• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Spy

RubxQub said:
Just called up my GS and they said they got their copies in at 10 AM...just picked it up and proceeded to cream all inside my boxers and jeans.

Tonight...tonight is the night!

Work needs to get hit with a bomb or something so I can leave early!
I wish I was sick.

Did capcom underestimate the hype? It's obvious Madcatz did with their stick. But if a retailer as big as target has to wait 9 months for another shipment either A) target sucks just as bad as it did when I worked there 6 years ago or B) SFIV really is that popular.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't believe this. Called every Walmart, Target, and EB in my area. They all have it but won't sell it until tomorrow. So much for my free all-classes-off day today. :/

Ronabo

I can't beat cheapass Seth on default with Ryu.

First time I've never been able to beat a boss on default with Ryu on day one of a SF game.

:(

Anyone got any tips?

Ronabo said:
I can't beat cheapass Seth on default with Ryu.

First time I've never been able to beat a boss on default with Ryu on day one of a SF game.

Anyone got any tips?

he reads your inputs so if you get knocked down and hold u/f to jump he's going to do an anti air move. just be unpredectable, he's not really that hard. i beat him my first time through with ryu. and honestly unless you're just trying to kill time play the game on easiest with 1win rounds. you can still unlock all the characters (unless you're going for the achievement/trophy)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm not going to pick my game up (assuming they have it) until I get my stick delivery. I know for a fact that when I leave, they will come and I won't be here so they will take it back. I'll just wait.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
NameGenerated said:
I'm not going to pick my game up (assuming they have it) until I get my stick delivery. I know for a fact that when I leave, they will come and I won't be here so they will take it back. I'll just wait.
Same situation. UPS should be here any minute with my HRAP3.

Got my copy this morning. I was hoping Gamestop would get in extra Limited Editions for the PS3 but no luck. =( I was one day late on preordering for the LE, which sucks cause I really wanted it.

Well, noone had it except GS and they only got preorders in early. LOL The guy said, to me "you can still pre order you know"
"oh, and I can get it today?"
"no, you can get it tomorrow"
ah well, I impulse buy, if I can't get it today, I'll just wait a few weeks.

Ronabo

It's just a tradition I've always done when getting a SF game for home. (beating it on default with Ryu)

Anyways, I beat Seth I was just trying to hard and not taking my time. now to do the unlocking marathon.

bdizzle said:
he reads your inputs so if you get knocked down and hold u/f to jump he's going to do an anti air move. just be unpredectable, he's not really that hard. i beat him my first time through with ryu. and honestly unless you're just trying to kill time play the game on easiest with 1win rounds. you can still unlock all the characters (unless you're going for the achievement/trophy)

It's here! BLUUURY PHONE PIIIIIIIIIC!
ryustatue.jpg

Etelmik

Neo Member
I called all over. I found one place that has it. Bought the strategy guide, even. I put SF IV in. Friend calls me. I play the music for me. He's antsy about getting today too and worried that the GS will sell theirs out.

Capcom logo shows up. It freezes.

My 360 has just RROD'd. TODAY. TODAY. Oh my god.

Mother FU--

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Great news guys! No one here has it until tomorrow! Yaaaay!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

Enjoy guys. =/

KBox

EBGAMES.COM WTF! I ordered in early January, the 360 SF4 CE and they switched my order to BACKORDERED! Never Again.

GQman2121

Banned
Etelmik said:
I called all over. I found one place that has it. Bought the strategy guide, even. I put SF IV in. Friend calls me. I play the music for me. He's antsy about getting today too and worried that the GS will sell theirs out.

Mother FU--

Should have bought a Dell, errr PS3 dude.

Kingpen

My gamestop said they have it for pre-orders. A day early for me from what I expected.

Awesome! Temptation to call in sick to work is rising!

prophecy0

Nashville, TN Gamestop stores should have the game in stock. The one in Brentwood (by Target) sold me a copy and I did not have it preordered.

MIMIC

Banned
On an 8-game winning streak with Guile :D

Been playing the regular online matches. I haven't been able to get into a ranked match yet :-/ (I always get the "lobby is full" message or something like that)

epmode

Etelmik said:

Mother FU--
It just wouldn't be a new game thread without this post.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gamestops in NC are screwing people over, even those who preordered.

Not letting them get the game despite having it.

xero273

just called the gamestop in Columbia, MD. It is the one on Dobbin. They have it in.

360 - 15 copies left.
PS3 - 8 copies left

Etelmik said:

Mother FU--

My condolences

Etelmik said:

Mother FU--

Damn that sucks. Of all days for that to happen...

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Etelmik said:

Mother FU--

That just brought up horrible memories of Gears of War 2's launch. :( Broke my heart.

MIMIC

Banned
Really sorry to hear about all of these horrible order experiences. Guess I lucked out. The Gamestop here on campus (Ohio St.) was no hassle at all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Etelmik said:

Mother FU--
Not to rub it in but this is exactly why I chose the PS3 version.

Top Bottom