• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

keanerie

Guled said:
I wonder why with the game out tomorrow we are still missing reviews from major sites, the embargo ended yesterday so wheres the flood of reviews

Allow me to speak for everyone else in this profession when I say: journalists are lazy.

Teknoman

bounchfx said:
pft.. they'll have it tomorrow AFTERNOON.

this is a HUGE release, why the hell is there no midnight launch?

Got about 3 calls about that, and alot of people thought it was supposed to release today.

EDIT: You know who would've been a cool secondary heavy fighter addition? Birdie. Bet his expressions would've been hilarious. His chain powered special attacks would've been insane.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Zapages said:
I went to Best Buy earlier today... They get the shipment tomorrow. I was told to come tomorrow afternoon to pick it up aka pre-orders only. But if did not pre-order then you can get it on Wednesday....

This is so freaking STUPID, why this policy for games and nothing else. If they have the game tomorrow just sell it. Did we have to wait an extra day for the Dark Knight? So I have to pre-order tonight to get it tomorrow.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
YakiSOBA said:
WAIT -- if I go to ebgames tomorrow, I can only buy the game if I have a pre-order, otherwise I need to wait until Wednesday?
It all depends if they get more than the pre-order allotment. Quite simple, really.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Guled said:
I wonder why with the game out tomorrow we are still missing reviews from major sites, the embargo ended yesterday so wheres the flood of reviews
Maybe they're actually going to take the game online before reviewing it. That would be an interesting change of pace.

MrWhitefolks

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone cares, but I whipped up a neat Patapon template for the TE sticks today. Hopefully someone can get a use out of it (it's the only high-res art I had that fit well with the layout provided by MarkMan). If, however, this should be posted in the NeoGAF sticks thread, then by all means curse me up oneside and down the other and I'll promptly move it. :)

So does anyone know what stores will probably be stocking the CE version of the game? I'm sure Gamestop is preorders only, but what about Fry's, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Game Crazy, Target, and Blockbuster?

keanerie

MrWhitefolks said:
Not sure if anyone cares, but I whipped up a neat Patapon template for the TE sticks today. Hopefully someone can get a use out of it (it's the only high-res art I had that fit well with the layout provided by MarkMan). If, however, this should be posted in the NeoGAF sticks thread, then by all means curse me up oneside and down the other and I'll promptly move it. :)

Very nice!

Marjorine

My Gamestop here in Rochester, Michigan (next to Target and Best Buy if you're local) somehow got them in tonight and were selling them since about 7:30 PM.

Needless to say, I was pretty happy. According to the manager the DM drove to the distribution warehouse and brought them to his stores, so maybe other Gamestops near Detroit have them too.

The game is pretty sweet. I have lost 5 of 6 online, but I have yet to get totally owned, so hey, so far, so good.

Marjorine said:
My Gamestop here in Rochester, Michigan (next to Target and Best Buy if you're local) somehow got them in tonight and were selling them since about 7:30 PM.

Needless to say, I was pretty happy. According to the manager the DM drove to the distribution warehouse and brought them to his stores, so maybe other Gamestops near Detroit have them too.

The game is pretty sweet. I have lost 5 of 6 online, but I have yet to get totally owned, so hey, so far, so good.

Did you get the CE? Wouldn't mind seeing pics if you did!!

Marjorine

DoctorWho said:

I did. I am not totally impressed with the figure. Let me see if I can dig up my digital camera and take a pic that won't humiliate myself with it's crappiness.

Got a call, called other GS's from Seattle down to Sacramento to see if that was true and it looks like it is.

Sounds like they called up UPS and pulled a Jack Bauer on them getting them at least by tomorrow.

Marjorine said:
I did. I am not totally impressed with the figure. Let me see if I can dig up my digital camera and take a pic that won't humiliate myself with it's crappiness.

Thanks!

I've heard mixed reaction to the figures.

bounchfx

Teknoman said:
2yukpkz.jpg

Ugh, I was already starving but after reading that NOW IM EVEN HUNGRIER

Takuan

Canada? :(

I plan on PM'ing Best Buy with Amazon, then using my gift card which should be worth at least $10 (hurray for office gift swaps).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
VictimOfGrief said:
Got a call, called other GS's from Seattle down to Sacramento to see if that was true and it looks like it is.

Sounds like they called up UPS and pulled a Jack Bauer on them getting them at least by tomorrow.

I seriously Hope you are right.

Teknoman said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2yukpkz.jpg[IMG]

Man I cant wait to get familiar with super dynamic cooking lucha style![/QUOTE]

I've tried to get used to his design but I still can't. Ramon, for one, is way cooler.

[IMG]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/ramon-jumpkick.gif
biba mexico!

VictimOfGrief said:

sacramento?

oh boy you're my hero for calling them :>
and i really hope your right, after class i can literally just walk over to gamestop
FUCK CALC YO!

Akim

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:

call my gamestop for me, my phone is broken!

(did you call any in tacoma?)

I had my buddy call yesterday and they said wednesday :(

I'm starting to get decent with abel, which is commendable on the POS shit 360 pad. I've been landing cr. fp to ultra's with ease. I'm still not comfortable/confident enough to attempt fadc, but hopefully that'll change tomorrow when i get my stick.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
neojubei said:
What pattern?

Constant wake up SRKs and Ultras. If some of his opponents would be a bit more patient and bait him, then punish, they would be in a much better position.

MoxManiac

Hmm, is it possible an east coaster like me might be able to get it tommorrow at gamestop (I have a preorder) Man, if I could be playing this tommorrow night...

Takuan said:
Canada? :(

I plan on PM'ing Best Buy with Amazon, then using my gift card which should be worth at least $10 (hurray for office gift swaps).

As far as I know (what my local EB Games manager friend told me) it looks like it would be Wednesday. I'm going to hit up BB and FS at lunch AND on my way home, to see what's up...

Marjorine

DoctorWho said:

Here you go. Not the best pic, but I am not great at taking photos and stuff. If my wife was at home you'd have gotten a couple better shots. :lol

SFIV.jpg

The figure is smaller than I thought it would be. I probably could have lessened my surprise if I had done a little more reading about the CE prior to release. The bonus disc is in the box with the game disc. I haven't opened the movie. But you guys all know these details already, so I'll stop boring you.

I preordered the regular, not the CE, but they had an extra couple CEs, and I was hyped...so...yeah, I grabbed it. Maybe all the Gamestops have a couple extra.

Ignore the cat.

dfyb

Banned
akachan ningen said:
I've tried to get used to his design but I still can't. Ramon, for one, is way cooler.

ramon-jumpkick.gif

biba mexico!
this is exactly who i thought of when i saw higher level el fuerte play

Marjorine said:
Here you go. Not the best pic, but I am not great at taking photos and stuff. If my wife was at home you'd have gotten a couple better shots. :lol

SFIV.jpg

The figure is smaller than I thought it would be. I probably could have lessened my surprise if I had done a little more reading about the CE prior to release. The bonus disc is in the box with the game disc. I haven't opened the movie. But you guys all know these details already, so I'll stop boring you.

I preordered the regular, not the CE, but they had an extra couple CEs, and I was hyped...so...yeah, I grabbed it. Maybe all the Gamestops have a couple extra.

Ignore the cat.

Awesome!! I appreciate it. That figure looks tiny though.

This is good news for people who think they might have to wait till Wednesday. If a store has it tonight, that means they shipped it today. I'd be surprised if someone didn't get it tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I was hoping the box would be something like the MGS4:LE case, but I guess not.

outsidah

Marjorine said:

Ignore the cat.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate you right now.

PS - Cats rule! :)

Doing Top 5 hits of stores:

Sacramento area - Gamestop Stores #:
1) #4016 - Says they're getting in Wednesday (and to piss off with the SF4 questions)
2) #2990 - Getting them in by 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) - Asked about Sticks--- Sticks will be in normal shipment by 2-4pm (Both Regular and TE if available)
3) #1055 Says Wednesday
4) EBGames #4230 - Getting them by 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) No info on sticks.
5) #3576 getting them 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) Arcade sticks.... only for PRE-ORDERS.

Guled

Marjorine said:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/sindywow/SFIV.jpg[IMG]

Ignore the cat.[/QUOTE]
tell us about the mini guide that comes with it

Marjorine said:

Ignore the cat.

fuck the CE, POST MORE PICTURES OF THE PUSSY!!!!!!

Marjorine

Guled said:
tell us about the mini guide that comes with it

It's small. Maybe 15 pages, mostly art, a limited moves list...nothing earth shattering. The operative word is "mini".

The instruction booklet, however, is pretty good by today's pathetic standards. It has moves for characters, full color, etc.

The brawler costume pack code is on something very similar in size and style to the Gears of War downloadable freebies from Gamestop, except on cheaper paper.

Marjorine said:
It's small. Maybe 15 pages, mostly art, a limited moves list...nothing earth shattering. The operative word is "mini".

The instruction booklet, however, is pretty good by today's pathetic standards. It has moves for characters, full color, etc.

The brawler costume pack code is on something very similar in size and style to the Gears of War downloadable freebies from Gamestop, except on cheaper paper.

The costume pack specifies that it is for the Brawler Pack?

Top Bottom