• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

This is my first time getting into a Street Fighter game. I'm really glad that they put a nice, extensive tutorial mode on the game. The problem with most fighting games is that they make it very difficult for beginners to get started, so hopefully this will rectify that.

Although something tells me you can only do the tutorial as Ryu and the game won't teach you the basic combos with each individual character...

LordK

autobzooty said:
This is my first time getting into a Street Fighter game. I'm really glad that they put a nice, extensive tutorial mode on the game. The problem with most fighting games is that they make it very difficult for beginners to get started, so hopefully this will rectify that.

Although something tells me you can only do the tutorial as Ryu and the game won't teach you the basic combos with each individual character...

That something is very wrong. :D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ferrio said:
You guys are setting yourself up for disappointment!
I'm just excited to see the fighting game community get this excited about something. It's part game launch, part fight club, and part reunion.

Arde5643

SapientWolf said:
I'm just excited to see the fighting game community get this excited about something. It's part game launch, part fight club, and part reunion.
And like all reunion - it's all about showing off who's the best one after all of these years. :D

Ridli said:
Ha! Old Pueblo! Which GS? Wetmore? Campbell? Broadway? Either way I'm taking that as good news.

I need this question answered, I preordered at the GS at foothills and called them eariler today and was told wednesday. Am I able to get my preorder elsewhere?

LordK

Since it looks like Amazon fucked me over, I'll be harassing a few Walmarts (Red Bluff, Willows, Woodland) tomorrow. I'll also give the Gamecrazy in Woodland a shot. I wonder if anyone here knows where the hell Red Bluff is in California. :lol

Can somebody link me to that Rose video where it shows everyone's facial expressions when hit by her ultra? I tried searching but am coming up short.

edit: nm found it

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I seem to have lost the $5 pre-order receipt for the PS3 CE from Best Buy. It was paid for with a gift card, so am I screwed on the pre-order? I don't remember if they asked for my phone number or not.

LowParry

Etelmik said:
I can't sleep either. What's wrong with me?

Also Ccrook, where you getting yours? I'm going to Gamecrazy on Redwood.

Gamestop over by 90th. They said they won't be able to fill all pre-orders so I need to get there early.

rawfish

Got this in today - available in limited quantities from PA.
3286692157_60db71ab0a.jpg

The R1 CE's ships out tomorrow, while TE stick still gets delayed to Mar, 2009. I need muh TE now, damnit!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Man, I am tearing up my thumb something fierce. And still losing a lot. Goddamn.

-Mikey-

For anyone that has the Japanese version of SF IV can US dlc work with the game?

I would hate buying the US dlc only to find it won't work with my game.

Guess I'll find out for myself later today..

Darkman M

-Mikey- said:
For anyone that has the Japanese version of SF IV can US dlc work with the game?

I would hate buying the US dlc only to find it won't work with my game.

Guess I'll find out for myself later today..

The Japanese and USA version of the game are exactly the same, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

rawfish said:
Got this in today - available in limited quantities from PA.
3286692157_60db71ab0a.jpg

The R1 CE's ships out tomorrow, while TE stick still gets delayed to Mar, 2009. I need muh TE now, damnit!
i think i want that viper figure.

Ronabo

I'm gonna call around from store to store and see if I can get a TE stick somehow. I don't think Best Buy is ever gonna get them now.

jdub03

best buy sent me an email telling me they cant check product availability for my in store pickup. I guess this means BB's are getting SFIV in today and are letting in store pick-ups get them. I don't get home from work and school until 6pm est. This is gonna be brutal.

Guled

todays the day, hopefully me being Canadian won't screw me over. the next couple of hours is going to be worse then the next couple of days

wtf amazon is really annoying me now

first they tell me my order for the 360 CE is back-ordered even tho i placed a pre-order on december 8th. then they tell me my order for the fightpad is canceled when i didn't cancel shit.

fuck

I woke up to an email from Bestbuy this morning telling me my 360 regular edition wouldn't be available until 2/18 and telling me not to try to come to the store to pick it up before then. I think that's the first time a retailer has asked me not to come to their store. They must be getting a lot of calls :lol.

Top Bottom