• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Duke Togo

Tiduz said:
hahaha, i read it does have in lobby but not DURING gameplay, anyone can confirm this?
o6du87.jpg

TIDUZ!!!!

Ramune

Got my call from GameStop a few hours ago, but the thing is, I'm at work and won't get out till 9 p.m. (when they close). Looks like I'll get mine tomorrow.

PS3 CE btw, PSN=Ramurabb, so you can add me in advance! Ja!

Teknoman

Oh if you are in Houston,Texas, all gamestops should have the game in today.

EDIT: I usually dont smack talk, but I might not be able to help it with SFIV.

Alright, I can't have my PC and ps3 on the internet at the same time (don't ask ) I'm switching over. Someone look me up, I don't know all the ps3 people from this thread. Seriously, I'm a button mashing hack, but I will improve. Beat me now....while you can!!!!

When was this Championship patch suppose to come out?

I thought it was today..

I want replays.. I COULD LITERALLY EAT DINNER WHILE WATCHING OTHERS PLAY!!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
MoxManiac said:
Is there an option to turn off voicechat?
I believe so.

And I remember hearing the PS3 version would be sub 720, this looks clean as hell on my plasma. It feels like an arcade perfect port. Controls great except the jumping isn't like the past SF games but that's a small nitpick. Loving the visual style. The intro song, ehhhhhh.

PS3 runs like a rock in SP and MP. Whoooooo, SF is back!

Sectus

henhowc said:
Hmm strange...I wouldn't say that SF is that far off from KOF. Are you talking about just playing the CPU or online?

From playing HD Remix online it seems like either someone is REALLY good or they are REALLY bad. I expect it to be a little more balanced with SF4 in terms of tweeners.
Both :(

I'm able to beat AI on easy settings, but well, you can do anything against AI on easy settings and still win. On medium on higher I might be able to win. Against online opponents, I've been pretty much useless so far.

I do notice some similarities to KoF games, but this game feels so so so much faster. Combos has to be inputted with insane timing. And in KoF most of the special moves has very obvious usages. In SF4 every character and their dog seems to have a very slow moving fireball, a shoryuken and a weird helicopter move. And I'm not really sure how to use those moves or how to counter them.

I hope KoF'98 on XBLA will get good netcode, I've got a feeling I'll enjoy that a lot more than I'm enjoying SF4 right now.

Snaku

Banned
Surpassed 250 battle points. :D Good Christ this game is addicting! If my family wasn't taking over the HDTV for the next several hours, I'd still be playing. :(

Oh well, see you guys at around 11 PM EST.

_tetsuo_ said:
Just got home with the game, red ring. I just got it back from MS for red lights maybe 2 weeks ago. Fantastic.

Fuc....man I'm sorry to hear that...Sucks that it had to happen today...

Cynar said:
called gamestop in hamilton ontario, was also told 3 - 5pm

I've been trying to call all the local EB Games. No joking, their lines have been busy for the last half hour or so. I've been delaying my break so that I can pick one up on my lunch (which is going to be more of a dinner at this rate)...

Teknoman

Sectus said:
Both :(

I'm able to beat AI on easy settings, but well, you can do anything against AI on easy settings and still win. On medium on higher I might be able to win. Against online opponents, I've been pretty much useless so far.

I do notice some similarities to KoF games, but this game feels so so so much faster. Combos has to be inputted with insane timing. And in KoF most of the special moves has very obvious usages. In SF4 every character and their dog seems to have a very slow moving fireball, a shoryuken and a weird helicopter move. And I'm not really sure how to use those moves or how to counter them.

I hope KoF'98 on XBLA will get good netcode, I've got a feeling I'll enjoy that a lot more than I'm enjoying SF4 right now.

How? The moves that go high in the air are anti-air moves or moves to escape from certain attacks, the fireballs attacks only go as fast as whatever strength button you press. Everything else works about the same as any other 2d fighter would.

Also main series SF isnt really about racking up combos, its more about how you use the moves to your advantage.

In other news, wow the intro is insane when watching it on an HDTV for the first time.

LaneDS

Alivor said:
Your avatar is amazing. :D
I just played some player matches and was able to beat some guy waaay better than me thanks to Ultra Combos! He got pretty mad.

Thanks! I think there might be a correlation here somewhere.

Vega's Rolling Izuna Drop is giving me issues, any tips?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Don't forget to install the game if you have the PS3 version. Virtually no load times at all. It takes about 1-2 seconds to get from the select screen to battle. And it's nicely masked by the display and chatter that's going on while you wait. PERFECT! And of course, this isn't mandatory, you have to go under the system settings (I think).

_tetsuo_ said:
Just got home with the game, red ring. I just got it back from MS for red lights maybe 2 weeks ago. Fantastic.
I feel your pain, my Elite died on Sunday. Why can't a console this gen last for more than 21 months?!?! I will now be on my third 360 and second PS3 with none lasting past 21 months, UGH!

duffey

So the store I pre-ordered from isn't getting any copies till tomorrow while the store just a few miles away from there has copies available. Hell yeah South Carolina/GameStop! I guess I'll just put my pre-order money on Star Ocean 4 and get SF4 at the other store today hooray!

Dave Long

Banned
Well, I lucked into a FightStick today at Game Crazy. I figured since all of you were going apeshit about it being in stores, I'd just mosey on in after I went to the dentist. Lo and behold all the sticks were not spoken for. The guy checked for like a full five or ten minutes to be sure, and then I walked out with one.

The game is supposed to arrive this afternoon, so I'll have to make a second trip back for that, but the stick was the thing I was worried about and that's safe in my car right now here at work. Even if the game is sold out and I can't find one today, I'll be happy.

My Amazon order wasn't even going to ship until Friday at the earliest and probably not until next week. That's all been cancelled.

h3ro said:
How are load times on 360 when installed?
Non existant.

Its funny when I play online.. I can tell who doesnt have the game installed because it takes like 10-15 secs to load the match while someone who has it installed.. it starts within 5.

neight

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I believe so.

And I remember hearing the PS3 version would be sub 720, this looks clean as hell on my plasma. It feels like an arcade perfect port. Controls great except the jumping isn't like the past SF games but that's a small nitpick. Loving the visual style. The intro song, ehhhhhh.

PS3 runs like a rock in SP and MP. Whoooooo, SF is back!
Interesting revelations about the resolution/AA differences between PS3 and 360 version at beyond3d. Looks like PS3 version reduces resolution for close ups while 360 version always stays at 720p and has 2xAA which PS3 version doesn't have. Reducing resolution as needed for higher framerate is smart it's what impressed me the most with wipeout hd I hope more developers do it. Although it sucks that the ps3 version can't keep a steady 720p with AA to begin with.

I'm getting the PS3 version btw no one flame me as an anal whiner I'm just curious about the technical aspects of games.

elbkhm

slayn said:
example with sagat
jumping high kick
crouching middle punch
do even a hint of hadoken motion but don't hit any buttons

sagat will do a 3 hit combo consisting of jumping high kicking, crouching middle punch, medium tiger fireball. But I only I pressed two buttons! I don't want three moves when I only pressed two buttons you stupid game!
It's called "negative edge", and it's been in all the Street Fighters. The game registers a button press both when you depress it, and when you release it. Try holding the button longer, or releasing it sooner. It can be useful for combos, so keep it in mind.

Checked around a few places in the Natomas area of Sacramento. The gamestop on Truxel has it in stock but they are being big mean jerks and only selling to those who pre-ordered. =(

elbkhm said:
It's called "negative edge", and it's been in all the Street Fighters. The game registers a button press both when you depress it, and when you release it. Try holding the button longer, or releasing it sooner. It can be useful for combos, so keep it in mind.

Thats what its called! I'm a bit rusty on my terms. For some reason I kept thinking charge partitioning but I knew that couldn't be right.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
elbkhm said:

cool, I wasn't going to argue with him as I'm no expert, but I remember having the same "issue" with fireball combos in previous games... I assumed I was just rapidly pressing the button twice without realizing it. Good to know what it really is now.

Akim

Banned
Wow, this is fucking bullshit.

The gamestop I preordered at doesnt have them until wednesday.

The other gamestop closest to me has them but only for preorders.

Bestbuy says tomorrow.

LaneDS

Just pulled off the Rolling Izuna Drop with the DS3 and I feel like a king now. A king with a sore thumb. This game is going to destroy me.

LowParry

Sakura for the motha fuckin win! I haven't even bothered unlocking the other characters yes. Hot damn she's good. Challenge mode with her later today! Lunch calls!

Teknoman

Akim said:
Wow, this is fucking bullshit.

The gamestop I preordered at doesnt have them until wednesday.

The other gamestop closest to me has them but only for preorders.

Bestbuy says tomorrow.

No way they can shift em over or something?

Top Bottom