• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Guled

Marjorine said:
It's small. Maybe 15 pages, mostly art, a limited moves list...nothing earth shattering. The operative word is "mini".

The instruction booklet, however, is pretty good by today's pathetic standards. It has moves for characters, full color, etc.

The brawler costume pack code is on something very similar in size and style to the Gears of War downloadable freebies from Gamestop, except on cheaper paper.
so the manual is better then the mini guide, what was the point then. Is the figurine at least good quality?
DoctorWho said:
The costume pack specifies that it is for the Brawler Pack?
the Brawler Pack

@Marjorine:
Very important question:
what are tracks on the OST (from the CE) and how many tracks are on it?

the answer to this may swerve my decision from CE back to Normal

Marjorine

No_Style said:
Thanks for the photo Marjorine. How's the figure quality? Decent?

It's alright. It is somewhere between a Star Wars figure you'd buy at Target for 8 bucks and something you'd get in a Happy Meal. Dead middle of that range I'd say. This isn't a Big Daddy situation where you get it and (as long as it wasn't broken...mine was) you know where your money went.

I don't regret buying it, but I am not in college or high school worried about 20 bucks. If you are, and you are buying it for the figure and don't have interest in the movie and other stuff, hold onto your money IMO.

gutter_trash said:
@Marjorine:
Very important question:

Good question.

Also, does the movie suck? Watch it now and get back to us!!:lol :lol

j/k

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
My local Gamestop said they would have it in tomorrow afternoon, so check around if you pre-ordered. They told me that you shouldn't expect to get a stick unless you pre-ordered, even for the SE stick. Fry's has the SE in stock though.

gray_fox224

VictimOfGrief said:
Doing Top 5 hits of stores:

Sacramento area - Gamestop Stores #:
1) #4016 - Says they're getting in Wednesday (and to piss off with the SF4 questions)
2) #2990 - Getting them in by 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) - Asked about Sticks--- Sticks will be in normal shipment by 2-4pm (Both Regular and TE if available)
3) #1055 Says Wednesday
4) EBGames #4230 - Getting them by 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) No info on sticks.
5) #3576 getting them 12pm tomorrow for PRE-ORDERS ONLY (Confirmed PS3 / Xbox 360) Arcade sticks.... only for PRE-ORDERS.

Thanks for doing this. I'm in Davis, so if Sac is doing this, the Gamestops in my town should be mirroring them.

Marjorine

gutter_trash said:
@Marjorine:
Very important question:

I can answer half of it...there are 17 songs on the disc, so it looks like it is pretty decent. I seem to recall getting screwed on "soundtracks" with some other CEs that were 5 songs. There is no listing with the game telling you which song is which, so I have no idea what is on there, nor am I an expert at SF music, so I can't really listen to it and tell you. :D

TimeKillr

gutter_trash said:
I usually check the in-stock of of the BBs in Marche Central, Anjou and Green-Field Park and place pre-orders at EB in Brossard.

I avoid downtown like the plague, I wish we could park our cars on sidewalks like they do in Europe

Gamebuzz is usually good for walk-ins though.

The only place in the city where I could get Atlus games on release day without preorders. You gotta deal with mildly annoying employees though... When I worked at the Place Ville-Marie, I used to go to the one in the Eaton center all the time and sort of befriended the staff through my multiple visits. They're usually pretty cool is they get to know you :)

Chamber said:
So jealous of everyone getting the game tomorrow. Where my Wednesday brothers at?!? :(

I'd still look out for the game tomorrow despite what you are being told. A lot of places will say a day later just to be safe.

Gotta love 24 hour Walmarts that refuse to sell the game until "the morning" despite having them "in the back."

-_-

Maybe it's better that way, though... because if I somehow got a copy tonight, I would probably walk into work a zombie the following morning.

thirtytwoutside said:
Gotta love 24 hour Walmarts that refuse to sell the game until "the morning" despite having them "in the back."

Which Wal-Mart? If mine has them I am reasonably sure I can get them to sell it to me tonight. Thier site even says the 17th.

thirtytwoutside said:

-_-

Maybe it's better that way, though... because if I somehow got a copy tonight, I would probably walk into work a zombie the following morning.

Oh no. Gotta call my local wal-mart tomorrow too. Tomorrow will be a busy day of hunting if Gamestop doesn't get their shipment.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Did they tweak Viper for the console? She feels a lot more useful now. Sakura is great too. Friday night at my house will be EPIC. Lots of beer, lots of friends and lots of SFIV!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
MoxManiac said:
Hmm, is it possible an east coaster like me might be able to get it tommorrow at gamestop (I have a preorder) Man, if I could be playing this tommorrow night...
I called the gamestop around my area and theyre gonna have it. I live in Delaware.

Marjorine said:
It's small. Maybe 15 pages, mostly art, a limited moves list...nothing earth shattering. The operative word is "mini".

The instruction booklet, however, is pretty good by today's pathetic standards. It has moves for characters, full color, etc.

So it has two seperate moves list in the box and one in the game. Yet it seems like all people online can do is hadoken and shoryuken.

Teknoman

akachan ningen said:
So it has two seperate moves list in the box and one in the game. Yet it seems like all people online can do is hadoken and shoryuken.

No Hurricane kicks? (I would've spelled out the actual move, but hurricane kick is easier :lol )

DigitalA1chemy said:
Which Wal-Mart? If mine has them I am reasonably sure I can get them to sell it to me tonight. Thier site even says the 17th.

This is the American Canyon one... that's 44 miles from me (I'm in San Francisco.) What also kinda irked me was that despite politely asking what time in "the morning" they would be selling them, she refused to give me an actual time and kept repeating "the morning."

I know of only 1 other 24 hour Walmart, in Union City, but I couldn't get anywhere when I called them. The lady put me "on hold" and proceeded to help customers for 5 minutes - I could hear her - before I hung up.

Darkman M

:lol Did bestbuy.com send you guys a $20 gift coupon for delaying your sticks? I just got an email with one.:D Guess ill use it towards some MS points for SF dlc.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
akachan ningen said:
I've tried to get used to his design but I still can't. Ramon, for one, is way cooler.

ramon-jumpkick.gif

biba mexico!

edit: oh fine, dont want you guys going epileptic

http://howdoyouspellkjartansson.com/files/gimgs/34_negative.gif

(sorry, I just wanted to use that gif :p )

Darkman M said:
:lol Did bestbuy.com send you guys a $20 gift coupon for delaying your sticks? I just got an email with one.:D Guess ill use it towards some MS points for SF dlc.

I thought the same thing. It's like getting all of the DLC costumes for free!

Akim

Banned
Darkman M said:

Ahhh, good plan. I was gonna do that or buy the SF blu ray.

Also, Haunts. Maybe something nice to add to those guides would be links to video examples of good people playing the characters. I hate having to track down videos.

Jirotrom

Marjorine said:
Here you go. Not the best pic, but I am not great at taking photos and stuff. If my wife was at home you'd have gotten a couple better shots. :lol

SFIV.jpg

The figure is smaller than I thought it would be. I probably could have lessened my surprise if I had done a little more reading about the CE prior to release. The bonus disc is in the box with the game disc. I haven't opened the movie. But you guys all know these details already, so I'll stop boring you.

I preordered the regular, not the CE, but they had an extra couple CEs, and I was hyped...so...yeah, I grabbed it. Maybe all the Gamestops have a couple extra.

Ignore the cat.
/
Do you live in Arlington texas,? That room looks like my old house... really really similar actually.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
btw, for anybody with a GameCrazy around (theyre part of Hollywood video) From what I can gather theyll be selling the game starting at noon tomorrow, so check them out if you can!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DoctorWho said:
I'd still look out for the game tomorrow despite what you are being told. A lot of places will say a day later just to be safe.
I've got it coming overnight from Amazon so no dice for me. I'll just be sitting here with my HRAP3, pretending to play youtube match videos (and wishing I was that good). :(

Dai Kaiju

pelicansurf said:
I called the gamestop around my area and theyre gonna have it. I live in Delaware.

Me too, actually. I'm in Newark and they said the same thing.

Oh and i'm sorry if this has already been posted but, here's the official description for SFIV from the gamestop.com home page :lol

Street Fighter IV
This updated arcade favorite keeps the 2D fighting style that fans know and love, and blends it with beautifully rendered 3D characters and backgrounds. So you fight in 2D and see it in 3D. Time passes as you play, making it 4-dimensional. If you listen to "The Age of Aquarius" while playing, that brings you to the Fifth Dimension.Get it first with In-Store Pickup! 360, PS3, PC

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dai Kaiju said:
Me too, actually. I'm in Newark and they said the same thing.

Oh and i'm sorry if this has already been posted but, here's the official description for SFIV from the gamestop.com home page :lol
Lolz I also live in Newark, DE. Fuckin creepy.

Zapages

I have PS3 CE version pre-order... It was not because of the Ryu Figerine, not really into those things... It was more for the Anime, Soundtrack, and bonus extra costume pack(which I would have bought over time either way) Now I am having double thoughts about it.... Is it worth the extra 20 bucks???

Top Bottom