• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Cowie

I assume there's someone knowledgeable in the ways of Gamestop here. I placed a preorder at a local gamestop, but if I can find SF4 somewhere else first, i'll just pick it up there. Because I'm in no major rush to get my $5 back, how can I cancel it with the fewest casualties? I'm hoping to not give some poor sap a -1 preorder by going to get my money back, but ultimately I want my money back. What are my options?

AZ Greg

Has anyone had luck picking it up at a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target today? None of the gaming specific stores out here will have it until tomorrow. :(

Cowie said:
I assume there's someone knowledgeable in the ways of Gamestop here. I placed a preorder at a local gamestop, but if I can find SF4 somewhere else first, i'll just pick it up there. Because I'm in no major rush to get my $5 back, how can I cancel it with the fewest casualties? I'm hoping to not give some poor sap a -1 preorder by going to get my money back, but ultimately I want my money back. What are my options?
uh, take your money back.
screw the poor sap :(

Chamber said:
Not to rub it in but this is exactly why I chose the PS3 version.
Hey, so did EVO

They should go with the PC version so everyone could use their sticks. Easier match recording too.

I guess it won't be out in time.

akihara

arstal said:
Gamestops in NC are screwing people over, even those who preordered.

Not letting them get the game despite having it.

I just picked mine up at the GameStop at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh no problem.

Nester

Gamecrazy had it in, failed to mention to me they only had copies left over where you had to purchase the strategy guide for it too.

Luckily I had a few DS games sitting in my trunk that have been in there for 6 months so I just traded those in the cover the difference. Games I'd never play again anyways.

GQman2121

Banned
Cowie said:

Fuck them. Get your money back if you can find the game else where.

The opposite happened to me. I love to support my local import store, but they didn't get the game in last week and won't have it until tomorrow. GS, which is two blocks from my office has it today. Guess who got my $63?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AZ Greg said:
Has anyone had luck picking it up at a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target today? None of the gaming specific stores out here will have it until tomorrow. :(
Best Buy and Gamestop both told me tomorrow, pre-orders included (Winston-Salem, NC).

Guled

DoctorWho said:
My EB told me between 2-5 in Toronto. Confirmed the temporary price drop to 59.99/79.99 until the 22nd.
awesome, save 10$, anyword on the fightpad or fightstick coming today for EB Games Canada?

SpeedRazor said:
Gamecrazy had it in, failed to mention to me they only had copies left over where you had to purchase the strategy guide for it too.

Luckily I had a few DS games sitting in my trunk that have been in there for 6 months so I just traded those in the cover the difference. Games I'd never play again anyways.

That is a scam to raise their numbers. I would call corporate, they can't force you to buy the guide with it.

ntb825

Got mine.

I played online one match. I'm in the Midwest and my opponent was in ITALY! I beat him two straight rounds, and it ran perfectly.

Love the Mad Catz pad. Executing special moves is so much easier with it.

360 version btw.

spookyfish

So, Amazon e-mails me TODAY about how "they are still trying to locate stock" for the PS3 Col. Edition, which I preordered in November, just as soon as it was announced. Really, Amazon? You're not sure if you have enough stock? And this is ... why? You can't flippin' count? Even if there's not enough stock, won't it be shipped out based upon when it was ordered? Like, those who ordered earlier, get it before those who ordered later? (I meant announced for Amazon, I think ...)

>sigh<

So, I ordered the 360 Col. Edition from Capcom.com. They may still have some in stock.

Why can't I quit you, Amazon? Why?

Zertez

Spy said:
Is there a chance Gamestop is getting in SE/TE FightStick's today?
Supposedly the bulk of the shipments for the TE are coming the first week of March, but some stores will get SE sticks and if they are really lucky the preorder TEs sometime this week. I called gamecrazy yesterday and they still havent recieved their TEs, but had 4 SE sticks.

jmonteiro

The S-Word said:
They are selling them today, sorry i didn't ask for a special edition so i don't know.

Thanks, calling them now. If they have the CE I'm canceling my Amazon order :D

EDIT: No collector's edition left :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ShinAmano said:
Are there multiple?

Contest prizes stated 2 first place winners, and since the second one posted was from the Blu Ray movie, its safe to assume theres one more.

All speculation really.

rhino4evr

fyi the gamestop in west boca raton FL has copies for sale to non pre order people

i just picked up a copy
the other GS stores nearby said tomorrow

they also had controllers for sale

Kaibutsu

*sigh* i'm one impatient person.... since amazon isn't shipping my LE ps3 till god knows when I went and picked up a regular edition 360 version at gamestop at lunch..... yay for having it on both systems i guess

_dementia said:
Hey, so did EVO

They should go with the PC version so everyone could use their sticks. Easier match recording too.

I guess it won't be out in time.
Geez.. how many times do I have to say it? Wiz said that the PS3 version is only being used because they have a lot of PS3s. He said it could be on 360 (or PC) if people wanna donate them.

Nester

UnholySpectacle said:
That is a scam to raise their numbers. I would call corporate, they can't force you to buy the guide with it.

They had a big stack of them shrinkwrapped together. Coincidentally they "just sold" the last standalone copy.

dexterslu

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (if so, I apologize) but does anyone know how to do the target combo? specifically with Chun-Lu?

Halvie

Banned
People with the ps3 version please install the game. Long waits in between online matches otherwise.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to ranked matches?

Alivor

I love this game! My gamertag is Alivor if you ever want to play. I got mine at the Gamestop in Downingtown, Pennsylvania (the one by Wegmans, if you live around here). I also got some cheesey Ryu headband as well.

SpeedRazor said:
They had a big stack of them shrinkwrapped together. Coincidentally they "just sold" the last standalone copy.

Yeah, I knew a bunch of places that had their own shrinkwrap machine in back and would pull off that crap. Does your receipt show one sku or two seperate skus for the guide and game.

Jaruru

DoctorWho said:
Going to check a few stores in Toronto on my lunch break now. Hopefully I will have success!

please update the Toronto status!!!

I can go pick up ANYTIME TODAY
and freaking call a day off!!! :D

demigod

brandonh83 said:
In Lexington, KY there are TWO Gamestops almost SIDE BY SIDE. In the same shopping center. I don't know why but, there are.

ONE Gamestop isn't allowing people who didnt preorder until tomorrow.
The OTHER Gamestop IS, but I just got off the phone and he said there's a huge line waiting to pick it up.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE POLICY DIFFERENT between two of the EXACT SAME FUCKING STORES like five feet away? I just don't understand shit sometimes.

Took your advice, called 9 different Gamestops and 6 of them said preorder, 2 still taking preorder for tomorrow, the last one had an extra copy of the PS3 CE. Guy was cool, held the copy and sold it to me.

Jaruru said:
please update the Toronto status!!!

I can go pick up ANYTIME TODAY
and freaking call a day off!!! :D

I second this...I've called a bunch of places already. No dice...I'm going to hit up a few local places on my lunch in an hour...

Kaibutsu

DigitalA1chemy said:
So my pre-order isn't coming in until tomorrow...if anyone in Raleigh, NC is able to grab a copy off of the shelf today, please let me know!

not Raleigh but the Fayetteville gamestops have them :D . I picked up a 360 regular edition at lunch when my bro went to pick up his ps3 LE preorder.

Nester

UnholySpectacle said:
Yeah, I knew a bunch of places that had their own shrinkwrap machine in back and would pull off that crap. Does your receipt show one sku or two seperate skus for the guide and game.

Left the receipt out in my car but I'll check that out when I get back in there.

If I look up Street Fighter IV at Bestbuy.com and it tells me that the game is available at the store nearest me does that mean it is actually there for me to buy now or is it available for preorder? Or is it meaningless?...

Jaruru

Etelmik said:
I called all over. I found one place that has it. Bought the strategy guide, even. I put SF IV in. Friend calls me. I play the music for me. He's antsy about getting today too and worried that the GS will sell theirs out.

Capcom logo shows up. It freezes.

My 360 has just RROD'd. TODAY. TODAY. Oh my god.

Mother FU--

awwww... I saw this kind of RROD on every game launch day.
get a PS3 as "backup plan"? :O

Called my local Gamestop and they have the regular copies in stock, so I'll be playing it tonight! I plan on running through v.easy arcade to unlock some characters, and then mess around online. Won't be until the weekend when I can try the challenges and focus on improving my game.

Top Bottom