• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Anyone in/around Denver - I got my copy with no preorder at the GS at 35th and quebec. Call all the GS's in the area. Regardless of what a few of them said, they are all under differant rules for this. Some stores got preorders early today and some won't even get preorders until tomorrow. A few of them have it and will sell it. Just find out which. Don't bother with any Wallymarts or Best Buy's I tried them all. I might need a new pad for this. Super StartDust already kills my controllers, I think SF4 my cripple it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
brandonh83 said:
I HAVE OBTAINED THE STREET FIGHTER IV VIDEOGAME

psn: zombiepulse

add me, bitches. I suck at fighting games so if you want a punk to trash up on, add me.

I'll add you once I get home tonight.

Linkhero1

Sectus said:
I don't think I'm very good at this game :( I just lost to a guy repeating 2 moves over and over.

I really have no idea how to get better. I'm able to play games like Soul Calibur and King of Fighters quite well, but I feel absolutely completely hopeless in this game.

Playing against the AI doesn't seem to help much. At easy settings I can win by doing pretty much anything. At medium or higher I lose 90% of the time and the only way I can do better is to exploit the AI and start to repeat one move at times they never block it... but that doesn't exactly help me to become a better player against other human players.

The Trial mode is worthless for me. The first trials lists me a few moves I could easily look up in the command list, it doesn't teach me what kind of situations those moves are good for and how they should be used. And the later trials with combos longer than 2 moves are quite simply impossible for me to pull off.

I guess I'll continue my quest to get one single online win.
Play against as many different people as you can. You gain experience and learn new things. That's what I'm going to do.

ryuen

My preorder is ready for pickup at a GameStop in Elk Grove, CA. I hear that this is the case for a majority of the Sacramento GameStops as well. I can't wait omgggggg.

amodf

I got mine whee.

Can you share the PS3 DLC? I want to install it at work but don't want to only have alternate costumes installed there.

LaneDS

Picked up a non pre-ordered copy at the Burke, VA Gamestop, if people are looking in the area.

And I am *terrible* at this game, wow. Playing on the DualShock 3 isn't making matters any easier... can't do a Sonic Boom or any charge up move to save my life (I am, however, apparently very good at jumping non-stop, even when I don't want to!)

Game is awesome though. Installing is mandatory.

Oh, and I'm the highly originally named LaneDS on PSN if anyone wants an easy target.

rhino4evr

I played for about 15 minutes and came away EXTREMELY impressed. The art style and animation is awesome. Now if I could only figure out how to pull off Vega's Ultra. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Anyway, and people hesitating, don't.

Also if anyone wants to add a "average" SFII player to their friend list my username is SauerReviews.

Thanks,

EDITL I have it for PS3

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just got home with the game, red ring. I just got it back from MS for red lights maybe 2 weeks ago. Fantastic.

Darkman M

Sectus said:
I don't think I'm very good at this game :( I just lost to a guy repeating 2 moves over and over.

I really have no idea how to get better. I'm able to play games like Soul Calibur and King of Fighters quite well, but I feel absolutely completely hopeless in this game.

Playing against the AI doesn't seem to help much. At easy settings I can win by doing pretty much anything. At medium or higher I lose 90% of the time and the only way I can do better is to exploit the AI and start to repeat one move at times they never block it... but that doesn't exactly help me to become a better player against other human players.

The Trial mode is worthless for me. The first trials lists me a few moves I could easily look up in the command list, it doesn't teach me what kind of situations those moves are good for and how they should be used. And the later trials with combos longer than 2 moves are quite simply impossible for me to pull off.

You can't get better without losing, keep practicing and playing others online, and the trial mode is tough for almost everyone nothing to be a shame of.

As far as I'm concerned this is the best fighter I've ever played. Good freakin lord this game is absolutely awesome. What a blast. Presentation value is IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE

Sectus

Is it possible to setup lobbies with more than 2 players? I notice there's some text on top of the screen which says "1 on 1 lobby", but well, I've seen no options for any other type of lobby.

And god darnit. Why the heck did they make that awful song loop constantly in all menus, and give the lobby a ton of different awesome songs? Couldn't they have just made those awesome songs play in all menus?

ravien56

Sectus said:

I was the same with hd remix, always losing online but 150 matches later I'm starting to win and starting to notice all the different things about the characters each match is differeent and u gotta adjust ur defense and offense accordingly. I guess what I'm saying is practise.you'll get the hang of it

Okay--- I finally found where to install it. Options->System Settings->Install for those wondering.

Installing and taking a break just for a moment.... man what a game..... this really quite awesome!

Barrett2

brandonh83 said:
As far as I'm concerned this is the best fighter I've ever played. Good freakin lord this game is absolutely awesome. What a blast. Presentation value is IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE

Must....obtain.... game..
2z8chfk.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned

Hmm strange...I wouldn't say that SF is that far off from KOF. Are you talking about just playing the CPU or online?

From playing HD Remix online it seems like either someone is REALLY good or they are REALLY bad. I expect it to be a little more balanced with SF4 in terms of tweeners.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Just picked it up. First impressions is something I didn't see coming. I thought I would love the easeing up on special move inputs, but after half an hour I hate them and wish I could go back to the old way.

I find myself pulling off moves that I did *not* input or input way before the game decided 'eh close enough' and decides to do the move for me.

example with sagat
jumping high kick
crouching middle punch
do even a hint of hadoken motion but don't hit any buttons

sagat will do a 3 hit combo consisting of jumping high kicking, crouching middle punch, medium tiger fireball. But I only I pressed two buttons! I don't want three moves when I only pressed two buttons you stupid game!

I'm finding sagat hard challenge 3 to be a bitch because of this fact.

wowzors said:
Anyone know if bestbuy stores even carry the CE? Im tempted to go look.

I preordered a ps3 CE in store a few days ago in NJ. I'll pass by later today to see if they have it, but I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow.

slayn said:
Just picked it up. First impressions is something I didn't see coming. I thought I would love the easeing up on special move inputs, but after half an hour I hate them and wish I could go back to the old way.

I find myself pulling off moves that I did *not* input or input way before the game decided 'eh close enough' and decides to do the move for me.

example with sagat
jumping high kick
crouching middle punch

sagat will do a 3 hit combo consisting of jumping high kicking, crouching middle punch, medium tiger fireball. But I only I pressed two buttons! I don't want three moves when I only pressed two buttons you stupid game!

The Tiger comes out when you release the middle punch. I forgot what they call it.

I picked up my preorder from Gamestop during lunch (still can't believe how big they came through on both my TE stick and the game) and everyone in the store seemed to be there for Streetfighter. So yeah, apparently I've been giving out the wrong Live ID for the last three years or so (mixed it up with my PSN ID). Anyone who wants to battle: K1LL3R GDL

I expect some serious beatdowns for the forseeable future :'(

Teknoman

Just got back from work. Here comes a new challenger!

QUOTE=Saint Gregory]I picked up my preorder from Gamestop during lunch (still can't believe how big they came through on both my TE stick and the game) and everyone in the store seemed to be there for Streetfighter. So yeah, apparently I've been giving out the wrong Live ID for the last three years or so (mixed it up with my PSN ID). Anyone who wants to battle: K1LL3R GDL

I expect some serious beatdowns for the forseeable future :'([/QUOTE]

Yeah I was surprised how many people were in the store talking about SFIV. Also we ended up getting some extra SE sticks...but those might be for reserves.

rhino4evr said:
I played for about 15 minutes and came away EXTREMELY impressed. The art style and animation is awesome. Now if I could only figure out how to pull off Vega's Ultra. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Anyway, and people hesitating, don't.

Also if anyone wants to add a "average" SFII player to their friend list my username is SauerReviews.

Thanks,

EDITL I have it for PS3

One continuous motion.. Down Back (Charge for 1.5 secs) - Down Forward - Down Back and then Up or Up (direction your facing for wall farthest away).

I have THIRTY HOURS of playtime so far since Friday and I just perfected it last night but still slip up once every five or so times.

EDIT - Note that 1.5 sec charge is all your down motions should at least equal that amount.

Spy

slayn said:

example with sagat
jumping high kick
crouching middle punch

UGH. Not liking this.

Agent X

It's great to see all these positive reactions. I hope that I'll be able to pick up my SF4 Collector's Edition today!

Baker said:
Is this serious? I'm switching over to 360 if that's the case.
NO it's not. PS3 VERSION HAS voice chat. I just played my first game ever online and it had it. LOL Expecting no voice chat rumors to start now :p

h3ro

Tiduz said:
no voice chat on ps3? :(

You just gave Kotaku their next story... once they find out that the PS3 version does have chat, they'll go after you're integrity and tell us how GAF just flushed it down the toilet or something... :lol

Top Bottom