• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Spy said:
So B&N sent you an e-mail saying they shipped your SE FightStick out? WHY HAVEN'T THEY SHIPPED MINE OUT? I chose one day shipping. Unless they shipped it out and haven't gave me a tracking number yet. Unlikely though.
This is what happened chronologically:

1. 2/11 - Placed my order for an SE stick and got an email from B&N saying payment was authorized.

2. 2/11 - Got an email from B&N with my order number and such.

3. 2/13 - Got an email from Gamestop say there was a 14 day shipping delay, I was mad.

4. 2/14 - Got another email from B&N saying my payment had been processed, intrigued, I looked and to my surprise it said "Shipped".

5. 2/16 - Got another email from Gamestop with my shipping and tracking information.

NameGenerated said:

1. 2/11 - Placed my order for an SE stick and got an email from B&N saying payment was authorized.

3. 2/13 - Got an email from Gamestop say there was a 14 day shipping delay, I was mad.

4. 2/14 - Got another email from B&N saying my payment had been processed, intrigued, I looked and to my surprise it said "Shipped".

5 2/6 - Got another email from Gamestop with my shipping and tracking information.
Your gamestop is awesome. It can go back in time. Where do I find one of those?

Spy

NameGenerated said:

5 2/6 - Got another email from Gamestop with my shipping and tracking information.
I'm really jealous. I have called every electronics store out here to see if they had a SE FightStick or TE FightStick and haven't found any store that has had it. I preordered from Capcom, B&N, and Amazon. The Capcom preorder said I was going to be backordered till March so I canceled.

Zapages

How's Guile's Sonic Booms in the SFIV??? I am not much of a kicker with Remy nor with Guile...

Thanks guys for the advise...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kintaro said:
:lol @ Chun Li hands.

I'll end up in the Scroto group, but hopefully I'll seperate myself from the pack with practice. I really like Ken's game as opposed to Ryu's. =(
I agree. Haven't played the game yet so I can't say for sure (obviously) but from videos, a high level Ken looks more "fun" than a high level Ryu.

Either way, I'll probably end up maining a Scroto and using another type as a secondary.

Struct09 said:
Likely an error, but BestBuy.com is saying that SFIV is available now for in-store pickup near me. I ordered it, let's see if they actually have it! (probably not)
I just placed an order for in store pickup. I'll report back on whether or not I get an order confirmation. If it is going to happen, should be in the next hour.

Struct09

Ryder said:
Was there any truth to 7-11 getting this game early?

Well it's not street dated. So if they had it, they could sell it.

Looks like it ships tomorrow though, so most places won't even have it until Wednesday.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
GarthVaderUK said:
You have to sign for ShopTo stuff, don't you?

Um, I didn't have to sign for Prof Layton, but Rockband 2 I had to, and given the size of these suckers, I bet I have to sign for those too :eek:

ph15h

Neo Member
Gah... Best Buy why must you tempt me?

EDIT:In-store pickup is no longer an immediate option online.

EDIT again: -_- and now it's back

did anybody get a confirmation email?

Final stupid EDIT:
2/18/2009
-_- So I'm guessing that's a no in-store pickup option

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Chamber said:
I agree. Haven't played the game yet so I can't say for sure (obviously) but from videos, a high level Ken looks more "fun" than a high level Ryu.

Either way, I'll probably end up maining a Scroto and using another type as a secondary.

Yeah, I don't think I'll "main" him, but I like playing as him. I play on learning a small group of characters depending on who I fall in love with while playing.

Kintaro said:
Yeah, I don't think I'll "main" him, but I like playing as him. I play on learning a small group of characters depending on who I fall in love with while playing.

my main is usually chun-li, but after watching videos i am definitely going to use viper. cant wait to jump into practice and start learning all of her little intricacies.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Dude at Best Buy told me they have them in the back but the street date is the 18th. I told him I'd heard it didn't have a street date and he insisted it did. So now it's matter of finding the right person to sell it to me

Souther

Banned
I think i am gonna main Fei-long...but i might swap him out with Ryu, Ken or Dan for laughs.

My backup will probably be C Viper and Abel....But i gotta learn them some first.

I'll probably know in the 1st couple of hours who will be my 1-2

Arde5643

Zapages said:
How's Guile's Sonic Booms in the SFIV??? I am not much of a kicker with Remy nor with Guile...

Thanks guys for the advise...
One of the best fireballs in the game basically, especially the EX version. :D

Shame his kick got nerfed.

kenta said:
Dude at Best Buy told me they have them in the back but the street date is the 18th. I told him I'd heard it didn't have a street date and he insisted it did. So now it's matter of finding the right person to sell it to me

I say go to Best buy and let them talk to someone on gaf that works with capcom.

jmdajr

So is that special edition movie that comes with sf4 supposed to be any good?
Everyone says the anime intros and endings blow in the game :(

TaKeRx

Guys, should I just get the HRAPEX instead of waiting for the TE? What would I be missing from the TE? I guess It'll be the sanwa parts correct?

Sallokin said:
I hadn't heard about that problem, but fortunately my stick seems to be in working order. Thanks for the heads up :D

Yeah my stick is fine too. I actually tried out two fightsticks (the one I have and a friend of mine) are both of ares didn't 'stick' either.

Souther said:
I think i am gonna main Fei-long...but i might swap him out with Ryu, Ken or Dan for laughs.

My backup will probably be C Viper and Abel....But i gotta learn them some first.

I'll probably know in the 1st couple of hours who will be my 1-2

I'm probably going to use Ryu or Sakura to get a good feel for the game and then branch out.

Spy

I accidentally deleted the B&N e-mail notifying me of the 14 day delay. On the e-mail it said I could cancel my order by going to Gamestop website or something like that. I don't want to cancel the order I just want to check the order from the Gamestop website if that's possible.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I added this to the write up.

Third, and this is very important so listen (read) up, get any notion of "cheap" or "dishonorable" dishonorable tactics out of your head right now. Right now. For example, you may think an opponent who consistently throws you is being cheap. Or someone spamming Hadokens, Tiger Shots, or whatever else is lame. Perhaps you get trapped in a corner and an opponent just locks you down and you call foul. Sorry folks, these aren't instances of being cheap. These are parts of the game and it's your job to play through them, counter your opponent and put things back in your favor. Unless it's an obvious bug, glitch or game-breaking instance triggered outside of what the developers intended, it is acceptable and part of the game. Adapt, learn, counter, and improve. Lastly, don't be a jerk and mark someone's gamertag/PSN username with negative comments because they beat you. They beat you fair and square. Man (or woman) up and don't be a sore loser.

Get the point across well enough?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Called gamestop and they told me that for those who preordered the game it will be available tomorrow...and for those who didnt it will be available wednesday.

So I ask the dude if I could still preorder today and get it tomorrow, he said yes.

I'm going to leave work early just to get down there before they close at 9pm.

kenta said:

What state are you in, out of curiosity?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
keanerie said:
Should I trade in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe to put toward SF4? This is a serious question.
Yeah, unless you are a major DC and/or MK fanboy. You'll get extra trade in credit for it.

ChrisGoldstein said:
Called gamestop and they told me that for those who preordered the game it will be available tomorrow...and for those who didnt it will be available wednesday.
I just called cause of this and it's the same deal for me too! :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
DigitalA1chemy said:
What state are you in, out of curiosity?
Orange County, California

Subsequent calls to the other Best Buys in the area confirm this is the one time in the history of Best Buy that all the employees are organized and on the same page, they're all insisting they can't sell it until the 18th, though that first store is the only one that claimed to have it in the back (so he might have been blowing smoke). I'm now thinking it's simply a company-wide Best Buy policy to not sell it until the 18th as opposed to an actual street date

Top Bottom