• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Bah, I really want to get an arcade stick...I've never bought one for use with a console fighter...I still remember snooping through my parents' bedroom and seeing that copy of street fighter 2 box...What a great Christmas that was!

So quickly, what arcade stick would GAF recommend that is reasonably priced? I'm sure it's in the thread but I don't feel like searching through and compiling...Will I have a hard time getting one even a week from now?
vf_arcade_stick.jpg

MGrant

Alright. I am going to get out of bed, shower, and then head to Manhattan to Video Games New York, who told me yesterday they'd have the game this morning.

I'm not a religious man, but I will take your prayers.

Just looked through some of the mycheats character specific guides. Great work haunts. Those will be a great help for me trying to learn characters that aren't my main(s).

Stalfos

~Devil Trigger~ said:
just watched the GT review...

IM KEEPING THE ANNOUNCER ON!!!:D
Haha, I think I will to :D At least initially, don't know if he'll start to get on my nerves after a lot of fights.

GQman2121

Banned
Kintaro said:
GameStop is the only place in this neck of the woods that would carry an arcade stick. Also where I pre-ordered the TE sticks. Sadly, they are the Obi Wan Kenobi of this area.

I swear, it's towns like yours that keep GS in business.

xt04

Neo Member
Today shall be a glorious day.

Off work for "personal time..."

New couch delivery, then off to Gamestop around the corner to pick up Heaven in a Box. I feel like im 12 again!

SFIV - Fountain of Youth.

Well, I'm pissed.

I pre-ordered my copy from GameSpot, with overnight shipping, back in May (the day they launched the pre-order campaign).

My order is still "open" -- they haven't even charged my credit card yet. What's the point of paying extra for overnight shipping if the game is going to arrive in stores a day before I get it? I wanted it the same day it would be available everywhere else.

Bah.

mh56 said:
so canada whats the deal on this game? future shop and best buy are saying its the 19th>_<

My money is on the 19th.

As for today; Walmart MAYBE and EB told me last week that they would have it today for sure...which means they'll have it on the 19th. o_O

Nightz

Today is gonna be one LOOONG day at work. I came in early so I can leave an hour earlier, but you guys will still be playing it way before me. 8 hours left!

Alivor

brandonh83 said:
calling Gamestop in 10 minutes when they open, fingers crossed, etc.
Same here... 4 Gamestops around here guaranteed they'd have it, but we'll see. One of them didn't get Gears of War in until a week after it released...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
tonight will be so glorious... no sticks/pads yet but my boys and i will get down on some sfiv and beers in hoboken :D

-PXG-

Hmm.....I was thinking about trading in Mirror's Edge (PS3). I beat it ages ago, and loved it, but I'm pretty much done with it (stupid DLC got delayed). I also got Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles still in their shrink wrap. Ar Tonelico 2 is till in mint, but I could return it........

I'm betting both the 360 and PS3 version. $15 already down on 360 and $5 on PS3.

Barrett2

My hopes are for either Walmart, Target, or Gamecraze. I would rather wait than buy it at Gamestop, my hate for that place is enough to make me wait.

-PXG- said:
Hmm.....I was thinking about trading in Mirror's Edge (PS3). I beat it ages ago, and loved it, but I'm pretty much done with it (stupid DLC got delayed). I also got Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles still in their shrink wrap. Ar Tonelico 2 is till in mint, but I could return it........

I'm betting both the 360 and PS3 version. $15 already down on 360 and $5 on PS3.

they'll give you like $10 for ME. you should just sell some of those on gaf.

-PXG-

akachan ningen said:
they'll give you like $10 for ME. you should just sell some of those on gaf.

$17 actually, last time I checked. I could be wrong though :p

I don't know how corporate is handling the release. I believe that only some stores are authorized to sell SFIV today, while others have to wait for tomorrow. My store gets to sell it today :D

Raw64life

Going to look around Best Buy and others today in my area (Long Island) for this today along with the PS3 pad and DQV. Seeing as places around me usually don't get things on time let alone early, I fully expect to come home completely empty handed today.

ShinAmano

jon bones said:
tonight will be so glorious... no sticks/pads yet but my boys and i will get down on some sfiv and beers in hoboken :D
Hoboken love! Grab a Pizza and make the experience complete. (Haven't been to Hoboken since Beta tapes...the pizza is still good right :D )

-PXG-

ShinAmano said:
Hoboken love! Grab a Pizza and make the experience complete. (Haven't been to Hoboken since Beta tapes...the pizza is still good right :D )

NJ/NYC GAF needs to get together sometime for real.

Grifter

For those of you who have been contacting Gamestop (corporate? service?) about TE sticks, do they give you any real info?

Mine fed me a load of BS. She knew immediately the item I was talking about, then said it was just a shipping issue to my store. I was like "if this is only isolated to my store, how are you so confident about knowing my issue before I explained the problem or pointed out my location?"

ravien56

this is for the canadians really...mostly ontario, I just called a bunch of places, havent checked walmart yet, but although it says on the fs and bb websites that its the 19th, speaking to them the line is "we havent got them yet" so it is coming in today apparntely...I called eb, same thing, and I just called hmv, and they said before noon...10:00 here so far.

web01 said:
Anyone else playing this getting raped by the cheating A.I?
Or am I just really really bad?

One of the reviews I read said the AI was cheap and dirty. I just hope that they can patch it up a bit to make it less annoying. I doubt you can radically change the AI with a patch though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ShinAmano said:

oh the pizza is glorious... i lived there for 5 years and i missed the pizza the most.

gio's for the win <3

mh56 said:
this is for the canadians really...mostly ontario, I just called a bunch of places, havent checked walmart yet, but although it says on the fs and bb websites that its the 19th, speaking to them the line is "we havent got them yet" so it is coming in today apparntely...I called eb, same thing, and I just called hmv, and they said before noon...10:00 here so far.

I forgot about HMV...

Maybe the Source as well. I have to go out in an hour so I'll update later when I know.

ShinAmano

-PXG- said:
Lol...I am in VA now, but used to kick it in Ridgewood NJ a while back...most of my moms side is still up there.

jon bones said:
oh the pizza is glorious... i lived there for 5 years and i missed the pizza the most.

gio's for the win <3

Good to hear...I loved that stuff.

Median

mh56 said:

My local EB said they're expecting it on Wednesday, but there's a chance it'll come in today. I'm gonna call in the afternoon after they've had a chance to unpack their shipments. I'm not even gonna bother asking about the sticks at this point. :(

GQman2121

Banned
-PXG- said:

It's funny you bring up ME; I've been doing the Time Trials the last few days to kill time before SFIV.

The Time Trials (and even speed runs) make up for the horribly-disappointing story mode.

brendanrfoley said:
Well, I'm pissed.

I pre-ordered my copy from GameSpot, with overnight shipping, back in May (the day they launched the pre-order campaign).

My order is still "open" -- they haven't even charged my credit card yet. What's the point of paying extra for overnight shipping if the game is going to arrive in stores a day before I get it? I wanted it the same day it would be available everywhere else.

Bah.
Same case.

DustinC

I'm really hoping the local GS will have it today. When I finished paying off the preorder the week before, the clerk mentioned he was pretty sure they were going to sell it on the ship date as opposed to the day after. So hopefully that holds up.

-PXG-

Chamber said:
It probably doesn't make much sense to check stores before noon. I'm doing it anyway.

Its rare when a store gets an early morning/ opening shipment. Best to check at between 11 and noon.

We got LBP a few days before it was supposed to be re-launched. It was supposed to come out the 28th, but we got a early morning shipment on the 25th, and only sold it to those who pre-ordered it. GameStop payed aloooooooooooooooot in order to get that shit early. A whole lot.

My store is only selling SFIV to those who pre-ordered it. We'll probably get another shipment for overstock/ non-pre-orders tomorrow. If we're REALLY lucky we might get another shipment tonight. We ran out of Fear 2 for the 360, but got a (very rare) night shipment to replenish our supply.

Good luck to all of you :D

Guled

mh56 said:
has EB Games said anything?

GQman2121

Banned
-PXG- said:

What tunnel do you take to get into the city? Lincoln or Holland? I guess it depends on what part of the city you're going to, but Hoboken is like right in the middle of both isn't it? I have a friend from High School who just got married last summer and ended up moving there.

Spent last night playing Super Street Fighter 2 SNES, Hyper SF2 Anniversary Edition PS2, SF3: Third Strike PS2 and SFA3 PS2 to get myself in full Street Fighter mode.

I am so fucking ready to buy and play SF4 the second it appears in this city.
Anyone in NYC with any word of where it might be in stock?

Chorazin

Oh gods, I called my Gamestop and they already have the game in store.

I am so thinking of leaving at lunch and taking the rest of the day off.

TwIsTeD

yea my gamestop was one of the few stores to actually get it today, grabbing my ce in an hour and possibly skipping class tonight.....damn sfiv + TE Stick = my stomach in knots :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Chorazin said:
Oh gods, I called my Gamestop and they already have the game in store.

I am so thinking of leaving at lunch and taking the rest of the day off.

They told me tomorrow morning, so I told him if I find it somewhere else, pre-order is getting cancelled.

Top Bottom