• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

keanerie

SapientWolf said:
Yeah, unless you are a major DC and/or MK fanboy. You'll get extra trade in credit for it.

Against my better sense I find MKvDC very enjoyable, especially when I'm playing it with my less hardcore gamer friends, so there is that. But the extra trade-in value is tempting, and I don't think I have anything else I'd want to trade in at the moment anyway.

ShinAmano

kenta said:
Orange County, California

Subsequent calls to the other Best Buys in the area confirm this is the one time in the history of Best Buy that all the employees are organized and on the same page, they're all insisting they can't sell it until the 18th, though that first store is the only one that claimed to have it in the back (so he might have been blowing smoke). I'm now thinking it's simply a company-wide Best Buy policy to not sell it until the 18th as opposed to an actual street date
That is what their ad says...they don't want to not have any on Wednesday when people come looking.

Teknoman

Damn it, logic wins again. No SFIV today (of course) but we did get to flip through the strategy guide. All our fight pads are sold...same with sticks. Still got the faceplates/skins (kinda want a faceplate).

I guess its another day to wait for the world warriors to stage a comeback.

Ronabo

My local Gamestop said they will have the game tomorrow for people that preordered sometime after five if all goes well. Otherwise it'll be Wednesday. No sticks either.

Teknoman

keanerie said:
Against my better sense I find MKvDC very enjoyable, especially when I'm playing it with my less hardcore gamer friends, so there is that. But the extra trade-in value is tempting, and I don't think I have anything else I'd want to trade in at the moment anyway.

Do it. SFIV is fun for everyone.

kenta said:
Orange County, California

Subsequent calls to the other Best Buys in the area confirm this is the one time in the history of Best Buy that all the employees are organized and on the same page, they're all insisting they can't sell it until the 18th, though that first store is the only one that claimed to have it in the back (so he might have been blowing smoke). I'm now thinking it's simply a company-wide Best Buy policy to not sell it until the 18th as opposed to an actual street date

Ah, okay... The reason I asked is because the Wal-Mart here in Raleigh is actually pretty good about having big-name new releases that usually ship ahead of time ready to buy at midnight. If I can confirm that a lot the big-box stores like Best Buy actually have the game in the back already, my chances might be pretty good.

Yes Boss!

Damn, no luck here in Orange county. All the gameshops say Tuesday afternoon. The sad thing is that Gamecrazy already called my for my Dragon Quest V that came in today so I was hoping they'd get SFIV in as well.

Teknoman

Ronabo said:
My local Gamestop said they will have the game tomorrow for people that preordered sometime after five if all goes well. Otherwise it'll be Wednesday. No sticks either.

Five? Jeez. Hopefully that changes for you guys. Our manager said they should be in tomorrow morning (11am shipment). Houston, Texas btw.

keanerie said:
Should I trade in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe to put toward SF4? This is a serious question.
2r2w2ac.jpg

2hridf6.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
darkpaladinmfc said:
A bit off topic. But does anybody have a 48 hr code spare I could have? I want to play SF4 tomorrow online, but can't afford XBL Gold ATM :(.

I got two at home I could probably hook you up with one...send me a pm so I remember when I get home

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:
Fei Long sucks baaaallsss.. fun to play tho.. :D

It seems that if his full ultra triggered on either the first or third punches, he may have some good options. Is this the case?

Struct09

keanerie said:
Should I trade in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe to put toward SF4? This is a serious question.

No.

If you enjoy the game, keep it. It's a completely different type of fighting game to that of SF.

If you don't enjoy it, sell it somewhere like Amazon Marketplace or eBay. Don't trade it in and get ripped off.

Arde5643

Kintaro said:
It seems that if his full ultra triggered on either the first or third punches, he may have some good options. Is this the case?
I believe it's the second hit that triggers it - so if you use the ultra on a flame kick ->FADC juggle, the first hit will juggle the body causing the second hit to miss.

Ashhong

just called my gamestop and they said were also getting in a small shipment for tuesday, with the rest coming in wednesday. it varies by gamestop so call them and see.

Yes Boss! said:
Damn, no luck here in Orange county. All the gameshops say Tuesday afternoon. The sad thing is that Gamecrazy already called my for my Dragon Quest V that came in today so I was hoping they'd get SFIV in as well.

by gameshops do you mean gamestop? i think tuesday shipments are only for reserved copies. which one do you go to?

darkpaladinmfc said:
A bit off topic. But does anybody have a 48 hr code spare I could have? I want to play SF4 tomorrow online, but can't afford XBL Gold ATM :(.

hey bro i got a 1 month code for you to use, just pm me :D

Kintaro

Arde5643 said:
I believe it's the second hit that triggers it - so if you use the ultra on a flame kick ->FADC juggle, the first hit will juggle the body causing the second hit to miss.

Yeah. That's why I said if it were thr first or third punch (I think every other punch hits?) it many open up more options. :D

So ive just started playing with my TE stick and as a first time stick user the things ive picked so far are:

Try not to ride the gate. The microswitches click are all you need.
Give myself a split moment before hitting the attack button on special attacks. Just to make sure the last input gets in there.

Anyone else have any tips? Especially since Im still having trouble with SPDs and Guiles super even though it seems ive got it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
haunts said:
Fei Long sucks baaaallsss.. fun to play tho.. :D
He's not as useless as he was in SSF2. I think his third rekka was punishable even on hit, and he didn't have his chicken wing. He's a great character to learn the basics with though.

TP

I called my Gamestop and the guy on the other side said the game will be available tomorrow when they open :D

Pachinko

Update for canuckleheads out there- bestbuy.ca is listing the release date as feb.19th which is thursday, ebgames.ca has it listed as wednesday.

My suggestion? unless you have it preordered somewhere go to walmart tomorrow night and hope for the best, if it's not there nowhere else will have it yet. Thanks to today being a holiday though wednesday is likely the earliest you'll see it for sale anywhere.

Games are fucking expensive here again though :( 70$ for for SF4... everything I consume for media is back to 2003 prices again and it sucks.

CPS2

Kintaro said:
I added this to the write up.

Get the point across well enough?

Pretty good :D

There's always gonna be some complainers, but I don't think it'll be as bad as ST. The recovery on fireballs means you can't really lock down as easily, and the throw ranges definitely feel shorter, and have more startup, and are easier to tech.

ph15h

Neo Member
ChrisGoldstein said:
Called gamestop and they told me that for those who preordered the game it will be available tomorrow...and for those who didnt it will be available wednesday.

So I ask the dude if I could still preorder today and get it tomorrow, he said yes.

I'm going to leave work early just to get down there before they close at 9pm.

What about the people that pre-ordered online for an in-store pickup option of the Collector's Edition?

In the rare event that there are any Street Fighter fans from Northern Ireland reading this, I've just read on GRcade that there'll be a SF IV tournament in Belfast on the 21st of Feb at Queen's Student Union, and another one in Derry on the 28th of Feb at the Nerve Centre.

qcf x2

YIKES wrong quote. Regarding the Akuma demon attempts...

Whenever I see people doing that (in 3rd strike), I always do jab jab-->short...with whoever I have. People usually freak out for a second then stop trying to do it.

Arde5643 said:
One of the best fireballs in the game basically, especially the EX version. :D

Shame his kick got nerfed.

yeah that ex boom is nasty. i was palying online and keep trying to use f/b mk as an anti air and was failing hard at it. i think his df rh is his new anti air now. not as versatile though

ph15h

Neo Member
demigod said:
Anyone know when GameCrazy will have SF4? I just got an email from them and it says the game will be out tomorrow.

:lol I just got an email too... and I never signed up for their newsletter. Maybe their form of braggin? >.> I pre-ordered from Game Stop, but if Game Crazy gets it earlier I'll buy a copy for my friend :p

anyone from the southeast call Gamestop to see if they are getting it tomorrow too? i hate living here where they come regular release day ;(

Kintaro

No clue when my GS will get the game. Maybe tomorrow. As long as it's by Wednesday. :D My store didn't even get the guides in. Weird.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
04CLiGJhbC9ACxsDG1tTVkUxL2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-yTle0=.jpg

Legendary Champion:
Defeat Gouken and clear Arcade Mode in Hardest difficulty.

:D

Only took me two tries, but man it was such a great feeling when I did it!

For those who don't know, you have to get a perfect or two, at least 4 Ultra finishes, and no continues - and this was done on the hardest difficulty...

Also knocked out Time Attack on both Normal and Hard today, which got me pumped to go for the Legendary Champion Achievement...

All with the 360 pad too - although it still doesn't give me 100% move execution, it got the job done very easily...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
DMPrince said:
anyone from the southeast call Gamestop to see if they are getting it tomorrow too? i hate living here where they come regular release day ;(

I live in georgia and they told me they'd get it tomorrow for people that preordered.

If you didnt preorder you could get it wednesday.

Honestly what it sounds like to me is that they already have a few copies of the game already and they're getting the rest of the stock wednesday.

I called 1 gamestop and they told me if I preordered today I could get it tomorrow, this was a bigger gamestop store near the mall of georgia.

I then called another smaller gamestop in a walmart shopping center and they told me if I preordered today I may be able to get it tomorrow.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
No clue when my GS will get the game. Maybe tomorrow. As long as it's by Wednesday. :D My store didn't even get the guides in. Weird.

You're still waiting for your stick, right? Your store kinda sucks bro :D

Skilotonn said:
04CLiGJhbC9ACxsDG1tTVkUxL2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-yTle0=.jpg

Legendary Champion:
Defeat Gouken and clear Arcade Mode in Hardest difficulty.

:D

Only took me two tries, but man it was such a great feeling when I did it!

For those who don't know, you have to get a perfect or two, at least 4 Ultra finishes, and no continues - and this was done on the hardest difficulty...

Also knocked out Time Attack on both Normal and Hard today, which got me pumped to go for the Legendary Champion Achievement...

All with the 360 pad too - although it still doesn't give me 100% move execution, it got the job done very easily...

How the eff? Haha.. I struggled against freaking Seth on easier (Not easiest) with ken last night.. then I swapped to Sagat and it took me 1 try.

This is going to sound like a stupid question:

But can you FADC:

A) Anything
B) Special Moves (I.e dragon punch)
C) EX Special Moves (I.e, EX dragon punch)

I thought you can FADC a normal special, but in match videos I watch it consumes two bars. Which makes me think the player used one for an EX special (consumes one), and then followed it with a cancel (consumes one) and then goes into an Ultra (speaking about Ryu on this one).

Me and my comrade (he posts here under zeh title PXG) have been been informed by our

managers (we are Gamestop employees) that our 2 stores are getting the game in tomorrow

but only enough for preorders, so everyone who has a preorder check your local Gamestop

because because you may be able to pick the awesome that is SF4 up tomorrow

Top Bottom