• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

nasero

bumpkin said:
The managers at those stores must be going to grab it early or something because my local store told me Wednesday even though I told them I have a preorder. I'm up in New Hampshire. :(

Maybe I'll be annoying and call to check before I leave work tomorrow, but I've more or less accepted I won't have it until Wednesday.

I'm also in New Hampshire and others told me Thursday.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guled said:
Grapplers Pack - Zangief, E Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
Beauty Pack - Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
Shoryuken Pack - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
Shadoloo Pack - Dictator, Sagat, Claw, Boxer, Seth
Classic Pack - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long

$4 each pack, one pack comes out per week
Really want that Shadaloo pack.

LaneDS

Teknoman said:
All the SFIV'ified classic themes sound great so far, and i'm hoping there is a way to hear them in normal versus besides coming up against the character's rival.

Still exciting even if it ends up that they're not played very often. I'm motoring through all the themes on YouTube after your original link and the OST is just an awesome throwback at times.

bumpkin

nasero said:
I'm also in New Hampshire and others told me Thursday.
mgs4_2.jpg

"BROTHER!"

What town are you in? I'm in Concord.

kle89

Neo Member
i got a question about the fight sticks, when playing online against other fools, wouldn't they have an advantage (considering they're good) over regular controllers?

Zapages

Guled said:
how many tracks are on the OST?

The OST is 2 CDs... So I guess around 28 or 30... I guess....

CE has Soundtrack = 17 tracks or so, Anime, Bonus Characters (Brawler), figurine and Mini Strategy guide.. Is it worth the extra 20 bucks???

bumpkin

Zapages said:
The OST is 2 CDs... So I guess around 28 or 30... I guess....

CE has Soundtrack = 17 tracks or so, Anime, Bonus Characters (Brawler), figurine and Mini Strategy guide.. Is it worth the extra 20 bucks???
Well a torrent I found of the OST had multiple versions of the same tracks; remixes and slightly alternate arrangements. I'd say it's possible that 17 would encompass a majority of the unique tracks, but I guess we'll see when we get our CE's.

FinKL

akachan ningen said:
Are you gonna tell us the results? Or do we have to wait for the traffic on srk to die down?

Wired vs Wireless on both PS3 and Xbox360

Wired has a 0.1 of a Frame (in a 60 Frames per second game) advantage if that at times.

AKA, they are identical to debunk the myth once and for all

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
akachan ningen said:
Are you gonna tell us the results? Or do we have to wait for the traffic on srk to die down?
I accessed the site fine and it said that Six Axis had no extra lag in comparison to the 360 wired controller. Aka no advantage for the hardcore player if he chooses to go with the PS3 instead of the 360.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
kle89 said:
i got a question about the fight sticks, when playing online against other fools, wouldn't they have an advantage (considering they're good) over regular controllers?
Yeah, if it's the 360 controller. If the quality of the input devices is roughly equal then it will just come down to comfort. Some people will be able execute better on one or the other depending on their past experience.

bumpkin said:
Well a torrent I found of the OST had multiple versions of the same tracks; remixes and slightly alternate arrangements. I'd say it's possible that 17 would encompass a majority of the unique tracks, but I guess we'll see when we get our CE's.

I found the sound quality of that T to be meh.I am buying the import 2 disk OST from Play-Asia.

NORMAL version of SF4 the game for me.

I don't care about the anime, I don't like Naruto art and I hate the Dark-Hado story line. I think it is Devil-Jin stupid. oooogggg dark evil intent...

I am not a fan of UDON art either, I dont care about the mini-guide

I only wanted a full good quality OST

Teknoman

Arde5643 said:
Anyone thinks that El Fuerte's theme sounds like a OG sentai theme? I love it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONMu5zvdQL4

All we need now is an image of Fuerte riding one of the sentai bikes to make transformation complete - he's already got the mask and everything. :lol

HENSHIN!
fuerte-06.jpg

Super dynamic chef GO!
fuerte-10.jpg

henhowc said:
The remix for Sakura's theme is pretty great too. It helps that it was awesome in Alpha 2 already. :)

Thats why im hoping Dan's theme is an SFA2 throwback.

Damn C.Viper's theme is crazy!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Thats why im hoping Dan's theme is an SFA2 throwback.

From what I've heard (off Youtube) all of the Alpha characters have their themes from Alpha 1 and 2. So I'm assuming Dan's will be the same. But then again Dan is a super special character, maybe they came up with an entirely new one just for him. :lol

Teknoman

henhowc said:
From what I've heard (off Youtube) all of the Alpha characters have their themes from Alpha 1 and 2. So I'm assuming Dan's will be the same. But then again Dan is a super special character, maybe they came up with an entirely new one just for him. :lol

Well even though he was a joke character from the start, his SFA theme was really cool. Maybe that was the trick? Extremely cool theme for a joke character?

LowParry

henhowc said:

I was always more fond of the Puzzle Fighter HD mixes.

I really wish UPS drives faster and deliver the shipments to down south. oh well. after work tomorrow i'll go driving around GS and stalking them to see anyways but OMG! it's almost here!

Teknoman

No_Style said:
I prefer the SFA2 track a lot more. Then the SFA2 Gold version.

I kinda miss Guy and his theme, but El Fuerte seems to take care of that. Used to dash all over the place with Guy :lol

akachan ningen said:

Maybe I dont understand stick modding...but wasnt switching the buttons kinda pointless especially with custom controller configs?

EDIT: Oh he just wanted to have the black buttons in the middle. But yeah I REALLY hope my standard edition stick doesnt start acting screwy like that. I know im going to get into heated SFIV matches...and I just hope the stick stands the test of time.

Then again, some people have had a few issues with certain TE sticks, so I guess its just a minor alottment that got affected.

hey! anyone know how walmart works? they have the place settings for the game in the display cases. if its a 24 hr location u think they'll put em out at midnight or what?

dfyb

Banned
SlaughterX said:
OMG everyone make your new SF4 avatar!

03_090217044548_0021019_0_12.jpg

My mouth was under my bottom lip in the video... :lol
was messing around with it yesterday

justinGat.jpg

impressive, considering you don't have to configure face points for the software to reference -- does it all automatically.

MobiusPigeon said:
hey! anyone know how walmart works? they have the place settings for the game in the display cases. if its a 24 hr location u think they'll put em out at midnight or what?

At mine I normally have to go ask someone working if they have the game, and then they have to go in the back and look for it, lol.

Surfheart

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but is there any reason to choose one version over another besides controller prefs? Can't fibd any sticks in these parts yet :{

No_Style said:
God damn. So that "problem" is relatively easy to fix? I just ordered two sticks for myself and a friend. I hope we don't have the mentioned issues. :(

I think it has something to do with a loose washer scratching up the PCB. You should probably just replace the sticks with a Sanwa JLF or Seimitsu.

No_Style

GalacticAE said:
I think it has something to do with a loose washer scratching up the PCB. You should probably just replace the sticks with a Sanwa JLF or Seimitsu.

I'm tempted to just throw down the $214 CAD for the TE stick to avoid headaches, but I just can't justify that kind of money for an arcade stick (I got 2 SEs for the price of a single TE.) The guy mentioned something about applying glue to the washer to keep it in place. Would that work?

Teknoman

No_Style said:
I'm tempted to just throw down the $214 CAD for the TE stick to avoid headaches, but I just can't justify that kind of money for an arcade stick. The guy mentioned something about applying glue to the washer to keep it in place. Would that work?

I still say go with the SE stick if you were in the first place. A few people have had TE problems too looking at the SRK forums.

Top Bottom