• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

dfyb

Banned
i thought the manuals were black and white? my ps3 manual is full color

also, the reverse side of the cover has the community art winner. full spread behind game/manual

Spy

rhino4evr said:
So..is their any difference between the PS3 version and 360 version. I am torn at the moment. For one, all of my friends have a 360 but I can't stand the controls for it. I fail way too often in SFIIHD on LIVE, mostly due to controller error. I am not going to buy a new controller just to play this. So The PS3 game seems like a sure bet, but I don't have any friends on PSN..so it's going to be really lonely.
You have GAF.

inner-G

Banned
rhino4evr said:
So..is their any difference between the PS3 version and 360 version. I am torn at the moment. For one, all of my friends have a 360 but I can't stand the controls for it. I fail way too often in SFIIHD on LIVE, mostly due to controller error. I am not going to buy a new controller just to play this. So The PS3 game seems like a sure bet, but I don't have any friends on PSN..so it's going to be really lonely.
I think it's safe to say that there will be no shortage of people to play against on PSN. The online play is smooth as shit.

dfyb said:

also, the reverse side of the cover has the community art winner. full spread behind game/manual
That illustration is badass

Snaku

Banned
dfyb said:

Yeah, mine is full color too. The art inside the covers of SFIV and the Blu-ray movie are awesome little touches too. The Ryu figure is much cooler than I expected. I fucking love the CE!

Weird, got a call from "Ashley" this morning, saying that my copy will be in tomorrow evening.

...then seconds ago, got ANOTHER call, saying the copy will be in this afternoon!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!

careksims

Snaku said:
Yeah, mine is full color too. The art inside the covers of SFIV and the Blu-ray movie are awesome little touches too. The Ryu figure is much cooler than I expected. I fucking love the CE!

Nice to hear! I can't wait! I too pre-ordered the PS3 CE. I just gotta' wait til the evening, but I might call around noon.

For all the money I'm spending on SF IV, I probably could have bought a PS3.

HRAP EX + Mad Catz SE stick + Chun Li Mad Catz FightPad + SF IV

Now I'm considering buying a Ryu FightPad because you guys are saying it might be rare.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Snaku said:

I hate you.:D

anyone that gets it from best buy please post.

Aw, damn it. They're all Unavailable on Amazonk. Uggghhhh. Oh, well, at least I live in NYC. It should be easy to find, not many other people looking --

Oh, darn.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LiK said:
regular or CE? i preordered CE

Ahhh regular,I did have a CE on order first but canceled it.

Sorry dude.

Glix

In in Long Island, New York.

I just spoke to my local Gamestop, they will be getting it between 3 and 5! Hells YEAH!!:D

LiK

Matrix said:
Ahhh regular,I did have a CE on order first but canceled it.

Sorry dude.

ah ok, no prob. it would suck if they shipped it out to people who preordered recently first.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
OGB said:
Weird, got a call from "Ashley" this morning, saying that my copy will be in tomorrow evening.

...then seconds ago, got ANOTHER call, saying the copy will be in this afternoon!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!

haha same,I just got a call a min a go for me to pick up my 360 version this afternoon and earlier in the day I got one that told me tomorrow.

Aeris130

GAME: We're calling about your SFIV pre-order, they're in now.

Me: Yeeeeaaaah

GAME: You ordered the 360 version, right?

Me: Ha ha, nope. PS3.

GAME: Oh, ok. We haven't gotten those in yet. Bye.

Me: FffffuuUhhhih

LiK

Aeris130 said:
GAME: Hey, we're calling about your SFIV pre-order. They're in now.

:lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Updated the OP with links to strategy guides and stuff.. Ill be adding some more stuff like videos etc in the coming days.

BTW you guys can ask me anything about the game really.

Geoff9920

So, just curious, but has anyone who ordered a TE stick from a B&M gamestop received it yet or have you guys been told the same line? "by the first week in March"

Barrett2

Aeris130 said:

You got rolled :lol

Aeris130 said:

WOW!!!:lol People are looking at me weird because you've made me laugh to hard...:lol

wRATH2x

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
Someone is beyond hyped...:lol
Play the game it kicks so much ass,Ive played every fighting game worth playing and in a 3-hour setting I never experienced what I did with Street Fighter IV.

Its that awesome,Im gonna wait before I call it my favorite fighting game of all,but its so damn close!

Capgod cannot disappoint.

LiK

haunts said:
Updated the OP with links to strategy guides and stuff.. Ill be adding some more stuff like videos etc in the coming days.

BTW you guys can ask me anything about the game really.

online play. yay or nay?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Aeris130 said:

:lol

GQman2121

Banned
Geoff9920 said:
So, just curious, but has anyone who ordered a TE stick from a B&M gamestop received it yet or have you guys been told the same line? "by the first week in March"

They told me "sometime in March". I said fuck that, and drove 2 hours round trip to a Game Crazy and picked one up on Sunday.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Aeris130 said:

wOW :lol

Snaku

Banned
Holy shit. Decided to break the game in in training mode with Ryu. I just focus attacked -> focus attack dash cancel -> shoryuken -> Ultra. I'm was like :O

Lumine

Oi my manual is black&white. I got the regular PS3 PAL version. Oh well.

By the way if you change voices to japanese it also changes main menu song to japanese. It's still terrible though. :)

burgerdog

The gamestops around morning side in Manhattan had their shipments delayed to 5pm, NOOOOOOO. They expected them at 12pm so I went over and got the bad news, anyway, I reserved it while I was there to guarantee myself a copy. Reserving on release day, what the fu.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LiK said:
online play. yay or nay?

I posted a while back, two bars or less it will feel weird but looks fine. Anything above that is usually pretty smooth. Its on par or maybe a bit better than HD Remix.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just called up my GS and they said they got their copies in at 10 AM...just picked it up and proceeded to cream all inside my boxers and jeans.

Tonight...tonight is the night!

Work needs to get hit with a bomb or something so I can leave early!

Top Bottom