• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

sonicspear64 said:
Fixed and the reason for that is the fact that they can play at arcades. :D

I corrected myself after...and prefaced that as long as the game does well in the arcades but sells good here...we'll see a part 5.

Arnie

LukeSmith said:
I love Street Fighter and I'm probably a scrubby shoto player.
Same, we should play. Shame you have a super secret GT protected by that big bouncer guy at Bungie, always forget his name, just love his voice. Froman perhaps?

Anyway, I wish to pick this up on Friday but really need a cheap arcade stick. After playing SF2 Turbo on arcade with my 360 controller for about a year, I have come to the realisation that I may as well be smashing directions with my tongue. Does anyone in the UK know how much a cheap fighting stick(I don't need some ultra frame beating ectoplasm grip or anything) would cost me and where I could buy one?

P.S - Note I have implied using semantics that I have not much money for games this week, so keep the costs low.

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, we have a 3S cab. I like 3S, but I came on pretty late into that game. I think in terms of overall accessibility, which certainly seems to be a design goal for SF4, Capcom's done what they set out to do. Anyone with basic SF fundaments (calling up a Shoryuken on command) is going to find some success in the "regular player" mode of SF4.

I'm really not nearly a technical enough player to compare it with a level of a depth that this thread requires.

I love Street Fighter and I'm probably a scrubby shoto player.

i am glad, in a way, that this game will be more accessible to new players. I got a bunch of friends who are hyped for it so hopefully they catch on pretty quick. oh....Scrubby Shotos FTW, but i <3 Chun-li :D

Spy

Am I wasting my time calling stores to see if they have SFIV? I just called my local Sears and Toys R Us and they don't have it in yet.

LowParry

Spy said:
Am I wasting my time calling stores to see if they have SFIV? I just called my local Sears and Toys R Us and they don't have it in yet.

Probably. Wait till tomorrow. Unless you know places that may do some sort of midnight release. Who knows. But I"d wait till tomorrow.

ShinAmano

Spy said:
Only 9 more hours man...tomorrow is just a day away...yeah give it a rest, but keep occupied.

r4z4

Get in! ShopTo (UK) just charged me for my copy of SF4, hope that means it's either shipped or will be first thing tmr :D

qcf x2

So Gamestop won't have these for sale until Wednesday morning? Even if I pre-ordered? That's wack. Releasing a game on a Wednesday seems like a terrible idea, although I'm probably just saying this because I don't want to wait.

Spy said:

Wal-Mart maybe, if you have one nearby that will be open at midnight. I'm going to try the one by me tonight. I got MGS4 and Fable II there on a Monday night, so who knows...worth a shot.

Akim

Banned
Is sagat considered a shoto?

google shut me down

24ord50.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
qcf x2 said:
So Gamestop won't have these for sale until Wednesday morning? Even if I pre-ordered? That's wack. Releasing a game on a Wednesday seems like a terrible idea, although I'm probably just saying this because I don't want to wait.
IF you've been reading the thread a decent amount of gamestops are going to be releasing the game tomorrow! Atleast all the ones around my area are and a few gaffers said their stores would be getting it too.

Nakazato

DigitalA1chemy said:
Wal-Mart maybe, if you have one nearby that will be open at midnight. I'm going to try the one by me tonight. I got MGS4 and Fable II there on a Monday night, so who knows...worth a shot.
well I guess Ill try at Walmart

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Spy said:
I haven't found a store in my area selling it before Wednesday so yeah, probably a waste. Don't blame you though.

jesus christ!!!! this is unbearable, the wait is killing me, a few months ago wasn't that bad, a few weeks ago was bearable, a few days ago was exciting, a few hours away =unbearable. must do something to take mind off of wait :/

Ken Masters said:
I was expecting a lot more for SF4
You have to realize it's like comparing apples and oranges when you put SF4 up against Mario & Lugi RPG 3. Granted I don't have any number in front of me, but I can image the DS user base in Japan would absolutely destroy what the PS3 and 360 have combined (multiplying by a few might bring you close). Considering Soul Caliber 4 took a week or so to sell as much as SF4 in one day, I think it's doing fairly well.

The soundtrack to this is awesome. Most of the tracks have that classic SF feel to them but the remix tracks remind me of 3.3.
C.Viper's theme sounds like something Hideki Naganuma would do.

keanerie

Y2Kev said:
What's a shoto?

Probably the most over-used term in this thread after "scrub."

No, a shoto is a Ryu-type character - fireballs and uppercuts, that kind of thing. Term comes from the karate Ryu's fighting is based on...or something?

keanerie said:
Probably the most over-used term in this thread after "scrub."

No, a shoto is a Ryu-type character - fireballs and uppercuts, that kind of thing. Term comes from the karate Ryu's fighting is based on...or something?

in order of "over-used" terms i would say it goes.

1. Scrub
2.Shoto
3.Broken
4.tiers / tier talk (personally don't mind tier talk, but it seems a lot of gaffers hate it)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
EraldoCoil said:
in order of "over-used" terms i would say it goes.

1. Scrub
2.Shoto
3.Broken
4.tiers / tier talk (personally don't mind tier talk, but it seems a lot of gaffers hate it)
I think the combined "Shoto scrub" should be at the top.

r4z4

Dragnet said:
OH SNAPS! *high fives* Me too! :D

I ordered a fightpad from gameshark which should be shipping this week too, fingers crossed will be all set for SF4 heaven by the end of this week. (Dear God, please let my fightpad have fully working diagonals!)

n3ss

aka acr0nym
MoxManiac said:
You better be on PSN!

Shame about no quarter matches though. I hope the tournament patch adds something like it.

I just lost to Yebs T Hawk. I need to brush up on that match up with you some time!!!

But I'll see if I can snag me a copy of SF4 for ps3 also. right now on xbl though...

Ken Masters said:
I was expecting a lot more for SF4

That's awesome for first day sales.

200k first week would be very good. This game already made it's entire development budget back in the arcades probably. These console releases are the icing.

careksims

FinKL said:
Where do you live, Cali i'm assuming because the consensus here in Vegas, is that retailers are getting to pick it up Tuesday afternoon and sell it evening...

Yeah in Southern Cali. San Diego. Manager's going to pick it up.

Nightz

Xabora said:
Fark it, lets combine them.
Scrub + Shoto = Scroto.
:lol

My co-workers and I were talking about Transformers during lunch and the first thing that came to my mind after reading this was Scrotimus Prime. >_>

Sallokin

LMAO my Standard Edition stick just showed up on my doorstep from B&N after I went and ordered an HRAP3 EX. Guess I'm stuck with two awesome sticks.

Top Bottom