• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Xabora

Teknoman said:
Wait it gets better.

Sakura:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZ2dwpEQds

She has Marshmallow Man Shoulders:
rseaaa.jpg

bounchfx

Ok, I think you guys changed my mind about buying the CE :\ not sure I want it now.

also, ARE some 24h wal marts releasing at midnight? I'd totally run to the one here.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dai Kaiju said:
:lol

Are you going to the SFIV tourney at people's plaza gamestop on saturday?
Probably not, I learned my lesson when I was competing at a Gears of War tournament there and I'm actually good at that game. I'm getting my copy from the GameStop at Suburban Plaza (the one by Acme) since I'm in the University of Delaware region of Newark.

Xabora

McLovin said:
Damn why does this have to be so close to Killzone :( and my cousins birthday.. I'm gonna be so freakin broke >.<!!
At least your getting KZ2, I gotta import Demon Souls this week also.

Dai Kaiju

pelicansurf said:
Probably not, I learned my lesson when I was competing at a Gears of War tournament there and I'm actually good at that game. I'm getting my copy from the GameStop at Suburban Plaza (the one by Acme) since I'm in the University of Delaware region of Newark.

Yeah, I live on the campus actually. What was your lesson? This is the first tourney i'll be going to and I have no idea what to expect.

pelicansurf

Dai Kaiju said:
Yeah, I live on the campus actually. What was your lesson? This is the first tourney i'll be going to and I have no idea what to expect.
I live on Corbit St, off of New London. It'd be hilarious if you were secretly my roommate or something.

Also, me and my friends who are pretty damn good at Gears got eliminated by a bunch of 12-13 year old wearing Bengals jerseys. Fucking depressing.

The wal-marts in Vegas are selling them at midnight (12:01) I just called and triple confirmed with a person who actually did know what the fuck I was talking about.

bounchfx said:
also, ARE some 24h wal marts releasing at midnight? I'd totally run to the one here.

It's a longshot, but I think I am going to the one here. In the past I've gotten quite a few big games at midnight (MGS4, Fable II), and if they actually have the game already and can find it, I think they will sell it to me. The problem most of the time is getting whoever is in electronics to undertsand what the hell you're talking about. Sometimes it will be a game-savvy person, but most of the time it's a 70-year old woman or something.

Zapages

Dai Kaiju said:

People will be cheap and do anything to win... Just expect that... Also some players will be really good and some will be really bad...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Zapages said:
People will be cheap and do anything to win... Just expect that... Also some players will be really good and some will be really bad...
see pit at a brawl tournament

or at least the one i went to

Barrett2

Man, I am having some second thoughts about that CE. That damn Viper figurine is like the size of an army man! Looks like its regular edition for me.

qcf x2

Soooo the bulb in my TV burned out thanks to incompetent roommates, and I won't be able to use the TV (and therefore play SF4) til the 25th at the earliest.

Fuck.

gray_fox224

DigitalA1chemy said:
It's a longshot, but I think I am going to the one here. In the past I've gotten quite a few big games at midnight (MGS4, Fable II), and if they actually have the game already and can find it, I think they will sell it to me. The problem most of the time is getting whoever is in electronics to undertsand what the hell you're talking about. Sometimes it will be a game-savvy person, but most of the time it's a 70-year old woman or something.

I might go to Walmart today at midnight too....

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Arde5643 said:
Haha, holy shit at Viper's strats - that's probably the character with the longest write-up in the guide, haunts. :lol

She literally is for those who want a highly technical and highly rewarding character.

Shes the shit though.. she is really frustrating sometimes but when you have a good match with her and land all the combos its extrmley satisfying. The only reason I feel im able to play her at all is that I played Makoto so much and she had that EX Axe Kick that you had to perform the same way you perform a lot of C. Vipers shit.. You just have to have real good execution to play Viper, and mine is mediocre at best so thats why its annoying sometimes.. :lol

LaneDS

My most important question is this: is there a rendition of Guile's SFII music in this? And is it excellent? That is all.

Dai Kaiju

pelicansurf said:
I live on Corbit St, off of New London. It'd be hilarious if you were secretly my roommate or something.

Also, me and my friends who are pretty damn good at Gears got eliminated by a bunch of 12-13 year old wearing Bengals jerseys. Fucking depressing.

You wanna be really creeped out? I'm in your house. Check the bathroom.

Teknoman

LaneDS said:
My most important question is this: is there a rendition of Guile's SFII music in this? And is it excellent? That is all.

1.Yes
2. Hell yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMSKh2SiS5M

jett said:
Does anyone know if the SF4 theme(*not* that stupid song) is a remix of an older theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnhhtPNw1c&fmt=18

It sounds so familiar to me.

Dont think it is, only other place i've heard it was in one of the trailers (I think).

However I do propose that whenever we get around to GAF SFIV tournaments, Volcano rim will always be the stage for the match that decides the champ.

Guled

Jirotrom said:
can anyone tell me how the costume DLC is working? pricing and details?
Grapplers Pack - Zangief, E Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
Beauty Pack - Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
Shoryuken Pack - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
Shadoloo Pack - Dictator, Sagat, Claw, Boxer, Seth
Classic Pack - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long

$4 each pack, one pack comes out per week

Guled said:
Grapplers Pack - Zangief, E Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
Beauty Pack - Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
Shoryuken Pack - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
Shadoloo Pack - Dictator, Sagat, Claw, Boxer, Seth
Classic Pack - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long

$4 each pack, one pack comes out per week
additionally, a full costume unlock pack goes up April 30th for $12.50 / 1000 MS pts

CE comes with a voucher for the Grappler pack.

My local Gamestop also just called me (which is funny because I was about to call them) and told me that they are going to have the game in tomorrow afternoon if you pre-ordered.

bumpkin

Dai Kaiju said:
Me too, actually. I'm in Newark and they said the same thing.

Oh and i'm sorry if this has already been posted but, here's the official description for SFIV from the gamestop.com home page :lol
The managers at those stores must be going to grab it early or something because my local store told me Wednesday even though I told them I have a preorder. I'm up in New Hampshire. :(

Maybe I'll be annoying and call to check before I leave work tomorrow, but I've more or less accepted I won't have it until Wednesday.

Antdogg355 said:
My local Gamestop also just called me (which is funny because I was about to call them) and told me that they are going to have the game in tomorrow afternoon if you pre-ordered.
Fuck, either my Gamestop is too lazy to call, or I will be getting the game Wed. :(

_dementia said:
additionally, a full costume unlock pack goes up April 30th for $12.50 / 1000 MS pts

CE comes with a voucher for the Grappler pack.

Has this been confirmed? I thought the full pack was confirmed for Japan only.

common people with the CE!! how many tracks on the OST?
anybody?

gotta know if it a lame GTA4 or MGS4 skimmed OST with minimal tracks or a full fledged 3rd Strike Strategy Guide OST

pelicansurf

bumpkin said:
The managers at those stores must be going to grab it early or something because my local store told me Wednesday even though I told them I have a preorder. I'm up in New Hampshire. :(

Maybe I'll be annoying and call to check before I leave work tomorrow, but I've more or less accepted I won't have it until Wednesday.
My roommate's from Portsmith(portsmouth?), NH. DUN DUN DUN, THE SEQUEL.

Zapages

gutter_trash said:
common people with the CE!! how many tracks on the OST?
anybody?

gotta know if it a lame GTA4 or MGS4 skimmed OST with minimal tracks or a full fledged 3rd Strike Strategy Guide OST

I think someone here said it has 17 tracks. :)

jett

D-Member
Vormund said:
Hmm maybe you just heard it a bit in some of the trailers and forgot about it *shrugs*

That's it probably, I've watched some of those trailers so many times the music is stuck in my brain. :p Really like that tune though...

Teknoman

LaneDS said:
Awwwesome. Also, thanks.

Edit: My roommate and I just nerdgasm'd at this.

All the SFIV'ified classic themes sound great so far, and i'm hoping there is a way to hear them in normal versus besides coming up against the character's rival.

Top Bottom