• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ChrisGoldstein said:
I live in georgia and they told me they'd get it tomorrow for people that preordered.

If you didnt preorder you could get it wednesday.

Honestly what it sounds like to me is that they already have a few copies of the game already and they're getting the rest of the stock wednesday.

I called 1 gamestop and they told me if I preordered today I could get it tomorrow, this was a bigger gamestop store near the mall of georgia.

I then called another smaller gamestop in a walmart shopping center and they told me if I preordered today I may be able to get it tomorrow.
hmm. i'll be headed to gamestop to pick up a game anyways and i preordered the CE SFIV ages ago. i hope it's here tomorrow then! If not im just going to buy some iron on transfer sheets and replace the crappy image on the headband :lol

C- Warrior said:
This is going to sound like a stupid question:

But can you FADC:

A) Anything
B) Special Moves (I.e dragon punch)
C) EX Special Moves (I.e, EX dragon punch)

I thought you can FADC a normal special, but in match videos I watch it consumes two bars. Which makes me think the player used one for an EX special (consumes one), and then followed it with a cancel (consumes one) and then goes into an Ultra (speaking about Ryu on this one).

I thought it's one meter to Focus attack, and another to dash cancel out of it but I'm probably totally off.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
You're still waiting for your stick, right? Your store kinda sucks bro :D

Said with a smiley too. =(

I live in New Mexico...so things tend to get out here slower. The game will be here by the 18th, no doubt. As for the sticks...no clue. I was the only pre-order in the store, but there's tons of others in bigger cities who don't have their sticks. <shrugs> No clue.

PhatSaqs

Banned
C- Warrior said:

But can you FADC:

A) Anything

I thought you can FADC a normal special, but in match videos I watch it consumes two bars. Which makes me think the player used one for an EX special (consumes one), and then followed it with a cancel (consumes one) and then goes into an Ultra (speaking about Ryu on this one).
Youy can FADC anything (specials, normals) and it always consumes two stocks.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
TurtleSnatcher said:
How the eff? Haha.. I struggled against freaking Seth on easier (Not easiest) with ken last night.. then I swapped to Sagat and it took me 1 try.

You gotta out-cheap the A.I. - learn their patterns and punish them - and if you're going for the perfect, the very first battle is your best chance - after that, they always manage to hit me just once even though I beat them senseless...

C- Warrior said:

But can you FADC:

A) Anything

you can EX FADC normal moves and special moves. You can't do it on throws, command throws, supers (naturally since EX moves and super moves share the same meter) or Ultras.

Any EX FA will take 2 stocks from your Super meter.
EX FA will take 2 stocks regardless of if you dash cancel or not.

To clarify, a normal Focus attack doesn't cost anything. Neither does dash cancelling it.

CPS2

viewtiful_dru said:
you can EX FADC normal moves and special moves. You can't do it on throws, command throws, supers (naturally since EX moves and super moves share the same meter) or Ultras.

Any EX FA will take 2 stocks from your Super meter.
EX FA will take 2 stocks regardless of if you dash cancel or not.

Yep this^ Except I don't think you can focus cancel normal moves, just specials. As stated you lose 2 blue bars as soon as you focus cancel.

C- Warrior said:

But can you FADC:

A) Anything

A) i don't think u can fadc supers or ultras
B) yep
C) yep

fadc uses 2 bars. if u do an ex move then fadc, that's 3 bars.

Akim said:
I cant believe I have to wait til Wednesday to get this, my gamestop is such a pos.

the whole game release and stick delays has been a nightmare, but it will all be over soon. Hang in there......

haunts said:
We'll have virtually everyone up by the end of the day today.. Im at 1up right now working on it. :D

Hurry up! I keep clicking and nothing is there yet!? :D

I'm glad your doing this, now I don't have to buy a guide. Between this and the training mode, I should be golden.

Guled

haunts said:
We'll have virtually everyone up by the end of the day today.. Im at 1up right now working on it. :D
nice, looking froward to it.

Also, dose anyone know if you could have only friends challenge you during arcade mode instead of random people?

Sidzed2

It's freely available in Melbourne (Australia) CBD. Now I have to sit and work for the next 6 hours before I get me a taaaasssteeee.

It just sits there in my bag...waiting...watching...

Sidzed2 said:
It's freely available in Melbourne (Australia) CBD. Now I have to sit and work for the next 6 hours before I get me a taaaasssteeee.

It just sits there in my bag...waiting...watching...

that must be torture, having it right there yet unable to play it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
EraldoCoil said:
i can't wait till he puts up chun's and viper's, so many good online guides! props to Haunts for all the hard work!!

Sagat and Viper are my two characters I play the most so I like those two guides the best out of everything I wrote. :D

So who's signed up for the Gamestop tournament? I'm also thinking of going to the Gamecrazy one the day before the GS one.

I asked the dudes working at the one I signed up at, and they're only using stock 360 controllers -_-

I'm just going to relearn the game on controller then.

Sidzed2

EraldoCoil said:
that must be torture, having it right there yet unable to play it.

Yes.

Yes it is.

But I'm fine.

*pulls bug-eyed stare and freaks out, throwing telephone receiver at receptionist and eating post-its madly*

entraik

Banned
picking the game up from my gamestop tomm morning at 10am... they said they are doing an early release for preorders tomm. I got my ass over there and preordered.. lulz

Sidzed2 said:
Yes.

Yes it is.

But I'm fine.

*pulls bug-eyed stare and freaks out, throwing telephone receiver at receptionist and eating post-its madly*

just say you have explosive diarrhea and you need to go home ASAP, there's no way they can deny you that!

viewtiful_dru said:
So who's signed up for the Gamestop tournament? I'm also thinking of going to the Gamecrazy one the day before the GS one.

I asked the dudes working at the one I signed up at, and they're only using stock 360 controllers -_-

I signed up, but I'm gonna take my name back off. Not wasting my time with it since they're using 360 controllers with no remapping. Fuck that noise.

TaKeRx said:
Guys, should I just get the HRAPEX instead of waiting for the TE? What would I be missing from the TE? I guess It'll be the sanwa parts correct?

You'll get a the Sanwa stick but generic push buttons. Just swap them out and you'll be golden!

keanerie

viewtiful_dru said:

I signed up, but with no intention of actually playing. I just put my name down to enter the contest for the arcade machine they're giving away. The clerk was even like "dude you don't even have to show up, just put your name down so I look good" so I did.

I might just check it out just for fun.

haunts said:
Question: I know that TAP goes through fireballs; some of the old school versions of Rog could also (I know for sure that HF boxer could). The old school TAP had a caveat: if you charged it too much, there wouldn't be invincibility during startup (past "2" I think).

I was using him in the arcade the other day and I never charged up TAP enough to confirm. So does TAP go thru fireballs even when charged a lot?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
viewtiful_dru said:
Question: I know that TAP goes through fireballs; some of the old school versions of Rog could also (I know for sure that HF boxer could). The old school TAP had a caveat: if you charged it too much, there wouldn't be invincibility during startup (past "2" I think).

I was using him in the arcade the other day and I never charged up TAP enough to confirm. So does TAP go thru fireballs even when charged a lot?

Ive charged it for hella and it always go thru fireballs.

side note, rogs bread and butter into ultra is one of the more satisfying combos in the game.

Zertez

GS just called me to say I could pick up my copy of SF4 at 10am tomorrow morning. To bad my TE stick hasnt come in yet. Guess I will play Lost & Damned and Star Ocean 4 until my stick comes in.

Nice to hear that some people are going to be getting it tomorrow. I have not clue as to when it will be released in (Toronto) Canada. Oh and I noticed that the LE version is $79 at BB and $89 at Futureshop?!? I don't remember what the price is on my pre order at EB Games but I'm hoping its not the $89 that Futureshop is asking...

Alivor

No school tomorrow, and Gamestop tells me that they'll have it tomorrow! I really hope they pull through. :D My gamertag is Alivor if anyone wants to play, but I might be too busy playing arcade...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone know how long it takes LizardLick to deliver? They are Raleigh, NC right? I'm about 3ish hours away in VA. Should be only a few days right?

Etelmik

Neo Member
Gen isn't as fast as Vega, but he he's more auto-targeted--his leg sticks out better too.

I haven't played SF IV but there's no way Gen's move is going to be quicker.

Top Bottom