• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
CcrooK said:
Please point out hose similarities. Because I don't see any.
In addition to the obvious outfit and hair style similarities C Viper's Seismic Hammer looks similar to one of Beatrice's moves. I even linked straight to the move in those youtube videos.

I don't think anyone can argue that those two characters don't have notable similarities. The only debatable part is how similar they are and whether it was a conscious decision or just a strange coincidence.

For those of us who didn't or couldn't get the CE version, does Capcom plan on releasing the anime OVA as a stand alone any time soon? Man do I feel stupid for not pre ordering now :\

Caj814

Rice-Eater said:
For those of us who didn't or couldn't get the CE version, does Capcom plan on releasing the anime OVA as a stand alone any time soon? Man do I feel stupid for not pre ordering now :\
there's still a chance that you could pick it up from a best buy store since they usually have exfra CEs of games sitting out

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
SapientWolf said:
In addition to the obvious outfit and hair style similarities C Viper's Seismic Hammer looks similar to one of Beatrice's moves. I even linked straight to the move in those youtube videos.

I don't think anyone can argue that those two characters don't have notable similarities. The only debatable part is how similar they are and whether it was a conscious decision or just a strange coincidence.

Dude, what? they both have a ponytail and a suit, thats it. The other two are white and fat, thats it. Thats like saying Akiras design is inspired by Ryus.

People look waay too much into this stuff ;)

qcf x2

A lot of the stages in SF4 look like stages from other games, notably King of Fighters. But who cares? There are enough differences that the argument can be made that there are only so many locales (or character design traits) you can reasonably use.

Dru took the words right out of my mouth. I don't see any significant similarities between C.Viper (who I think is the superior character) and Beatrice. However, if there is any similarity, it's not a big deal since Rumble Fish was developed by Dimps, who is also the co-developer of Street Fighter 4. I'm pretty sure that if they noticed a striking similarty in character design, they would have told Capcom "Hey guys, what the f*ck?". With that said, Rumble Fish sucks anyway.

Prezhulio said:
quick question, what's the translation of the 4 different symbols that pop up on akumas ultra connecting?
This should answer your question:
Beikoku Taichou from SRK said:
The kanji that appears during Gouki's ultra is "One instant, 1000 strikes." Followed of course by the big red "Heaven".

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
CorruptionDee said:
Dru took the words right out of my mouth. I don't see any significant similarities between C.Viper (who I think is the superior character) and Beatrice. However, if there is any similarity, it's not a big deal since Rumble Fish was developed by Dimps, who is also the co-developer of Street Fighter 4. I'm pretty sure that if they noticed a striking similarty in character design, they would have told Capcom "Hey guys, what the f*ck?". With that said, Rumble Fish sucks anyway.
:lol I just find it funny that people are so defensive about it. It's not that serious.

Teknoman

After hearing the SFIV character themes...I really wish the Street Fighter Little big planet pack included Zangief, Ryu, Guile, and Chun-li's themes. Would've been great.

i always considered myself an intermediate player, but i must admit, some of the strategies and things posted on SRK are fucking blowing my mind :O

i am starting to see the light.......

EDIT: i forgot to mention, check your weekly ads in the newspaper, certain stores say they will have the game on tuesday by 1 pm

Takuan

EraldoCoil said:
i always considered myself an intermediate player, but i must admit, some of the strategies and things posted on SRK are fucking blowing my mind :O
Seriously. I simply don't have the reflexes for high-level play. I'm ok, but my brain can't process the commands required to do damaging FDAC combos or mindgames quick enough :lol

Game still rocks. Eager to pick up a fight stick tomorrow, then hopefully the game on Tuesday.

Caj814

EraldoCoil said:

i am starting to see the light.......
SF IS THE LIGHT!

Truant

Which version to get?

I don't want any fuzz, just tell me the straight up facts. I don't care either way, I just want the best one.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Can't wait for tonight, the embargo is officially over and reviews will be going up all over the net (or should be). Two of mine will be going up and it looks like one of publications I work with broke the embargo date already.

I'm 100% positive that the rest of the press will eat up SFIV's greatness... such a superb game :).

Guled

Caspel said:
Can't wait for tonight, the embargo is officially over and reviews will be going up all over the net (or should be). Two of mine will be going up and it looks like one of publications I work with broke the embargo date already.

I'm 100% positive that the rest of the press will eat up SFIV's greatness... such a superb game :).
what time, and what 2 site did you write for?

kuYuri

After preordering (again) SFIV CE for PS3, just came back from buying this. :D

DSC06524.jpg

I'm ready for SFIV!

Guled

Truant said:
Which version to get?

I don't want any fuzz, just tell me the straight up facts. I don't care either way, I just want the best one.
the one in which you have more people to play against, that or the one you have a stick for

Takuan

Truant said:
Which version to get?

360: AA, 720p throughout
PS3: the one Gaffers and Japanese people will be playing, doesn't have AA, downscales to 630p on ultras

Not enough people have played online to know which is better. From what's been reported, if the connection is solid, the gameplay is essentially lagless. I've only played the 360 version and it's been this way for me.

If you don't care about competitive play, get the 360 version.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Why don't they have car smashing and barrel breaking minigames in the console version? WHRYYYYYYYYYYY????

Teknoman

Takuan said:
360: AA, 720p throughout
PS3: the one Gaffers and Japanese people will be playing, doesn't have AA, downscales to 630p on ultras.

I dunno about that. Seems like more people are going for the 360 version after their experience with the PSN HDR and the disconnects.

Arde5643

Insane - thanks to this game, I'm going to be spendin $400+ just to play the game on the console and challenging you fuckers to my scrubbiness.

I'm still reeling on the fact I've just spent $400+ today - new 360 Pro, SF4, madcatz Pad, and SE fightstick.

Damn hype and constant watch of the high level play just made me lust for this game on console. :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Arde5643 said:
Insane - thanks to this game, I'm going to be spendin $400+ just to play the game on the console and challenging you fuckers to my scrubbiness.

I'm still reeling on the fact I've just spent $400+ today - new 360 Pro, SF4, madcatz Pad, and SE fightstick.

Damn hype and constant watch of the high level play just made me lust for this game on console. :D

You spent all that money to play SF IV and DIDNT get a TE stick?

I dunno man, priorities!

Arde5643

Raging Spaniard said:
You spent all that money to play SF IV and DIDNT get a TE stick?

I dunno man, priorities!
I'm a scrub, dude - does a scrub really need a TE stick to further enforce how scrubby he is even when using the superior controller?:lol

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
*sigh* I took me nearly 2 hours to beat the game on medium with Ken

( 45 min in Zangief and 30 min in Seth) , I find the game no fun at all... back to Vesperia

:(

Raging Spaniard

Arde5643 said:
I'm a scrub, dude - does a scrub really need a TE stick to further enforce how scrubby he is even when using the superior controller?:lol

But its sooooo NICE :) Its not about sucking at the game, its about being ECCENTRIC

PSGames

dgenx said:

( 45 min in Zangief and 30 min in Seth) , I find the game no fun at all... back to Vesperia

drop the difficulty down to Easiest and only one round in the options. You still unlock characters this way.

Askia47

dgenx said:

You have to keep playing if you want to get better, you'll have to sink a fair amount of time into it.

Xabora

dgenx said:

Play it with other people. Thats where its at!

Teknoman

dgenx said:

You need some practice. Please Continue.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Thanks guys! I'm going to do some homework and then play it again!

one question ,is it better to play it with the 360 DPad or the Stick

(No madcatz in my country)

gutter_trash said:
I don't think Balrog(US), Vega(US), Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen have their themes remixed in the game

which is discrimination IMO
They're all there.

dgenx said:

Go home and be a family man.

Teknoman

dgenx said:

Ouch no wonder you arent having any fun. Anyway you can import a fightpad or any kind of arcade stick?

dgenx

I'm flying to Miami on Thrusday, I just added an arcade stick to my shopping list.

what? does EVERYONE here plays with a fightpad or arcade stick?

Mileena

Banned
dgenx said:

That controller is hardly playable for fighting games. Get something else asap

Xevren

dgenx said:
I'm flying to Miami on Thrusday, I just added an arcade stick to my shopping list.

what? does EVERYONE here plays with a fightpad or arcade stick?

Well if you're playing on the 360 you pretty much have to, the 360 controller is just awful for fighting games.

Top Bottom