• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

KBox

Infinitemadness said:
Ugh! I'm on backorder too from EBGames despite pre ordering over a month ago. I HAVE FURY.

Yea can anyone tell me what's up with this. Is this a glitch in their online system?

jon bones said:
damn, bigger than i expected. i heard 2gb earlier, looks like that was wrong :/

i hate having a 20 gb hdd
yeah 2GB that's more along the lines of the PS3 version's optional install.

360 installs actually copies all of the disc content IIRC. The smallest a 360 game can be is is 3.4 GB (if the actual "game" is smaller (like I'd imagine Raiden Fighters Aces or similar would be), it just uses a bunch of dummy files to get to 3.4 GB and you'd have to waste all that excess space on the install.

I HAVE OBTAINED THE STREET FIGHTER IV VIDEOGAME

psn: zombiepulse

add me, bitches. I suck at fighting games so if you want a punk to trash up on, add me.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Gahhhh! I'm going through FiOS training right now, and I got an email saying my order got delayed! And I work in NJ. It gonna take me an hour to get back to the city. Damn it.

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

1player offline and ONLINE is god damn brilliant!!! It's just like the arcade!!! New person comes in, starts new lobby, then if they leave, you can go back to arcade mode.... HOLY CRAP CAPCOM!!!!! :D :D <3

mh56 said:
just called wb in guelph ontario they said it's being courierd and shud be in from 2-5

Sounds like all EB's in Ontario got the same memo. As for the price drop, apparently they have to apply that manual so make sure they don't forget to do it.

Prices are $59.99/$79.99 until the 22nd.

Takuan

Toronto GAF, will people who didn't pre-order be able to pick up copies? I imagine allocations are low today, and at least some staff will want to hold one for themselves. None of the EBs are picking up the phone, I'm certain they've just disconnected them because they've had enough of "YUO HAEV STROGHT FOGHTER FOR?!?!?" calls.

VictimOfGrief said:
HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

1player offline and ONLINE is god damn brilliant!!! It's just like the arcade!!! New person comes in, starts new lobby, then if they leave, you can go back to arcade mode.... HOLY CRAP CAPCOM!!!!! :D :D <3

If you leave that mode on it will take you like 4 hours to beat the 1 player rounds.. Its a bit annoying but yes very cool.

MIMIC

Banned
I HATE Zangief. It seems like he can grab you from across the screen *grumble* I played a guy who had all of the moves down. He destroyed me the first round. But in the 2nd, I finished him off with an Ultra Combo (slow motion death ftw). Won the 3rd, too. :) Keeping Zangief at bay FTW.

El-Suave

The game shop I orderd Madcatz peripherals from here in Germany informed me that there are rumors of a huge delay on pads and sticks. He mentioned a 1-2 month delay but he's pretty sure he'll get them after the game is out. No official info yet though.
Don't know if that's true of course, but if you're in Europe and have a pad or stick preordered with the game it might be worth checking about availability of the peripherals so that at least your game won't be delayed if you're having them shipped together.

Evlar

Banned
Got it (walk in, they had plenty of copies it seems, or maybe it just pays to be recognized as a regular by the manager). Now I wait until after work to see if I can stop sucking at Street Fighter once and for all.

EDIT: If you seek easy prey stalk Evlar on PSN.

Man, this thread and my own experiences just reinforce what a joke release dates are for games. They're never right, street dates are broken like crazy a week before hand, online orders mess up, stores in the same area receive them on different days. How come films can nail a day every single time, but games mess it up invariably? Don't get me started on delays either.

Spy said:
I just got my call right now too. You live in Nor-Cal?

Yep, I'm in NorCal... San Francisco. Woohoo, gonna get that shit on my way home from work tonight!

Also - which Walmart was it that had them at midnight? Damn, I'll be bummed out if that was the one that I was thinking of hitting up at midnight. Actually, scratch that... I don't wanna know.

WOOHOO SCORE!

So when I got home, I called EVERY GS with 20 miles, and it turns out that only two of them even have the game to buy at all, even for preorders. One of them luckily had spare copies they could sell to anyone. So, A 10 mile car trip and BOOSH the winner am me!

Here's the score, no preorder, no fight stick or pad, and I haven't touched a street fighter since 2. Fight me as soon as possible, you will kick me ass! Ps3 people add me -bobthefork

Seriously, I suck on ice, I need a few lesson beaten into my FPS head. I really am addicted to gaming...ah well, round one FIGHT!

Chorazin

Snapshot King said:
Man, this thread and my own experiences just reinforce what a joke release dates are for games. They're never right, street dates are broken like crazy a week before hand, online orders mess up, stores in the same area receive them on different days. How come films can nail a day every single time, but games mess it up invariably? Don't get me started on delays either.

This would have been a good rant if the game was street dated.

Spy

I'm going to pick up my copy in 30 minutes (lunch break). I taught my 7 year old brother how to play Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and now he's pumped for SFIV.

Barrett2

Target is my only hope today, the girl said they are getting a shipment later today... god willing they will sell it to me. If not, I am sure to have nightmares of Blanka biting my head tonight.

MoxManiac

no call from "ashley" yet. I'm going to scour around town for a copy then when I get the CE put that up on amazon marketplace since I'm not too jazzed about the CE extras.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Takuan said:
Toronto GAF, will people who didn't pre-order be able to pick up copies? I imagine allocations are low today, and at least some staff will want to hold one for themselves. None of the EBs are picking up the phone, I'm certain they've just disconnected them because they've had enough of "YUO HAEV STROGHT FOGHTER FOR?!?!?" calls.
i live in markham but im still gunna try

WE GOTTA TRY

WHAT WOULD RYU DO?

THE ANSWER LIES IN THE HEART OF BATTLE

IM IN-DE-STRUCTABLE, NUTH-INS GUNNA STOP ME NOW!!

Nester

So yeah, they charged for the strategy guide and the game separately on my gamecrazy receipt so I'm going to try and just return the strategy guide since it's still in the shrink wrap separate from the shrinkwrap they put around the game and guide together.

Spy

I got ahold of my local Gamestop after the phone being busy for about five minutes.

Him: This is Gamestop where you can blah blah blah (he was talking really fast)
Me: I'm sure this is your 20th call about Street Fighter IV but are you selling it yet?
Him: *laughs* More than that, probably like the 100th today, we'll be selling it at 1:00pm.
Me: Alright thanks!

zodiak

Played a few rounds with the 360 pad but it's hard to hit the ultra's when LB is needed, hope those fightpad's show up soon!

Intro/background music is quite annoying tho :/
seriously

Sectus

I don't think I'm very good at this game :( I just lost to a guy repeating 2 moves over and over.

I really have no idea how to get better. I'm able to play games like Soul Calibur and King of Fighters quite well, but I feel absolutely completely hopeless in this game.

Playing against the AI doesn't seem to help much. At easy settings I can win by doing pretty much anything. At medium or higher I lose 90% of the time and the only way I can do better is to exploit the AI and start to repeat one move at times they never block it... but that doesn't exactly help me to become a better player against other human players.

The Trial mode is worthless for me. The first trials lists me a few moves I could easily look up in the command list, it doesn't teach me what kind of situations those moves are good for and how they should be used. And the later trials with combos longer than 2 moves are quite simply impossible for me to pull off.

I guess I'll continue my quest to get one single online win.

Top Bottom