• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ashism

Captain N said:
I am trying to beat the arcade mode with c.viper and there is no way Seth is on very easy.
F+HK, F+HK, x29291. When hes knocked down, focus attack loop him, on very easy he only piledrived me out of it a couple times.

Barrett2

Relix said:
Ah fuck =(.

At least I'll have time to study for a test of wednesday :lol

Same here, I have a 25 page research draft due on the 24th, even after getting this I won't be able to touch it for a week. :lol

Arozay

Doubly shafted being Australian + PC gamer...

Gonna have to cope with playing it at a shitty arcade with a shitty joystick until Capcom pull their shit together. Or steal my mates Xbox

ACH1LL3US

donkey show said:
It's a Mitsu 52" WD-52631 1080P DLP but I really wouldn't recommend it for fighting games if you want to be full on timing perfect. I notice the input lag and granted it's rather minor, it's enough to throw me off a bit and it gets worse when playing online.

After my friends left that night, I moved the Triple to my GDM-FW900. Granted it's only 24", it's the best motherfucking CRT monitor evar and has no input lag whatsoever. I need my timing and I'll sacrifice size to have it. Good thing it's widescreen and goes beyond 1080p. :D

Could you show some more pics of SF4 on your FW900 pretty please!! Or any game on that monitor, I really want to get a FW900 but I cant find any :(

Captain N

ashism said:
F+HK, F+HK, x29291. When hes knocked down, focus attack loop him, on very easy he only piledrived me out of it a couple times.

That totally worked! Does that work with all the characters?

Zophar

Does anyone know if this will be on store shelves Tuesday or is that just the shipping date? I can't bear the wait any longer.

edit: durr, I should read the thread before responding.

I'm such a sucker. I forgot how addicted I was to SF2 and all the incarnations back in the day. I got PS3 SFIV and a HRAP3 and I've played about 6 hours so far (3:30am now).
Network code seems nearly perfect (only had minor problems twice). I can't stop pretending I'm in an arcade and challenging fools.

BTW - I'm also picking up the 360 version too but haven't decided what stick to get with it. Anyone have any suggestions?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ddk said:
I'm such a sucker. I forgot how addicted I was to SF2 and all the incarnations back in the day. I got PS3 SFIV and a HRAP3 and I've played about 6 hours so far (3:30am now).
Network code seems nearly perfect (only had minor problems twice). I can't stop pretending I'm in an arcade and challenging fools.

BTW - I'm also picking up the 360 version too but haven't decided what stick to get with it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Rockity rock. I've already sold a copy to my younger brother and my sister's hubby who haven't played Street Fighter since SFII. They're so excited to grab it within the next few days.

I'm seriously hoping my netcode (Australia) works well against Japan. Last thing I want to be doing is facing off against the scrubs in my own country.

mmxzero

I saw in the online ToysRUs flyer that you get a free Chun-li figure when you buy SFIV in store through Feb 21st if anybody was interested, it looks like the same Chun-li figure in that review code box from post #5925.

I'm so pumped for SFIV, been reading this thread way too much:D Wednesday can't come soon enough, it'll be a good reward after 3 exams this week.

Buccket

Neo Member
Anyone else having really bad network performance online? I'm only seeing red connections and the screen stutters like crazy while fighting. Other games play fine online.

Blueblur1

haunts said:
Alright since people have already got copies of the game we decided instead of posting all the character guides at once we will release them a bit at a time until launch come Tuesday. Combo videos will be added over the next week or so..

Hope you guys like it so far, it's been a ton of work!

RYU

SAKURA

VEGA

CAMMY
That's a fantastic guide. I can't wait to see the rest, haunts. Great work!

Zapages said:
music links
Thanks for posting these! I'm listening to Guile's theme right now.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah I really really like the soundtrack of this game. I respect OCR and the stuff they did in HDR, but you just cant compare with actual Capcom composers and remixers.

Ronabo

My local Best Buy had a bunch of guides in. I Chun-Li pad in. No sticks or games in. I asked a dude to sell me a copy of the game. He said they didn't have it yet. I called him on it saying that their website shows them having it in stock. He said that their computer sucks. Yeah right.

speedpop said:
Rockity rock. I've already sold a copy to my younger brother and my sister's hubby who haven't played Street Fighter since SFII. They're so excited to grab it within the next few days.

I'm seriously hoping my netcode (Australia) works well against Japan. Last thing I want to be doing is facing off against the scrubs in my own country.

Let me know when you get it. I'm on a fiber connection so things should be OK from my side. Hopefully you'll be OK.

this is gonna sound so nerdy but, damnnnnnn this game is so gooddddd :D

Teknoman

darkpaladinmfc said:
I think you only hear character themes in arcade :(. Unless you can change the music in stages?

Wouldnt the character theme play when fighting their rival in versus mode?

haunts said:
yeah that song is cool even though it doesnt fit the stage. :lol

Yeah the first time I saw screenshots of that stage, I thought they'd go for a hip-hop/SF3 like.

EDIT: Guile, El Fuerte, and Sagat's are great...actually the whole soundtrack is:lol

No_Style

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah I really really like the soundtrack of this game. I respect OCR and the stuff they did in HDR, but you just cant compare with actual Capcom composers and remixers.

Just after listening to Ryu's theme, I wholeheartedly agree. And I was a fan of OCR's work.

BTW, does anyone know if the CE has the entire roster's soundtrack? I'm presuming yes?

Edit: Holy shit! @ Ken's theme. Chills! Viper's theme is rockin' :lol Very impressed with this soundtrack!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ronabo said:
My local Best Buy had a bunch of guides in. I Chun-Li pad in. No sticks or games in. I asked a dude to sell me a copy of the game. He said they didn't have it yet. I called him on it saying that their website shows them having it in stock. He said that their computer sucks. Yeah right.
The website is preorder availability, not what they have right now...this was discussed a few days ago in this thread. Its the stocking system (RSS) that actually tells you what each store has at that moment and no Best Buys have it yet...Ive been checking the system each day at work.

dssfscreens5.jpg

Move over, God of War 3. Your painting status is challenged.

polyh3dron said:
dssfscreens5.jpg

Move over, God of War 3. Your painting status is challenged.

This doesn't actually look like it is from in the game. It must be from the artwork section... right?

I don't mind being wrong though.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
DoctorWho said:
This doesn't actually look like it is from in the game. It must be from the artwork section... right?

I don't mind being wrong though.
No thats definately in-game. Its the volcano stage.

Teknoman

So basically, the best way to use ultras is to link them right? Its probably going to take me a little practice to use focus attacks and FADCs in decent ways too.

Top Bottom