• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-PXG-

GQman2121 said:
What tunnel do you take to get into the city? Lincoln or Holland? I guess it depends on what part of the city you're going to, but Hoboken is like right in the middle of both isn't it? I have a friend from High School who just got married last summer and ended up moving there.

Lincoln. Every time I've been through the Holland and Jersey City, it was a massive cluster fuck.

U K Narayan said:
Same case.

Glad I'm not alone.

When I pre-ordered back in May, it said I would get a free "gift." That so-called gift is now back-ordered (I don't know how, considering I must have been one of the first thousand or so to pre-order).

If that free crap holds up my order, I will rage out. Rage.

MGrant

captmcblack said:
Spent last night playing Super Street Fighter 2 SNES, Hyper SF2 Anniversary Edition PS2, SF3: Third Strike PS2 and SFA3 PS2 to get myself in full Street Fighter mode.

I am so fucking ready to buy and play SF4 the second it appears in this city.
Anyone in NYC with any word of where it might be in stock?

Video Games New York (202 E 6th Street) told me yesterday that it should be on sale this morning. They open at 11, so we'll see.

Also NYC GAF should totally meet up in a non-creepy manner, because I probably won't have a screen on which to play this until Friday :(

brendanrfoley said:
Glad I'm not alone.

When I pre-ordered back in May, it said I would get a free "gift." That so-called gift is now back-ordered (I don't know how, considering I must have been one of the first thousand or so to pre-order).

If that free crap holds up my order, I will rage out. Rage.
Me, too.

I'm going to be pretty angry if my order doesn't come in, today.

fabs115

Checked wal mart in penn station at about 8am, nothing. Will check at the gamestop where I preordered in rock ctr at lunch.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hmmmm, I just turned on my 360, started up SFIV and got an update - but I see nothing new so I don't know if it's the Tournament patch...

Alivor

Wait...I just got Gamestop Ashley call....saying tomorrow night. Oh well, I guess you can't trust computers (I hope?)...

Median

Varshes said:
Toronto GAFers, EB is getting the game today on special delivery according to a couple stores! Bug your stores!

What stores exactly? I'm hoping this bodes well for me out in the suburbs of the GTA :D

Alivor said:
Wait...I just got Gamestop Ashley call....saying tomorrow night. Oh well, I guess you can't trust computers (I hope?)...

If you're going to gamestop today anyways just tell them you came to pick up the game because of ashley. can't hurt.

Gamestop closest to me has it but they're giving it to non-preorder customers tomorrow.

sorry Gamestop that I don't feel that it's necessary to preorder absolutely every single game I plan on buying. goddamn. now that I'll definitely be able to get it at Wal-Mart tonight at midnight, that means they lose a customer. I suppose preordering ain't all that hot shit NOW, is it?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My Gamestop said Wednesday when I was there this weekend. I got an Ashley call to pick up DQV today, so I'm gonna swing by on a late lunch and hope to god the have it.

Then hope to god I don't have to work late tonight. My anticipation is at a fever pitch.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
For anybody in Hamilton, Ontario or nearby, of the 2 EBs and 1 Gamestop I called they all said they'll be getting it in some time after 3! Would've killed me if I had to wait another day... :D

edit: Futureshop says later today or tomorrow.

MIMIC

Banned
I only have a few more minutes to try out the game but I just won my first online match :D I did the non-ranked matches....too afraid to hop into ranked until I get my adapter for my PSX controller.

Guile > all

is there any way to convince stinking best buy there's no street date? I have a feeling they're hording the game in the back but won't sell them until tomorrow

HMMMM BestBuy has moved SF4 from coming to new releases, ans the store locattor now says they have them for pickup but I'm still seeing tomorrow listed as the date. What are the odds of me NOT being disappointed if I go?

CPS2

How do you unlock Gouken? The guides on iplaywinner and gamefaqs are different. I've fought and beaten Gouken using one credit, twice, but he doesn't unlock...

BobTheFork said:
HMMMM BestBuy has moved SF4 from coming to new releases, ans the store locattor now says they have them for pickup but I'm still seeing tomorrow listed as the date. What are the odds of me NOT being disappointed if I go?

Not good. After band practice tonight, I'm just finna go to Wal-Mart.

Baker

Banned
darkressurection said:
Gah, if my GS doesn't have the game today I am going to flip out.

I live in a town of less than 20,000 people and our Gamestop is getting it in at 1:00pm today. That would make me assume all the GS's would have it.

If not, that's just lame.

Alivor

Well GAF, I just got a call from the Gamestop store, saying they got it a day early. I already sent someone out to pick it up. :D :D :D

Barrett2

BobTheFork said:

I wouldn't go to any store today without calling first.

Baker said:
I live in a town of less than 20,000 people and our Gamestop is getting it in at 1:00pm today. That would make me assume all the GS's would have it.

If not, that's just lame.
The GS I preordered at is supposedly the #1 in the state so I will be more than a little miffed if they don't get copies in today.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
brandonh83 said:
did you... tell your boss/manager why?

Oh he knows, we had a lengthy discussion about Street Fighter today, he was wondering which stock controller is better so he's getting it on the PS3.

prodystopian said:
Where did you order from?

ShopTo.net for both game and stick.

rance said:
the analog stick works fine. not sure why dudes are so insistent on using the d-pad when stuck with a 360 controller

as far as i'm concerned, both the ds3/360 pads suck for fighters because of 4 face buttons

you've obviously never used the 360 dpad or analog on a street fighter game. inputs is why too chaotic. pressing fwd sometimes registers as up/fwd. it's just horrible. i'm really good with the dpad (grew up playing it) but the 360 dpad/analog combo is just horrible for anything resembling a fighting game.

I just got my Asian copy!
it's not the Japanese one, it's the HK one. The manual is in English and the menus are in English too, I went straight to HDD install then I left home to got to work

I will only play this evening when I get back home

I am so freakin happy that I finally got it!!!!
If all the menus and text are in English, I will cancel my USA CE pre-order, I dont care about the anime :p

lawblob said:
I wouldn't go to any store today without calling first.
well, I'm about to do some errands so I'm going to run by, but it's still the best bet. Wal-mart here has NEVER had a game for sale on releae date, and I never pre-ordered with GS so it's going to take some luck.

Takuan

Dez said:
which canadian outlet is selling it for 60? The only one I know of is amazon.ca
Dell's also selling it for $60. There is/was some 7% EPP discount that brought it down to ~$52. I'd like to pick the game up today, though. Guess I've gotta pay the premium, unless Best Buy manages to get it in today.

Top Bottom