• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

In Lexington, KY there are TWO Gamestops almost SIDE BY SIDE. In the same shopping center. I don't know why but, there are.

ONE Gamestop isn't allowing people who didnt preorder until tomorrow.
The OTHER Gamestop IS, but I just got off the phone and he said there's a huge line waiting to pick it up.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE POLICY DIFFERENT between two of the EXACT SAME FUCKING STORES like five feet away? I just don't understand shit sometimes.

MIMIC

Banned
bdizzle said:
you've obviously never used the 360 dpad or analog on a street fighter game. inputs is why too chaotic. pressing fwd sometimes registers as up/fwd. it's just horrible. i'm really good with the dpad (grew up playing it) but the 360 dpad/analog combo is just horrible for anything resembling a fighting game.

Agreed.

I grew up with the d-pad (Sega and PlayStation) and the d-pad with the 360 takes some getting used to, unfortunately.

Varshes

Takuan said:
Dell's also selling it for $60. There is/was some 7% EPP discount that brought it down to ~$52. I'd like to pick the game up today, though. Guess I've gotta pay the premium, unless Best Buy manages to get it in today.

If you missed my post on the last page, EB is selling it at 59.

Snaku

Banned
Just called the GS I pre-ordered at, and they got them in. But they're not letting people who didn't pre-order buy it until tomorrow. :lol

Too bad my Saturn USB pad nor my SE fightstick have shown up in the mail yet. =/

Amazon delivery still looks on track for Thursday, but there's no point in playing until my TE stick shows up next Wednesday :/

I might try and snag one locally.

jmdajr

Anybody seen the movie that comes with the collectors edition yet?
Can it even compare to the original street fighter animated movie.
Sf2movie.jpg

Varshes said:
If you missed my post on the last page, EB is selling it at 59.

All Canadian EB's I've seen have it listed as $69.99/$89.99.

As for my copy, well I ordered from amazon.ca with the new game code so I nabbed it up for $49.99, but due to that I probably won't get the game until next week, estimated shipping date was the 20th. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll ship sooner than expected. Oh well, don't have a stick yet anyway, EB stopped taking pre-orders for the first shipment, I'm going to go in and ask about shipments past that.

Geoff9920

Just got a call from "Ashley" saying I could pick up my pre-order tomorrow night. However, I just called the store and it seems I that they already have it in and I can pick it up. :)

edit: The kick in the pants is that my TE stick might not come in until March 1st. o_O

Volcynika

Hey my brother pre-ordered my copy at GameStop for me (birthday present), but he's not free at all today to pick it up. So, I was wondering, if my store does get it in today, does anyone know if they would let me pick it up instead?

MIMIC

Banned
Ummm...with Guile, is it possible to chain a combo and end it with a flash kick (even a 2-hit combo)? I have no trouble doing it in the Alpha series but it seems impossible with this game. Maybe it's just this game?

Ridli

This thread is flipping out, I love it!

Also, I think the most important thing we need to take away from the last few pages is that I now have to invent a recipe for Blanka burgers. I'm thinking something spicy and fierce that will make you shout out Whharroooooo when you take a bite.

Anyway, I think this pretty well describes what my night was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwolotioyTw

Good luck to everyone today.

dexterslu

Volcynika said:
Hey my brother pre-ordered my copy at GameStop for me (birthday present), but he's not free at all today to pick it up. So, I was wondering, if my store does get it in today, does anyone know if they would let me pick it up instead?

It's possible, if you have the receipt than it's a highly likely. You can always try to go in and pretend to be him. Make sure you know the number of which he pre-ordered it under

milkham

did anyone else pre-order from newegg? i have no idea when they're going to ship mine. regretting saving on sales tax.

Volcynika

dexterslu said:
It's possible, if you have the receipt than it's a highly likely. You can always try to go in and pretend to be him. Make sure you know the number of which he pre-ordered it under

Ah ok. Problem is if I try to pretend to be him, one of the employees there knows who he is.

D:

Volcynika said:

If he calls in advance and lets the store know he's sending you on his behalf, I don't see why not.

LaneDS

Lovely, all three of the Gamestops in my area have it, but it "released today for reserves only, we might have some tomorrow". I try to shop elsewhere but every so often they're good at making me regret that decision, today is one such day.

Varshes

FourSerioux said:
All Canadian EB's I've seen have it listed as $69.99/$89.99.

As for my copy, well I ordered from amazon.ca with the new game code so I nabbed it up for $49.99, but due to that I probably won't get the game until next week, estimated shipping date was the 20th. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll ship sooner than expected. Oh well, don't have a stick yet anyway, EB stopped taking pre-orders for the first shipment, I'm going to go in and ask about shipments past that.

I spoke with one of the managers, they are selling it at 59 until the 22nd, if you are charged 69 today a probably not updated in their system.

jmdajr

El_TigroX said:
This is what I want to know too... exactly why I dropped in here. I have regular edition pre-ordered, but if this is REALLY good, I could probably be persuaded to go CE

it seems nobody knows :(

Baker

Banned
El_TigroX said:
This is what I want to know too... exactly why I dropped in here. I have regular edition pre-ordered, but if this is REALLY good, I could probably be persuaded to go CE

My buddy said it was so awful that it convinced me to go in yesterday and downgrade my pre-order to the regular edition.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
El_TigroX said:

I honestly wouldn't count on it. I believe the movie only about 62 minutes and the only production house to make any SF anime worth a damn (Group TAC) is not involved. But I'm a blu ray anime whore, so I'm still getting it... :lol

bumpkin

entraik said:
I just received my TE stick :D
I hate you.

Has anyone who got screwed by GameStop (B&M stores) gotten their sticks or a call about their sticks yet? Last I knew it was "by the first week of March" and that was the last thing I heard. That was the heart-breaking prelude to my weekend.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
bumpkin said:
I hate you.

Has anyone who got screwed by GameStop (B&M stores) gotten their sticks or a call about their sticks yet? Last I knew it was "by the first week of March" and that was the last thing I heard. That was the heart-breaking prelude to my weekend.

I've stopped checking. :lol

Somnia

So we did an early pick up this morning (Drove 1 1/2 hours south to pick it up so we didnt have to wait till tomorrow) of SFIV and we've been getting calls like crazy according to my opening manager. Call and check with your gamestop's and see if they did an early pick up BEFORE you drive all the way up there. Not all stores are going to do these so double check.

bumpkin said:
I hate you.

I called yesterday and was told it should be there by 1PM today. Hopefully they're not fucking with me.

EDIT: Called just a while ago and was told they don't know when they're getting them. Said Mad Catz didn't send enough shipments or some bullshit like that....fail

knee

I got the game this morning. Walked into Gamestop and picked it up no problem. I honestly thought the release date was today, but I come home and see it's tomorrow.

Street date broken, I guess. :lol

bumpkin said:
I hate you.

Stores are getting orders for the sticks today in their normal shipments.

My money is betting on the fact that people will not pick up their sticks in 48 hours--- and/or GS may just sell it because.

However--- There might be extra, but you gotta push for getting them. I'm going to pick up my copy around 1130 this morning and going to hope that they have at least one TE stick, if not I might come back later to pick one up when they get their shipment in. (Usually between 2pm-4pm)

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
I've stopped checking. :lol
:lol I feel the same way. The only thing that concerns me is their "48-hour" policy about preorders. Someone will DIE if they get my stick and sell it without me ever knowing it came in.

Has anyone on the east coast, more specifically the northeast, gotten word that their GameStop has the game in? My reservation store told me it'd be in Wednesday, but another poster said maybe they just said that as a CYOA measure; in case it doesn't come in today.

MoxManiac

Wow, it's backordered at gamestop.com

I'm tempted to go pay off the CE in full today if they my GS isn't set to get it until tommorrow. That way, if for some reason they don't get enough to cover their preorders, mine will be set aside since it's paid in full.

Halvie

Banned
Just picked mine up from a local GameStop. They had a lot more copies than I thought they would have. Also had about 10 CE for each system, and about 6 PS3 SE sticks.

Somnia

knee said:
I got the game this morning. Walked into Gamestop and picked it up no problem. I honestly thought the release date was today, but I come home and see it's tomorrow.

It is sellable today...it ships today and arrives in stores tomorrow...no broken street date :D

joker27

Neo Member
knee said:

impressions bro impressions

Top Bottom