• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MoxManiac

TurtleSnatcher said:
A lot of stores will be getting them on Tuesday. Best to call and check.

Those guys must not have jobs? :|

I'm sitting here in the office :(

Are you in the US? I have president's day off today!

I also took thursday and friday off to have a four day intimate weekend with SF4. I'm such a nerd! :lol

gutter_trash said:
I find Akumas trying to pull off his Super/Ulra and whiffing them to be hilarious.. Jab, Jab, short.... nothing.. Jab, Jab, Short.. nothing
ahahahaa

I love it when I'm playing an Akuma and it's a fairly tight match and his super comes up and all of a sudden he jumps back and starts jabbing. It's like WTF dude. I've stolen so many matches that way. IDK wtf it is about that move.

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
I love it when I'm playing an Akuma and it's a fairly tight match and his super comes up and all of a sudden he jumps back and starts jabbing. It's like WTF dude. I've stolen so many matches that way. IDK wtf it is about that move.
you gotta Kara that shit
there are Kara Demon setups in SF4, right?

GQman2121 said:
What's fun is to call a few Gamestops, then a few Game Crazy's, then a big box store. They all have something different to say.

The import store that I go to usually get's games in the previous Thursday before they're street dated. Not with this game though. :(
Probably since it wasn't street dated.. seeing how street dated titles ship almost a week in advance.

MoxManiac said:
Are you in the US? I have president's day off today!

I also took thursday and friday off to have a four day intimate weekend with SF4. I'm such a nerd! :lol

I've had the game since Friday.. so I'm only taking 1 day off this week. Unfortunately my job doesn't have presidents day off..

=\

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MoxManiac said:
I think you really need to sprinkle something in about "Playing to Win". New players calling something cheap, or dishonorable, or whatever is perhaps the biggest roadblock there is to getting better.

Fantastic point. I'll do that.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ShopTo.net just charged me for my stick and game...

...fucccccccccccccccck what if it arrives tomorrow when I am at work?! D:

dankir

McBradders said:
Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ShopTo.net just charged me for my stick and game...

...fucccccccccccccccck what if it arrives tomorrow when I am at work?! D:

uhhh.....fucccccccccccccccccck?

CPS2

You can kara-cancel any normal with any special or super, it's just a matter of whether it actually does anything (i.e. push you forwards or backwards).

Struct09

Likely an error, but BestBuy.com is saying that SFIV is available now for in-store pickup near me. I ordered it, let's see if they actually have it! (probably not)

TaKeRx said:
lol, I just beat him with blanka. Hes not that good.
I was consistently beating him with Vega the other day.

He was yelling over the mic that Vega was too fast and cheap because I could flip over his ultras.

Pretty sure you can fireball Akuma out of his ultra/super.. Almost positive but maybe I was hit by a head butt from a Honda yesterday and I'm getting it confused..

Usually I just jump back and HK and smack his head and he stops :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Played online a lot last night, was pretty smooth over all. 2 bars or less its a little ehh but most people wont care.. other times its really good..

Nester

Struct09 said:
Likely an error, but BestBuy.com is saying that SFIV is available now for in-store pickup near me. I ordered it, let's see if they actually have it! (probably not)

Says all the Best Buys near me have it available for in store pickup too. I'm going to go stop over after work.

Zapages

does any of the characters play like Remy from SF 3 TS? I am just wondering because I just became extremely good with him, with zoning and having 6 parries against in one round against a fairly good Akuma player in the game...

Marty Chinn said:
Why would there be a problem? Do you have SF4 and you're experiencing issues it? I'm curious since that's the stick that I plan to use.
VSHG had problems with T5DR:O.
I'm just curious.

Zapages said:
does any of the characters play like Remy from SF 3 TS? I am just wondering because I just became extremely good with him, with zoning and having 6 parries against in one round against a fairly good Akuma player in the game...
Guile

TaKeRx

ChrisGoldstein said:
Oh that was you Blanka is my favorite character. How do you feel he is in this game?
Well, I don't know if you know already, but the godly bite is gone :(. It barely does any damage, but aside from that, you should feel right at home with him, just like SF2THD or any other one and he's beastlier(lol, is that a word?) than ever.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I was consistently beating him with Vega the other day.

He was yelling over the mic that Vega was too fast and cheap because I could flip over his ultras.

Pretty sure you can fireball Akuma out of his ultra/super.. Almost positive but maybe I was hit by a head butt from a Honda yesterday and I'm getting it confused..

Usually I just jump back and HK and smack his head and he stops :p
lol, yea when you stop his spamming, he start going crazy with the dragon punch, that's why everytime he misses I just grab him and wait for him to do it again. That ultra that he got on me was BS though. :lol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Zapages said:

Well Remy is technically a weird variant of Guile, so I'd say Guile would fit your style.

Caj814

Called most stores,all say Tuesday midnight or morning. . .

Less than 24 hours everyone!
dbphsn.gif

30moh04.gif

o6d35f.gif

25i2dqe.gif

Oh god. . .
2a7znl4.jpg

Spy

Sallokin said:
LMAO my Standard Edition stick just showed up on my doorstep from B&N after I went and ordered an HRAP3 EX. Guess I'm stuck with two awesome sticks.
Did B&N send you that e-mail about the item being backordered and having to wait 14 days or did you order before that? I'm very disappointed with B&N and Amazon. I haven't received an e-mail from B&N about my SE FightStick and haven't heard anything from Amazon about my TE FightStick. I guess I'll be playing SFIV tomorrow with my DS3. :cry:

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Chamber said:
Even as a scroto, I find that stream pretty boring.

My main Street Fighter exposure was playing HD Remix for a week during Christmas break (played SF2 Turbo a little on the SNES as a kid, but that doesn't really count) and I feel I could beat the people in that stream handily.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Struct09 said:

I see the same thing for best buy stores in Boston. I am going there tomorrow hopefully I can snag the CE pS3 version. :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Spy said:
Did B&N send you that e-mail about the item being backordered and having to wait 14 days or did you order before that? I'm very disappointed with B&N and Amazon. I haven't received an e-mail from B&N about my SE FightStick and haven't heard anything from Amazon about my TE FightStick. I guess I'll be playing SFIV tomorrow with my DS3. :cry:
Funny thing is, I got the 14 day delay email, then they shipped it out. It arrives tomorrow!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol @ Chun Li hands.

I'll end up in the Scroto group, but hopefully I'll seperate myself from the pack with practice. I really like Ken's game as opposed to Ryu's. =(

Spy

NameGenerated said:
Funny thing is, I got the 14 day delay email, then they shipped it out. It arrives tomorrow!
So B&N sent you an e-mail saying they shipped your SE FightStick out? WHY HAVEN'T THEY SHIPPED MINE OUT? I chose one day shipping. Unless they shipped it out and haven't gave me a tracking number yet. Unlikely though.

Top Bottom