• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jaruru

Felix Lighter said:
If I look up Street Fighter IV at Bestbuy.com and it tells me that the game is available at the store nearest me does that mean it is actually there for me to buy now or is it available for preorder? Or is it meaningless?...

somehow meaningless UNLESS you order and garantee a copy in store.
last time I checked my copy of HoTD:OK, even the cashier showed 6 copies of the game, they couldn't find any in store and said it's in the truck and they can't sell them -_-;

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Felix Lighter said:
If I look up Street Fighter IV at Bestbuy.com and it tells me that the game is available at the store nearest me does that mean it is actually there for me to buy now or is it available for preorder? Or is it meaningless?...

should be on shelves now then, does it give you an option to buy online then do in store pickup?

somato

Felix Lighter said:

I noticed that too and went to BB at lunch (in Fairfax, VA) to check it out. The guy said they do have it but they can't sell it until tomorrow. :| Gonna check out gamestop after work, since it seems they're the only place that will sell it today.

omgimaninja said:
Called my local Gamestop and they have the regular copies in stock, so I'll be playing it tonight! I plan on running through v.easy arcade to unlock some characters, and then mess around online. Won't be until the weekend when I can try the challenges and focus on improving my game.

I saw your profile was Texas. There's Hope for me since I live in Louisiana! WOOOO!

Ridli

This thread is just going to get more and more insane, but for those in the Tucson area I just picked up my CE from the Gamestop on Wetmore.

IIIIN-DEEEE-STRUCTABLE!

If my boss would just spring for a Blackberry like I requested I could probably do my job for a few hours on the road. 2 more hours until lunch. I hope Play N Trade has some copies left over for walk ins.

ntb825

I seem to be having problems doing Ken's Ultra Combo. It's D-F, D-F, PPP. I've tried it like 100 times in practice mode and it's just not working. I can do the double uppercut, but the Ultra never works.

What could I be doing wrong?

Felix Lighter said:

Both 360 and Ps3 versions are still in "preorder" status. Best Buy has the release date listed as tomorrow, so you won't be able to pick it up if you order online till then. This is my same situation. I know they have the game physically at the store, or will sometime today. But for whatever reasons they won't sell it to anyone till tomorrow. I pre-ordered online on sunday and got an email this morning saying it would be ready for in-store pickup tomorrow.

Sh0k

Gamestop by my house already received their copies, these are going to be the longest 3 and a half hours of my life until I get off work.

This is in South Florida by the way.

I will be playing tonight, 360. Gamertag = Shokleeto

RedAssedApe

Banned
sirrian said:
I noticed that too and went to BB at lunch (in Fairfax, VA) to check it out. The guy said they do have it but they can't sell it until tomorrow. :| Gonna check out gamestop after work, since it seems they're the only place that will sell it today.

I've gotten around that before by ordering online and using the store pick-up option. The only problem with the online store pick-ups is that they consider it a bestbuy.com order and you they won't price-match. Although that's not really a problem as you can just do a return/re-buy. YMMV obviously. It may just depend on the CSR you get.

FYI for any of those in California. Frys will have the game tomorrow for 54.99. Price-matching is your friend. :)

Spy

Sh0k said:
Gamestop by my house already received their copies, these are going to be the longest 3 and a half hours of my life until I get off work.

This is in South Florida by the way.

I will be playing tonight, 360. Gamertag = Shokleeto
3 hours till you get off work? Try 6.

DenogginizerOS said:
Best Buy and Gamestop both told me tomorrow, pre-orders included (Winston-Salem, NC).

Strange, my Gamestop told me they had it today and I can go and pick it up, which I'm going to do right after this post(Hickory, NC). They definitely have it, don't know why they won't sell it though.

punkypine

any philly gaffers pick this up?
i checked a few places and they didnt have it yet, but usually you can get them pretty early around here...

Kaibutsu said:
*sigh* i'm one impatient person.... since amazon isn't shipping my LE ps3 till god knows when I went and picked up a regular edition 360 version at gamestop at lunch..... yay for having it on both systems i guess

Dang yall are ridiculous @_@

I wish I had that kind of money to throw away...

Could've at least went and searched the town for PS3 CEs and just returned your amazon order later. Or maybe buy PS3 regular edition and return the PS3 game in your CE when it arrives. I'm just saying...there are options.

RedAssedApe

Banned
myDingling said:
Dang yall are ridiculous @_@

I wish I had that kind of money to throw away...

Could've at least went and searched the town for PS3 CEs and just returned your amazon order later. Or maybe buy PS3 regular edition and return the PS3 game in your CE when it arrives. I'm just saying...there are options.

Gamers are recession proof. ;)

Kaibutsu

spookyfish said:
So, Amazon e-mails me TODAY about how "they are still trying to locate stock" for the PS3 Col. Edition, which I preordered in November, just as soon as it was announced. Really, Amazon? You're not sure if you have enough stock? And this is ... why? You can't flippin' count? Even if there's not enough stock, won't it be shipped out based upon when it was ordered? Like, those who ordered earlier, get it before those who ordered later? (I meant announced for Amazon, I think ...)

>sigh<

So, I ordered the 360 Col. Edition from Capcom.com. They may still have some in stock.

Why can't I quit you, Amazon? Why?

Holy shit, so they don't even know if they're going to be able to fill preorders on the CE's??? dammit! :/

edit: i didn't get that email btw :/

Snaku

Banned
I am in love with this game. It's gorgeous, it's accessible, it's deep, it's Street Fighter fucking IV. After a brief stint in the training mode with Ryu, I decided to jump in to the arcade mode. Since neither my Sega Saturn USB pad, nor my SE FightStick have arrived in the mail yet, I'm forced to use the SixAxis for the time being. Any worry I may have had about the input device was instantly tossed out the window. SFIV's inputs are very forgiving as far as the SixAxis is concerned and I was very quickly pulling off combos, specials, FADC into supers & ultras, etc. A few matches into the arcade mode, and A NEW CHALLENGER had arrived! Oh man this feels just like my experiences back in the arcades during the 90's. My heart was racing, and I was very nervous that I wouldn't be good enough. Naturally, I wasn't and I lost my first online match. :lol Not to be discouraged, I challenged him to another match...only this time I won. And I won again. And again. :D

The online component is sheer brilliance. Taking on all challengers while digging into the arcade mode seems like such a small feature on paper, but in practice it changes the whole ball game. As has been said before, you'll want to keep your connections to 3 bars or higher (preferably 4 or higher) for the smoothest experience. The titles and battle points are also really addictive, and always seem to push me to just play one more match...just one more. :D

I'll be back on the game at around 11 PM EST if anyone's up for a match. Till then...

IN-DE-STRUCTABLE!!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My Gamestop didn't have my copy in today. ARRRRRRRRRGH. They say tomorrow. It's fully paid off with some tradeins, though...

Toys R Us says they should get it in by 5pm tonight. I'm thinking I'll stop by there and check on my way home. Don't want to wait one more day. :(

Nightz

Just called the Gamestop I reserved at and talked to the manager. He said he was about to pick their copies up and they should have them within the hour.

Too bad I'm still stuck at work for another 3.5 hours.

Top Bottom