• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zeliard

Akim said:
Wow, this is fucking bullshit.

The gamestop I preordered at doesnt have them until wednesday.

The other gamestop closest to me has them but only for preorders.

Bestbuy says tomorrow.

I just picked up the PS3 version from a local Gamestop. It was one of the last 2 copies available. 360 version was completely sold out. Try getting them to transfer your pre-order.

Akim said:
Wow, this is fucking bullshit.

The gamestop I preordered at doesnt have them until wednesday.

The other gamestop closest to me has them but only for preorders.

Bestbuy says tomorrow.
they should be able to transfer the preorder to another store

i did that once in 2004

rikichi

this is some shit.

its funny how gamestop shipped my TE stick very early but now the CE is backordered?!

i cant fuckin believe it.

somehow i cant help myslef from laughing out of anger.

My CE " doesn't come out til tomorrow" according to Game Crazy. I think they just missed a shipment or something. Why would Capcom makr those who preordered the CE, arguably the biggest fans, wait an extra day.

He did give me a coin before I left. Too bad my 360 can't play SF4 off of it.

Raw64life

This game has friendly online matches too right? I stuck to friendly matches in HD Remix for a couple of months before I started playing ranked matches and it paid off pretty handsomely as I currently have a 504-78 record. I wouldn't want to jump right into ranked matches in SFIV seeing as I've never played it before.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So now there's more American players online. Had a few more decent-good matches (finally lost some BP!), but it's still 98% shotoscrub, only now with guys on mics going either "HELLO? HELLO! HELLO?! CAN U HEAR ME HELLO?!?!" or just endless cursing like "WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT WHAT HOW'D YOU DO DAT BULLSHIT FUCK," etc.

I was thinking about making this my XBL Profile. What do you think, guys?

Some free advice for new players.

-PLEASE try someone OTHER than Ryu, Ken, or Akuma.
-PLEASE try do SPECIAL MOVES. Endless sweeps and jumpkicks are not going to get you very far.
-LEARN to BLOCK. You just hold back!
-NO, I'm not cheating when I use focus attacks.
-YES, I'm going to throw your ass every chance I get, especially if you never counter and just let me keep doing it to you OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
-YES, I CAN hear you, but I am not using a mic.
-MAYBE you should go back to CoD4, Madden, or whatever if this upsets you.

I mean damn, it wasn't think bad in HD Remix, and going back it wasn't this bad with other Capcom online games either. Maybe it's just that more popular than the others were?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Lyte Edge said:
I mean damn, it wasn't think bad in HD Remix, and going back it wasn't this bad with other Capcom online games either. Maybe it's just that more popular than the others were?

Most of those people will be back to CoD in 2 weeks, so just grit your teeth now.

Takuan

DoctorWho said:
Anyone in Toronto get their copy yet? I'm stuck at work till 5pm. :/
Closest EB to me (Woodside Square) said they get in whenever they get in. I'm tempted to go now, but there's jack shit to do at that mall. Maybe I'll check Fairview or STC in a little bit. As of ~3pm, Woodside hadn't gotten anything in yet.

Just called Fairview, they don't have it yet. The guy also said he doesn't know how many he'll be getting and if I didn't pre-order he can't guarantee anything. Woodside's looking like the safer bet... nobody shops there. :lol

Zeliard

Lyte Edge said:
So now there's more American players online. Had a few more decent-good matches (finally lost some BP!), but it's still 98% shotoscrub, only now with guys on mics going either "HELLO? HELLO! HELLO?! CAN U HEAR ME HELLO?!?!" or just endless cursing like "WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT WHAT HOW'D YOU DO DAT BULLSHIT FUCK," etc.

-PLEASE try do SPECIAL MOVES. Endless sweeps and jumpkicks are not going to get you very far.
-YES, I'm going to throw your ass every chance I get, especially if you never counter and just let me keep doing it to you OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

SFIV is going to be insanely popular and its wide appeal to casuals means you'll have to be ready for tons of that.

MoxManiac

Zeliard said:
SFIV is going to be insanely popular and its wide appeal to casuals means you'll have to be ready for tons of that.

That's why i asked if voice chat could be disabled..but now that I think about it, it could be most entertaining...

honestly, I rather have this game sell well with more scrubs than have it sell poorly with fewer scrubs

I want SF4 to sell insanely well because they deserve it

MGrant

NYCGAF: HELP

Where can I find this game in Manhattan? Gamestops only have enough for preorders (WHAT THE FUCK YOU CHEAPASSES), Best Buy and VGNY won't have it until tomorrow, I am going to be so disheartened if I have to leave empty handed.

I am in the NYC Public Library right now, awaiting your response with fervour.

Teknoman

How exactly do you do the Jump heavy punch -> Heavy kick -> El Fuerte Dynamite combo in challenge mode with El Fuerte? Maybe my timing is off or something...

Takuan said:
Closest EB to me (Woodside Square) said they get in whenever they get in. I'm tempted to go now, but there's jack shit to do at that mall. Maybe I'll check Fairview or STC in a little bit. As of ~3pm, Woodside hadn't gotten anything in yet.

Just called Fairview, they don't have it yet. The guy also said he doesn't know how many he'll be getting and if I didn't pre-order he can't guarantee anything. Woodside's looking like the safer bet... nobody shops there. :lol

Now I'm starting to get nervous my EB isn't going to get them. The Store Manager at my location was very confident that they would have them by 5 though. He's usually on the mark about these things and he said that he had received word that it was a rush shipment for today.

Takuan said:

Now I'm starting to get nervous my EB isn't going to get them. The Store Manager at my location was very confident that they would have them by 5 though. He's usually on the mark about these things and he said that he had received word that it was a rush shipment for today.

LaneDS

How do cancels work? Got to the third trial and I'm unsure of what I'm trying to do. Crouch + Medium Kick followed by charge DB, F+K... do I just do those one after another? Also trying to get a feel for how long a charge is needed to do these moves.

And what do the masses think... lots of single player before going online for a newbie? Or should I go get my online beatings and just learn from that?

Got screwed out of my CE pre-order (they're not getting enough in today to cover), I went on a 1.5 hr tour de force through Best Buy (tomorrow....of course), Target (waited for the last truck, no SF IV), and the Ghetto Wal-Mart (HAHAHAHAHA No). Then I realized as I was leaving there was a NEW Gamestop next to the ghetto Wal-Mart. So I went in.

They had just gotten the shipment, and since they're new, they didn't have many pre-orders. So not only did they have extra 360 Reg. Editions, but 1 extra Collector Edition. Mine.

So for anyone in Austin, extra 360 copies at the new Gamestop in the Norwood Park center (behind the ghetto Wal-Mart at 183/I-35.

Jason

Takuan said:

I have a copy pre-ordered at Fairview. They usually get things in around 5 or so...hopefully this is one of those things. :lol

Jaruru

Takuan said:

fairview has nothing yet? I preordered mine @ MichaelAngelo's EB. I hope they'll get it by the time I get off...

the most dangerous part of fighting shoto scrubs is when you actually meet a good shoto player... it's like night and day

fight 10 bad shotos.... then meet 1 good one and get completely throw off guard in round 1... then in round 2 you go '' okay, I will take you seriously LOL''

Ravager61

Is there any place online that I can order the SE fightstick? I went to 2 gamestops today and they were both sold I out and have no idea when the next shipment is coming in. Amazon was taking orders yesterday but have since stopped. Should I just keep checking Gamestop to see if they get a shipment in?

TaKeRx

Lyte Edge said:

lmao :lol. Would you mind if I use it aswell?

RavenFox

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

:lol Sounds like you ran into the usual suspects

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
MGrant said:

Where can I find this game in Manhattan? Gamestops only have enough for preorders (WHAT THE FUCK YOU CHEAPASSES), Best Buy and VGNY won't have it until tomorrow, I am going to be so disheartened if I have to leave empty handed.

gamestop by Union Square told me they're definitely getting it (haven't yet) and that they will have copies for walk-in's. Dunno how many. If you take mine I'm gonna have to hunt you down and 360 you, 'Gief style.

Atlanta People, both gamestops at southlake pavilion, babbages in southlake mall, gamestop lenox all have this game in stock. got mine at mtzion gamestop no preorder

MGrant said:

So you didn't preorder and now your whining?

Too bad.

Half the shipment came in early enough for them to get it to preorder customers only. Makes perfect sense. Pick it up tomorrow.

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
So you didn't preorder and now your whining?

Too bad.

Half the shipment came in early enough for them to get it to preorder customers only. Makes perfect sense. Pick it up tomorrow.

Thats just mean :lol

Top Bottom