://www.gamesradar.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=57576

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DoctorWho said:
You need to buy them off of PSN/Xbox Live. They aren't available yet though. First set goes up the 17th.

You can get the first set now if you buy it off the Japanese XBL martketplace/PSN store.

Blueblur1

Hey guys I pre-ordered an SE Stick from Amazon a couple days ago expecting it to arrive some time in mid or late March. The delivery estimate reads:

Delivery estimate: February 19, 2009 - February 25, 2009
Does it appear that way for everyone who's orders have been delayed? It seems very odd to me that its even showing a date close to the current one.

Guled

ashism said:

I can feel it coming over me
I feel it all around me
I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
There's a fire deep inside of me
it's waiting to come out now
no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

cuz when the road feels too long
I'll still be holding on
I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Indestructible
I wont let nobody break me down
Indestructible
nothings gonna stop me now
Indestructible
gonna gonna make gonna keep on going
Indestructible
the last man standing

I'm ready for whatever
I'm never giving up
nothing can break my spirit
cuz it's indestructible

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
donkey show said:
Hell no. :D

Anyway, screenies from the night before.

dssfscreens1.jpg

dssfscreens2.jpg

dssfscreens3.jpg

dssfscreens4.jpg

dssfscreens5.jpg

dssfscreens6.jpg

Motherfucking SHAM-WOW!

For a every pic that is posted of the game, a piece me dies. I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!!

Top Bottom