• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lumine

So awesome. I just got it and already love it. It's pretty old school, but in a lovely polished HD jacket. It's really smooth too, which makes it feel a lot like Third Strike. Except for the absense of parries, but hey. Abel just kicked my arse, so I guess it's time to head to training mode first. :)

ps. what the hell is up with that terrible r&b song in the intro and menu? :p

LowParry

Lumine said:
So awesome. I just got it and already love it. It's pretty old school, but in a lovely polished HD jacket. It's really smooth too, which makes it feel a lot like Third Strike. Except for the absense of parries, but hey. Abel just kicked my arse, so I guess it's time to head to training mode first. :)

ps. what the hell is up with that terrible r&b song in the intro and menu? :p

It's the best song you'll ever hear from this day forward. Follow us zombies to its awakening.

Kaibutsu

WickedLaharl said:
wtf amazon is really annoying me now

first they tell me my order for the 360 CE is back-ordered even tho i placed a pre-order on december 8th. then they tell me my order for the fightpad is canceled when i didn't cancel shit.

fuck

yeah, this "In stock on February 19, 2009" bullshit is pissing me off

[Nintex]

So there's this poll running on a Dutch forum:

"What controller wil you use for SFIV"

Options:
1. Dualshock/Sixaxis
2. Normal 360 controller
3. Fightpad
4. Arcadestick

To my surprise normal 360 controller got more votes than the fightpad and Arcade stick. So I replied with: "Why are you guys voting for the 360 pad. It's more or less impossible to play SFIV with a shitty D-pad"

The reply, and I shit you not:
"You do know that it has an analog stick right, just like an arcade controller?"

How many facepalm gifs/jpeg's should I post?

Ronabo

My gift to all Street Fighter Gaffers. I've had this stupid book for years and I decided to take a couple pics.

sorry about the quality.

[Nintex] said:

Options:
1. Dualshock/Sixaxis
2. Normal 360 controller
3. Fightpad
4. Arcadestick

To my surprise normal 360 controller got more votes than the fightpad and Arcade stick. So I replied with: "Why are you guys voting for the 360 pad. It's more or less impossible to play SFIV with a shitty D-pad"

"You do know that it has an analog stick right, just like an arcade controller?"

:lol it would be an easy 10 win from them.

Cynar

fuck, I really wanted to get a ps3 and this but all my friends have a 360 so looks like I'm going to be jumping in. *shakes his fist in vain*

def sim

[Nintex] said:

Options:
1. Dualshock/Sixaxis
2. Normal 360 controller
3. Fightpad
4. Arcadestick

the analog stick works fine. not sure why dudes are so insistent on using the d-pad when stuck with a 360 controller

as far as i'm concerned, both the ds3/360 pads suck for fighters because of 4 face buttons

McLovin

Cynar said:
fuck, I really wanted to get a ps3 and this but all my friends have a 360 so looks like I'm going to be jumping in. *shakes his fist in vain*
Screw your friends Killzone comes out in next week >.<

ShinAmano

So last night I fired up the TE stick for the first time.

First a little history. A long time ago I used to be an arcade tech (around the time of Super) and I was a big fan of the Bat with 6 buttons. However once the Sega Saturn came out I switched my preference to that godly controller (I mean the OG one not the redesigned Japanese one) and used it on every system since including the 360.

When I was in the arcade I used to have difficulty pulling off moves when my player was facing left...this could be the reason I started to prefer the pad in the first place.

Anyhow the TE stick ball top felt good in the hand and the buttons are super sensitive. I was able to play and do almost everything I wanted to (360s and supers were hit or miss) and feel that given time I will be able to get back on the stick train.

The TE stick is a fantastic piece of hardware and I look forward to trying out Street Fighter 4 with it later today!

:D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Finally got to Gouken after a few shitty run-throughs and getting swamped by Seth and realised I hadn't finished the game with Akuma yet. Buuuuu~

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Amazon now saying in stock on the 19th?

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

Time to search every Wal-Mart/Best Buy in a 25 mile radius.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My importer says than on 24/25 they will receive SF IV !!! NEXT WEEK !!! :D
AWEEEESOOOMEEEE !

Barrett2

Man I hope I can find this today! Please god, please...

"No matter what, no matter how, I know i'll make it through somehooooow!"

IN-DESTRUCTIBLE!

WickedLaharl said:
i canceled my order with amazon and placed one with buy.com.

it's already in the shipping process and i've been charged.

sweet

Buy.com's "shipping process" doesn't really mean shit. It took almost a week from when I ordered last time I bought from them.

I bought from amazon, knowing they'd never ship on time, so I preordered at GS too. My plan is to take the one I eventually get from amazon back to GS for a refund. It's basically a 10 dollar difference considering the price drop and no tax.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
God I love this game.

Playing online is so fun. Every time I hear "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!" I'm like "ITS TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON."

Also, I managed to unlock a special Dan t-shirt in home.

Caj814

akachan ningen said:
Buy.com's "shipping process" doesn't really mean shit. It took almost a week from when I ordered last time I bought from them.

I bought from amazon, knowing they'd never ship on time, so I preordered at GS too. My plan is to take the one I eventually get from amazon back to GS for a refund. It's basically a 10 dollar difference considering the price drop and no tax.

Did the same too.After this I'm definitely not going to depend on buy.com anymore :lol

I just hope Kmart has a copy today. No one ever shops there but I can't be assured that they will receive their shipment on time.

I'm kinda locked in with Kmart becuase i have a gift card from them.

sp0rsk said:
God I love this game.

Playing online is so fun. Every time I hear "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!" I'm like "ITS TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON."

Also, I managed to unlock a special Dan t-shirt in home.

Which version are you playing sp0rsk?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
2sbrij5.jpg

10444jt.jpg

dpu6f8.jpg

wkkdna.jpg

11bjc7l.jpg

Mileena

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I just hope Kmart has a copy today. No one ever shops there but I can't be assured that they will receive their shipment on time.

I'm kinda locked in with Kmart becuase i have a gift card from them.
I'm actually going to try Kmart now that you mention it. No one ever does shop there.

I got a call from my friend and he said there's a good chance that I can pick up my copy today. If you're Canadian, bug the CRAP out of your local EB Games:lol

And a different note, I'm off to work now, and this will be the longest work day EVER!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mattlikewhoa said:
I got a call from my friend and he said there's a good chance that I can pick up my copy today. If you're Canadian, bug the CRAP out of your local EB Games:lol

And a different note, I'm off to work now, and this will be the longest work day EVER!

Indeed, it will be. =(

Well, here's hoping stuff comes in. GS or otherwise out here. Can only pray for the sticks at this point. :lol

Teknoman

[Nintex] said:

Options:
1. Dualshock/Sixaxis
2. Normal 360 controller
3. Fightpad
4. Arcadestick

Hey, easy first time battle points. Then the true fight begins.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ill get my copy at GameCrazy a little after noon, then well be playing at work some since we have two TE sticks (I have one and a coworker does too), lets hope I actually get some work done today :p

GQman2121

Banned
Kintaro said:
Indeed, it will be. =(

Well, here's hoping stuff comes in. GS or otherwise out here. Can only pray for the sticks at this point. :lol

I would call around to any Game Crazy's you have in your area. They all seemed to have received shipments last week.

I called three last Friday, and by Sunday I was able to buy a TE that someone didn't pick up.

Yes Boss!

GQman2121 said:
I would call around to any Game Crazy's you have in your area. They all seemed to have received shipments last week.

I called three last Friday, and by Sunday I was able to buy a TE that someone didn't pick up.

This is true, Im still waiting for my Amazon orders but Gamecrazy already came through with one TE stick.

Bah, I really want to get an arcade stick...I've never bought one for use with a console fighter...I still remember snooping through my parents' bedroom and seeing that copy of street fighter 2 box...What a great Christmas that was!

So quickly, what arcade stick would GAF recommend that is reasonably priced? I'm sure it's in the thread but I don't feel like searching through and compiling...Will I have a hard time getting one even a week from now?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GQman2121 said:

GameStop is the only place in this neck of the woods that would carry an arcade stick. Also where I pre-ordered the TE sticks. Sadly, they are the Obi Wan Kenobi of this area.

Top Bottom